NFL WEEK 13 LD

So at what point do people start giving Tim Tebow some credit for what he's done since becoming the starter? Explain it away all you like, but 5-1 is 5-1.

I think most people are already doing so. Big Sexy isn't, but that's just because Tebow is white.

If only the Broncos had signed David Garrard...we'd never hear the end of it. Of course, the Broncos wouldn't be a playoff contender, but that wouldn't matter.

So at what point do people start giving Tim Tebow some credit for what he's done since becoming the starter? Explain it away all you like, but 5-1 is 5-1.

Tebow has gotten more credit then anyone for this turnaround. I was thinking it's time John Fox and the defense start getting recognized for there contributions. Tebow has done what he has had to do at the end of games and has not turned the ball over but at the end of the day the greatest improvement from 1-3 to 5-1 (both qbs played in the first loss to San Diego) is the play of the defense. The offense is averaging around the same, actually slightly less points per game. The defense has gone from giving up 28 points per game to giving up just 20 points per game.

I can see the Jets, Titans, Bengals, and Broncos being tied for that final wildcard since I think the AFC North has one locked down.

NFC- Giants and Falcons may have the advantage because of Cutler and Suh's possible suspension.

I think most people are already doing so. Big Sexy isn't, but that's just because Tebow is white.

How have I not given him credit? Over the last few weeks I've commended his late game ability to pull out victories and the fact that he doesn't turn the ball over. What else is there to commend? Just because I state the fact that the defensive turnaround is a bigger reason for the improvement doesn't mean I haven't given him the proper respect the last few weeks.

By the way my 5 favorite qb's in the league are Peyton Manning, Matt Stafford, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Michael Vick. Tebow could be darker then a Nigerian leaving a tanning bed and my opinion would be the same on him.

Nah, you have it all wrong.

The DENVER BRONCOS deserve a lot of recognition for how greatly they have improved since Tim Tebow becamse quarterback. At this point, saying anything else just makes you look silly.

That's actually exactly what I have been saying the last few weeks. However, as of now it has still been all Tebow getting the recognition and not the defense. Thus I made this statement.

Here's a question for my fellow football fanatics. Will we see a 16-0 team and an 0-16 team in the same season? And if not, which one won't happen, or will neither?

All season long, I have been saying that I think the Packers have to lose at least once, and that there's no way that the Colts can lose every game. However, I am startig to think that both will happen, which is pretty amazing if you think about it. For the loss of Manning to make Indy that bad that quickly is shocking to me. And as good as the Pack is, they play a lot of solid teams and I didn't think there was any way they could o undefeated.

How have I not given him credit? Over the last few weeks I've commended his late game ability to pull out victories and the fact that he doesn't turn the ball over. What else is there to commend?
I'll tell you what.

Say these words: "The Denver Broncos were losers before Tebow, and with Tebow as their leader, the Denver Broncos are winners". Say that and everyone will leave you alone. At least I will.

Here's a question for my fellow football fanatics. Will we see a 16-0 team and an 0-16 team in the same season? And if not, which one won't happen, or will neither?

All season long, I have been saying that I think the Packers have to lose at least once, and that there's no way that the Colts can lose every game. However, I am startig to think that both will happen, which is pretty amazing if you think about it. For the loss of Manning to make Indy that bad that quickly is shocking to me. And as good as the Pack is, they play a lot of solid teams and I didn't think there was any way they could o undefeated.

There has only been one 16-0 team and one 0-16 team since the schedule went to 16 games so the chances of both are slim. We may see one or the other but I doubt we see both.

I'll tell you what.

Say these words: "The Denver Broncos were losers before Tebow, and with Tebow as their leader, the Denver Broncos are winners". Say that and everyone will leave you alone. At least I will.

The Denver Broncos were losers before Tebow, and with Tebow as their leader, the Denver Broncos are winners. Why would I have trouble stating a fact? This has never been my issue.

The Denver Broncos were losers before Tebow, and with Tebow as their leader, the Denver Broncos are winners. Why would I have trouble stating a fact? This has never been my issue.

As long as you agree Tim Tebow is the difference, we're good.

As long as you agree Tim Tebow is the difference, we're good.

He is one of the differences along with the improved play of the defense and the team adapting to the new system with John Fox, yes. The TEAM led by Tebow as qb has been completely different since the change.

He is one of the differences along with the improved play of the defense and the team adapting to the new system with John Fox, yes. The TEAM led by Tebow as qb has been completely different since the change.

Right, but it's Tebow's team that is winning. Since he's the leader. Which makes him a winning QB, at least right now.

You see, when you keep trying to qualify with all those other statements, it makes it look like you're trying to minimize Tebow's importance in the Denver turnaround. Which, while everything you say might be true, you simply cannot minimize the impact Tim Tebow has had on the Denver Broncos.

Which is what your posts make it seem like, whether you mean it to or not.

There has only been one 16-0 team and one 0-16 team since the schedule went to 16 games so the chances of both are slim. We may see one or the other but I doubt we see both.

The thing is, though, is I just had a quick look at the schedule. Indy's 5 remaining games are against NE, BAL, TEN, HOU, and JAX. I simply don't see them having much of a shot in any of these games except possibly the last one.

Meanwhile, GB plays NYG, OAK, KC, CHI, and DET. 3/5 of those games are in Lambeau, with KC and the Giants being their road opponents. The only game I can realistically see them losing is next week against the Giants.

This being said, while I used to think it was pretty unlikely on both counts, and extremely unlikely for both to occur, I now feel that both will happen this season.

Right, but it's Tebow's team that is winning. Since he's the leader. Which makes him a winning QB, at least right now.

You see, when you keep trying to qualify with all those other statements, it makes it look like you're trying to minimize Tebow's importance in the Denver turnaround. Which, while everything you say might be true, you simply cannot minimize the impact Tim Tebow has had on the Denver Broncos.

Which is what your posts make it seem like, whether you mean it to or not.

If that's what it seems like then my bad but it hasn't been the intention of my posts, at least not the last few weeks.

I'm not going to lie and say that I like Tebow because I don't. There are certain players, teams, and coaches that most major sports fans have a great disdain for. I don't like Tebow just like I don't like Mark Sanchez (I actually dislike Sanchez more then Tebow and am glad he is being exposed this year).

It would be naive and stupid for me to discredit Tebow and his impact on the turnaround just like it would be naive and stupid for anyone to discredit the defense and the coaching as a big part of the turnaround. It has been a complete team effort.

The thing is, though, is I just had a quick look at the schedule. Indy's 5 remaining games are against NE, BAL, TEN, HOU, and JAX. I simply don't see them having much of a shot in any of these games except possibly the last one.

Meanwhile, GB plays NYG, OAK, KC, CHI, and DET. 3/5 of those games are in Lambeau, with KC and the Giants being their road opponents. The only game I can realistically see them losing is next week against the Giants.

This being said, while I used to think it was pretty unlikely on both counts, and extremely unlikely for both to occur, I now feel that both will happen this season.

Anything can happen in divisional games and it's not like the Titans have been lighting the world on fire with their play every week. The Texans are also going to have either TJ Yates or Kellen Clemens as their starting qb. We all know Jacksonville is beatable as well.

With Green Bay they pretty much have the number one spot in the NFC locked up and 4 of their last 5 are against teams who will be fighting for a playoff spot. The Giants and Raiders (who may have McFadden back) are both capable as is Detroit who may have a playoff spot on the line in week 17. I just can't see both things happen.

Bal. tends to play down to their competition, I wouldn't be shockied if Indy pulls out some sort of crazy upside, Houston is in trouble with their QB situation, so who knows whats going to happen with that team, & Jacksonville are very capable to losing a game, even to Indy.

I could see NYG beating GB next week, I hope it doesn't happen but I think of all the teams still on the schedule they have the best shot. I used to think Chicago could possibly do it, but unless they start getting better QB play they're just going to continue to fall, Hanie look terrible yesterday, Detroit has a legit shot as well, especially if GB is resting starters, Detroit will still have something to play for, & will be even more motivated after the beating they took on thanksgiving. So there are 2 games that GB stands a real good chance of losing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back