NFL Thread - 2010-11

The Redskins somehow stay in the playoff picture after the win at Tennessee. It wasn't a particularly good game to watch, but McNabb got the job done. He looked good leading the team in the 2 min offense. But the story here want about the Redskins.

Vince Young is done in Tennessee. The guy has no maturity whatsoever. He can't handle being a starting QB in this league. Egging the fans on to boo him, throwing his pads in the stands. He absolutely is done with the Titans. I can't imagine Fisher sticking with him at any point this season. Its a shame he hasn't learned to handle life as a QB in this league. And what happened to Moss? Interesting to see him play peacemaker on the sidelines. The Titans are going the wrong way and have too many issues to make the playoffs.

---
The Raiders loss to the Steelers wasn't a surprise. The Steelers got embarassed at home by the Patriots last week, so you knew they were going to come out and tear the Raiders up. The Raiders aren't a bad team, but they aren't up there with the likes of the Steelers. Seymour made himself a Raider for real with his openhanded shove of Big Ben. This Raiders team should be fun to watch, whether they win or not.

---
Can the 49ers get any worse? Oh yea, they're 21-0 loss to the Bucs was they first shutout at home since 1977. That offense looked no better than when Jimmie Raye was the OC. Singletary needs to say more than "I need to look at the film", "we got to look at the film". Anyways, this loss has basically ended the Singletary era. What upsets me thought, is that they still have a shot at winning the division. Again, the West should be banned from the playoffs this year.

As bad as the NFC West is, I still say that the Seahawks with a healthy Matt Hasselbeck are at least close to a legit playoff team. They are 5-5 overall and one of those losses came with Hasselbeck injured. They are also a great home team sitting at 3-1 at home and 3-0 at home with Hasselbeck. I see them going no worse then 8-8 and if they're able to win at home this week over KC then I see them with 9 wins at years end. With that said, the NFC West is still possibly the worst division in NFL history.

The Steelers have been a Jeckyl and Hyde team: They've beaten the teams they should have beaten, unlike last year. But they've been outclassed and outmatched against the three teams that have beaten them so far in the Ravens, Saints, and Patriots. The Ravens beat them in the last minute, but by the second half against the Saints and Patriots, they were essentially out of both games.

The Steelers offensive line is a complete mess. Tackles Willie Colon and Max Starks are both done with injury, and Trai Essix played so terribly against the Patriots that he was benched in favor of career backup Jonatahan Scott. A scary moment occurred in the Raiders game when rookie center Maurkice Pouncey limped off the field. Fortunately, x-rays on his leg came back negative, and he'll be fine.

The Steelers visit Buffalo on Sunday, which should be an easy win, but Buffalo's pass offense has been explosive as of late, and the Steelers have struggled against the pass if they havent gotten pressure on the QB, with the most glaring evidence being against the Patriots. Anyway, the Steelers SHOULD enter a huge divisional showdown in two weeks at Heinz Field against Baltimore with both teams 8-3 that not only will likely decide the division, but the Steelers fate in general. As a wild card team, they simply won't be healthy enough to win 4 games in the playoffs against elite teams, with aforementioned injuries already decimating the offensive line, and the defensive line as well. Hopefully the beatdown of the Raiders will be the catalyst the Steelers need to propel them to a long winning streak, including what I would consider an upset over Baltimore, despite playing at home.

The 49ers did what they were suppose to do last night and beat a terrible team in the Cardinals. They smashed them and now find themselves only 1 game back in the West. They suffered a key loss, though, in Gore. Word today is he's done for the season with a broken hip. Westbrook came in and did a fine job of replacing Gore, but Gore is still a big part of the offense. Not having him on the field will hurt the 49ers.
----

The Redskins need help. Big Sexy talks about not letting McNabb go unless they are going to rebuild. Well, they have to. And I'm not even going to blame McNabb. He is in the same position as he was in Philly, that being he has no one to throw to. Outside of Moss, we have no WRs. Portis is done for the year, and probably for his career. We just don't have anyone on offense.

Outside of that, how do you get that block in the back during that TD run? Such a stupid play. And it wasn't nice watching that 60 year old QB running for a 1st down to seal the win. This team is unbeliavbly frustrating to watch. Congrats to Frazier on his first win.
----
The Cowboys may have lost, but they seem to be playing much better these past couple of weeks. If not for Roy Williams fumble, they win that game. I have no choice to admit I was wrong about the firing of Phillips. It obviously worked and has the Cowboys playing at a much higher level. If the Cowboys continue to play like this, Garrett has a good shot at winning the job.
----
Something that I never considered but has been talked about a lot now is the lockout and how it affects the coaching changes. Considering there might not be a season next year, owners might not make coaching changes or go after the big name. So names like McDaniels, Singletary who are on the hot seat may not be gone. Guys like Garrett and Frazier have a much better shot of being kept as HC than they might have if there was any certainity of playing next season. (Although Frazier probably deserves it more anyways). Interesting to see how this plays out.

The balance of power in the AFC will likely be determined this week. Possibly the four best teams in the AFC will clash in games that will likely determine their divisions and their playoff seedings for the year.
----

The Jets held home field against the Patriots, and I imagine the Patriots will return the favor against the Jets. The Jets running game has been slowing down over the past few weeks, as LT hasn't shown the burst he had in the beginning of the season. The emergence of Santonio Holmes as a big play threat has helped Mark Sanchez immensely. The Patriots run game has been surprisingly effective, and the return of Deion Branch has ignited the passing game. I expect the Patriots to win this one, as Tom Brady hasn't lost a home game since 2006. Incredible if you think about it. Both teams are 9-2, and a win will likely secure a bye for the winner.
----

The Steelers travel to Baltimore in a battle of 8-3 teams. The Steelers dominated the Ravens in many aspects of their first game, but ultimately lost on a last minute touchdown pass from Joe Flacco to TJ Houshmanzadeh. The Steelers have been riddled by injuries ever since, both on their offensive and defensive line. Tackles Willie Colon and Max Starks are lost for the season, and both starting defensive ends Brett Keisel and Aaron Smith have missed significant time and wont play in Baltimore.
----

I think injuries will make the difference, and the Ravens wll sweep the Steelers in the season series. Pittsburgh was lucky to defeat 2-9 Buffalo after Stevie "I blame God" Johnson dropped an easy touchdown pass in overtime. The Steelers had lead 13-0 in the first half, but shot themselves in the foot with penalties, especially holding calls against the offensive line. I imagine they'll have a hard time running against the Ravens front 7, and will force the Steelers to pass more then they'ld like. With the offensive line in shambles, I don't see them being able to keep Roethlisberger upright.
----

Anyway, two games that will completely tip the balance of power in the AFC. I imagine the Ravens and Patriots will win and will be the 2 teams that emerge as the top teams in the AFC, and close in on first round byes.

I've been a Steelers fan basically since the days of them having Maddox of the XFL. That being said, if it were me, this week against Balt might be the first or 2nd game I would (have) start(ed) "Big Ben". I think he, not Harrison, being in the lineup draws the refs' eyes & flags.

Harrison may really need to consider retirement, because otherwise he's going to go broke. He was fined again for a hit, this one for $25,000. That's now 4 fines totaling $125,000. He needs to understand that the league isn't playing around, and if he continues to play like he does, he's going to continue to get fined. The league is coming down hard on these type of hits, and Harrison isn't going to convince them that his shots are legal.
----
Word is some investment groups from L.A are interested in bringing the Vikings down to L.A. the Vikings are in their last year at the Metrodome, and it is well known that Zygi Wilf is looking for a new stadium. It will be intersting to see if this can give the Vikings more leverage in trying to get a stadium built in Minnesota.

I know this is an in general thread about the whole NFL, but I'm not going to post another thread about this, since most NFL full backs don't get alot praise for what they do, who do you think is the best full back ever and why?

So much for playoff aspirations. I knew they were over with the loss at home to the Eagles, but tbhis was the final nail. Just a straight beating again. McNabb is playing as if he really doesn't want to be here or something. 3 fumbles (1 lost) and 2 INTs. It didn't help that the receivers didn't catch a damn thing. Or that the defense couldn't stop the run if their paychecks depended on it. Another all around beating. This team needs a lot more help than I ever thought it did. Its falling apart. Who knows what's going to happen with this team.
-----
It was pretty much known the 49ers were not going to win in Green Bay. They hung around for a little bit, though, before it got away from them. At 4-8, the game next week is huge for the 49ers. Should they lose to Seattle, that will all but end their playoff hopes. And that actually would be a good thing. Almost all 49ers' fans absolutely hate this playoff talk, as they know just how bad they are.
-----
Big win for the Raiders down in San Diego. Everything was clicking for them. Campbell throwing and rushing for TDs. Running the ball to the tune of 251 yards. Holding the Chargers to just 21 yards rushing. This ended the Chargers 18 game winning streak in December. This just may be the year they don't make that run. They are now tied with Oakland for 2nd place and 2 games behind the Chiefs. They have a huge game next week themselves against the Chiefs. A loss would basically end hopes of the playoffs.
-----
Had to mention this. The Jags sit atop the AFC South all by themselves with a game up on the Colts. Their win over the Titans mixed with the Colts overtime loss has them in first place. This team just won't go away. It seems like everything is clicking for them. Of course, it helps that you play a team that is just falling apart. It looks like VY's case is getting stronger with each game passing. At any rate, the Jags have 1 more game against the Colts, and if they can get the win, they will have swept the season series and basically win the South. Some exciting games coming up.

My Falcons got a big come from behind win in Tampa. I thought they were done when the Bucs went up by 10, but Eric Weems had a fantastic kick return for a TD, then Ryan drove right down the field, and threw one to Jenkins for another TD. Freeman got picked off by Grimes to end it. The Bucs cost themselves the game with penalties and poor 4th Defense, while my Falcons advance to 10-2 and if people were still wondering, yes we're for real.

Bears continue to win. Whether they got lucky or not yesterday is irrelevant. What matters is what is in the win column, and that is the number 9. Sometimes you need the ball to bounce your way and it did yesterday. With 4 games remaining the Bears have the Pats next week. Sadly I will miss it but will remain updated. Tonight can give me a little better insight to the game, but the defense of the Patriots hasn't been pretty this season, especially in the passing game. I just hope the Bears don't get all pass happy on me. Steady running game can open the passing game. Be patient and protect Cutler. Some home cooking should be very helpful. Why isn't this a Sunday or Monday night game?

Then they travel to a rejuvenated Vikings team with new coach, Sidney Rice, and possibly Brett Favre (Fov ra). Keep Peterson in check, and don't let the receivers behind them and they have a good shot to win. Again the offensive line will need to keep Cutler protected.

Jets come to Soldier Field. Definitely one tough fuckin' game for the Bears. The Jets are putting it together on both sides of the ball this season, a great defense and a very good offense. Bears will need to cinch it up and honker down for this huge game. I'm thinking a very black and blue game.

Finish it up with the Packers and the greatest rivalry in football history. I can see this being for the division, and it will be another tough game. Packers are still a great team and Rodgers has continued to grow and become one of the top QBs in the league. Going to Lambeau won't be easy.

This is going to be a tough as nails month. I can see the Bears going anywhere from 4-0 to 0-4 in this month. Both are unlikely and it will probably end up at 2-2 or 1-3 according to most. I'm thinking there could be an outside chance at 3-1. The Patriots will be all about the defense trying to stop Tom Brady and the offense beating a mediocre at best defense. Vikings, can they stop Peterson, and the passing game of Favre or Jackson and Sidney Rice. Jets, tough slobberknocker of a game. I'm thinking very back and forth. Packers same way. Any of the outcomes are possible, and the 2-2 is what I would at least pray for. I do know though, it will be one damn fun month of football.

Bears continue to win. Whether they got lucky or not yesterday is irrelevant. What matters is what is in the win column, and that is the number 9. Sometimes you need the ball to bounce your way and it did yesterday. With 4 games remaining the Bears have the Pats next week. Sadly I will miss it but will remain updated. Tonight can give me a little better insight to the game, but the defense of the Patriots hasn't been pretty this season, especially in the passing game. I just hope the Bears don't get all pass happy on me. Steady running game can open the passing game. Be patient and protect Cutler. Some home cooking should be very helpful. Why isn't this a Sunday or Monday night game?

Then they travel to a rejuvenated Vikings team with new coach, Sidney Rice, and possibly Brett Favre (Fov ra). Keep Peterson in check, and don't let the receivers behind them and they have a good shot to win. Again the offensive line will need to keep Cutler protected.

Jets come to Soldier Field. Definitely one tough fuckin' game for the Bears. The Jets are putting it together on both sides of the ball this season, a great defense and a very good offense. Bears will need to cinch it up and honker down for this huge game. I'm thinking a very black and blue game.

Finish it up with the Packers and the greatest rivalry in football history. I can see this being for the division, and it will be another tough game. Packers are still a great team and Rodgers has continued to grow and become one of the top QBs in the league. Going to Lambeau won't be easy.

This is going to be a tough as nails month. I can see the Bears going anywhere from 4-0 to 0-4 in this month. Both are unlikely and it will probably end up at 2-2 or 1-3 according to most. I'm thinking there could be an outside chance at 3-1. The Patriots will be all about the defense trying to stop Tom Brady and the offense beating a mediocre at best defense. Vikings, can they stop Peterson, and the passing game of Favre or Jackson and Sidney Rice. Jets, tough slobberknocker of a game. I'm thinking very back and forth. Packers same way. Any of the outcomes are possible, and the 2-2 is what I would at least pray for. I do know though, it will be one damn fun month of football.

This next stretch, more than any other, is going to provide you with the insight you need to know whether the Bears are a contending team or just merely pretending. I'm still not sold, and frankly, the only team I'm sold on so far in the NFC has to be the Falcons. I believe the only criticism people have had regarding the Falcons was, allegedly, they couldn't win a tough game on the road. Last night they did just that, winning a game they had absolutely no business winning against the Tampa Bay Bucs. That is a very good team, and were it not for that NFC West debacle, would most likely be a playoff team. Otherwise, everyone else seems to have a fatal flaw. If you blitz the Eagles up the middle, you will give them trouble. The Bears still have old Dumpster Fire Cutler at QB, so color me skeptic. I'm not buying into the Giants, and really, the second best team in the NFC seems to be the Saints, who have already lost the lead on the division.

This next stretch, more than any other, is going to provide you with the insight you need to know whether the Bears are a contending team or just merely pretending. I'm still not sold, and frankly, the only team I'm sold on so far in the NFC has to be the Falcons. I believe the only criticism people have had regarding the Falcons was, allegedly, they couldn't win a tough game on the road. Last night they did just that, winning a game they had absolutely no business winning against the Tampa Bay Bucs. That is a very good team, and were it not for that NFC West debacle, would most likely be a playoff team. Otherwise, everyone else seems to have a fatal flaw. If you blitz the Eagles up the middle, you will give them trouble. The Bears still have old Dumpster Fire Cutler at QB, so color me skeptic. I'm not buying into the Giants, and really, the second best team in the NFC seems to be the Saints, who have already lost the lead on the division.

Don't get me wrong. The Bears have definitely overachieved this season. But that was mainly in the first 7 weeks. Before yesterday, the previous 4 weeks were very complete games. Running, throwing, playing defense, special teams. All played well and they won. Definitely agree that this next month will be very telling on what they can do if they make the playoffs. If they play games like they did against the Vikings, Dolphins, and Eagles, I think they can come out with a 3-1 record. If they don't, then it would more likely be 1-3. I'm just pissed I can't see the game against the Pats.

Don't get me wrong. The Bears have definitely overachieved this season. But that was mainly in the first 7 weeks. Before yesterday, the previous 4 weeks were very complete games. Running, throwing, playing defense, special teams. All played well and they won. Definitely agree that this next month will be very telling on what they can do if they make the playoffs. If they play games like they did against the Vikings, Dolphins, and Eagles, I think they can come out with a 3-1 record. If they don't, then it would more likely be 1-3. I'm just pissed I can't see the game against the Pats.

Likely will be a good one, but frankly, I hate to say this, but I just don't see the Bears matching up with the Patriots. What we have is a running team that would like to stretch the field sideline to sideline with short passes, because of an ineffective offensive line. You know who that sounds a lot like? The Pittsburgh Steelers. And, to a lesser extent, the Baltimore Ravens. How did those games go for the opponents again?

Here, you're pretty much getting the same situation, except

A. Pittsburgh can actually air the ball out more often.
B. Jay Cutler is more turnover prone than Ben Roethlisberger.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see you take down the Pats. Really would. It just looks like a mismatch. New England gives up yards, but they also take a ton fuck of turnovers. And when you have a turnover prone QB, one can really only see the writing on the wall.

Likely will be a good one, but frankly, I hate to say this, but I just don't see the Bears matching up with the Patriots. What we have is a running team that would like to stretch the field sideline to sideline with short passes, because of an ineffective offensive line. You know who that sounds a lot like? The Pittsburgh Steelers. And, to a lesser extent, the Baltimore Ravens. How did those games go for the opponents again?

Here, you're pretty much getting the same situation, except

A. Pittsburgh can actually air the ball out more often.
B. Jay Cutler is more turnover prone than Ben Roethlisberger.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see you take down the Pats. Really would. It just looks like a mismatch. New England gives up yards, but they also take a ton fuck of turnovers. And when you have a turnover prone QB, one can really only see the writing on the wall.

Cutler has surprisingly kept the turnovers down lately. Only 3 INTs in the last 5 weeks and I know of at least 1 fumble but there may be more (past 5 weeks). If he can be efficient like he was against the Eagles I can see the Bears winning. The Pats D just doesn't impress me a whole lot. That is the key to Cutler. If he doesn't turn it over then he gives you a chance to win. The O-line has played better the past 5 weeks compared to the first 7. Got sacked 27 times in the first 7, 14 the last 5. Not great but I can live with that. We just need to see the game get played. People were writing off the Bears against the Eagles, look what happened.

I never thought I would say this, but Alex Smith is back starting for the Niners. I think its a bad move. Alex has proven he can't help you win. Troy may not be the best, but he provides mobility and can avoid the rush much better than Alex. This falls on Singletary. He continually wants to just run the ball and look where its gotten him. Perfect example of his failures was against Green Bay. 3rd and 1 and they....pass? Incomplete. They just cqant get it right. Singletary just doesn't seem to get it. He wasn't ready to take on this job and its showing.

I never thought I would say this, but Alex Smith is back starting for the Niners. I think its a bad move. Alex has proven he can't help you win. Troy may not be the best, but he provides mobility and can avoid the rush much better than Alex. This falls on Singletary. He continually wants to just run the ball and look where its gotten him. Perfect example of his failures was against Green Bay. 3rd and 1 and they....pass? Incomplete. They just cqant get it right. Singletary just doesn't seem to get it. He wasn't ready to take on this job and its showing.

I think it was a good move going back to Alex Smith. Troy had his nice two game run but the real Troy Smith, the one I warned everyone about, has now come out. The Niners need to win out to have a shot at the playoffs and I'd much rather go with the more veteran qb who has had a few weeks to sit back and reflect rather then the current starter who has played like complete shit in three straight games.

51.6, 47.8, 40.0 are his completion percentages the last three games. He has also thrown just 2 tds and 3 picks his last three games and hasn't surpassed 200 yards passing in any of those games. You say he avoids the rush better then Alex but the 16 times he has been sacked the last 4 games begs to differ. Troy can avoid the rush but he isn't a smart qb and he holds onto the ball way too long trying to make plays that aren't there.

Neither of these guys have played well this season and neither are the qb of the future for this team so you have to go with the guy that gives you the best chance to win games down the stretch. With the way Troy Smith is playing right now, that guy is Alex Smith.

I think it was a good move going back to Alex Smith. Troy had his nice two game run but the real Troy Smith, the one I warned everyone about, has now come out. The Niners need to win out to have a shot at the playoffs and I'd much rather go with the more veteran qb who has had a few weeks to sit back and reflect rather then the current starter who has played like complete shit in three straight games.

51.6, 47.8, 40.0 are his completion percentages the last three games. He has also thrown just 2 tds and 3 picks his last three games and hasn't surpassed 200 yards passing in any of those games. You say he avoids the rush better then Alex but the 16 times he has been sacked the last 4 games begs to differ. Troy can avoid the rush but he isn't a smart qb and he holds onto the ball way too long trying to make plays that aren't there.

Neither of these guys have played well this season and neither are the qb of the future for this team so you have to go with the guy that gives you the best chance to win games down the stretch. With the way Troy Smith is playing right now, that guy is Alex Smith.

Here's where I tell you that Smith's 6 years show that he can't do it. 3 of their 4 wins have come with Troy at QB. Blah blah blah, we can go on about this. You and I have done this before. I'll take a different approach here, though, and blame Singletary. Look at the playcalling that's going on. If you watch these games, its rediculous. He doesn't want to take risks and throw the ball. He's stuck on trying to run it. His offense just doesn't work. I blame him and his OC more than Troy. They just don't know what they are doing.Troy was effective when he was allowed to throw the ball like in the St. Louis game. I see where you are coming from with Alex coming off the bench and time to think, but I still don't see how he is better than he was earlier this season.
-----
And what a joke this has become. It is being reported that Haynesworth is now suspended without pay for the rest of the season. It is said he refuses to talk to the HC, refuses to go in on certain downs or when in the nickle. It was also said that he missed practice because he was ill from a hangover, something he denies. Un-freakin-believable. This has become embarassing. Albert is an ass. Instead of going out and playing for his teamates, who are busting their asses to try and win, he refuses to go out and try. God, this is all on Snyder. His obsession with overpaying for guys is killing me. I'm seriously losing it with this team.

Before I get to last night's game, I have to address this.

Its being reported that Rex Grossman will be starting Sunday for the Redskins against the Cowboys. What the hell is going on? I haven't heard of any McNabb injury. This is unbelievable. Grossman should not be starting, no matter how McNabb is playing. If there is no injury, then this would have to mean McNabb is not coming back next season. Again, I just heard it over the radio, and there was no mention of an injury. This team continues to amaze me.
-----
The 49ers should not be in the playoffs. At all. This team is just bad. From the top down. Bad play calling by the coaches. Bad playing by the players. Just all around bad game. How does Davis have only 1 catch all game, and it comes in the 4th? And it wasn't like he was thrown to 10 times and he didn't make the catches. He was thrown to maybe twice all game. That falls on Singletary and Johnson. Alex Smith didn't have a good game, although he wasn't really terrible either. A 66 qb rating, though, isn't good. The 49ers just didn't look like they belonged out there, didn't belong on the same field as the Chargers. Hopefully the Rams and Seahawks win Sunday so the 49ers can be offically out of it.

Before I get to last night's game, I have to address this.

Its being reported that Rex Grossman will be starting Sunday for the Redskins against the Cowboys. What the hell is going on? I haven't heard of any McNabb injury. This is unbelievable. Grossman should not be starting, no matter how McNabb is playing. If there is no injury, then this would have to mean McNabb is not coming back next season. Again, I just heard it over the radio, and there was no mention of an injury. This team continues to amaze me.

The situation with McNabb in Washington makes no sense. They just gave the guy a contract extension and now he's going to lose playing time to Rex Grossman. Hmmm.

As a lifelong Chicago Bears fan, I know what you're getting with Rex. I watched every single game he played for my Bears and I liked very little of what I saw. The guy has a cannon, but he lacks fundamentals and the right "mentality". Rex let's the defense and crowd get in his head...in the worst way imagineable. His injuries have also lead him to be a scared QB who folds when things get tight. ...BUT...with a solid running game to lean on, and WRs who can get open, Rex can hit the deep stuff and move the ball.

Kyle Shanahan likes something he sees in Rex Grossman. That's unbelievable for a lot of fans, but it's true. He coached him in Houston and I've gotta believe he played a part in bringing the "Sex Cannon" to Washington. There's a part of me that wants to see Rex succeed, but there's that tinge in the back of my mind that also wants to see him fail.

Washington is in a position where they're simply trying anything/everything they can. They're paying Rex, so they might as well see what he can do now that he's had a couple years to mature. Who knows, maybe Rex has outgrown his awful habits and is ready to play football. Stranger things have happened...

Word is some investment groups from L.A are interested in bringing the Vikings down to L.A. the Vikings are in their last year at the Metrodome, and it is well known that Zygi Wilf is looking for a new stadium. It will be intersting to see if this can give the Vikings more leverage in trying to get a stadium built in Minnesota.

If the Vikings are taken from Minnesota, I, along with many other fans in the midwest will begin boycotting. Won't make much of a difference, but I will seriously stop watching the NFL if the Vikings move from Minnesota.

Not only that, but I will begin the

"Assassinate Tim Pawlenty" chants. Because that governor really fucked over the Vikings.

That would suck if your city eam that you love get moved somewere esle...but anyways the Eagles are just too good...Super Bowl Champions.

Well, the Broncos season is in the shitter, but Tim Tebow got his first start today and actually looked pretty good. They only gave him 16 pass attempts to work with but he had 8 completions, and a passing td. Would've had another but Lance Ball dropped it...

He also had 78 yards rushing including a 40 yard TD run, so not a bad game for the rookie out of Florida. He certainly exeeded my expecations, I just hope he becomes a better pocket passer, and that he starts winning games for my Broncos.

What a comeback from the Eagles on Sunday. I can't stand them but they deserve the credit and you just knew something big was gonna happen if Desean was able to get his hands on the ball. As for the Giants that was a heartbreaking defeat and I wouldn't be surprised if we see a new punter come in for them as Matt Dodge has been rather inconsistent this season (bet they are missing Jeff Feagles right now). Tebow didn't look bad yesterday as he did better than I expected, Patriots played some pretty average football against the Rodgerless Packers, but managed to pull out a win, and the Atlanta Falcons are still the best team in football in my mind.

Now onto tonight's game. Despite the Vikings dreadful season I still expect this to be a fun game to watch. Snow is expected and I'm pretty sure it has been snowing in the Minnesota area most of the day. It'll be an old school football game, that's for sure. Webb likely to make his first start for my Vikes and I'm looking forward to seeing what he has though Favre has been upgraded to questionable so maybe the old timer goes out for one last frolic in the snow. I don't expect my Vikes to win, but I don't think the Bears are gonna kill us. I think it'll be close with the Bears edging us out 20-14.

What a comeback from the Eagles on Sunday. I can't stand them but they deserve the credit and you just knew something big was gonna happen if Desean was able to get his hands on the ball. As for the Giants that was a heartbreaking defeat and I wouldn't be surprised if we see a new punter come in for them as Matt Dodge has been rather inconsistent this season (bet they are missing Jeff Feagles right now). Tebow didn't look bad yesterday as he did better than I expected, Patriots played some pretty average football against the Rodgerless Packers, but managed to pull out a win, and the Atlanta Falcons are still the best team in football in my mind.

Now onto tonight's game. Despite the Vikings dreadful season I still expect this to be a fun game to watch. Snow is expected and I'm pretty sure it has been snowing in the Minnesota area most of the day. It'll be an old school football game, that's for sure. Webb likely to make his first start for my Vikes and I'm looking forward to seeing what he has though Favre has been upgraded to questionable so maybe the old timer goes out for one last frolic in the snow. I don't expect my Vikes to win, but I don't think the Bears are gonna kill us. I think it'll be close with the Bears edging us out 20-14.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, as much as it pains me to do so, if Vick hadn't have gotten hurt this year, he'd be the MVP. Of course Brady will deservedly get it, but Vick's made a strong case for himself.

As for tonight's game, yes, it should be a fun "old school" type game to watch. I wouldn't expect Favre to play, but crazier things have happened.

Also, I really, really try to avoid saying things like this, because I would NEVER want to come off as a typical homer, but the desparity between penalties being called against the STEELERS and the ones being missed against our opponents is getting out of control. I understand we're making things tough on ourselves with hard hits, some I'll admit are against the rules, but that DOES NOT excuse penalties being missed on the other side of the ball. It's really affecting the competitive nature of the games in a negative way. Disagree all you want, but the proof is in the game tapes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back