NFL Thread - 2010-11

Snow is falling... So yes.. They'll be playing in the snow.

Favre won't be playing I bet, because he probably does not want to get hurt most likely... Especially seeing as he could slip and hurt that bum ankle he has...

Joe Webb, for the love of god...Do better then T-Jack... Would finally be something to cheer for. :(

I hope we don't get another damned band-aid quarterback.

We need a franchise quarterback. It's so ridiculous. What do Randall Cunningham, Jeff George, Brad Johnson and Brett Favre have in common? They are 4 or 5 of the vikings last starters, with Culpepper being the exception, that were over 35 when they started.

Ridiculous? YES!!!

I hope we don't get another damned band-aid quarterback.

We need a franchise quarterback. It's so ridiculous. What do Randall Cunningham, Jeff George, Brad Johnson and Brett Favre have in common? They are 4 or 5 of the vikings last starters, with Culpepper being the exception, that were over 35 when they started.

Ridiculous? YES!!!

Is the Vikings really gonna move to Los Angeles? That be like some Baltimore Colts moving to Indy and some Cleveland Browns moving to Baltimore.

I'm 60% sure the Vikings are leaving Minnesota.

Where to, I don't know.

Mark Dayton, the governor elect said the Vikings should look into other opportunities in other cities and states as well as come up with a detailed plan of a new stadium if they would like to stay.

I don't see a deal getting done with the Republicans getting control of both houses. I do not want the Vikings to go, but it seems that may be the path we are all looking at.

The NFL. Without a Minnesota team for the first time in decades.

I'm 60% sure the Vikings are leaving Minnesota.

Where to, I don't know.

Mark Dayton, the governor elect said the Vikings should look into other opportunities in other cities and states as well as come up with a detailed plan of a new stadium if they would like to stay.

I don't see a deal getting done with the Republicans getting control of both houses. I do not want the Vikings to go, but it seems that may be the path we are all looking at.

The NFL. Without a Minnesota team for the first time in decades.

If the Vikings move it'll be to LA. Hell if any team moves it is likely to be LA. This would then probably lead to a realigning of the divisions that puts the Vikings in one of the West division and either St. Louis or Kansas City moving to the North (at least I'd assume that to be the case).

However I don't see the Vikings leaving. Zygi Wilf doesn't want to move the team and I'd reckon he'd sell them before moving them. Zygi wants a new stadium and if he can get the funding along with whatever he provides it will get done. The Twins got a new stadium and the Gophers did as well. The Vikings time will come. I'd say come 2012 there will be works of a new stadium in Minnesota.

If the Vikings move it'll be to LA. Hell if any team moves it is likely to be LA. This would then probably lead to a realigning of the divisions that puts the Vikings in one of the West division and either St. Louis or Kansas City moving to the North (at least I'd assume that to be the case).

However I don't see the Vikings leaving. Zygi Wilf doesn't want to move the team and I'd reckon he'd sell them before moving them. Zygi wants a new stadium and if he can get the funding along with whatever he provides it will get done. The Twins got a new stadium and the Gophers did as well. The Vikings time will come. I'd say come 2012 there will be works of a new stadium in Minnesota.

Question is do LA want the Vikings.....I thought Jacksonville Jags was gonna move to LA....they more likely since fans do not care about the team and barely anybody go to the games even when they a good team.....sure LA will rep the Jags whether good or bad. They did with the Rams and Raiders....reason people stopped going to Raiders was cause of the gangs.

Question is do LA want the Vikings.....I thought Jacksonville Jags was gonna move to LA....they more likely since fans do not care about the team and barely anybody go to the games even when they a good team.....sure LA will rep the Jags whether good or bad. They did with the Rams and Raiders....reason people stopped going to Raiders was cause of the gangs.

Of course LA would want the Vikings. LA would take any team the NFL gave to them. If the Vikes would move to Los Angeles, LA would be getting a team with a decent defense, the best running back in football, and a franchise QB away from being a legit contender. Imagine if the Vikes even went out and hired Stanford's Jim Harbaugh and managed to work a deal to land Andrew Luck if he were to declare for the draft. I know that is highly unlikely for those two things to happen, but stranger things have in the NFL. Even without those two LA would easily embrace the Minnesota Vikings. I'd even say that would be their top choice as to which team they'd want to get. If Wilf remained the owner after the move, he is a guy that will spend money to make the team better and do what he can to put a winning product out on the football field.

Of course LA would want the Vikings. LA would take any team the NFL gave to them. If the Vikes would move to Los Angeles, LA would be getting a team with a decent defense, the best running back in football, and a franchise QB away from being a legit contender. Imagine if the Vikes even went out and hired Stanford's Jim Harbaugh and managed to work a deal to land Andrew Luck if he were to declare for the draft. I know that is highly unlikely for those two things to happen, but stranger things have in the NFL. Even without those two LA would easily embrace the Minnesota Vikings. I'd even say that would be their top choice as to which team they'd want to get. If Wilf remained the owner after the move, he is a guy that will spend money to make the team better and do what he can to put a winning product out on the football field.

Any chance the Chargers move to LA? I heard they one of the teams that might go and the 49ers.

I hear its going to be hard as hell to get a new stadium built in Minnesota. And if it can't get done, then expect the Vikings to be the team to move to LA. There is no chance the 49ers will be that team. They are trying to finalize a deal to have a stadium built here in San Jose (well, Santa Clara really, but it might as well be San Jose). The Chargers may, but its not likely. The two teams that have the highest chance of moving are the Jags and Vikings. From things that are being said, it doesn't look like a stadium is going to get approved there. Its really a wait and see. I would bet, though, that if it doesn't happen, it will in LA.

So if Vikes did move what year they start? 2012 season?

It would really depend on the whole situation and the moving process. It isn't something that is set in stone that LA is gonna have a team by a certain year. The Vikings least on the Metrodome ends either next season or the season after that. If a new lease isn't in place or an agreement on a new stadium it is likely you'll see the Vikes look towards LA for the potential funding for a stadium and they will call it a day and move out west.

As for the Chargers I doubt they move out to LA as they have a pretty good fanbase out in SD and I just can't see them moving considering how successful (regular season wise) they've been for a handful of years. And the Niners like People's Champ said are working on funding for a stadium out in Santa Clara and I'm pretty sure that'll get done sooner rather than later.

In a sign that he has no idea what he's doing, Mike Singletary has decided to start Troy Smith against the Rams. However, he has stated that he might use both during the game. And it wouldn't be the 49ers without this-Mike Johnson, offensive coordinator, had no idea that Troy was going to be starting. I don't know if it makes a difference, because I don't think the 49ers can win at St. Louis, but whatever. I don't like when HCs starting going back and forth between QBs, as it leaves no chance of contnuity, but that's the decision.

Troy Smith in my opinion is a better QB then Alex....also why 49ers cannot just stay in San Fran?....build new stadium in that city?

Troy Smith in my opinion is a better QB then Alex

He is a better opttion than Alex, but to keep switching QBs, especially when they are fighting to keep their playoff hopes alive, usually isn't a good idea.

Dean Winchester said:
also why 49ers cannot just stay in San Fran?....build new stadium in that city?

Money. Who is going to pay for the new stadium? The 49ers want the city to get in on it, but they don't want to. So they went to Santa Clara, and they passed a bill to help the 49ers pay for a new stadium. Believe me, the 49ers want a new stadium in San Francisco, but its not happening. Its more complicated than just saying "we want a new stadium here so let's build one". This process has been going on for years.

Damn, I was kinda hoping the Broncos would lose yesterday, I want the highest pick we can possibly get. If we don't draft multiple defensive players I might just kill myself, Marcell Dareus, Patrick Peterson, Robert Quinnn, DaQuan Bowers, all those guys are possibiltys for our first pick.

Anyways, Tebow looked strong again (16/29 308 yds, 1 passing td and 1 rushing 1 int.), even if it was against a piss poor defense. It'll be interesting to see what he can do against the Chargers...

Real sad Mike Singletary got fired from San Fran cause of a bunch of punk players like Troy Smith. I know the man made some dumb decisions but he was trying turn the team around. These players need military style coaches. Put discipline back into these guys. Back in the old skool NFL no way a player yell back at a coach and not get in trouble. They need boot camp style for training camp in summer and military style drills for pratice. These guys making millions of dollars they can handle it.

Does anyone else think its complete bullshit that Seattle made the playoffs with a 7-9 record while the Giants and Bucs were both 10-6 and missed the playoffs. I think its ludicrous. The playoffs are supposed to be the best of the best playing it out at the end of the year for the championship. So why is a team with a losing record in while two teams with double digit wins aren't. I don't care if they have to re-aling the divisions or change the rules on how playoff seeds are determined or add spots or whatever but two 10 win teams shouldn't have to suffer because Seattle plays in the worst division in NFL history.

Unfortunately as much as I'd like to root against Seattle theyre playing my division rival Saints and if by some miracle they win they get my other rival Atlanta. So I'm stuck rooting for them at least until the NFC championship game. :(

Does anyone else think its complete bullshit that Seattle made the playoffs with a 7-9 record while the Giants and Bucs were both 10-6 and missed the playoffs.

It's not bullshit, they won their division, therefore they earned their shot, the Giants had two chances to wrap up a playoff spot before week 17 and completly fell apart, the blew it, the Bucs had a great season, but they didn't do enough to secure a playoff spot, Tampa Bay was just a victim of a tough division, that said I wouldn't be surprised if they made it next season, they took a huge step in the right direction this year going for a 3-13 team to a 10-6 team is nothing short of fucking amazing

I think its ludicrous. The playoffs are supposed to be the best of the best playing it out at the end of the year for the championship.

It's not ludicrous, Seattle was the best of the best in the NFC west, and as a result they earned a chance to play it out for a SB should they keep winning

So why is a team with a losing record in while two teams with double digit wins aren't.

BECAUSE SEATTLE WON THEIR FUCKING DIVISION, AND TB & NYG DIDN'T, it's really fucking that simple

I don't care if they have to re-aling the divisions or change the rules on how playoff seeds are determined or add spots or whatever but two 10 win teams shouldn't have to suffer because Seattle plays in the worst division in NFL history.

So you want the NFL to change how the rules have been set up for since the beginning of the 6 team playoff format because of some fluke, that so far has only happened once in the entire history of the NFL playoffs, yeah that doesn't sound idiotic at all, if this keeps happening then look into making some sort of change but right now leave it, it's just a fluke thing, not like it's a reoccurring issues that keeps coming up every fucking year

It's not bullshit, they won their division, therefore they earned their shot, the Giants had two chances to wrap up a playoff spot before week 17 and completly fell apart, the blew it, the Bucs had a great season, but they didn't do enough to secure a playoff spot, Tampa Bay was just a victim of a tough division, that said I wouldn't be surprised if they made it next season, they took a huge step in the right direction this year going for a 3-13 team to a 10-6 team is nothing short of fucking amazing

That's my point Seattle won a really fucking weak division. Tampa Bay played in a really strong division and if they played in the NFC West instead of Seattle they would have three more wins on their record. That would make them 13-3 and the number two seed. Maybe they need to look into changing up the teams in the divisions because the NFC West is a joke, has been for a few years and doesn't look like its getting any better.

It's not ludicrous, Seattle was the best of the best in the NFC west, and as a result they earned a chance to play it out for a SB should they keep winning

That's not saying anything really at all.

BECAUSE SEATTLE WON THEIR FUCKING DIVISION, AND TB & NYG DIDN'T, it's really fucking that simple

Because they play in real divisions wit real good teams. Except the Panthers lol.

So you want the NFL to change how the rules have been set up for since the beginning of the 6 team playoff format because of some fluke, that so far has only happened once in the entire history of the NFL playoffs, yeah that doesn't sound idiotic at all, if this keeps happening then look into making some sort of change but right now leave it, it's just a fluke thing, not like it's a reoccurring issues that keeps coming up every fucking year

If it happens again next year they need to re-align the divisions is all im saying. I think I have a reason to be mad as a Bucs fan.

The NFL shouldn't touch their divisions or change their playoff system. It is perfect the way it is. A division had a down year and people jump to throw a hissy. This happens a good amount of time that a team with a better record than a division winner hasn't made the playoffs. Even if you realign divisions there is still the possibility of this occurring. What would need to be done then is rid the league of divisions and have just two conferences and that would just be stupid. Keep if the way it is. Only reason to touch divisions would be if a team relocates. And until that happens then we shouldn't worry about it.

The NFL shouldn't touch their divisions or change their playoff system. It is perfect the way it is. A division had a down year and people jump to throw a hissy. This happens a good amount of time that a team with a better record than a division winner hasn't made the playoffs. Even if you realign divisions there is still the possibility of this occurring. What would need to be done then is rid the league of divisions and have just two conferences and that would just be stupid. Keep if the way it is. Only reason to touch divisions would be if a team relocates. And until that happens then we shouldn't worry about it.

What if they kept the divisions the way they are but the six teams with the best record no matter what division they are in get in. The divisions still serve a purpose because you have a set schedule of teams you play against. Tiebreakers are still determined the same way. Rivalries are kept in tact and on the off chance it happens again. A much better team in New York or Tampa who by the way both beat Seattle head to head would get in over the much lesser team. Seattle is gonna get embarrased tomorrow and its bad for the league.

What if they kept the divisions the way they are but the six teams with the best record no matter what division they are in get in. The divisions still serve a purpose because you have a set schedule of teams you play against. Tiebreakers are still determined the same way. Rivalries are kept in tact and on the off chance it happens again. A much better team in New York or Tampa who by the way both beat Seattle head to head would get in over the much lesser team. Seattle is gonna get embarrased tomorrow and its bad for the league.
Yeah, about that...
Who would've thought that Seattle would put up 41 points and beat New Orleans? Hasselbeck went off for 4 TD's, and Marshawn Lynch put together probably the run of the year. That may have been the biggest upset in playoff history. The NFL may have changed the playoff system before, but after what we saw today, I don't see that happening. I'm still shocked. What a great game.

Yeah, about that...
Who would've thought that Seattle would put up 41 points and beat New Orleans? Hasselbeck went off for 4 TD's, and Marshawn Lynch put together probably the run of the year. That may have been the biggest upset in playoff history. The NFL may have changed the playoff system before, but after what we saw today, I don't see that happening. I'm still shocked. What a great game.

I agree that was an awesome game. Seattle proved me wrong they belong. Tampa improved alot this year im excited for next year. I'll be rooting for Seattle the rest of the playoffs.

Wow I haven't been on this site for months. I've been so damn busy studying for finals haven't really had time for the forums but anyway im back for now. Now onto football I was really impressed with Joe Flacco he played great against The Chiefs. I haven't really seen alot of Raven games this year and I was shocked Flacco was that good. The Ravens completely dominated The Chiefs defensively only giving up one big run by Charles. Now onto Green Bay and Philly. Im really disappointed that the birds lost Im a huge Eagle fan and I was shocked at how Akers missed two field goals the first one was understandable but the second one I was shocked. Very interesting offseason upcoming for the Birds. We should sign Vick to a long term extension and trade Kolb for a first round pick. Defensively we need help in the secondary pacifically at corner besides Samuel I would try to sign Asomogha if we can or maybe trade up in the draft for LSU's Patrick Peterson. Through all very disappointing end to the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back