**MERGED** (OFFICIAL) TNA General Complaint Thread

Asides from the Angle-Anderson match and the RVD-Storm match, last nights show was pretty bad. Too much BTLS on the show (any BTLS on the show is bad).

The Wolfpac doing the same thing they were doing 10 years ago by disrupting the 3D-MCMG match and proclaiming how Hogan now has a problem with them because of what Bubba told them was booring and unoriginal.

Doug Williams cutting a promo then pretty much burying Generation ME was weak as well. Then TNA seemed to rush the Pope-Wolfe rematch just to get to the Knockouts was just frustrating.

Why is there all this interaction between Pope and Wolf anyway? The Pope is facing AJ at Lockdown not Wolfe. Maybe I could see it if Wolfe was clearly associated with AJ, but TNA hasn't done that. TNA has implied that they are together with Chelsea wheeling Ric Flair around, but it has never been clearly established.

I think it really all comes down to booking. TNA seems to try to jam so much stuff into one program that the whole show seems to suffer. It seems that sometimes the wrestling is just filler between backstage skits and interviews instead of being the other way around.

Btw the reason why the rating suck is because the majority of the casual fans have been conditioned to liking only one wrestling program since the fall of WCW. Oh and another reason is because Vince Mcmahon like to buy out rival wrestling territories and rob those certain families from having food on their plate and a roof over their head. He stole everybodys major stars in the 80s so the rival companies had not other choice but to pack their bags. If vince didnt pull that crap wed have so many other wrestling shows. And dont say it wouldnt be as well known, cause they were selling out 50000 seats on a regular basis then

honestly...everyone needs to stop hating on TNA. Ya it needs alot of work. Personally, if Dixie, Bischoff, Hogan, and crew can't get their act together then let it die a peaceful death. I am not a WWE fan and I am not a TNA fan. I am a wrestling fan! And right now you are not seeing quality wrestling entertainment on TNA...it's that simple.

why tna is in the garbage??? shouldn't this thread be titled why WWE is in the garbage now that Shawn and Bret have retired?? the same people trashing TNA trash Britney Spears when she's at her lowest..they pick on the 300 pound fat kid with zits..they pick on JR for his cerebal palsy...they start watching a show and find everything wrong with it because they love another show or like it better..i just can't get over the people trashing TNA, get a life, your beloved WWE will survive and TNA will never be the WWE. It may be better, but it will never put 20 time world champs John Cena or Triple H out of business. You will always have your bland pg programming guys, you elitist dispsticks will always have your likes and dislikes dictated to you by WWE programming while they rewrite history and make you believe wrestling was the way they say it is.

Another sensible post, nice logic leaps here as well. This has nothing to do with WWE or being a WWE fan, TNA on its own terms is a bad product. The book for ratings hell they even mention that is segment is for ratings and that is segment is for ratings yet ultimately they dont drawings. That is a failing company.

You need to learn that rational criticism isnt trashing.

Btw the reason why the rating suck is because the majority of the casual fans have been conditioned to liking only one wrestling program since the fall of WCW.

Direct me to another entertainment genre that shares that logic.

He stole everybodys major stars in the 80s so the rival companies had not other choice but to pack their bags.

I also object the word stole here. Do you live in the real world? Vince merely out promoted everyone.

I think it really all comes down to booking. TNA seems to try to jam so much stuff into one program that the whole show seems to suffer. It seems that sometimes the wrestling is just filler between backstage skits and interviews instead of being the other way around.

Wrestling fans cant make up their minds... One week its "Oh there showcasing Hogan and Bischoff too much, and then then the next week its theyre doing too much?

I saw it as a fair deal last night cause everybody had their own spotlight. Generation Me are newbies in the company they got to earn their stripes. I mean at least theyre pushing Doug Williams. Somebody has to job for their to be a push, and someday someone is gonna job to them. Its all one big circle.

Outpromoted? No bought out... And the reason he was able to do this is cause he inherited the biggest wrestling market in the United States from his dad who told him not to do the shit Vince Jr did because he had a geuine respect and love for the business. Kinda figures that Junior pulled this shit after Vince died.

Vince Sr = Respect and love for the business
Vince Jr = Respect and love for the money

Btw the reason why the rating suck is because the majority of the casual fans have been conditioned to liking only one wrestling program since the fall of WCW. Oh and another reason is because Vince Mcmahon like to buy out rival wrestling territories and rob those certain families from having food on their plate and a roof over their head. He stole everybodys major stars in the 80s so the rival companies had not other choice but to pack their bags. If vince didnt pull that crap wed have so many other wrestling shows. And dont say it wouldnt be as well known, cause they were selling out 50000 seats on a regular basis then

Because Vince put a gun to everyone's head and told them to work for the WWF, and he blackmailed people into buying their product.

This post is the epitome of anti-Vince sensationalism. He didn't force people into homelessness. What's the matter with you?

No, Vince is a businessman, and presented incentives to come to his promotion, and it created wild popularity for the wrestling business in general. Stop acting like the expansion of the WWF was a bad thing. He sacrificed a lot of his and his father's money to buy out other promotions. When you have a company, and someone buys it out, you're pretty much set for life. You know that, right? He didn't rob anyone of their food or their homes, and I'm kind of inclined to side-step the rules a bit and call you an insulting name describing your lack of intelligence.

They're not different, man. Wölfpac came back just like Hart did – after years of absence and didn't wrestle until nearly a month afterward.

Different circumstances though, on one hand you have Bret Hart, one of the best of all time in the ring, one the most loved, coming back after the Montreal Screwjob, yes I admit they are similar in the fact that all the people involved are over the hill and had long absences but Hart left WWE on the worst terms, The Wolfpac left wrestling because noone wanted them anymore.

The point isn't to draw a perfect correlation between Hart's return and the Wölfpac's anyway, it's to draw a distinction between how they were booked when they returned. Bret is a washed up has-been just like the Wölfpac are – only difference being Bret was used in a complimentary role, whereas the Wölfpac are still being used as main event caliber performers, of which they are not.

The original idea of this Thread was the real reason TNA is garbage, the main poster said it was Dixie, but the whole Wolfpac idea is the perfect point to show that no its not Dixie.. Its the booking, its random crap that doesn't make sense and bringing in people who should of quit a long time ago. Whether that be Russo, Hogan, Bischoff whoever, its booking.
Yes you're right, Harts a washed up has been... But people actually wanted to see him return.

Why are you commenting on a topic about what is wrong with TNA anyway if you don't even watch the show? I'm a little confused...

I wasn't going to but when you brought up Bret Hart I figured I may as well defend WWE a bit.

Outpromoted? No bought out... And the reason he was able to do this is cause he inherited the biggest wrestling market in the United States from his dad who told him not to do the shit Vince Jr did because he had a geuine respect and love for the business. Kinda figures that Junior pulled this shit after Vince died.

Vince Sr = Respect and love for the business
Vince Jr = Respect and love for the money

Sorry but this logic has nothing to do with how the real world operates nor is it factual. Anyway it has little to with the topic at hand.

machoman4life, your wasting your time arguing with these assholes over this crap, they don't know jack shit about what goes into making a good wrestling show, all they do is sit behind their computers and run their DAMN MOUTHS!!!!! and nothing more.

You are quickly becoming my favourite poster troll or not :lmao: Personally Id love you or him to put up an argument here.

Because Vince put a gun to everyone's head and told them to work for the WWF, and he blackmailed people into buying their product.

This post is the epitome of anti-Vince sensationalism. He didn't force people into homelessness. What's the matter with you?

No, Vince is a businessman, and presented incentives to come to his promotion, and it created wild popularity for the wrestling business in general. Stop acting like the expansion of the WWF was a bad thing. He sacrificed a lot of his and his father's money to buy out other promotions. When you have a company, and someone buys it out, you're pretty much set for life. You know that, right? He didn't rob anyone of their food or their homes, and I'm kind of inclined to side-step the rules a bit and call you an insulting name describing your lack of intelligence.

" sets up the mirror for you to take one good hard look in "

Im either on a roll of touching nerves or certain wrestling fans are PMSing this morning.... LOL either way its giving me one hell of a laugh so thank you there lil buddy!

Btw he might of been set for life but countless other wrestlers were left explaining to their families why they dont have any money coming in.

Sorry but this logic has nothing to do with how the real world operates nor is it factual. Anyway it has little to with the topic at hand.

Might not have been factual but there was at least 10 to 15 wrestlers that have said that. Also vince senior didnt buy out other wrestling talent and hold them to a exclusive contract. He had every opprotunity to do what junior did but he didnt because he respected the business.

Btw he might of been set for life but countless other wrestlers were left explaining to their families why they dont have any money coming in.

Whenever you want to step into the real world I'll more than happy to welcome you here.

How long do you think the territorial system was going to last with advent of cable tv?

Is it Vince McMahon's fault that:
Crockett couldnt keep a set of accounts?
The Von Erich got fucked up on drugs?
Bill Watts was located in the middle of an area worst hit by an oil crisis?
Most of the other promotions didn’t see the potential in developing alternative revenue streams such as merchandising and licensing?

Asides from the Angle-Anderson match and the RVD-Storm match, last nights show was pretty bad. Too much BTLS on the show (any BTLS on the show is bad).

The Wolfpac doing the same thing they were doing 10 years ago by disrupting the 3D-MCMG match and proclaiming how Hogan now has a problem with them because of what Bubba told them was booring and unoriginal.

Doug Williams cutting a promo then pretty much burying Generation ME was weak as well. Then TNA seemed to rush the Pope-Wolfe rematch just to get to the Knockouts was just frustrating.

Why is there all this interaction between Pope and Wolf anyway? The Pope is facing AJ at Lockdown not Wolfe. Maybe I could see it if Wolfe was clearly associated with AJ, but TNA hasn't done that. TNA has implied that they are together with Chelsea wheeling Ric Flair around, but it has never been clearly established.

So BTLS getting 3 minutes of air time is the reason why a 2 hour show is bad?

I think you forgot how good the Generation Me and Doug Williams segment was? It is about wrestling and from what I was watching it was pretty good wrestling.

I guess if you had payed attention since Jan. 4, you would have realized that Pope/Wolfe have been going at it. I know it is hard to understand that feuds actually do and can carry over for more then 2 PPV's, but I guess we just have to find reasons to complain since we all know how to write a perfect wrestling show.

Raise your hands and get me a count of how many people turn away from WWE television when their booking is garbage from April to November? WWE is a company that publicly tells you it is not a wrestling company and is targeting young teenagers, but adults eat right out of Vinces hand. As wrestling fans, which most of you consider yourselves, why are you not tuning into TNA programing? I mean right now their show is no worse then when WWE was putting on a really bad product, but you will continue to tune in week after week to WWE. Instead of putting all your time into destroying a company because Hogan, Bishoff, Flair, BTLS, and The Band get a combined 7 minutes of air time on a 2 hour show, you showed watch and support a product so wrestling can get better as a whole.

I could quote you but im gonna answer you like this.

Crockett couldnt keep a set of accounts? 1 point there

The Von Erich got fucked up on drugs? 2 points but kerry became one of the many many wrestlers that died within months of his wwe release. Btw look up the Billy Jack Haynes conspiracy theory. Hes got a few lil tidbits that you would be interested in, like how vince was giving his wrestlers lines of coke before wrestlemania 3. He told vince to take a lie detector test, and of course vince has yet to do so, only liars would do that.

Bill Watts was located in the middle of an area worst hit by an oil crisis? 3 points, youre doing good bro.

Most of the other promotions didn’t see the potential in developing alternative revenue streams such as merchandising and licensing? You cant really pull this off if your best wrestlers are getting stolen. And btw how do you know that they werent making money? Most of them went down cause they werent ( as of yet ) making the money the WWF was at the time. Whos to say that if Vince didnt raid the companies that they wouldnt have been successful? I know the AWA definately would have.

Vince inherited the right market.... No market could compete with New York City back then.

How long do you think the territorial system was going to last with advent of cable tv? Who knows really... Could of been a huge sucess or a huge F up.... But well never know unfortunately. But Ill say this they were ran on local tv stations back then, and we still have local tv stations now. Those companies couldve worked out deals with cable tv stations... After all AWA was being shown by ESPN of all channels

So BTLS getting 3 minutes of air time is the reason why a 2 hour show is bad?

I think you forgot how good the Generation Me and Doug Williams segment was? It is about wrestling and from what I was watching it was pretty good wrestling.

I guess if you had payed attention since Jan. 4, you would have realized that Pope/Wolfe have been going at it. I know it is hard to understand that feuds actually do and can carry over for more then 2 PPV's, but I guess we just have to find reasons to complain since we all know how to write a perfect wrestling show.

Raise your hands and get me a count of how many people turn away from WWE television when their booking is garbage from April to November? WWE is a company that publicly tells you it is not a wrestling company and is targeting young teenagers, but adults eat right out of Vinces hand. As wrestling fans, which most of you consider yourselves, why are you not tuning into TNA programing? I mean right now their show is no worse then when WWE was putting on a really bad product, but you will continue to tune in week after week to WWE. Instead of putting all your time into destroying a company because Hogan, Bishoff, Flair, BTLS, and The Band get a combined 7 minutes of air time on a 2 hour show, you showed watch and support a product so wrestling can get better as a whole.

good stuff MB

this time last year it was all complaints about WWE. to much hornswoggle, cena forced down our throats, lame guest host, no wrestling.

TNA is no worse than that stuff. Right now WWE has Wrestlemania aftermath and has been putting on some decent shows. And they also have been keeping the guest host to limited air time which i like.

Seems like TNA gets bashed just to get bashed. Almost like hating Cena is the fun internet thing to do.

Last night TNA had a good x division gauntlet match. a wonderful ladder match. RVD/Storm was the first match and was better than dbiase v.s christian.

I dont think Dixie is the sole problem. Its everyone involved. Hogan/Russo/Carter/Bischoff/Jarrett/ and others on the creative side. They all get a say so its all their faults. This is a team thing. Theirs not 1 person making all the decisions backstage. Im sure their all agreed upon. I Like TNA...sure some things bother me but its the same with WWE.

JUST GIVE ME WRESTLING SHOWS AND I WILL WATCH. I have been since 89

The move to Mondays definitely does more bad than good in my opinion. The shows have been pretty bad lately, but I did think last nights episode was a little better. It's hard to say who is to blame for the shitty product lately. I'm thinking Hogan because he has said that he has full control of the product and makes final decisions.

WWE makes a lot of bad booking decisions too in my opinion like having Swagger loose last night was not a way to build a new world champ.

TNA needs to stop trying to be like WWE and be original again. The knockouts are becoming WWE diva rip offs. The x division has become very weak lately. When are they going to realize Abyss is not getting over as the next major face. The Orlando Jordan thing is just ******ed and not getting over very well.

Maybe TNA is failing because wrestling fans are tired of seeing the same old thing over and over. Now it looks like we're going to see Hulk and Bischoff fighting for power over TNA. How many times has that been done?

WWE has been getting stale lately. It's the right time for TNA to get their shit together.

I could quote you but im gonna answer you like this.

Crockett couldnt keep a set of accounts? 1 point there

The Von Erich got fucked up on drugs? 2 points but kerry became one of the many many wrestlers that died within months of his wwe release. Btw look up the Billy Jack Haynes conspiracy theory. Hes got a few lil tidbits that you would be interested in, like how vince was giving his wrestlers lines of coke before wrestlemania 3. He told vince to take a lie detector test, and of course vince has yet to do so, only liars would do that.

Bill Watts was located in the middle of an area worst hit by an oil crisis? 3 points, youre doing good bro.

In short Vince McMahon out promoted them.

You cant really pull this off if your best wrestlers are getting stolen.

You are still on your stolen kick I see. Please make the case that they were stolen rather acquired:
Few if any had contracts
Vince didnt hold a gun to their head did he? He merely out bid other companies

Vince inherited the right market.... No market could compete with New York City back then.

AWA could have but Verne lacked the ambition Vince had. Again Verne was out promoted.

Yes Vince had a locational advantage but he had vision and the business sense that others had lacked.

I started watching TNA right before the Main Event Mafia got started, so I can't speak too much on what was going on back in the day. Still, I told my friends to "Cross the Line" because TNA was using their legends(Steiner, Booker, Nash) in a good, sparingly way, was real creative with their matches, and put their young talent in a position to shine. But since Jan. 4, I can't say that anymore. Seems like if you didn't come over with Hogan & Eric, you've been pushed to the back while all the new signees that didn't make TNA what it was (RVD, Hardy, Jordan, Band) control the 2nd hour of the show.

I used to love the knockouts! ODB was like Austin/Batista to me! Tara was an authentic female wrestler! I felt sorry for anyone that got in the ring with Kong! Angelina Love was a perfect heel with good support with the Beautiful People. Taylor Wilde, Sarita, Flash, Hamada, & Daffney all brought something different & interesting to the table. Now we're watching matches where people lose their titles because they didn't have the right key? Come on!

LAX vs. Beer Money vs. MCMG vs. Booker/Steiner vs. 3D vs. British Invasion. A lot of talent! What happened to tag team wrestling?

We complain about TNA now because what made us watch is what we don't see anymore. I feel like the best thing TNA has done was make the WWE wake up and start experimenting with different prospects & schemes.

Hello everybody,

Lets discuss why TNA is in the garbage currently. Is it Russo, Dixie, Hogan? The talent?

Last week TNA had the worst rating in TNA history with a .6 rating, so far this week looks to be the same if not worse. The question is who is really to blame for this?

I don't think it's Russo. Russo has been in this business a long time, he still has a great mind for wrestling. While he did screw up in WCW because nobody managed him, in TNA he at least has a couple bosses in Hogan and Carter.

Dixie is the real problem. I think bringing in Hogan was a good idea, but so far it's been more problematic than good. Lets look at some of the things Dixie has approved on in terms of story lines:

- AJ turning heel to be like Ric Flair. AJ has lot a lot of fan appreciation and gained a lot of marks on the Internet. At the same time, it seems AJ has lost a lot of his wresting ability. We rarely see wrestle anymore, and when he does it's just a run in and a quick finisher. No setup anymore for who AJ is. While this turn has helped AJ on the mic, in terms of wrestling he's gotten worse.

- X Division gone down the drain. A few months ago the X Division was starting to rock with Jeff Hardy coming into the mix. Not like the X Division wasn't bad at all as it had some of the best wrestlers around including Mr. Indy Chris Daniels and MCMG. Now all three are leaving the company. Daniels has officially quit TNA and MCMG are basically right behind them. What's next the Young Bucks will quit as well? Dixie has let Hogan have free reign and basically destroy the X Division. It also doesn't help that TNA Wrestlers are complaining about TNA on the air like Alex Shelly did on the TNA Spin Cycle this past week mentioning that there were no pads outside the ring during their Ultimate X match with Generation Me, but every other match had pads.

- Bye Bye Hernandez. Why is Hernandez going to Mexico to learn how to speak and wrestle. The guy is a beast in the ring and he has been for many years. All of a sudden he's canned for a few months. He is no longer on the roster page of TNA, and barley gets any attention. WWE scoops this guy up if they are smart. Still you shouldn't be sending one of your best wrestlers away. That is just being a bonehead.

- Knockouts Division. This is turning out to be just as bad as WWE Divas. Almost no point to watch them. Tonight's match really showed how weak the division is when they don't allow one wrestler to speak in English and than they humiliate her by not showing her wrestle in a match. Instead we see a commercial. Scott D'Amore is no longer with TNA so that can be a big reason why the Knockouts have been suffering. It goes back to Dixie as she approves of these matches before they go on the air.

- Wolfpac. Bubba Ray said it best, these guys are a cancer. I don't know if he meant that as a shoot or not, but it's true. Hogan, Nash, Hall and Waltman are a cancer every where they go. Why did Dixie allow to sign these guys at all, let alone the Nasty Boys a few months ago. We all know the Nasty Boys haven't wrestled a good match in maybe 20 years.

- Releasing of Wrestlers who do not need to be released. Look at Creed. While he wasn't used often enough, he was a vital member of the X Division. If they were trying to rebuild that system, they would not allow him gone. The same goes for Melissa, Kong, and now with maybe Hamada. Your throwing away good wrestlers who can help you.

While I agree with many that Hogan has caused more problems than good in TNA, I'm not blaming him as he came in to help TNA. It's not like he's a secret agent for WWE. The person to blame is Dixie Carter. She doesn't know the first thing about wrestling.

Now this is just my opinion, I speak freely and say removal of Dixie Carter is a must if TNA wants to survive until the end of the year.

I agree with the examples you give of issues with the current product. But you can't blame Dixie.

Blaming Dixie is like the equivalent of blaming Ted Turner for problems with WCW. She's a financial backer, and as many have said she knows nothing about professional wrestling. Remember, Dixie's job is not to be involved in the creative process of TNA. She pays people to handle that end for her. Dixie herself I would suspect is more involved in signing talent, negotiating with Spike executives and advertisers, setting up house shows, etc. In other words, the day to day stuff that keeps the company afloat. As for her bringing in Hogan and Bischoff, there are a few things to consider. For one, how much Bob Carter was involved in that decision. And two, that for a layman like Dixie, bringing in Hogan and Bischoff makes perfect sense on paper. The same goes for Russo. They've all been at the pinnacle of the industry, and most people in Dixie's position would choose to trust them. What they are doing with that trust is another story.

As for those people protesting that ratings are irrelevant, you need a serious reality check. If TNA can't meet the ratings expectations of Spike TV or their financial backers, than the company is toast. As for what's causing TNA's current ratings slump, I doubt any of us are qualified to give a complete explanation. I can, however, point out one or two things that have occurred to me as a fan. For one, it seems to me that TNA's 'powers-that-be' are making decisions based more on their own personal long-term visions of what the company should be, and less on the short-term reality of what the fans want to see. And more problematically, doing so both blatantly and hurriedly.

Lets take a look at what's happened under the new regime that could have effected the ratings negatively. And to do that, we need to take a look at the overall direction the company has taken for the last few months, not just in the past few weeks. People don't just decide to skip a show because the episode this week sucks; they choose to skip a show because the episode LAST week sucked, and the one before that and so on. So lets look at what happened since Jan 4: Before Jan 4, AJ Styles was massively over as a face. So they turned him heel. Rob Terry was getting 'you can't wrestle' chants regularly. So they give him a goldberg push. The ring is changed to a more traditional 4 sider. Hogan does what all of his skeptics thought he would do; signs his friends to lucrative contracts (like that or not, at least acknowledge that many people don't.) The status quo of the company (in terms of plot-lines and character development) is at least partially ignored as several characters are re-tooled off screen. Abyss turns into a Hogan clone. Samoa Joe is barely utilized. Many of the top X division and tag team stars are kept off of television for weeks. The X division was minimized, the old-timers were emphasized. For many mid-carders, face/heel turns happen on a near weekly basis. Plot-lines are rewritten on a weekly basis (for example, I'm pretty sure that MCMG beat Generation Me for the no.1 contenders spot for the tag titles, yet were feuding 3D for them this week). Popular talent like Chris Daniels and Awesome Kong leave the company or are barely seen on tv, while talent with little to no fan-base (at least coming into the company) remain, like Orlando Jordan and Shannon Moore. Finally, TNA decides to go head to head with RAW.

Back to that 4 sided ring, as well as Orlando, the Band, the Nasty'z, and the other crap I just addressed above: I'm sure you have your own opinions on them, as do I. Unfortunately, they are fairly irrelevant. Whether or not you agree with the reasoning, there are a lot of people out there who absolutely despise them. And obviously, a lot of TNA's old audience has left, presumably due to one or a combination of these factors (the numbers have nearly been cut in half). Now personally, I don't care if Russo, Bischoff, Hogan, Jarrett, etc, all have their own agendas or their own visions of what TNA should be. That's fine. The problem is with pushing your own agenda too fast at the expense of your fan-base and what they want/expect from the company.

Let me try to put this in a way that everyone can understand (by using a ridiculous metaphor): Imagine that you own a small company catering to a niche market. For example, you own a small fast food company dealing specifically with health food. Your market share of the industry is negligible compared to a company like Mcdonald's, but you've managed to build a small and loyal base of customers that prefer your brand. But you're sales aren't increasing, and over time you start to suspect that there aren't as many customers out there who actually prefer health food to greasy takeout. You want a cut of the larger market share, so you decide to start offering greasy food as well. However, instead of incorporating the new items into the menu slowly, you just completely overhaul the company overnight. You stop selling salads and start selling burgers. And just to make matters even more complicated, you change your stores location! What do you think would happen? I suspect you would piss off, alienate, and confuse your existing customer base. And unless your greasy food is pretty phenomenal, you're not going to win over many customers from the established larger brand, at least not quickly, because your company still has a reputation for selling health food.

That is essentially what the powers-that-be in TNA have done. They didn't ease the company into a new direction so much as completely force it into that direction overnight. Old fans left, and potential new fans still either don't know what TNA is or think it's something else entirely. And some who tuned out for a week or two probably don't even know where TNA is located anymore, as it's changed time-slots several times recently. It is still possible, however, that the new target audience will come around eventually. But IMO, it was a risky and unnecessary move to change the company so quickly and in the process alienate so many of the existing fans. And we are seeing the results of that decision now.

I agree the Dixie is a huge problem for TNA, its just very obvious that she just doesn't "get" wrestling, its just something she doesn't understand.

For some reason she actually thinks that what she is doing is right when the reality is things aren't going well. She thought by hiring Hogan and Bischoff that it would be enough to turn it around, but it didn't. The fact of the matter is she's giving the ball to 2 guys that are over the hill and have completely lost touch with today's wrestling fan (Tell me, is there anything really different they are doing than what they did with WCW, if there is please tell me because IMO, TNA reeks of WCW stink right now). I think Hogan and Bischoff are sincere and want to make TNA as big as WWE, but they just aren't the right people to do it, they aren't going to strike lightning twice. Personally, it seems like Hogan and Bischoff are more worried about beating McMahon on Mondays than they are about making money (who cares how many people watch on Mondays if the PPV buyrates are in the toilet, from where I sit buyrates and profit are much more important than Monday Night Ratings) which is a huge mistake. TNA is nowhere near WWE right now in terms of competition, so why shoot yourselves in the foot, not to mention TNA's ratings were actually better before Hogan and Bischoff got there (that by itself should tell you that these guys aren't the right 2 people for the job, but then again, neither is Heyman).

TNA has a huge amount of problems (if I listed them all I would be here all week) but the biggest problem is in fact Dixie, she's not the right person to run TNA (I know TNA is owned by Panda Energy, but Dixie is the #1 boss in the company). If TNA is going to make any money you have to get someone in there that actually knows wrestling and how to run a wrestling company (Bischoff isn't the right person because he doesn't have an endless bank account to use and Heyman isn't the right person because he sucks at business, I think someone like Scott D'Amore or Jim Cornette would be the best choice to run the company).

AJ turning heel to be like Ric Flair. AJ has lot a lot of fan appreciation and gained a lot of marks on the Internet. At the same time, it seems AJ has lost a lot of his wresting ability. We rarely see wrestle anymore, and when he does it's just a run in and a quick finisher. No setup anymore for who AJ is. While this turn has helped AJ on the mic, in terms of wrestling he's gotten worse.

Typical internet-wrestling-fan-smark babble. Can we pleeeeaaaase put this to bed; Back flips and front flips do not make someone a good worker and just because AJ is working like heel doesnt suddenly mean he's got worse. You're so smart that you don't even recognize that a wrestlers move set differs drastically depending on whether they're face or heel; how can you boo a guy who does a bunch of crazy, impressive moves?!

Typical internet-wrestling-fan-smark babble. Can we pleeeeaaaase put this to bed; Back flips and front flips do not make someone a good worker and just because AJ is working like heel doesnt suddenly mean he's got worse. You're so smart that you don't even recognize that a wrestlers move set differs drastically depending on whether they're face or heel; how can you boo a guy who does a bunch of crazy, impressive moves?!

Love the way to deride the guys comment as typical internet-wrestling-fan-smark babble and then refer to the term "move set" in dressing him down :lmao:

" sets up the mirror for you to take one good hard look in "

Im either on a roll of touching nerves or certain wrestling fans are PMSing this morning.... LOL either way its giving me one hell of a laugh so thank you there lil buddy!

Nice counter-argument. You really showed me the flaws in my logic.

:lol:

Nobody was "stolen." This isn't a slave-trade, broski. Vince simply out bid other promotions, and the wrestlers made their own choice to head to New York. You can't sit there and blame the WWF for being a group of terrible people when, with YOUR logic, I could sit on internet forums all day and complain about TNA "stealing" Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Booker T., and Ric Flair.

It sounds like the power of the talent (or lack thereof), to me. Vince didn't want the guys, so Vince didn't get them. They could have found jobs elsewhere, like in the WCW (which became bigger than the WWF for a long time, if you remember) or in the independent circuit. Or they could've turned down Vince's offer.

Your lack of specific details (or even facts, for that matter) just tells me that you're making completely baseless and paranoid accusations. Give me some examples, then, of wrestlers who went without food and homes, as you so eloquently put it.

Ok so Vince bought out other stars right? So does that mean betterment for the wrestling business as a whole?

Cause Im thinking of the Yankees, and they basically bought out their whole team. Which means that the yankees are trying year in and year out to BUY a championship. Which kills the lower market teams and their fanbases dwindle and suffer because of it.

Vince bought the stars and the fanbases went down as a result. Must be the New York thing to do.

Ok so Vince bought out other stars right? So does that mean betterment for the wrestling business as a whole?

Cause Im thinking of the Yankees, and they basically bought out their whole team. Which means that the yankees are trying year in and year out to BUY a championship. Which kills the lower market teams and their fanbases dwindle and suffer because of it.

Vince bought the stars and the fanbases went down as a result. Must be the New York thing to do.

Oh, damn, you're right. Your analogy totally applies.

Except for the fact that the Yankees get beat in the World Series/playoffs year in and year out.

Your argument is terrible, you're making the argument that the wrestlers had absolutely zero choice but to move to the WWF, and you're making it with a straight face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back