• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General "Raw Sucks" Complaint Thread

Ok first of all the reason why the younger stars shouldnt be on raw mostly is because they havent paid their dues/havent earned it/dont really deserve it. Guys like HHH, Orton, Batista, Shane, Big show, Shawn Michaels deserve to be on raw because they've paid their dues and are very big names in the WWE which the WWE is lacking these days very much so.
Nobody wants to see Brian Kendrick vs. Kofi Kingston in the main event of raw if that ever were to happen. I mean the problem with Smackdown is its repetitive its the same stuff every week nothing ever happens on smackdown ever thats why i skip it and never watch it. What happens? like Mysterio vs. Jericho or Edge vs. Cm Punk come on that will get old in about a month and honestly none of those guys are big enough names to draw in a ton of peoples interest. ECW i wont even talk about because its just a waste of time. The WWE has lost a TON of big name guys over the years like The Rock, Stone Cold, Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, just to name a few. They are really missing a HUGE gap of "that guy" everyone is coming to see. Orton is probably it but everyone else like nobody really cares about Cena anymore he tried to make it big but fans kept booing him to death and hopefully he'll stay away from the title for a while because Cena is the biggest bore of them all. How many times do fans have to boo cena before Vince finally gets the message "no vince we dont want cena to be the next guy to take WWE to new heights".
Ok well thats what i think, let me know if you people agree/disagree.. ?
:smashfreakB:

i agree with this one....the way i see it,it goes like this...
RAW-Main Stream Superstars
Smackdown-Midcard Superstars
ECW-Breakthrough Superstars...Fresh and New Superstars
WWE Superstars-Make that show for ppl that DOESNT barely appear on WWE Television

PS-About the whole Cena booin' and cheering thing....if cena turned heel i'll BET any amount of money that ratings will shoot through the roof

We have enough of these generalized "bitch about Raw" threads, so try to keep it all in this one if you're not going to single out a specific thing to discuss. That means, do not start a brand new thread just to say "Raw has no new stars and we need new blood" or whatever.

My perspective: yeah, Raw is overall the least entertaining show they have right now. I've been tired of the McMahon/Orton storyline for months now, and I've never been entertained by Batista for the most part. Orton's promos are good when they're not the same thing over and over again, and I'm VERY tired of hearing the phrase "kicked him in the skull". This past episode completely revolved around Legacy and Batista, and although its the top program on that show at the moment, I still think it was overkill and fast forwarded through most of it. However, I do think what they're doing with The Miz is awesome and I'd love to see them continue it, as that's the most entertaining portion of the show for me. Hardy's program is ok I guess...I'll see where it goes. But of course my #1 complaint with Raw is the same as it is with the other shows: way too many commercials, recaps, rewinds, and advertisements. Raw does more of it than the others, and thus, if you have less entertaining wrestlers (for me, personally, as I'd rather watch Morrison for 2 hours than 10 minutes of HHH), then Raw = snore.

ZOMG! I'm on a wrestling forum and I'm complaining about the very fabric of professional wrestling the number one syndicated cable television show and the winner of the Monday Night Wars Monday Night Raw. Get over yourselves. If you think Raw sucks why are you still watching it? So you have more to complain about. Watch your beloved Smackdown or TNA. Here I'll tell you exactly whats gonna happen this month on Smackdown. Edge will lose the title at Judgment Day...then he will win it back in sneaky fashion at Extreme Rules only to lose it back at Night of Champions. Undertaker will use his supernatural powers to steal Umaga's soul. CM Punk will fail on his MITB cash in but don't worry he will win the briefcase back at Wrestlemania this year. Rey Mysterio will get injured...oh wait he already did. Kane will job to everyone below him even though they are all much weaker and smaller. Raw sounds pretty good right now huh? Stop dissing Raw and start watching Smackdown if it bothers you so much. Or this is a wrestling forum hell watch TNA...or ROH yes!!!!

Simply put, Smackdown is KILLING Raw right now. They have the better roster, better matches, and fresher fueds. Raw for the most part is just the same old thing.

The Orton/McMahon thing needs to end quickly. It lost it's luster for me as soon as HHH pinned Orton at 'Mania. They keep doing the same thing. Orton takes out a McMahon,and they say Orton has destroyed the McMahon family. Then next week one of them comes back and fights Orton, who beats them again and it's like "Okay, NOW, Orton has destroyed the entire McMahon fam-OH MY! HERE COMES SHANE!!" God, we better get some sort of swerve out of this because there has been NOTHING exciting about this angle since 'Mania.

The Santina thing, while funny, needs to end as well. As someone else said, it's hasn't progressed AT ALL since it started. Santino/Santina comes out, cuts a funny promo about they're supposed sibling, Beth comes out tries to prove Santina is fake, and then gets owned somehow. Rinse and repeat. Santina was funny for the first couple weeks, but it's been dragged out too long. Santino is funny enough on his own, he doesn't need to keep doing this.

What's with King's annoucing lately? I've noticed that, as usual, he's a face announcer for most of the show, but since Matt Orton-er-Hardy started this whole cast/protest wrestling thing, he's been on Matt's side. He always sticks up for Matt, the heel, everytime he wrestles and gets on Cole's case when he tries to belittle Matt. It's stupid because why have him be a face for everything else, but he's a heel commentator when Matt wrestles? Either make him a full heel or face, preferbly a heel. Heel King is awesome and now Matt's matches are the most entertaining on the show when it comes to commentary.

They need some REAL mid-card storylines/fueds. It can't be ALL about the main-event; if so, what's the point of even having a mid-card if all they're gonna do is have meaningless matches every week? Smackdown as always been better with mid-carders than Raw, so this isn't a new problem. It doesn't have to be as good as Smackdown, but it needs to be better than what they've been doing. Raw as always been way too main-eventy for my liking and that's not good when you're main-event sucks.....like now.

RAW is getting repetitive, quickly. Since Wrestlemania, its been Legacy does something and its Batista-McMahons-HHH chasing them around. There is no originality to it. The leadup to Wrestlemania was great because it was something unique in a way. Each week they were able to progress the storyline a bit more. Since Wrestlemania, the storyline hasn't been touched at all. They've just added a component to it in Batista, without evolving the storyline or changing it. So the act is getting stale. And if people are seeing the same stuff week in and week out, the act gets stale quickly.

And there is no midcard feuds. Yet, last week they spend nearly an hour on McMahons-Batista-Orton, and don't progress it anywhere else. I don't want a rehatch of the attitude era because we saw what it did for WCW with the nWo, but thats what made the attitude era so great as it had little storylines throughout the show. Now it seems like they are putting matches together with no rhyme-or-reason. In the past, a guy like Kofi Kingston would be involved in a feud, that while it may have been part of a larger storyline, he would have been involved and it would have carried him week in and week out.

And that has nothing to do with the PG Rating. They can create an interesting show week in and week out and still have the PG rating. Its just about creating new starts and interesting storylines from 9PM to 11:05PM.

I think turning Triple H on Batista, setting up a Triple H - Batista feud would do wonders for WWE. Yes, we have seen it before, but it would get them both away from the title picture for a while. Then it would also force the WWE to push someone else up to fight for the title (Mr. Kennedy, MVP, Carlito, Kofi). They just need to keep Cena, HHH, and Batista away from the title picture for a few months.

Moving Cena away from the Main Event scene would also do wonders. If he finishes his feud with Big Show and immediately goes against Orton, it would accomplish nothing. As bad as it sounds, a feud with Chavo for Cena would help both himself and RAW. It would allow Cena to stay popular on TV as he would be facing off against Vickie Guerrero.

Frankly, people are bored out of their minds and A LOT of that has to do with Orton.

People aren't bored out of their mind because of Orton, the wrestling fans just change their minds and their preferences constantly. It's human nature. 2 months ago people were gagging to see Orton as WWE champion because, apparently, he was the least boring thing about Raw. But as soon as he gets where people want him to be, they turn on him. Same thing happaned with Edge after his 4th or 5th reign, same thing happened with Cena, same thing happened with Punk and Batista. When MVP and Kennedy get their world title, people will start talking about how they were never that great and how they were the only ones who disliked MVP and Kennedy while they were in the midcard. It's just what fans like to do. It's best to ignore it. But Orton is not boring. Punting Vince isn't boring, Punting Shane isn't boring, and taking out Steph definately wasn't boring.

He's boring. Simple as that. He talks the same, wrestles the same, acts the same. Think of the good heels. Hogan, Flair, Savage, MDM, Honky Tonk Man, HHH. They were NEVER boring. They never just talked the same mono tone in every interview.

That's cause it wasn't their gimmicks. Orton is an emotionless semi-psychotic man. And he talks like one. If Orton talked like Flair or Triple H, people certainly wouldn't think he's a deranged maniac. They'd think he's yet another cocky heel who'll use underhanded tricks.

Orton needs to figure it out, figure out HOW to grab the audience and keep it, cause as of right now nobody gives two fucks.

Emm, lots of people give two fucks. Hell, some people even give 3 or 4 fucks. You hear the mixture of boos and cheers when Orton comes out? You hear the RKO chant? Did you hear the crowd pop like mad when he punted Triple H? That's usually a good indication that the fans "give two fucks."

And don't hand me the bullshit that Orton is great, Orton is the future, Orton is this that. Its crap. Look at the ratings. HHH is gone, HBK is gone, Orton has Raw all to himself and Raw is going down REAL fast. A good heel can make an average face. He isn't a good heel.

If Triple H really did make ratings high, that would imply people love him. Which doesn't make sense considering 10,000 or so people "na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye" when he got punted. But hey, your logic makes more sense than mine right?
But duh, one person can't carry a whole show. He needs opponents and interesting feuds. Orton doesn't have that at the moment. You just cannot blame the crap ratings on Orton when creative give him fucking Batista to work with. It takes two, as they say, to tango.

First thing, he needs a new finisher. His finisher is 100% face. People do pop to see it. But then they go back to not giving a crap. Come up with something unique, hell try boring, that isn't as flashy as that. DDP, Austin all become HUGE faces with the variant of his move.

I disagree with your arguement that the RKO is 100% face. Look at Backlash, Triple H got distracted and Orton took advantage of that by nailing the RKO. It's the ultimate face-gets-distracted, face-turns-around, face-gets-nailed move, much like the way Edge used the spear and Jericho uses the Codebreaker. So what if people pop for it? It's a good move that he nails beautifully. When JBL was heel, people still popped for the Clothesline From Hell. It was fast, usually came out of nowhere and the impact was awesome. Does it make JBL a bad heel? No, of course not.
And Austin and DDP didn't become huge faces cause of their moves. Yeah people loves thier finishers, but I think the whole rise to stardom thing was based a little more around the charisma and great booking. A move doesn't make a man.

2nd, and this is more on WWE. Get him some fresh blood. No Batista, none of that shit. Give him young guys that can MAYBE convince the world Orton can actually have a 4* match.

Well the problem is, WWE has moved most of their young talent to SD. Punk, Morrisson, Shelton, Haas, Umaga, Ziggler, Knox, Ortiz etc....
The only young guy on Raw who could be going to the main event soon is MVP. And he's not even that young, he's 35.
And whether Orton has 4* matches is completely opinion. But I do believe he's had 4* matches against Jeff Hardy, Undertaker, Mick Foley and Chris Benoit. And that's just off the top of my head. All those matches were great.

In closing, turn him face. Him as a heel is NOT working. I think as a tweener/face he could be big. But him as a bonafide heel is a complete failure.

No, don't turn him face. He was horrible in his first face run. And he wouldn't be able to do stuff like DDT steph. Right now he's a tweener leaning more towards heel. Not because of how he's booked, but because of how the crowd react to him, which is you really decide what a wrestler's allignment. And he can't be a complete failure, he managed to be over enough to become WWE champion....

Of course I will throw out some other stink shit that makes Raw unwatchable. MVP and Regal, thats totally useless. Regal couldn't sell a bucket of chicken in the ghetto.

Alot of people think Regal is good. But again, that's opinion. *sigh* If people aren't complaining about midcard titles being used, they're complaining about who's challenging for the titles. Just because your favourite wrestler isn't the challenger or the champion, doesn't mean what they're doing is "shit".

And also, way to stereotype.

Cena. It's pointless cause he will never leave, but his storyline with big show is beyond moronic.

How? Vickie asked Show to cost Cena the title, Show did it, Cena's injured but pissed, so they have a match. Seems logical and pretty standard stuff to me.

I like Kofi and Matt, thats pretty good.

Hell must have frozen over.

DiBiase and Rhodes are made to look like bitch weak idiots, yet we are supposed to believe their so called leader hand picked them? What kind of idiot creates a group and then fills it with scrubs. Now I don't think Ted is a scrub, but he is booked as one.

They're made look weak because A) Shane is Shane. He's booked like a superman no matter who he's against. Hell, he was made to look like a threat to Kane when Kane took off his mask and went psycho. And B) they're against Batista, a legit main eventer and a powerhouse to boot. No one would really believe that the Legacy could beat Batista clean. When they move back to the midcard, they'll no doubt dominate.

nWo, what killed it? Letting scrubs in. Nobodies that never did anything. The fans stopped carying, nWo wasn't special anymore.

There's a few things that killed the nWo, the inclusion of "scrubs" (hate that word) was only one of them.

But Orton can't fix everything. But what he can work on, it doesn't seem to be working.

Give Orton a break. He hasn't been given much to work with. He had a great feud with Triple H which was ruined by creative when Shane was let be part of it, and then again when Batista was let be part of it. He just no one to put on a decent programme with right now. One person can never make themselves huge. Hell, even Austin would never have been as big without his feud with Vince, and you cannot deny that.

Something has to give. Somebody has to step up, or yank the title off Orton

Unfortunately WWE have dug themselves into a whole by having so little young talent on Raw. But when MVP loses the US title and is made a main eventer, we'll see some great matches like we saw on Raw a couple of weeks ago. But you'll start complaining that MVP is overrated or got pushed too early/late. And I'll be here again to tell you why you're wrong.

The problem I have with Raw doesn't have anything to do with the PG rating nor has it anything to do with Randy Orton turning face or John Cena turning heel. The problem i have is it just has NOT been entertaining since Wrestlemania. Before Wrestlemania Raw was awesome and entertaining, since then though somethings happened......and I dont know what its just not the same.

The draft I feel has brought more complications than anything, the main event scene is stacked up with potential matches that we have seen time and time before, matches like Orton/Cena Orton/Batista Batista/Cena Cena/HHH HHH/Batista HHH/Orton and you could include HBK into this whenever he returns. Compare that with Smackdown you have potential feuds that haven't been done or at least not been done for quite a while feuds like Jericho/Mysterio Jericho/Hardy Hardy/Edge Edge/Jericho Edge/Mysterio.

The good thing about Raw is the mid-card some of which will be main eventers in the coming years. MVP is coming along nicely and has already hinted at the main event with a short stint against Randy Orton. Matt Hardy is coming off the back of a good fued with his brother that has pushed him in the right direction. His work since turning into the whining heel has been amazing only time will tell if its a good investment. The problem with mid-card is the main event is too stacked up now so when can the new talent be pushed through?

After Judgment Day last night, I am now ready to turn Monday Night Raw off indefinitely. It will stay off until I hear of drastic improvements being made to the show.

As it currently stands, I do not watch ECW or Superstars. I occasionally skim through Smackdown, but do not watch it regularly. I keep hearing people say how Smackdown is so much better than Raw, but I don't really think it is that much better, to be frank. Sure, you have different talent on the show, but WWE does not differentiate it enough from Raw. Plus, with Jeff Hardy looking to leave WWE once again, that will be just another blow to the show.

I'm tired of seeing Edge as champion.
This Chris Jericho bores me. I'd like to see him in another character.
CM Punk doesn't do much for me.

I don't know. I turned off all WWE programming altogether when Adamle was GM. I turned it back on again late last year, but I think it's time to turn it off again and keep it off for a long time.

After 20 years of being a fan since the Hogan Era, the WWF I fell in love with has left me and turned itself into something I don't even recognize anymore.

Lol, another reason not to watch RAW. Ric Flair is back. You poor fuckers. The guy is terrible. Old and boring and washed up. Crap in the ring (match with Michaels at Mania 24 was an easy candidate for worst match of the year), stale on the mic, and just an all-round turd when you read stories of his life away from wrestling.

He had the appropriate send-off that his career deserved at Mania 25, when Jericho whaled the hell out of his sorry old ass with a
SWEET back body drop and codebreaker. And now he's back again now to piss on the Batista/Orton storyline, that wasn't great in the first place and will now get 10 times worse with Flair involved.

You remember that laundry list of complaints that most people had for episodes of Raw, and how ungodly terrible they were, and the most excruciating thing to sit through? I mean, let's just take a long hard scan of all of the things I've heard people piss and moan about here on these forums:

They wanted better worked matches: That's cool. Vince just completely uprooted two of his best workers, not just from Smackdown, but from the entire company. He yanked them from whatever feud they were working, and made it so they can appear on any brand Vince chooses them to. And, as we saw on Raw, these men can even put on great smaller matches. Not to mention the loads of talent that just came in to the Raw brand (more on that later)

They wanted less comedy segments: I think it's safe to say that there were no comedy segments last night. Santino wasn't on the show whatsoever, it seems like they're really following through with Santina being fired, and Horswoggle and Festus are nowhere in sight. I mean, Horsnwoggle is only one of Vince's best merchandise pieces, and is mad over with the kids, but hey, people bitched about him anyway. And thus, he's not seen at all.

They wanted more violent matches: You just got two straight matches from
Trips and Randy Orton, and both of these matches lived up to the hype, as I feel they were tremendous performances.

They wanted new stars: The Miz and MVP are now working with established stars. And for that matter, so is Kofi Kingston, who now finds himself working with the Big Show.

Some of you will come on here and go, But Mastadon Tentazord (Do ya like the new name, kids?), their not getting wins. Miz and MVP jobbed out to Trips and Cena.

Well, yeah, of course they did, folks.... It's called a "slow build". Wrestlers proved to their promoters that they can still attract the fans, especially ovber a long span of time. Think about it, would they really want to slingshot The Miz right into title contention, and hope that in two or three months, his novelty won't wear off? No, The WWE is not that stupid. Their building these men gradually, and they won't give them the reins of the main event scene until the WWE knows they are legitimately ready.

I remember a period where a certain smarky booker attempted to get a wrestler over by having him randomly beat an established legend. There was a bit of a feud, and then one day, the superstar just beat the legend. No true build up, no matter of getting the actual performer over. Just beat him.

And how did that feud work for thise guy?

kidman.jpg

Now do you think it's that smart of an idea to have The Miz just randomly go over Cena?

Oh, and I haven't even touched upon the trade yet.

They wanted better women's wrestling: Out go the Bella Twins. In comes Gail Kim. Still have any problems? The only two women I see on Raw that can't work are Alicia Fox and Kelly Kelly. All of the other women at least know how to work.

They wanted fresh faces and new matches: bam! In come Jack Swagger, Evan Bourne, and Mark Henry. We're all already aware of how good Evan, and I'm excited to see his matches with the likes of Kofi, Carlito, Primo, TBK, even perhaps matches with MVP, Ted DiBiase Jr., Cody Rhodes. I absolutely love the Swagger pick up, and I feel he'll be the gem of this little trade. Alas, that's for another thread... To be conveniently timed after this one.... And you have Mark Henry. Now, I know that most people don't like him, but I feel he can be a good add to the roster. Hey, at least he's fresh, and can easily become a main event heel.

But what's this?

Mark Henry's a face?!?!?!?!

14henry.jpg

Oh my, oh noes, oh dear! What ever will we do? Why, oh my, this is so.... Fresh. This gives so many opportunities to wrestle against so many heels. Orton is just a little taste on the matter. He can go one on one with the Miz, Edge, Jericho (if Vince will allow them to work singles matches. And you know my saying, if you got em, use em.). I mean, my gosh, this is absolutely unexpected and oh so.... Fresh. It's new. And perhaps, he's the next big face on Raw. Hell, he got quite the pop last night. And his mic work has improved tremendously since his stint in ECW.

And yet, I come to this forum, and what's the first thing I see?

"Oh Noez! Cena and Triple H in the MANE EVENT?!?!! THEY DO 5 MOVEZ!!!!!111"

Sigh..... So tell me now.... Just what exactly is there left to bitch about? You had better come on strong here.

Can't wait to see the rating come in for Raw, but it will undoubtedly be back to being below a 4.0.

The ROH/WWE bots will never learn until they understand that none of that stuff matters. What matters is GOOD storytelling and intriguing, complex characters. You MUST have those elements before you expect people to get into the feuds and matches. They never learn, though, and it is admirable watching them try to blame everything else under the sun, other than those issues.

You can not get from Point A to point C, without first driving through Point B.

Can't wait to see the rating come in for Raw, but it will undoubtedly be back to being below a 4.0.

The ROH/WWE bots will never learn until they understand that none of that stuff matters. What matters is GOOD storytelling and intriguing, complex characters to get the people into the feuds and matches. They never learn, though, and it is admirable watching them try to address everything else under the son, other than those issues.

Sidious, I had a feeling you'd be first, and that's great, because you're a good poster, and I like your stuff. I'm somewhat upset you didn't come with more.

Look, I'd rather have a bare bones story than a convulted, contorted plot like you'll normally see in TNA. Besides that, you have terrific storytellers withing the Raw brand to help convey a story. Jericho, Edge, Cena, and yes, Trips are great ring psychology folks. Putting them up against men like MVP, Kofi, Swagger, Miz can only help.

Now backstage.... Completely different story. But Vince knows when his writers aren't doing well. And he's given them all the tools to work with. If they fail this time, heads will roll. I promise you.

Alot of people on here bitch and moan about how Raw sucks and its boring and its the worst wrestling show ever. If you hate it so much why? Give me your reasons I'd really like to know what you hate about Raw. If you like Raw tell me why you like it. Me I think its a good show but its been better in the past. I do sometimes get sick of seeing the same people in the Main Event. But with the brand split the superstars get spread across three shows so its hard not to be repetitive. But I love the Raw host thing. So what do you like about Raw and what do you dislike about Raw?

I cant wait to the host thing to end. The only decent one was Shaq and i found the rest boring. im not bashing raw, i just think that it needs a bunch of new faces. And when i mean new faces, i mean new faces in the main event scene. Im soo sick and tired of john cena and triple H. i for once want to see Jack Swagger vs. Randy Orton (wont happen cuz both are heels) MVP vs. Randy Orton

the guest host thing deffinatelly needs to go. too much time on random guest who dont even work for the company and not enough time helping the mid-card develope into the maineventers of tomorrow.

I cant wait to the host thing to end. The only decent one was Shaq and i found the rest boring. im not bashing raw, i just think that it needs a bunch of new faces. And when i mean new faces, i mean new faces in the main event scene. Im soo sick and tired of john cena and triple H. i for once want to see Jack Swagger vs. Randy Orton (wont happen cuz both are heels) MVP vs. Randy Orton

The guest host is bringing in ratings. I don't know how else to explain this, but the WWE is seriously lacking a huge draw. Cena can keep the fans, but drawing in new fans seems to be a feat that he serverly lacks. Hes no Hogan, or Austin, thats for sure.

The WWE is like a body. You've got your resident jobbers, which would serve as the legs. These guys kick off careers, and help build the upper body of the WWE. You've got your arms, that I would consider the cruiserweights. The Cruiserweights attract people with "Did that really just happen?" moments. The arms on a male body, are the first thing that people notice. But is quickly looked away from, for. The body, which I would consider the mid card. The Body is what really shows for a company like the WWE. These men have to keep in top physical shape, and keep the cround entertained, until its time for the backbone of the WWE. The main eventors. These guys are what keep the show running, without them, there would be no show. The legs, arms, and body couldn't move. The face, couldn't shine. Then theres the face. The face of the company, is the person who really shines through, attracting new viewers far and wide. Gaining mainstream attention. This is something the WWE only has half of. Cena is good, but hes not Hogan, or Austin. He can't draw like the WWE would probably want him to draw.

So, the WWE has tried to come up with a way, to really show their face, body, back, and arms off. They have called in the Guest host. The guest host brings in the mainstream attention, John Cena has been unable to garnar. This will show off the rest of the show, and hopefully keep the fans attention. So that they become regular watches of the WWE again. The guest host is acting as, a face so to speak. Because the WWE is severely lacking one. Its not that Cena isn't good, hes just lacking the main stream attraction factor, that the WWE has been so pampered with its entire company life.

Besides the week Shaq hosted the ratings have been steadily the same. I can't wait for it to be over. It kills me when the commentators talk like the hosts are actually booking the show, or actually know that much about running wrestling for that matter.

The storylines need improvement. They don't need the sleaze and Jerry Springer shock TV-attitude stuff, but they could vastly improve the product with well thought out storylines. The matches could also use improving. They look too planned out sometimes. Sure wrestlers go in with an idea what they are going to do, but the greats improvise. The young guys today should go back and watch some classic Bret, HBK, Owen, Mr.Perfect, etc. matches. Those guys really had the feel to setting up a great match.

The Main Event scene is stale, but then again if the wreslters are putting on quality, different-every time matches instead of having the same spots in EVERY SINGLE MATCH it wouldn't be as bad. We know HHH is gonna reverse the back body drop with the facebuster and we know John Cena is gonna get his ass kicked until he hits the 2 flying shoulder blocks and then protoplex. They gotta get more creative in the ring.

For almost 5 straight years I had no cable whatsoever, and could only catch the weekend rewinds or Smackdown with rabbit ears. The Raw plugs were always exciting, and now that I'm connected again then Raw is still (to me) the premiere program it always has been.

Some of the complaints I've read are similar to what I hated almost 10 years ago - mega stars on every show in endless repeat matches while other interesting stars stuck on Heat or Velocity, or even worse Jakked! I guess you just deal with it and enjoy what you can while it's there.

Raw has the same true potential every single week of getting it right. Every performer and fan has their own story idea, so it's lucky that we get any fun or funny moments at all. My heart goes out to Mark Henry of late and I hope this can finally be his time. He was fierce and hot over on SD! a while back, and it's so great to see him really enjoy himself. And Chavo accepting his assignment to be a horse's arse is another fun reason I never miss Raw. I really believe that Orton's groupies can be HOT stars on their own someday, and I'll stick around whether it happens or not!

I wouldn't have even found this website if I didn't (mostly) enjoy the product and have such rave reviews of my favorite stars. Why would you even come to this site if you hated WWE or Cena that much? Aren't there still hot video games to play like forever and never care about what's on TV? That doesn't mean that horrible TV spots shouldn't be exposed - you guys are RIGHT and deserve the chance to shout out. But I'll guess that McMahons could care less if we like the product at all as long as we keep watching. Our choice.

Slaughter WILL be a treat next week, no matter what they do with him. I don't know my classics like Blassie or Monsoon, but I watched enough G.I. Joe as kid to expect something comical. How about Divas' training camp mud wrestling? Raw will always bring the goods, maybe just not every night or every match. That's why it's so fun - you never know when they'll get it right!

its getting worse every week.
These guest host are ruining the show weekend and week out. I understand using them to get main stream media coverage, but its really fucking sad. I know USA wants to beat TNT in ratings, but you cant compete with the Closer on Monday nights on TNT by bringing in Actors, sports stars, and has been bands.

Has any real wrestling fan cared about any of these hosts outside of the Million Dollar Man? (I dont count anyone who considers Batista worth watching a real wrestling fan, because hes a steaming pile of animal shit.)

Maybe this next weeks host will do something meaningful......but I doubt it. I hope Summerslam is the end of guest host, so the program can go back to its normal level of shit, instead of its current level of shit. I honestly cant remember the last enjoyable Raw I watch....I think it was before Triple H came back to Mondays

I like it, otherwise I wouldn't be watching it every week but I agree with you Slick (4lyfe brother) that it has been better and could be better. It's wrestling though so of course I'm going to like it to a certain extent. I don't mind the guest hosts (other than ZZ Top, fuck that was shit) but I wouldn't want to go on too long. Maybe up to Survivor Series or something but not permanatly.

The same main events/eventers does get tiresome but it's not too bad and is understandable. It's good to see Trips going after Cody/Ted for a change instead of constant HHH/Orton match's so they are starting to give us something different at least.

Anyways as a whole I do like Raw but it has and could be better. I prefer Smackdown much MUCH more at the moment.

Raw isnt that bad its just that they need to get rid of the Celebrity Hosts, its not helping with anything. The only reason celebrities are going on it is so they can promote their movie or show and done NOTHING!. Think about it

Batista: Got revendge on orton? I cant think of anything else!

Seth Green: when he was on it all he did was talk about Robot chicken, although he did get in the ring he barely hit any one!

ZZ Rock: i dont even think any one relised they were even hosting, all they did was play music with Santino Marrella

Shaq:... hit big show :O.... any thing else?

Jermey fkn Piven: Banned the miz. back Stabbed John Cena because he was scared of Orton, Promoted The Goods.

I think i missed someone!?!

So far the only improvement raw has made is having at least one ppv where the mainevent isnt Randy Orton Vs Triple H.

the only thing i dislike about Raw is this whole Celebrity Guest Host crap. This is wrestling if your gonna do different hosts every week keep it within WWE not Seth Green who plugged Robot Chicken all night. But other than that i have no problem with Raw its the companys flagship show its were the top guys are ECW is the development show Smackdown is the Mid Card show were you go when you begin to get noticed then you head to Raw for Main Eventing and Top Guy stuff.

Raw isnt that bad its just that they need to get rid of the Celebrity Hosts, its not helping with anything. The only reason celebrities are going on it is so they can promote their movie or show and done NOTHING!. Think about it

Batista: Got revendge on orton? I cant think of anything else!

Seth Green: when he was on it all he did was talk about Robot chicken, although he did get in the ring he barely hit any one!

ZZ Rock: i dont even think any one relised they were even hosting, all they did was play music with Santino Marrella

Shaq:... hit big show :O.... any thing else?

Jermey fkn Piven: Banned the miz. back Stabbed John Cena because he was scared of Orton, Promoted The Goods.

I think i missed someone!?!

So far the only improvement raw has made is having at least one ppv where the mainevent isnt Randy Orton Vs Triple H.

You missed out The Million Dollar Man i think he was the 2nd host

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back