• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*MERGED* [OFFICIAL] 2010 WWE Draft Discussion

I Can not see Orton going over to smackdown. i see cena heading back to smackdown with the wwe title and swagger back to raw with the world title. so they can start a new feud between Orton and swagger for the title and they will go on until maybe summer slam. back and forth both betting the hell out of one another with numerous title's changing hands till they end it and slam 2010.

Smackdown needs DESPERATELY someone to carry the show and to make it the " all show". RAW will always be the same, and with less people to work with ie: Taker, Shawn Michaels, and Triple H (if he takes time off), they need to spice things up again. Smackdown has all the makings of an "A" show. They just won't let it happen. To me it's just lazy booking, and with Randy to Smackdown they will have new material to work with.

I wouldnt mind seeing ORTON on Smackdown! there are some good fueds there but i would rather see CHRISTIAN go 2 SMACKDOWN! and reunite EDGE AND CHRISTIAN or fued with EDGE, JOMO, SHELTON, and CHRIS JERICHO getting off topic i would mind seein ORTON 2 Smackdown! but i would rather see CHRISTIAN bc hes gettin lost in the shuffle on RAW

As we know Cena is the face of the WWE, but if they were smart they would move either Orton or Cena to Smackdown. If done right both of them could be the face of the WWE. Orton will be a face in the near future, kind of like Stone Cold, but that would be perfect for him. He can keep his edge and his popularity is rising and could seriously explode.

The only reason Smackdown is the B show is because it isn't live. The talent is very good and it has youth and it's own excitement. I find myself more intrigued by Smackdown of late and yes it needs some new blood, but that is normal. I am excited about the potential Orton has and I hope they keep it going and yes he could be great on Smackdown, but I think he should stay on Raw and Cena should move to Smackdown.

I see it and I believe that he will do good in Smackdown becuase he could win the WHC without getting into a match with Cnea cuz that wont happen in a while

I too have envisioned this scenario of Orton going to Smackdown! since they have Cena over on RAW then why not have your next best guy (in terms of popularity but wrestling ability Orton is way better than Cena) on Smackdown! Since Undertaker will probably be taking time off and the Edge-Jericho feud is likely to continue without the involvement of a major title. They're making Orton a tweener now and he has been receiving huge face reactions from the crowd. I think it is not a bad move at all because if he stays on RAW he is gonna share the throne with Cena as a major crowd favorite but if he goes to Smackdown! He is will be established as "The Main Man" of that show and eventually, overtake Cena as the "Main Man" of the WWE.

Yeah I like the idea of Orton to SmackDown. I think there would be a lot of fresh fueds in store for him. Not to mention they can always re-unite Rated RKO for one of them super team Unified Tag Team Champion runs if they ever feel like Raw needs an extra boost in star power. In fact Rated RKO would be the perfect team to travel show to show cause they are still relatively young and have enough energy to do two shows while their title reign lasts. The only reason I would like to see Orton stay on Raw is if they decide to let him and The Miz have a little feud. I think a feud between Orton and Miz would do nothing but wonders for The Miz's career. But if a re-united rated RKO challenges for the belts then he can still fued with Miz and be on SmackDown! at the same time.

But yes I am pro-Orton for SmackDown. I mean if the WWE feels they made a mistake they can always have a "trade" later on to even out the rosters.

I really don't want to see Orton get drafted to Smackdown. Like it or not SD is the b show. This point in Orton's career I don't hink he should move over. I feel the his tweener character would work better live on Raw especially since now is just the start of that character. As much as I see the intention of WWE drafting Orton I really hope I'm seeing it wrong. One thing I think would work is if Cena gets drafted and Batista wins the belt. Then we can see a feud between Orton and Batista. I would just rather see that feud than anything.

Absolutely he needs to be. SD is totally fucking dry for serious faces, and they have a new, young heel champ to build up. Even though he isnt entirely a face, Orton is the most over face on the roster. The live crowd reactions do not lie. He put on an excellent match with Swagger on RAW, and could be THE man to carry that show for this year. Absolutey something the WWE must do here.

I think its a great idea for Randy Orton to be drafted to Smackdown. It wouldnt be the worst move WWE has made like some of you had said. He should go to Smackdown so he continue his feud with Swagger, and it would make Smackdown that much special to have someone like that come back where they started! i could see Orton Vs. Swagger for the WHC, when was the last time you saw Orton with any other title then the WWE Championship? and it could make Swagger get that Main Event Status he needs! come on guys!

I can see orton going to smackdown rumor early was swagger was going to smackdown before wrestlemania and obviously u see hes the champion if orton comes to smackdown then u will either see edge or jericho switch over to raw to keep star power in line more then likely this year raw will have batista again and either jomo or a main even talent

Quote me on this Randy Orton will move to Smackdown and start a feud with Swagger, at Extreme Rules Swagger will go over Orton, showing his hardcore side.

As much as I personally don't want to see this happen because I can't watch Smackdown because I work every Friday night, I think that it will and it would be good for all parties involved.

It will be good for the WWE to have a major face on both Raw and Smackdown (Cena and Orton) It will be good for Swagger to get him over as a credible World Champion. Remember how Edge's hardcore match with Foley got him over huge, Shawn Michael's match with Foley got him over as a tough guy too, same goes for Orton at Backlash. Replace Foley with Orton, who has shown he can be a sick son of a bitch too, and this match will make Swagger look like a legit hardass.

Randy moving to Smackdown is also good for Ted Jr. and his amazing Million Dollar Championship, he won't have Randy around anymore so that opens him up to feud with anyone, same goes for Cody. I'm hoping we see a Ted Jr vs. Cody feud when he comes back from his concussion.

So as much as I hate to see it happen, I think it will and to quote Shawn Michaels "good things will happen".

I would Definately mind seeing orton go to smackdown, I'd rather see Cena go or even HHH, Orton is one of the only reasons i watch Raw. I do think Christian will go to smackdown, he needs to, he's lost on Raw. at the same time i could see Ted Jr. going to smackdown and really shining there. idk really whose going to raw tho... edge possibly, hopefully not jericho. I really Hope Punk is drafted to raw. and Drew mckentier. (i know i spelled his name wrong.)

Smackdown is absolutely the B-Show. It has talent, no doubt. But Monday is "wrestling night" in America. Friday is not. Smackdown doesn't get the viewers that Raw does. Smackdown is taped, and that just takes away so much from the feeling of the show, IMO. It starts at 8 PM, and has even more of a "family-friendly" feeling than Raw does. Raw still feels a tiny bit more mature than it's PG-rating.

If they move Orton to Smackdown, I will be very disappointed. Smackdown just isn't Raw. It's not the same. Raw has a live energy to it that Smackdown can never duplicate. I just see this being a terrible move all around. Orton is your fastest rising star. He is skyrocketing to the top right now, with no ceiling in sight...and you want to send him to Friday night?

I understand they need a superstar over there, I get it. Why not send Cena? I know a lot of you Cena marks are going to hate this idea, but I don't care. At this point in time, Cena is a bigger name than Orton. Cena would automatically draw higher ratings on Smackdown than they have right now. All of the little kids would watch, and it doesn't hurt that it starts at 8 as opposed to 9. It could almost be like a little "TGIF" for the t-shirt-buyers. And call me crazy, but I don't think it would hurt Raws ratings at all. People who watch Raw are going to continue to watch Raw without Cena.

I just don't see a reason to take Orton, your hottest guy right now, and throw him onto a show where his arrival might not change anything. I don't think Orton going to Smackdown, at this point in his face turn, is going to draw additional ratings. Cena, on the other hand, would. Personally, I don't want to see Orton over there. I am enjoying the hell out of his character on the edgier Raw show (it's about as edgy as it can get with a PG-rating). I think moving him to Smackdown would A. Not improve Smackdowns ratings (and that is what Vince cares about), and B. Would hurt Ortons push.

The WWE Draft is on April 26th which means its right around the corner. And with it being around the corner I have just made some predictions of what I feel might happen.

Smackdown

Randy Orton People are already talking about Orton making a move to Smackdown because of his fued with Swagger and honestly I agree with them. I feel now that Orton's a face he should seperated from Cena, Batista, and Triple H and go to Smackdown and became the face of Smackdown. And also I would like to see Orton and Taker fued again it was good the first time it can be even better now.

Christian I would like for Christian to go to Smackdown only if Edge isn't moved to Raw. I think everyone want's to see a E & C reunion and WWE can't pass up on doing it aswell. At the same time I think Christian will have better oppertunitys on Smackdown than on Raw. On Smackdown he has alot of friends and history with wrestlers besides Edge. (I.E. Y2J, Swagger, Taker, Matt Hardy, Benjamin, etc...) and from what I heard the Smackdown writers had big pland for Christian before he made his return to WWE's ECW brand.

Kofi Kingston I think Kofi will switch brands basically because he has been apart of Raw long for the past 2 years. So he should go to Raw so he can be added in some newer fueds

MVP MVP had alot going for him on Smackdown but as soon as he went to Raw like many others he was lost in the shuffle and didn't get any kind of push. I would like to see him return to Smackdown as a heel with his old Ballin gimmick with he blimp. If he does stay face though I would like to see him fued with McIntrye over the I.C. title then maybe hopefully he will get a push to the main event scene but first he needs a new finisher.

Evan Bourne Evan's really good but he always seems to job on Raw and is another guy lost in the shuffle. Since Smackdown seems to care more for the new generation of stars I say put him on Smackdown.

Michael Cole Alot of peoples has had enough of Cole period and he just doesn't fit Raw IMO, I liked him better on Smackdown. Not saying bringing him to Smackdown will make him a better announcer or anything I just want him away from Raw.

Smackdown supplementary draft picks

Cody Rhodes Legacy is broken up and DiBiase and Rhodes looks as if their not a tag team anymore so its time for Cody to go his seperate way and get drafted to Smackdown.

Chris Masters & Santino MarellaThis are just 2 guys I see being moved to Smackdown in the supplemental draft. Their both pretty much used for comedy but I think WWE should actually be more serious with Masters as for Santino I can actually care less I'm just tired of seeing him on Raw maybe they'll put him in a tag team with Goldust or Kung Fu Naki.

Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder, Carlito, & Primo Once again these are a few guys that are young who could be on Smackdown for the sake of the reason that Smackdown seems to cater more to the new genertaion of wrestlers. As for Primo and Carlito I say make them back into a tag team it was stupid to break them up just so they can go nowhere but to lower mid carders.

Raw

Undertaker If Smackdown's going to be Orton's show then that means their going to have to get rid of the man who is pretty much Smackdown and thats the deadman. I doubt this will happen but it will be a shocker and with HBK gone there's a big spot to be filled and also adding Taker to the A-show will give them big ratings.

Edge I really don't see Edge leaving Smackdown since I believe he will be fueding with Swagger and Jericho(if he's not badly injured) however like I said above if Christian is to stay on Raw I would like to see Edge return to Raw and tag with Christian.

Rey Mysterio I'm pretty sure Mysterio will face Punk at Extreme Rules and afterwards I see him getting drafted to Raw. I would like to see a Rey versus Cena feud at some point. Both have been portrayed as guys who can overcome all odds, so pairing them up would be very entertaining.

Kane Kane's pretty much drafted from Raw to Smackdown every year and I really don't see it being any different this year.

John Morrison I see JoMo coming to Raw with R-Truth. I've been hearing alot of talk lately about him turning heel aswell so I can see him turning on R-Truth when their unseccessful in capturing the tag team titles against the Hart Dynasty or ShowMiz or whoever will be champions at the moment.

Matt Striker I'm getting tired of hearing Cole on Raw and Striker has been a good anouncer so i say pair him up with Lawler.

Raw supplementay draft picks

Shad Now that Cryme Tyme has broken up one of the two will most likley go to Raw and I see it being Shad since he has that "its my time" attitude now. I see him being taken in the supplementary draft.

Hart Dynasty After they helped their Unlce Bret Hart at WrestleMania 26 and them beating ShowMiz a couple of weeks ago on Raw I can pretty much see them heading to Raw. And possibly trying to take the titles from ShowMiz. I see them all as supplementary draft picks

R-Truth Same with R-Truth as Kofi he's been with Smackdown for nearly 2 years so I see him coming to Raw with JoMo to make the JoMo heel turn. I see him as supplementary draft pick.

Finlay & Goldust A couple of old vets who could be moved to Raw possibly to job. But hey they are big names.

So as you can see preety much the point of my draft is putting the bigger names on Raw and letting the younger and underrated guys get their break on Smackdown.

I wouldn't be surprised if Orton went to SmackDown as he's been on Raw for a good long while now. He's beaten everyone on the roster, yet his character is really beginning to peak, so moving to SmackDown would hurt him a bit in my opinion. Edge's character got watered down and Triple H didn't look as powerful on the brand although he was WWE Champion most of his stay.

I would like the move in the sense that there are a ton of fresh feuds ( Edge, Matt Hardy, Morrison, Truth to name a few), but I'd prefer him to stay on Raw.

I really don't think much about the draft now that the overall roster is so much smaller than during the earlier years of the draft, but I would like to see Edge and The Undertaker on RAW, live. I would also appreciate to see John Cena go to SmackDown! in order to restore its audience and ratings to what it used to be so that it can once again become the better show, and than Cena can leave granted I do not like his persona much, but understand his fame and following.

i want CHRISTIAN on SMACKDOWN! bc he has WAY better chance 2 become a world champ and we could possibly [hopefully] see a reuniting of EDGE AND CHRISTIAN or a fued with EDGE, CHRISTIAN, AND JERICHO, or a SWAGGER CHRISTIAN fued. i would also like to see MVP and MARK HENRY go to SMACKDOWN! and turn them heel bc MVP was a Great heel on SD! and kelly kelly on SD!. for RAW i would like to MICKIE JAMES go there bc they need some more experinced divas and SES go to RAW bc it would reek of awesomness to hear CM PUNK live every monday

To SmackDown:

John Cena - I know the WWE would never do this, but I really think moving him to Smack Down would be a breath of fresh air. I mean Triple H did spend a good chunk of time on SD a few years back. I never thought he would go, so send Cena over here after he loses at Extreme Rules to Batista!

Ted DiBiase - I heard the rumor of him getting his own faction. Splitting him from Orton and Rhodes would be a perfect time to start.

MVP - He needs a fresh start can send him to SD and it does just that.

Kofi - He has gotten lost in the shuffle, send him to SD and he is on the verge of the main event scene.

The Miz - Cause he is the Miz and he's awesome. His place on SD wouldn't actually start til he loses the Tag Titles since he can be on either show. I think he is ready to main event and he wont get the chance unless he is on SD.

To Raw

Batista - not a part of the draft, but if he is WWE Champion he stays on Raw.

Edge - Has been on Smack Down for seemly ever. Send him to Raw and it gives him a chance to have something fresh.

Drew McIntyre - moving him to the RAW Brand will allow people to see the potential in him.

Matt Hardy - I think he has been moved in every draft so why change things now.

The Hart Dynasty - I hope 2010 they are given a chance to break out. If they aren't moved to Raw I would expect them to win the tag titles sooner rather than later to give them a bigger push!

I hope they pick 2 NXT rookies to move to the Brands, 1 to each Brand

If they do then Daniel Bryan to SD and David Otunga to Raw.

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I have been reading for months on here and now decided to join. I have been watching WWE/WWF for almost 20 years. As for the draft I think its fairly simple.

First off, I really believe that McIntrye/The Miz will both be switching brands resulting in both titles ( IC/US titles ) moving as well. If you think about it both are not doing much, with the exception of maybe Miz, but more so with the tag titles. Thats 2 picks I feel will happen. Cena as many of us want him too, will not go to SD! And with Randy's "face" turn I feel he should go to the blue brand. Other posters have said HHH went in the spring/summer 2008 just for a year, so lets try it with Randy. I see Christian moving over to SD as well as the obvious Big Show. Add Sheamus to that list as well.

For Raw, Edge needs to go. Anyone whos anyone will say Edge/Taker carried SD the past 3 years but he needs fresh fueds. CM Punk/Society need to go to Raw as well. They need a little more exposure and possibly a new member. So with Miz now on SD, Raw needs John Morrison, keep these two away from each other. Kane gets moved every year, so I think its a sure thing for this year too. One more person, Matt Hardy. He went to Raw last year and his heel turn was forgettable.

Supplemental Draft picks: Well Shad/JTG, one must move. Throw in Carlito, Bourne, Kingston, Kelly Kelly, Jillian, Finlay, and The Hart Dynasty, and there you have fresh fueds.

I think the two big names that are going to be in this years draft are Orton moving to smackdown, and Chris Jericho moving to raw. Other names who i think will be moving is Kofi Kingston- hes been with raw for a long time now, and i think he can get his momentum back by getting into some fresh feuds by going to the blue team. He's just a wasted talent on raw.
Big Show- Seems like he gets moved every year.
Kane- Same as big show.
I think McIntyer and The Miz will switch places.
John Morrison to raw. Think they can do good things with him there.

Ok, so the draft has been announced to take place on a 3 hour episode of Raw in two weeks. That means it's going to happen the night after Extreme Rules.

Do you guys think titles will change hands? Will those title changes shift the draft in any way?

And keep submitting your predictions for the draft.

Let's keep the discussion in here!!​

To Smackdown

Jillian Hall- I like Jillian and they have a pretty good divas division over on smackdown where the Divas actually get mic time. She is a Former Divas Champion but got screwed out of the title and I want her on smackdown. This is the only Diva I want drafted.

MVP- He was AWESOME on Smackdown he had a memorable mid card fued with Matt Hardy he had a memorable US title reign and he should go back to Smackdown.

Mark Henry- was good on Smackdown to me.

Ted DiBiase- I want to see him flash that Milion Dollar Championship on Smackdown. He's a good wrestler he seems like he is going to be a future world heavyweight champion IMO and he is said to be a leader of a new stable in the future so it would be perfect.

Kofi Kingston- People have said before that if he goes to smackdown he might get the push he deserves.

Carlito- I haven't givin up on Carlito yet if he goes to smackdown he could be the top of the midcard if he goes to smackdown. In his case that willl be like getting a push.

John Cena- He's been on Raw for about five years he needs to move over to smackdown. I also want to see if any of the big Cena fans will follow him and bring ratings to smackdown if they don't already watch smackdown.

Bigshow- It was said that he and Swagger were going to Smackdown and since Swagger is officially on Smackdown already it seems like Bigshow is going to smakckdown.

Miz- I thoguht it should've been that he went to smackdown and Morrison went to Raw but Miz has been doing good on Raw but now I want to see him over on Smackdown.

Christian- he should've went to Smackdown in the first place.

TO RAW

Chris Jericho- Like he USED to say RAW IS JERICHO and I believe that.

Edge- I've never seen Edge on Raw but I've heard he was a bit more Rated R.

Kane Like someone said it seems like he switches brand almost every year.

Shelton Benjamin- I don't know why I want him to go to Raw but he's not doing much on Smackdown.

John Morrison- Like I said earler I wanted Miz and Morrison to trade places.

CM Punk- I don't know why I want him to go to Raw but I think it might give him a better chance to shine.(Like he already hasn't)

Batista- I don't know why he isn't officially on RAW yet. He hasn't been on Smackdown since that smackdown before elimination chamber.

Faces to SmackDown, Faces to SmackDown, for the love of fuck, send faces to SmackDown. They have not one, but TWO young stud heel champs that need building, and virtually no faces to do such things with. You have to belive Mysterio comes in contact with one or both of them in the near future, but after that, who? No one that hasn't already been done, thats who.

I expect AT LEAST Kofi Kingston, MVP, and Randy Orton to SD, maybe more. The end result of this HAS to be more loading up on faces to SD.

Orton's push would great be affected in my opinion if he went to SmackDown, but he has beaten EVERYONE on the Raw roster. Unless there are several guys going to Raw in the draft that Orton can put on a good program with, he's gotta make the move. Undertaker, Edge, Jericho, Rey, and CM Punk would all be nice and fresh to see. Hell put Kane, Matt Hardy, Shelton or R Truth in the mix.

Orton needs a change of scenery or the scenery needs to come to him if this push has any hopes of continuing. That and I think Cena needs to be on one brand while Orton is on the other. HHH's move to SmackDown for a year wasn't anything too special, but put Cena back over there for a year or so and then in next years or the following years draft, swap Cena and Orton for good. They are both going to be if not already the faces of the company and having one on each brand would be great to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back