[Official] Draft 2007 Discussion

Considering McCool won that battle royal a couple weeks ago, lastly eliminating Melina and creating tension after the match between the two, I thought that she'd be an obvious choice to go to Raw. As Jake said, the Victoria move to SD makes even less sense now, considering that Victoria and Jillian would have had some watchable women's matches. I hope they drop the Brooke Hogan gimmick with Jillian, though. It flat out sucks.

Looks like ECW gets no more picks and Smackdown's last pick is next. I still stand by my Umaga prediction.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that with the final pick SD! will select Super Crazy, why not it makes about as much sense as every other pick we've gotten so far

lol Eugene to Smackdown. Dang, a Regal/Eugene reunion could of sparked at least something, but maybe there might be something to this.

Johnny Nitro on ECW, anything can improve ECW now with RVD out and Bobby to Raw.

BTW, if Kendrick and London were drafted as a team, shouldn't Regal and Taylor be packaged the same way, or is Taylor going back to a backstage role?

I feel like a fool for being optimistic about the draft. I honestly thought that the likes of Batista, Umaga, Finlay & Punk would get moved.

You can only move 1 of those men. Batista and Finaly can't be moved as SD needs mainevent talent, moving them would kill SD and doing a trade off would make the draft pointless, and as for Punk..Same as the other 2, ECW needs the name power and having Punk there gives fueds like benoit and burke, that and Punk isn't ready to be moved. Give him another year and an ECW title run first. Umaga is the only one that could have been moved, send him to SD as the first pick and torrie in the sup draft. Other than that there is no reason to move any of them.

ok Jillian to Raw is pointless now as with no Victoria there they she can compete with for a good match. Jillian will be nothing more than a trainer for Maria and others. She will job like you never seen before and prolly become Melina's new sidekick like Victoria was.

But to add what you said Jake, it has been tasteless and not worth anyones time and effort. Just as well have all the names in turner and pick them one at at time. Least that go faster but still worthless draft.

Pointless? Jillian is a great wrestler and people have long wanted her there, with Jillian there now they can build a Jillian/James fued that may actually be..gasp...good. Jillian has the potential to compete for the title as victoria is overrated and old, not even worth to give a paycheck anymore. I would have fired Victoria and called back up Beth Phoenix. Jillian gives raw some real talent and the chance to makes some fueds people will watch with Melina, James and an improving Candace. This was a good idea, hopefully Victoria is on her way out.

Did anybody else notice that they were playing up the whole possibility of teams being split up by this draft, but then teams ended up getting drafted together in one shot? How are you gonna play something up like that and then it turns out to not even be a factor?

I think for the most part this whole supplemental thing was horrible.

Sandman on Raw? Why? The only place he remotely belongs is in ECW, he's not gonna get anywhere on Raw anyway, and him being there is pointless.

Eugene to Smackdown...oh, ok...now maybe he can get a push for a world title.

Regal to Raw...only move that might benefit anyone in my opinion, aside from Kenny to SD, which might benefit Kenny. Regal might get a little farther than he was getting on SD, which is good.

London and Kendrick to Raw...once again, why? There are a couple of reasons this isn't a smart move. One is that there's much less depth in the SD tag division than there is on Raw. Another is that they're both cruiserweights...if they split up, where are they gonna get as singles competitors on Raw?

Victoria to SD...WHAT?! They're are few enough legitimate contenders for the women's title as it is. Now they move Victoria to SD? You might as well just chuck the women's division out the window already.

Johnny Nitro to ECW...he could possibly benefit from that, but he probably won't.

Daivari to Raw...where the fuck is Daivari gonna get on Raw? He's a cruiserweight with very little credibility, his best bet was totally on SD.

The Major Brothers to SD...ok, that was actually a good idea. Like I said, SD needs more teams...ECW has no tag titles, nor do I think they really need them.

Hardcore Holly to SD...ECW was the only place I could see him getting anywhere. Once again, why?

Jillian Hall to Raw...well that may be a good idea if she's properly utilized, but she probably won't be.

Viscera to ECW and The Miz to ECW...eh, who cares?

Yeah, this whole thing is pretty pointless for the most part and in the end will most likely hurt WWE. The end.

Sorry but i disagree that the draft was pointless, if this ennoys anyone i will remove it but im going to go through every draft pick and say in short why it was made and u can agree or disagree or give your own suggestions.

Except the last one all make absolute sense why they got moved.

Pick #1 - The Great Khali (to Smackdown)

They wanted to keep Khali main event but had no purpose on Raw simple move to Smackdown.

Pick #2 - The Boogeyman (to ECW)

Hes not needed no Smackdown and Isnt good enuf for Raw gives ECW more Established Guys.

Pick #3 - King Booker with Sharmell (to Raw)

Gives Booker T more opertunities, Sharmell following him was no brainer without Booker shes pointless.

Pick #4 - Chris Benoit (to ECW)

ECW needed a new well established experinced main eventer to replace RVD, Benoit needed a push so got sent to ECW to be champ

Pick #5 - Torrie Wilson (to Smackdown)

Smackdown isnt know for its women wrestlers so Torrie was sent to solidify the women on Smackdown and to support Ric Flair obv

Pick #6- Chris Masters (to Smackdown)

Masters needed a push and couldnt get one on Raw no brainer move him to Smackdown

Pick #7 - Bobby Lashley (to Raw)

Bobby was moved to ECW as an excuse to move him to main event status now his job is complete he can go to Raw as it needs more main eventers due to recent injuries.

Pick #8 - Ric Flair (to Smackdown)

Possibly to fill the injuries or to help strengthen Batistas popularity and help him learn some more, keep him happy on Smackdown as he allways preferd Raw.

Pick #9 - Snitsky (to Raw)

No idea probly as his move to ECW didnt work out very well or to be used on Heat again

Pick #10 - Mr. Kennedy (to Raw)

Not enough Heel main eventers on Raw and to give Kennedy some opertunites

Pick #11 - Brian Kendrick (to Raw)

Raw needed some better tag team competition

Pick #12 - Paul London (to Raw)

Raw needed some better tag team competition

Pick #13 - Kenny Dykstra (to Smackdown)

Kenny is will be a rising star and is improving slowly, Smackdown will give him more tv time

Pick #14 - Viscera (to ECW)

Vicsera isnt used much on Raw and ECW needed some more guys

Pick #15 - The Sandman (to RAW)

Jobber to the stars or as a surprise was moved to Raw to make the draft seem real

Pick #16 - Bob Holly (to Smackdown)

Return to Smackdown as his ECW stint didnt go well either now that there is less main eventers on Smackdown he can get some attention

Pick #17 - The Miz (to ECW)

Miz Sucks and can be a Jobber to ECW guys

Pick #18 - Daivari (to RAW)

Daivari cant be on the same show as Khali and sending him to ECW where he was isnt a good idea either

Pick #19 - The Major Brothers (to Smackdown)

They need a push which ECW cant give them

Pick #20 - William Regal (to Raw)

HHH asked for the move, Regal cant do singles on Smackdown and he is obv getting a push if he is getting moved up

Pick #21 - Victoria (to Smackdown)

Same as torrie she is sent there to strengthen the Women Wrestlers on Smackdown now Ashley is going away for a while

Pick #22 - Jillian Hall (to RAW)

Absolutly no idea other than a push or to many women on Smackdown

Pick #23 - Eugene (to Smackdown)

No idea other than he is only ever used on Haet and could be better used on Smackdown

Pick #24 - Johnny Nitro (to ECW)

The only draft i dont have an explanation for only that it makes sense for him to stop tag team wrestling but could be better used on Smackdown confusing?

Raw doesn't exactly have an amazing tag divison only about 2 teams before london and kendrick. But I believe smackdown needs them. No one will really take the major brothers against deuce and domino seriously.The only good thing is the hardys vs london and kendrick feud. Which reminds me why didn't they just move matt to raw? He keeps competing on both shows so I just don't really see the point of him on smackdown

I can defo see Umaga going to Smackdown eventualy, possibly is being held back untill Mysterio comes back. Btw i want Mysterio to bloody come back soon WWE needs him. Just thought that They dont want to many huge wreckers on Smackdown coz it would have Umaga, Khali, Mark Henry and Batista (LOL)

Man just forgot Hardy on Smackdown coz he said he wants to be Main event as a next carrer move and the fact Edge is Champion gives him the opertunites to do so as Edge is the Biggest or baddest Main eventer out there.

Moving Paul London and Brian Kendrick to Raw is good as they will sure be getting a push and this gives them the opertunites to be bigger stars.

Raw does need a new tag if Matt is staying on Smackdown.

Major Brother vs Deuce and Domino no probs the WWE Tag titles arnt a very high up title now anyway, Deuce and Domino gimmick sucks so badly anyway.

WTF if Ric Flair and Batista go for the titles it means no one could have a chance against them which is defo going to happen as Batista is losing at Vengence as Edge was told his reign will be long.

what the hell is the logic behind moving Sandman to Raw? is his contract about up and they re gonna make him look like a bitch the way they did RVD?Or is there some halfass respectable push in the works for him? I dont see the last one happening at all unless the hardcore title becomes active again and i dont see that happening either.Sandman won't get pushed on raw because of lack of in ring talent do to his hardcore based wrestling skills(that's not a stab at sandman i am a huge sandman fan...obviously check the avatar :p)and the fact he is and will always be thought of as an ECW star.Mcmahon won't push a wrestler he didnt 'create' and i fear that sandman will be a jobbed out and made to look like a little bitch on his way out(if his contract is expiring).

I was wondering the same thing as to why WWE would move Sandman to RAW.. It makes little sense to me.. The first thing that came to mind was Sandman is going to be nothing but a Heat Superstar...

I think it's good that Nitro got moved to ECW. In my opinion, I think they should make ECW the brand for actual toe to toe wrestling, as well as a brand for cruiserweights. But I personally wouldn't like to see ECW as a, "we dont know where to put you because you dont fit in a storyline" brand.

Sandman to Raw as jobber as contract runing out or Sandman to Raw as he is getting a push or Sandman to raw just doing same as he did on ECW just as a Mid Card Guy with no real purpose who only got moved to make the Draft look real. You Decide but Sandman deserved a good run on ECW with a title rivalry or a rivalry with one of the originals or something.

PS Did anyone see the Balls Mahoney vs Tommy Dreamer Extreme rules match
it had a table and a kitchein sink, actually looked like an ECW match which is mind blowing for WWE creative staff.

Raw doesn't exactly have an amazing tag divison only about 2 teams before london and kendrick. But I believe smackdown needs them. No one will really take the major brothers against deuce and domino seriously.The only good thing is the hardys vs london and kendrick feud. Which reminds me why didn't they just move matt to raw? He keeps competing on both shows so I just don't really see the point of him on smackdown

Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch
Paul London and Brian Kendrick
Cryme Tyme (Shad Gaspard and JTG)
The Highlanders (Robbie McAllister and Rory McAllister)
The World's Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas)

Sounds like Raws tag team division is well enough, they have 5 teams, ECW has none, and Smackdown has 2. Raw has one of the strongest tag team divisions since the post Attitude era right now. Are some these teams rarely seen on Raw, hell yes they are, but doesnt mean they're not on the brand, and doesnt mean they dont have skill.
I agree that moving a team like the Major Brothers..a team with no heat at all, that even the few people who watch ECW barely recognize, to compete against Deuce and Domino, ANOTHER team with barely any heat...is a dead duck fued in the making.

Alrighty, so my thoughts on the supplemental draft. My original draft reviews are earlier on this thing, and I only had to disagree with one move, oh boy what a difference a few days make.

London and Kendrick to Raw: Sweet Jesus, the raping of smackdown talent continues right away. This time they waste no time in this. It's kinda odd that a system of complete randomness, somehow manages to move an entire tag team, with back to back picks, to the same shows, what are the odds? Anyways, stupid move. These two will be relegated to heat in no time, yay banned moves list.

Kenny Dykstra to Smackdown!: don't have a problem with this one. What was the point of releasing the Spirit Squad and Joey Mercury, only to put both Dykstra and Nitro in another tag team? Again, another heel moves to Smackdown, which begs teh question, what the hell is going on...

Viscera to ECW: Uh, I guess get the freak shows on one show. Now I'm relegated to the team of Viscera and Boogeyman to open up ECW this week. This move, I don't care enough about to comment on.

The Sandman...To Raw???: Hmm, um, hmmm. I'm left scratching my head on this one. So the Sandman is disgruntled, and keeping him away from his friend Tommy Dreamer is the best solution to that problem, ok, works for me. I think this is a move to make the Sandman pull a Sabu and get himself fired. He was relegated to jobber status on ECW, so he'll be relegated to jobber status on Raw. Pretty much between Visc and the Sandman, you're swapping crap for crap.

Bob Holly to Smackdown: Yay, he's no longer Hardcore. Good news is, it keeps any possibility of a world title off of Bob Holly. That ECW title situation scared me, and now we don't have to worry about that little problem. Still, another heel to Smackdown...

The Miz to ECW: So does anyone care about the Miz. Hopefully they put him with Matt Striker so I don't have to skip out of two segments of ECW.

Daivari to Raw: So lets move 3 cruiserweights away from the cruiserweight title, and leave only 2 on the show that has the cruiserweight title. Daivari and Khali must have some sort of issues to keep them away from each other. Seriously, this is just dumb.

The Major Brothers to Smackdown: Hardy Boyz 2007 are going to the show that one of the Hardy's is supposed to be on, yet is never there because he's on the other show, even though brands are supposed to be exclusive. I think this is a good move. ECW doesn't need tag titles. There isn't enough time to warrant the development of a tag division on ECW. The best move they could do is bring back the Hardcore title for ECW. The Majors will help out Smackdowns recently depleted tag scene.

William Regal to Raw: What Mr. Regal wants, Mr. Regal receives. I don't understand the move myself. He was in a good situation on Smackdown beign with Taylor and Finlay. The only thing that could come good out of this is maybe he gets into a match with Cena and we have a repeat of Regal/Goldberg from Nitro about ten years ago.

Victoria to Smackdown; Why take a womens wrestler off the show for the Women's Title. This doesn't make any sense, unless Victoria wants the move, or th eWWE is trying to get her to go away. Another dumb/questionable move.

Jillian Hall to Raw. Good move. Hall really deserves a chance to shine on Raw with the women's strap. Some of the stuff I've seen of her puts the rest of the Women's roster to shame, except for James. So here is my shot at the "Candice Michelle Improving thread". Watch a Jillian Hall match and then you'll see waht a women's wrestler should be. The only thing Candice Michelle has been improving, is the ratings of the other channel I flip it to when her matches are on.

Eugene to Smackdown: Get the circus clown off of Raw I suppose. Honestly, I hope for Nick Dinsmores sake that the gimmick is dropped. He's a damn fine talent that I think can really do wonders for Smackdown, if he is given a damn chance.

Nitro to ECW: Good move. Quite frankly, I'm not impressed with Nitro myself. I find him boring and stale. A good gimmick change and a chance to fine tune his skills on ECW would probably work wonders. I see a CM Punk/Nitro feud going into Summerslam. Benoit can really teach these guys a lesson.

So overall Draft Review:
Raw: The Good: I get Cena/Lashley/Snitsky all on one show, which makes it that much easier not to watch, thank you WWE. Plus Jeff Hardy stays on this show, which puts to rest any chance at a world title, and squashes that pesky ECW championship rumor.

The Bad: Regal/King Booker/London/Kendrick Welcome to Jobber Status. See that line over there, go wait your turn in the "Get Fed to Cena" Line.

little_shop_horrors_xl_01.jpg

The Ugly: Mr. Kennedy getting the royal shaft treatment. How in the Hell did the WWE fuck this up royally. He was set for a monster push against Edge, and they dropped the ball. Yay he gets to work an angle with Triple H when he comes back, yippie. Another way for Triple H to say He made someone he didn't, this is a bullshit move.

Smackdown:
The Good: Edge is still World Heavyweight Champion.

The Bad: Matt Hardy and Ric Flair are the only faces left on the brand, which if Edge retains, means we're probably stuck with a shitty Hardy getting his ass handed to him by Edge all summer.

The Ugly: The whole damn draft for Smackdown: I teased the heels. Khali/Masters/Dysktra/Holly all coming aboard whcih I think means taht Batista is getting the strap at Vengeance, which means we'll have the Shockmaster become a Super Cynical Bastard, and probalby lose what shred of faith I have in the WWE completely.

ECW:
The Good: Chris Benoit comes on board, in a just world will get the ECW world title, and be the man that helps guide the younger guys along to the next level. Very good move.

The Bad: The Miz will probably get more air time, which is just wrong.

The Ugly: The inevitable S&M tag team of Viscera and the Boogeyman sucking ten minutes of life out of teh beginning of each exciting episode of ECW on Sci-Fi.

I think ECW is now the show to watch. One of the positives of the ECW show, is that the World Title is booked strongly. I doubt you would see the champ jobbing to K-Fed on ECW. Probably because all the ''big'' stars are on Raw. But anyway the title is always book really well. Obviously the champions have sucked most of the time but thats besides the point.

Chris Benoit to ECW is a masterstroke. Think of all the good work he'll do over there. A feud with Punk will be awesome for one. But imagine the fine tuning he can do to the likes of Burke, Striker, Nitro & Cor Von? There's almost a year of solid feuds for Benoit over there. And when he's done Punk will be ready for a title run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back