[Official] Draft 2007 Discussion

ok first off they should have done a better job moving wrestlers around in the 2007 draft
Raw needs more powerhouse entertainment and they lack main event wrestlers

Ecw i think should have won the battle royal to put more depth on the roster so they could extend the show to 2 hours and bring back the other ecw titles
Ecw hit the jack pot with chris Benoit that was a huge +++ i think they should have picked up umaga kept bobby lashley although he will do great on raw just like Ecw. i think Kane would have been a nice pick for Ecw also he doesnt play much of a role on smackdown i would like to see vintage kane with a touch of sadistic and evil like the he was in the past.

Smackdown really wasnt in need of any one they have alot of main-eventers on there roster but i think the tori wilson pick was a huge waste. if anything i think they got it right with chris masters give him a chance at a few title shots. i would like to see chris master more of a feared wrestler like a power house like bobby lashley he has the potential to be one and a great heel as well. i also would have liked to see the wgtt switch brands with london and kendrick. im thinking the matches london and kendrick could bing back the tag team titles in amazing and i mean probally some of the best tag matches ever. last for smackdown i think kenny [spirit squad kenny] would have been nice on smackdown teaming up with mvp because they are both known for athleticism [the cheerleader and the mvp] i could picture a dominant tag team on smackdown.

now raw on the other hand like i said needed the main eventers. mr. kennedy+++
Lashley+++
king booker+++
snitsky---- was a minus a bad choice hes is a joke on the pime time shows like SD! and raw keep him at ECW build up his charachter get him a few title shots he does not fit on the raw roster if anything he will be kinda of a mix between umaga very fast matches unbeatable not a maineventer and a khali kind of type feared. the only wrestlers i see beating him would be lashley hhh hbk cena kennedy king booker. no one else i believe raw should have took finlay he would have been awsome in ecw or raw just think he isnt used his role sucks at sd! its time for a new home go to raw this is my thought on the draft my opinion is it was ok hopefully the supplemental draft will work out better than this one.

i know smackdown got hit hard in this draft but i think things will trun out better in the supplementary draft and maybe when Rey mysterio comes back from injury or maybe when chris jericho god i hope to god return to smackdown and feud with edge omg that would bring back the good classic wrestling in the SD! brand
-Jon Gaff

As much as i dont agree with how Smackdown keeps getting screwed every draft the moves from smackdown where for the best because benoit was being underused as a great technicall wrestler. Atleast on ECW he can showcase his talent and cary that brand. Kennedy needed to move to Raw as much as i hate to see him go he has a lot of skill on the mic and on SD he just doesn get enough promo time but on raw he will. Booker thank god you are gone that "King" gimmick makes me sick. If booker or kennedy didnt move SD would have dominated all because with the return of the undertaker and Rey mysterio there would have been way to much main event talent on SD!.

I would have personally liked to see Kennedy fued with edge for the title before he left, that would have been a great match(Edge is carrying alot of wrestlers in matches these days) or even moving orton to SD an a triple threat match or even a loser leaves SD match with the winner facing edge for the title and the loser leaving.

Boogeyman's character itself has potentiall hopefully he and thorn could join together and maybe Kane comin ova and they can fued with the fallin apart new breed.

Will someone get Khali off TV he makes me sik. they talk him up as an undefeated giant before facing cena but they forgot to mention in his previous tenyer in SD Taker beat him in a last man standing match and suddenly the next week they changed it to he has neva been pinned or made to submitt. Wats he gonna do on SD beat up sum cruiser weights big deal. They will probably fued him with mark henry so Henry has summit to do.

WWE.com has posted an updated article about the supplemental draft that will take place at noon ET tomorrow afternoon. The article states the draft will last for four hours. Either a lot of superstars will be switching brands, or they are just trying to draw as much traffic as possible.

4 hours? Fucking hell. That's what I thought was wrong with Mondays Raw. They made it longer than it needed to be. They could just post who's been drafted on Sunday. Half an hour or less is all that's needed.

what's the diffence between the supplemental draft that's going to happen tomarrow and the Draft we had last monday?, are they actuelly going to get picks (by picks I mean do they get to pick who they want or at least6 draw a superstar like they have down in past drafts) in this one or what, and will they be allowed to trade picks/wrestlers, I wish they would explain how a "supplemental draft" works

as for the draft that happened this past Mon., I only have two problems with it, 1-Torrie Wilson to SD!, what the fuck kind of horseshit is that, there is absoultly no reason for her to move to SD!, in fact I don't even remember the last time she had a meaningful role on WWE tv, I don't count her time with Carlito cause that was pointless and led nowhere for either one of them, 2-Kennedy to Raw, why? why? why?, I don't get this move at all, they had a sure thing in a Kennedy/Edge feud and they just through it away, that was the feud I was looking forward to the most and now it's just been crumpled up and through in the trash, what sucks even more is that now another good wrestler is going to be feed to the machine known as Cena, Kennedy will get a title shot, go after Cena, and when Cena beats him and their feud is all done Kennedy will be buried in the Mid-Card, instaed of being on top where he belongs, those are my two biggest problems with what happened Monday, I don't think SD! got shafted as bad as everybody thinks, the addition of Ric Flair could do alot for that brand, the biggest thing is the backstage advice he could give to all the new younger guys coming in, and lets remember that SD! is the B-show, and that befoer the draft they basically got a free pick when Edge jump over to cash in the MITB, so SD! isn't to bad off, let's wait and see what happens before we criticize to much

2-Kennedy to Raw, why? why? why?, I don't get this move at all, they had a sure thing in a Kennedy/Edge feud and they just through it away,

It would have been a good feud. But what would he have done next? Kennedy has gotten victorys over pretty much everyone on Smackdown. Other than facing Edge there was nothing left for him to do. Personalyy I think he will get lost on Raw. I also agree that he will get fed to Cena. I see him having a title run. Just not a good one. I see him having reigns like Edge's first two. He should have gone to ECW. That way they can build him up like that did Lashley.

Kennedy to ECW is just a waste of his talent. I agree that he should not have stayed on SD because he has beaten evryone. The edge kennedy fued was one i think everyone wanted to see and probably will happen later on down the track but sum1 needs to put Cena down.

I wanna see at vengeance either orton or foley win the title, even though realistically orton title hopes are ruined for this Year any way. Foley should win orton and cena should have a long rivalry untill HHH comes back just please get him away from the title picture

Hmmm... I like that draft pick actually. Now, Kendrick and London can display their skills on the big stage. Also, unless the Hardys get drafted to another brand, those two teams could have an AMAZING feud. The only thing is, RAW is getting all the good drafts. I should've known this. When your two struggling brands need it the most, you give it to the flagship program. They should have either stayed on SmackDown! or gone to ECW.

I dont see the point in moving Kenny. It's not like he's done everything he possibly can on Raw. He's only really feuded with Ric Flair. There's plenty of other things he can do. To me it just seems like there moving him for the sake of it.

I'm glad London & Kendrick have been kept together. I still think there's plenty left for them to do. I'm looking forward to the L & K vs. WGTT feud. If they eventually go that way. I cant see them working well with Cade & Murdock though.

Viscera to ECW is no big deal as far as I'm concerned. I dont watch Heat or ECW so It wont make any difference to me. He's only there to fill up roster space. They will probably have him in a mini feud with Benoit. Purley because it looks ''impressive'' when you beat up a fat ass.

Dear oh dear oh dear, what the hell just happened? The Sandman has gone to RAW, that leaves like 2 originals at ECW I think. This is a bad move, RAW will gain nothing from this, the Sandman will gain nothing from this and ECW will lose a lot from this. Seriously, what's the Sandman going to do on RAW? He'll get buried there, if he ever competes, I think this is a sign he's on his way.

I hope Smackdown drafts Kevin Thorn. ECW's roster is gettin a big trim tho as of right now. I'm goin to the SD/ECW show in the YO in August. Thorn's my dude. I hope he gets drafted to a show where he can do more.

The next pick is The Miz to ECW....
i see this move pointless, Miz is not having a push anywhere, and i dont see anybody feuding with him, The New breed?? they are feuding with benoit and Punk, Sandman is on RAW now, so i guess Miz is going to feud...Stevie Richards? LOL!
BTW, This SD "rape" only makes me think of a HUGE pick by SD. And believe me, I'll be laughing my ass off if "The Champ" is drafted to SD!

The next pick is The Miz to ECW....
i see this move pointless, Miz is not having a push anywhere, and i dont see anybody feuding with him, The New breed?? they are feuding with benoit and Punk, Sandman is on RAW now, so i guess Miz is going to feud...Stevie Richards? LOL!
BTW, This SD "rape" only makes me think of a HUGE pick by SD. And believe me, I'll be laughing my ass off if "The Champ" is drafted to SD!

I think it might be smart for The Miz to recreate an ECW original gimmick. He would benefit a lot from getting squashed on TV for a couple months and then finally get a win just like the loveable underdog Mikey Whipwreck. I'm not saying have him contend for the World title but if we do ever see another belt created for ECW, he could contend for that. I don't totally hate the pick

The Major Brothers moving to SD! to replace the recent departed London and Kendrick. I'm guessing this is the next opponents for Deuce and Domino for the WWE Tag Team titles which could happen as soon as Vengeance.

The Sandman (to RAW)
Bob Holly (to Smackdown)
The Miz (to ECW)
Daivari (to RAW)
The Major Brothers (to Smackdown)

All pretty pointless. I suppose The Sandman has done all he can on ECW so It's not a bad dcision. But all the others had potential feuds left. Holly had only been on ECW for about 8 months. And he'd only just come from Smackdown. Why not send him Raw?

Likewise The Miz has only really feuded with The Boogeyman. He'll never get a proper push so I dont care.

Daivari to Raw? Just release him. He's moved from Raw to Smackdown to Raw to Smackdown to ECW to Smackdown to Raw. In only 2.5 years. They obvioulsy dont know what to do with him so get rid.

And the Major's have been on ECW for what a month? Completley pointless move.

Well Jake, i dont want to spam here, but it was you the one who wanted Regal on RAW???
Now, i support the idea also, great move by RAW i guess, i just hope Regal dont start to appear on heat. That would be the end. A feud with King booker would be cool, or maybe push for a IC title shot vs Santino Marellla.
so far, this supplemental draft is just OK.. nothing big...yet.

Regal to Raw isn't a shock. It's not a good or bad move. Personally I feel that he still has plenty to do on Smackdown. With all the young blood they appear to be getting I think they will need him. The Majors would benefit from being paired with vets like Regal & Taylor.

Also how come L & K & The Majors get moved as a twam but Regal & Taylor dont? And after the Deuce & Domino vs. Majors feud what other teams do they have? Nobody.

Victoria to Smackdown is possibly the most pointless move yet. Jillian to Raw yeah I understand that. Melina to Smackdown yeah sure why not. But Victoria, one of the only women in WWE who can work. Moved to the brand that doesnt have a womens division. Who do they expect to teach all the worthless women like Candice how to work? Certainly not Mickie James.

This whole supplemental draft has been a huge joke as they are not making any move to better Smackdown or ECW just the "flagship show" RAW. Only moves i saw that has potential and that is Regal to RAW as he and Santino can mix it up and him being buddies with Triple H would not suprise me to see Regal as IC champ soon.

London and Kendrick to RAW is good only if they get the tag team belts as a length feud with the WGTT would be awesome. Though if they dont get gold right off the bat i can see him main eventing heat very often

The rest of the draft is complete worthless as Victoria goes to Smackdown for what? No title and she was the only real creditable wrestler on RAW for women. Mickie is ok but no victoria. The rest of the moves please WWE has no clue what they are doing.

I feel like a fool for being optimistic about the draft. I honestly thought that the likes of Batista, Umaga, Finlay & Punk would get moved.

Doing it like this really takes the piss. WWE expect fans to think that wrestlers were properly drafted. But how come all the important drafts happen on T.V. It ruins all credibility for it in my opinion. WWE need to be more consistant with things like this.

Well, Dykstra to Smackdown, I thought at least was a very good move. He's obviously very talented, and with Raw getting more names, it would have been even tougher for him to get TV time. At least on Smackdown, he still has a good deal of exposure, and has a chance of showcasing what he can do.

I don't see the logic in moving Victoria to Smackdown at all. Next to Mickie, she's the best woman wrestler on the roster. I can't see the Women's Title being interpromotional.

Sandman to Raw pretty much signifies that he's now the designated jobber to the stars.

I could still see Umaga going to Smackdown. He's got absolutely nothing left to do on Raw, and he has unfinished business with Mysterio still.

ok Jillian to Raw is pointless now as with no Victoria there they she can compete with for a good match. Jillian will be nothing more than a trainer for Maria and others. She will job like you never seen before and prolly become Melina's new sidekick like Victoria was.

But to add what you said Jake, it has been tasteless and not worth anyones time and effort. Just as well have all the names in turner and pick them one at at time. Least that go faster but still worthless draft.

Jillian to Raw is a good decision. But it also highlights how bad a decision it was to move Victoria. Jillian vs. Victoria would be a pretty good match. I cant say I'm intrested in seeing Jillian vs. Mickie or Melina. Hopefully they make her the main player of the womens divison. I feel she's the most solid female wrestler on the WWE roster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back