• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Extreme Rules [Draft Energy Boost]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermit

the Frog
Luckily for this PPV, a whole other level of excitement just got added to it with the draft. What am i talking about, you ask?

Let's look at the matches and the affect that the draft played on them, and lets look at additional things the draft brings to the table.

Jerry the King Lawler & Jim Ross vs. Michael Cole & Jack Swagger

Nothing new with this one in particular; other than the fact that Jack Swagger got drafted over to Raw. This match should be interesting to watch simply for the fact of wanting to see Cole get pounded.

Swagger being drafted to Raw might signal for an extension in the feud, or maybe we will see the Swagger face turn that was teased a couple weeks ago.

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes - Falls Count Anywhere

With Mysterio going to Raw this is sure to be the final chapter in the current feud between these two. It'll be interesting to see who gets the push going into a fresh roster of faces on their respective show.

In my opinion, if you are ready to see Rhodes finally go over Mysterio then expect to be happy at the end of this match.

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk - Last Man Standing

Much like Mysterio and Rhodes, this match will close this feud with only one man left standing. It'll be interesting to see what involvement Nexus plays in this, as we have seen a small bit of conflict between Mason Ryan and CM Punk last week. In addition to this exciting variable, we will get to see who gets a push going into their own respective show.

In my opinion, this is completely up in the air. I guess it all depends on whether or not CM Punk is leaving, because it'll be curious to see if they will push him if he is.

Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio - Ladder Match for Vacant WHC

Wow, with Alberto Del Rio being drafted over to Smackdown some would say that the result is a given, or is it? (Read below for more info on that matter) Any fan who has watched wrestling for a few years will be watching this, if nothing else we will either get to see a long career in Christian finally obtain the WHC, or we will a hell of a shake up in titles.

Miz(C) vs. John Cena vs. John Morrison - Steel Cage Match for WWE Championship

This one will the most interesting. Alex Riley was drafted over to Smackdown in the supplement draft, (which is funny because i thought Alex Riley was independently employed by Miz). But could this draft of Riley be the nail in the coffin for the Miz, or will Miz finally have to man up after this Steel Cage Match if he retains.

This match has a lot of possible outcomes, and the list was extended even further with the draft.

Other Ideas

1. Both Mid-card titles are now on Smackdown. Sheamus was drafted over to Smackdown, so we will have to see if they send the mid-card title packing to Raw this Friday before the drafts actually take place May 2nd. If not, then maybe we can expect either Barret or Sheamus being placed in a quick Extreme Rules match to drop their title to a Raw Member. If none of these, then maybe this.

2. A Mid-card show, Smackdown, and a Main Event Show, Raw. Is it possible that this could happen. I saw someone post this in a thread, so all credit for the idea goes to him, but what if we finally see something like this. What if Alberto Del Rio wins out at Extreme Rules and carries over the WHC to Raw. This would be an interesting concept, and I'm willing to entertain the thought.

3. Mid-card Title unification. This will be interesting to watch for by what happens at Extreme Rules. If the Mid-card titles don't get switched over by May 2nd, then it will be interesting to see if creative goes through with this down the road (i don't think they will with Sheamus and Barret).

4. Trades. We have seen it before, for example: Lets say that that Alberto Del Rio wins and the Miz wins. Miz says he wants to be top dog on the show, so since Alex Riley is over on Smackdown, Teddy Long has traded for the Miz to come over. We could see this in a number of ways, and i wouldn't be surprised if they pull out one of these "trades" before it's all said and done.

There are probably even more things i didn't cover that the draft has brought to this PPV.

If you have any more thoughts or comments intertwined with the draft and the PPV then leave them here.

I agree with the Trades part I think it can happen Del rio wins whc then miz retains wwe championship and get traded to smackdown because alex riley is there. With miz as the top heel of smackdown while del rio top heel of raw which brings new rivalries for both brands. I might be wrong with del rio winning at extreme rules but its the safest bet for youth movement.

Christian deserves a major push and should win the World Heavyweight Championship, He could definitely be one of the top faces in SmackDown, providing that he gets a top heel to work with.

This is my input in the situation:

I think what should go down is have Christian win the World Heavyweight title, and have John Morrison win the WWE title, Morrison will then tease Miz and get Miz all angry, he then start talkin to Alex Riley....and as we know, Miz wants to be the top dog, Riley would then convince Miz to head over SmackDown since theres ess competition over there anld that Riley is over there.

SmckDown will be set, by having Top Faces (Christian, Randy Orton) and Top Heels (Miz, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes)

Then for Raw, have Alberto Del Rio feud with John Cena, and have CM Punk return to the title chase against John Morrison, this will elevate Morrison to a Top Face.....Tell me what you guys think

Christian deserves a major push and should win the World Heavyweight Championship, He could definitely be one of the top faces in SmackDown, providing that he gets a top heel to work with. This is my input in the situation, I think what should go down is Christian winning the World Heavyweight title, and John Morrison winning the WWE title, then Morrison get Miz angry that he's better than him....and as we know, Miz wants to be the top dog, and Alex Riley convinces him to head over to SmackDown, since there will less competition. SmackDown will be set, by having Top Faces (Christian, Randy Orton) and Top Heels (Miz, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes)....Then for Raw, have Alberto Del Rio feud with John Cena, and have CM Punk return to the title chase against John Morrison, this will elevate Morrison to a Top Face.....Tell me what you guys think

The only problem i see with your idea is the fact that they are building up a feud between Morrison and R-Truth. So by that i pretty much count Morrison out of winning this time around. He is just that filler. To be honest i see him getting to the top of the cage or to the door, and R-Truth coming out to knock him back in.

The only problem i see with your idea is the fact that they are building up a feud between Morrison and R-Truth. So by that i pretty much count Morrison out of winning this time around. He is just that filler. To be honest i see him getting to the top of the cage or to the door, and R-Truth coming out to knock him back in.

Well i think this could still work, look at it this way, Give Morrison the push resulting in winning the title, then have him feud with R-truth, since he took that title shot away from him in the first place....this will then have WWE new top stars....Del Rio and Cena will be a hit with or w.out the title, but for Morrison and Truth, they need a title to fight for in order to make that feud good.

Christian really deserves the World title, Edge comes out after he wins, and SmackDown needs another Top Heel, so Miz is the best option to be moved over.

Then WWE can push whoever when Money in the bank ppv roles around.

My Heart says Christian wins, My Head says ADR wins.

If Del Rio wins the World Title, then I could definitally see something happening where Miz gets traded to Smackdown. Shoot, you could have a loser leaves Raw Match between Miz and ADR on Raw the night After Extreme Rules.

Smackdown does need a major heel still. Sheamus, Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes are all good but Smackdown still needs that Alpha Male Heel. Hence why the Miz would move there.

On the other subjects, If there was ever a title Unification Match between the World Titles, the Champ would simply defend on Both shows like in the old days. There is no way Raw would be the Main Event Show while Smackdown became a Mid-Card Show. SyFy wouldn't allow it. SyFy expects Smackdown to be almost as good as Raw, therefore it needs a World Title Period.

To your other point, yes, the draft made this Sundays PPV even more unpredictable.

I forgot about Morrison. Morrison has been on the verge of breaking out for over a year now, espically with big moments at New Years Day Raw, Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber, and Wrestlemania. But he shot himself in the foot by snubbing Trish Stratus. I'm surprised WWE even put him in this match, but It's all just a set up to Have R-Truth cost him the title this sunday, and set up there feud where R-Truth WILL go over Morrison. Putting Morrison behind the eight ball as far as winning a World Title. Morrison's best bet is to Win MITB and wait, because Cena is gonna be Champ again soon and then drop it to ADR at SummerSlam after which Del Rio will have a nice long run with the belt.

Luckily for this PPV, a whole other level of excitement just got added to it with the draft. What am i talking about, you ask?

Let's look at the matches and the affect that the draft played on them, and lets look at additional things the draft brings to the table.

Jerry the King Lawler & Jim Ross vs. Michael Cole & Jack Swagger

Nothing new with this one in particular; other than the fact that Jack Swagger got drafted over to Raw. This match should be interesting to watch simply for the fact of wanting to see Cole get pounded.

Swagger being drafted to Raw might signal for an extension in the feud, or maybe we will see the Swagger face turn that was teased a couple weeks ago.

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes - Falls Count Anywhere

With Mysterio going to Raw this is sure to be the final chapter in the current feud between these two. It'll be interesting to see who gets the push going into a fresh roster of faces on their respective show.

In my opinion, if you are ready to see Rhodes finally go over Mysterio then expect to be happy at the end of this match.

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk - Last Man Standing

Much like Mysterio and Rhodes, this match will close this feud with only one man left standing. It'll be interesting to see what involvement Nexus plays in this, as we have seen a small bit of conflict between Mason Ryan and CM Punk last week. In addition to this exciting variable, we will get to see who gets a push going into their own respective show.

In my opinion, this is completely up in the air. I guess it all depends on whether or not CM Punk is leaving, because it'll be curious to see if they will push him if he is.

Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio - Ladder Match for Vacant WHC

Wow, with Alberto Del Rio being drafted over to Smackdown some would say that the result is a given, or is it? (Read below for more info on that matter) Any fan who has watched wrestling for a few years will be watching this, if nothing else we will either get to see a long career in Christian finally obtain the WHC, or we will a hell of a shake up in titles.

Miz(C) vs. John Cena vs. John Morrison - Steel Cage Match for WWE Championship

This one will the most interesting. Alex Riley was drafted over to Smackdown in the supplement draft, (which is funny because i thought Alex Riley was independently employed by Miz). But could this draft of Riley be the nail in the coffin for the Miz, or will Miz finally have to man up after this Steel Cage Match if he retains.

This match has a lot of possible outcomes, and the list was extended even further with the draft.

Other Ideas

1. Both Mid-card titles are now on Smackdown. Sheamus was drafted over to Smackdown, so we will have to see if they send the mid-card title packing to Raw this Friday before the drafts actually take place May 2nd. If not, then maybe we can expect either Barret or Sheamus being placed in a quick Extreme Rules match to drop their title to a Raw Member. If none of these, then maybe this.

2. A Mid-card show, Smackdown, and a Main Event Show, Raw. Is it possible that this could happen. I saw someone post this in a thread, so all credit for the idea goes to him, but what if we finally see something like this. What if Alberto Del Rio wins out at Extreme Rules and carries over the WHC to Raw. This would be an interesting concept, and I'm willing to entertain the thought.

3. Mid-card Title unification. This will be interesting to watch for by what happens at Extreme Rules. If the Mid-card titles don't get switched over by May 2nd, then it will be interesting to see if creative goes through with this down the road (i don't think they will with Sheamus and Barret).

4. Trades. We have seen it before, for example: Lets say that that Alberto Del Rio wins and the Miz wins. Miz says he wants to be top dog on the show, so since Alex Riley is over on Smackdown, Teddy Long has traded for the Miz to come over. We could see this in a number of ways, and i wouldn't be surprised if they pull out one of these "trades" before it's all said and done.

There are probably even more things i didn't cover that the draft has brought to this PPV.

If you have any more thoughts or comments intertwined with the draft and the PPV then leave them here.

I think the Cole heel persona finally ends here. With Swagger making a face turn. Especially with Raw being loaded with heels now.

I think with Mysterio being drafted to Raw Rhodes will win again like he did at Wrestlemania.

I think Punk will finally get a PPV win against Orton. Unless he is leaving the WWE.

The World title match is hard to call. It looks like Christan will win but the WWE has had both titles on the same show for a short time in the past after the draft. I think Miz will win his match and if Del Rio does win. I think it's possible Miz will get traded to Smackdown.

I'm sure either Barrett or Sheamus will lose their title to a Raw guy ar the PPV Sunday or soon after. Barrett losing the IC title to Kofi Kingston makes the most sense in my opinion.

Based on what happened with the way mark henry turned heel, the first thing that came to mind is they could be setting for a future World title match between him and defending new champ Christian.

As for the WWE Title, one of the first things I thought after Truth turned, was maybe they could be delaying a title match for him by one month, by having Morrison win, then putting up the belt for revenge on Truth

PS. Does anyone else think that since turning heel, it would be better served for R-Truth to be now going by his real name, Ron Killings? I think it's more heelish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back