Who should be drafted? When Should the Draft be?

TheFatManFromYoutube

Dark Match Winner
Ok, So i was thinking. Wrestlemania is in a couple months and with wrestlemania closing in so is The Annual Draft. The Draft Is supposed to be "A new start" for who ever is drafted. But personally i think having the draft in April is stupid. I figured being that "its a new start" for the star that gets drafted why not have it at the last episode of raw the year? Then they could have it were on January 1st all superstars had to go to their new brand. I just think it would be a lot more fitting to have the draft at the beginning or end of the year.

Now on to the main part of this. Who would you want to see drafted this year?
Here is my picks.(Smackdown gets more picks due to them having less talent)

SmackDown to raw
-Alberto Del Rio-Could really prove him self against the likes of Orton and Cena, or it could do the opposite effect. 0

-Rey Mysterio-Just to make it fair.

Drew McIntyre-HHH Wants him to be pushed, let HHH be the one to get him over.

Raw To smackdown
-The Miz. If he is going to prove him self as a main eventer he needs to get away from Cena and orton.

-John Morrison- He was getting a PHENOMENAL push until last years draft, i remember say, this guy is going to have the world title by the end of the year last year before his draft.

-Ted Dibiase-He could really prove him self on smackdown. Get away from Daniel Bryan and win the IC title.

-Michael McGilicutty-Same as ted, could really prove himself. The very minute i say him i thought he would make a great champion someday. Still Do, just not on raw.

-Justin Gabriel- Just to end nexus(even though i like nexus) and keep him from getting lost on Raws roster.

Smackdown got more for the reason of After the recent release, there roster has very limited wrestlers.

I don't think WWE is desperate for the draft although Smackdown could have a few changes. And this might be selfish, but I have tickets for the UK show in April and I hope the draft happens after that as i'm looking forward to seeing the likes of Orton, Punk, HHH, Sheamus, Miz and Jericho (as long as he returns to Raw and not Smackdown) and Maryse! So I wouldn't like any of them to be drafted.

RAW to Smackdown:

Sheamus-I think he would suit the SD scene much better and would look 10x better with the World Title. He could even wear the IC strap for a while...

John Morrison-Like mentioned above, JoMo was so much better on SD (Most likely due to booking). He can definately be a maineventer there.

Goldust-On SD he could easily fit into the main event/upper mid-card. Hell, you could even team him up with his brother Cody.

Smackdown to RAW:

Drew McIntyre-Have him fued with Triple H to get more over (ie. Sheamus).

Jack Swagger-Have him go after the US title. The All American American United States Champion!

Kaval-Put him in the US title mix or team him up with Evan Bourne.

So maineventers on RAW after draft:

CM Punk
Drew McIntyre
John Cena
Randy Orton
The Miz
Triple H
Wade Barrett

Mainteventers on Smackdown:

Alberto Del Rio
Edge
John Morrison
Kane
Sheamus
Rey Mysterio
Undertaker

The Draft in my opinion should be after Bragging Rights (make that be a main event survivor series type of match at Survivor Series). This would allow each brand to build their men up for the Royal Rumble and get them ready for Wrestlemania.

SMACKDOWN to RAW

Kane
Christian
Albert Del Rio
Rey Misterio
Jack Swagger
Dolph Ziggler
Rosa Mendes
Trent Baretta and Curt Hawkins (only split/combined tag team left on
Smackdown)
Beth Phoenix
Michelle McCool
Layla

Would like to set Albert Del Rio start and alliance with Rosa Mendes as his valet and utilize the Uso Brothers as his bodyguards.

Would like to see Rey Misterio team with Evan Bourne to take on Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater.

Like to see Christian turn heel and feud with Daniel Bryan

RAW to SMACKDOWN

Tyson Kidd
D.H Smith
Randy Orton
The Miz
John Morrison
Goldust
Ted Dibiase
Michael Migillicutty
Husky Harris
Wade Barrett
Ezikiel Jackson

I would like to see Ted Dibiase form his Millionaires Club with Husky Harris, Michael Migillicutty and Tyson Kidd. They could feud with the likes of newly teamed Goldust, Cody Rhodes, D.H Smith, and John Morrison. This will give all of these men an opportunity to get air time and develop storylines.

Raw is too crowded with faces in the main event- Have Randy Orton be the main face on smackdown feuding with the likes of Miz, Edge (build feud more) and Wade Barrett.

Undertaker could then get his revenge on Wade Barrett for taking him out.

Ezikiel is getting lost in the shuffle. have him challenge the Big Show.
Edge could eventually turn heel and feud with Morrison.

If you want to draw viewers to Smackdown, you move Cena or Orton over there. 2 biggest draws split between the 2 shows. That's how you build the business.

Also, if Undertaker is getting ready to end his career, you should move him back to Raw to end it out. You don't see guys ending their career on Smackdown unless it's by way of release.

raw to smackdown
miz-like everyone says he needs to get away from cena and orton

hhh-now i like having him on raw but vince wants SD to be the number one show so have hhh go over there and be the top heel.

evan bourne-this guy gets lost. he is a top contendor for the u.s championship but he isnt being used. have him go for the i.c title or team with kaval

john morrison-its not that he is not good on raw its just he aint going anywhere.

bellas-ok now the reason they need to go smackdown is so they can get released. smackdown=the release show

smackdown to raw
drew mcintyre-he is a future world champ should have him face orton and cena to get there.

dolph ziggler/kaitlyn-this guy has everything but the mouth after he dumps vickie for kailtyn let them both go to raw

smackdowns list is short i know

superstars going from raw to smackdown.

john cena- with orton, triple h, and john cena all on one brand there are going to be alot of guy burried on raw. i chose cena because theres no way in hell hunter will go back to smackdown and orton is just flat out better the cena.

ted dibiase- build him up there. he could have some big matches on smackdown. put him in the main event picture over on smackdown and let him develop a little more.

skip sheffield- hes a big guy. let him work on smackdown where i believe he would be used more. put him in the intercontinental picture and give him a little push. that back pack stunner he did as his finisher is pretty fuckin awesome.

david otunga- honestly i really dont like they guy but vince sees something in him. put him on smackdown to let him develop more because he does need alot more work. i really dont think raw is where he should be at this stage in his career.

zack ryder- he has alot of charisma and his in ring work isnt that bad. allow him to grow as a mid carder. he can have some matches with christian, kofi and tyler reks.

superstars from smackdown going to raw

kaval- team him up with evan bourne. i think they could make a good tag team. what i really like to see is a stable consisting of cm punk, daniel bryan, kaval, evan bourne, and matt striker. an all former indy team.

albert del rio- one of the best all around great talents that wwe has to offer. his mic skill are great and his in ring ability is amazing. make him a main eventer on wwe;s flagship show.

drew mcintyre- i like him alot. i would like to see him on raw. hes just someone i would prefer to see on raw because hes not being used great on smackdown.

chris masters- i think he needs to be utilized better. i think hes pretty good. i would like to see him one day be a big time player and i dont see that happening on smackdown. put him in the us title picture.

Just please, whatever you do, don't overload RAW. Send Cena to SD! HHH won't go to SD when he comes back. Having Cena on SD is the best thing they can do right now. Try to get SD back to the levels it was at in the early 2000's.

Unify the all the titles so there are only:

WWE World Champion
WWE Intercontinental Champion
WWE World Tag Team Champions
WWE Womens Champion
WWE Television Champion (threw this in there so there could be two mid card builder titles)

Get rid of the brand split and the draft altogether. They have run their course and do not work anymore. When they were instituted years ago the rosters were overloaded with talents and it made sense. Now it is no longer needed and it shows by the lack of original feuds and storylines and viturally no mid card storylines what so ever anymore. The rosters are so depleted now due either to guys just getting old and retiring or injury, and new stars are not ready to carry single branded shows. The best shows that the WWE have bee having lately are the 3 hours RAWs that have superstars from both brands on the one show and thats how it needs to be again. This would provide rating boosts from both RAW and Smackdown and provide the opportunity for new angles and feuds to come about. Everything wouldn't need to be or feel so rushed because stories could flow from show to show much better.

The draft doesn't take place at the end of the year because right after, in January, is the beginning of the Road to WrestleMania. WM supersedes any other part of the year for the WWE. The convenience of having January 1 start a new set of rosters means they'd have to sacrifice build up for their biggest ppv, but gain no real positive in the process.

On the discussion of the draft itself, it'll be like it always is....Raw will get a bunch of people and Smackdown will be used to try to carry on with a lighter bunch. This will result in the lower card wrestlers on Smackdown being bumped up and given pushes, which will then become null and void once the WWE drafts them back to Raw and forgets what to do with them lol.

The draft is hard to predict, even on a personal "what I'd like to see" level, without knowing their plans for WrestleMania and certain heel/face turns and such that they have in the works. Still, a general rule of thumb I tend to follow is "if they feuded, try to put them on opposite shows this time; if they haven't, try to put them on the same show". For instance, we've seen Sheamus feud with HHH, Orton, and Cena, so next draft, he needs to move away from them. He can still feud with Big Show, Undertaker, Mark Henry, Edge, Ezekiel Jackson, and a bunch of others. If someone like John Morrison is never going to receive a main event push on Raw, then move him to Smackdown. If you've got someone that serves no purpose but to show up once every so often and get beaten, like Chris Masters, then it doesn't really matter where he goes. So on and so forth.

Basically you have to look at the WWE Season like a season of television. Their season ends with Wrestlemania, there for a new season would kick in after WM, which is when they have the Draft. It makes sense.

Guys I would like to see and why

Orton to Smackdown - I have seen people say Miz or Cena but it's really not going to happen. Smackdown isn't live like RAW. Miz and Cena are a million times better on the mic then Orton so they could use the taped segments to make Orton look better.

Sheamus to Smackdown - He has to get a feud in with Undertaker for Taker hangs it up. This is a must.

John Morrison to Smackdown - Mainly because I just don't like him and Miz on the same show. You always have Miz out shining him.

Others could include Slater and Gabriel, and possibly DH Smith.

McIntyre - The guy is a future star so he needs to get the rub from Cena and HHH. He has some what of an IT quality but he needs to be groomed.

Christian - I would love to see a heel turn and let the guy shine. Only problem with him being on RAW is the fact that his heel gimmick reminds me a lot of the Miz.

Big Show - He is pretty well used up on Smackdown as an attraction. I can see him moving back to RAW as a heel possibly challenging people like Ezekiel Jackson maybe.

Others could include LayCool

Looking over the actual rosters for the first time in months I just got to say WOW they are really depleted. With 6 hours of TV a week plus 1 PPV a month you would think they would be filling their roster up a little more. There are plenty of veterans out there that could be used to help get the new guys over. Also I like the idea of WWE Hall of Famers being the ones to train the NXT guys more than using current stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back