Lee answers VideoGame questions

Best Pokemon game in the gameboy series? And best pokemon overall?

Gameboy: Red/Blue
Overall: Black/White. The story is second to none.

Your favorite style of video game? FPS? RPG? RTS? Other?

Either old school RPG (like 16 bit era), platformers or action adventure games (ala Zelda).

have you played heavy barrel yet, like I told you to

It was never released in the UK. I think I'll ROM it but I can't remember you telling me to play it, though I remember you posting the cover of the game.

Jet Force Gemini, A Shadow's Tale, Little Kings Story, Ico/Shadow of Collosus, Okami, System Shock, Dragon Quest (in the west) and Shining Force.

Also check out Soleil (Crusader of Centy in the USA) for the Megadrive. VERY under rated game.

Should sequal games in a franchise be accessable for all players to enjoy?

An example is: in order to really enjoy the story in a game like Metal Gear Solid 4, you pretty much need to play 1-3 before hand.

Yes and no. You don't want to allienate your major fans but that being said you want new fans.

I think Zelda does it best in that there aren't true sequels but they always reference things in the other games.

Imagine you bought MGS4 in 08 as an 18 year old. Should you really go back to play a game that came out when you were 8 to get the most out of it? No you shouldn't. Though that's why I think they're remaking so many HD games.

My exact thoughts.

You need to find a balance between making it accessable for new users to enjoy and hopefully pick up other games in the franchise, and having enough nods and similarities that people who are already following and playing the franchise can still enjoy.

I know Metroid other M was crticised for it but they did very well in explaining what had happened in the other games storyline wise.

Would you like a Pokemon Game with all the series merged?
A game that you could play in Kanto, Johto, Shinno, Hoenn and Unova and have all the pokemons...

Like a:
Pokemon - Amolite (or something lol)

Would you agree with IGN's recent opinion that VG character design in the east has devolved, what with all the Commander Sheperd/Cole from inFamous/Baldur lookalikes? Or is this just a passing trend that'll change again in 5 years?

Would you like a Pokemon Game with all the series merged?
A game that you could play in Kanto, Johto, Shinno, Hoenn and Unova and have all the pokemons...

Like a:
Pokemon - Amolite (or something lol)

The plural for Pokemon is Pokemon, no s. It annoys me when people do that.

I'd love a multi region Pokemon. It would be good to go back through the regions, though would it be able to be done on a cartridge? Maybe on the 3DS.

Would you agree with IGN's recent opinion that VG character design in the east has devolved, what with all the Commander Sheperd/Cole from inFamous/Baldur lookalikes? Or is this just a passing trend that'll change again in 5 years?

It's a passing trend, it happens all the time in gaming. Though it was quite an interesting article that I didn't really notice until they pointed out. Though it seems to be the trend in Action Movies at the moment too.

Sorry Lee, but here in Portugal in the anime they say "Pokemons", so here you have my confusion :s

It's is not that weird, we portuguese like to translate every piece of english word and the anime is dubbed...

Another question, do you know the name of the game from Zelda that had the four stations (Winter, Fall, Summer and Spring, assuming that you don't know of course lol) as their principal theme?

It's is not that weird, we portuguese like to translate every piece of english word and the anime is dubbed...

Another question, do you know the name of the game from Zelda that had the four stations (Winter, Fall, Summer and Spring, assuming that you don't know of course lol) as their principal theme?

Oracle of Seasons on the Gameboy

Oracle-of-seasons-comparison.png

Yes, thank you :D
What you think of the game? I found it very confusing, but then again I was only 10 years old when I played it for the first time and my english was 0 x)

It's good, as is Oracle of Ages. Was really the last hurrah of the GameBoy but aside from the time/season element it wasn't too disimilar to the far superior Links Awakening.

Do you think Nintendo/GF should do a proper console version of the Pokemon games? I do but I dont think they will.

I didnt enjoy XD or the GC versions.

So if I wanted to start to play Zelda, what game do you recommend?

Link to the Past (SNES). It's when everything you know about Zelda came into the games.

Do you think Nintendo/GF should do a proper console version of the Pokemon games? I do but I dont think they will.

I didnt enjoy XD or the GC versions.

I think the appeal is more playing it on a handheld than a console. They won't do it as they want peopel to buy the handhelds "Oh I can only play a proper Pokemon game on DS, I better buy one then" Just look at when BW came out, DS sales rocketed that week and it was a five year old console!

Барбоса;3230559 said:
How different are the dungeons in OOT: Master Quest?

I've had a copy of it for a while but have yet to play it

Not much difference, just a lot harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back