Lee answers VideoGame questions

I've played all three but not a substantial playthrough. Seem pretty good and I like the way ME2 plays with ME1

I would love a remake of Zelda 2. I think this is shat on unfairly a lot of the time as it doesn't fit in with the rest of the series.

I'd like to see a sequel to Jet Force Gemini and really crack on with the multiplayer.

If you're going old school a Cool Spot sequel would be hilarious, give it a gritty reboot :lmao:

Zelda 2 rocks the clit. I was well behind all my friends with consoles as a child, my first machine was a 16k Speccy, first console an Atari 2600 while most of my friends had Master Systems and shit like that, picked up a Nes with Mario 3 in a Norweb shop for 30 quid a couple of years after the SNES came out...

Anyway, Zelda 2 was the third game I got for my NES, Never even got past the second dungeon, man I sucked, but then again I didn't understand the levelling as a kid. Been playing it recently, did some grinding before the first dungeon and completely bitch-slapped it. Lovely stuff. Have you seen some of the various fan projects kicking around for Zelda 2? Like the attempted 3ishD remake and the Zelda 2 FPS?

Cool Spot should be left well alone in my opinion. I mean, wasn't he basically concocted from the Virgin logo? Also I always thought that game handled like shit. You know, like wading through a septic tank. In thick woolly pants.

What's your favourite N64 game that wasn't made by Rare?

No, hence where I said not a substantial playthrough.

Played them at a friends.

Cool Spot should be left well alone in my opinion. I mean, wasn't he basically concocted from the Virgin logo? Also I always thought that game handled like shit. You know, like wading through a septic tank. In thick woolly pants.

It was a joke. Coolspot was from 7up.

What's your favourite N64 game that wasn't made by Rare?

Ocarina of Time. But if you're including not by Nintendo then probably No Mercy or Rogue Squadron.

Do you agree with games (and DLC on a temp basis) being exclusive to one console?

Which exclusive game from another console would you like to be made for your console of choice?

It was a joke. Coolspot was from 7up.

Aaaah, y'know you learn something new every day!

Ocarina of Time. But if you're including not by Nintendo then probably No Mercy or Rogue Squadron.

All shit-hot games. In terms of features and gameplay No Mercy still hasn't been beaten to my mind. Rogue Squadron was just a fucking revelation, I mean there weren't many good star wars games on consoles before that one, and the Battle of Hoth had never been made playable in such an epic fashion [Fuck Shadows of the Empire, that game was evil, nor can you really count the Vektor Grafix Empire game] before Factor 5 worked their magic. I reckon Rogue Leader is probably one of the best games on the GameCube, too.

Ocarina of Time is my favourite game of all time. My gaming golden years were on the Amiga and N64, thus I also love old Point and Click 'em Ups like Monkey Island.

You played any of Telltale's recent point and click offerings? I played a fair chunk of Tales of Monkey Island, it was good but a bit easy, and perhaps a little too fan-servicey. Back to the Future seems to have a similar lack of difficulty, but it makes a damn good sequel to the Trilogy.

1) Name a game you thought was out of place on a console because of whatever (i.e. I still think Okami would've been bigger if it was for the Wii originally)

2) Has there ever been a character that if they were on another game, it would've made said game better for you?

You played any of Telltales recent point and click offerings? I played a fair chunk of Tales of Monkey Island, it was good but a bit easy, and perhaps a little too fan-servicey. Back to the Future seems to have a similar lack of difficulty, but it makes a damn good sequel to the Trilogy.

No I haven't though Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure is a greta point and click. Made by Capcom for Wii.

Do you agree with games (and DLC on a temp basis) being exclusive to one console?

DLC no, games yes. I can understand buying consoles for exclusive games becaue that's the way it's always worked but for DLC it just seems a bit weird. If you're a fan of a series and the game's on your console, why should you miss out on 100% experience?

Which exclusive game from another console would you like to be made for your console of choice?

3D Dot Game Heroes for PS3 to head over to Wii.

I'd love to have seen Epic Mickey on PS360.

Serious ones now.

1) Do you think the gaming business has become oversaturated by FPS games and have tossed aside from the mainstream more iconic games? Games like SMG2 and Sonic Colors still get their recognition, but in my eyes, that's only in the minds of long time, devoted gamers only.

2) The ever evolving marketing of gaming has let us to a generation were your controller doesn't always come with the standard "handle and buttons" scheme and has introduced more unique control schemes like the Wiimote, the PSMove the Kinect and the upcoming WiiU control. Are the old school control formats at risk?

1) Name a game you thought was out of place on a console because of whatever (i.e. I still think Okami would've been bigger if it was for the Wii originally)

Okami wouldn't have done better if it was on Wii originally. It was an action adventure game about a wolf that came out the same time as Twilight Princess. It would have done worse on Wii in 2006.

Games out of place on a console? Madworld on the Wii. Far too violent for that console.

2) Has there ever been a character that if they were on another game, it would've made said game better for you?

Good question, I can't think of one but if I do I'll tell you :)

Better game: Mutant League Football, or the original NFL Blitz?

Mutant League Football.

Serious ones now.

1) Do you think the gaming business has become oversaturated by FPS games and have tossed aside from the mainstream more iconic games? Games like SMG2 and Sonic Colors still get their recognition, but in my eyes, that's only in the minds of long time, devoted gamers only.

the mid 80s-90s we had platformers saturating the market, mid 90s we had beat em ups, late 90s we had JPRPGs. It's just a thing that happens. The industry moves on but Mario still sells games (20 million + for new super mario bros wii).

2) The ever evolving marketing of gaming has let us to a generation were your controller doesn't always come with the standard "handle and buttons" scheme and has introduced more unique control schemes like the Wiimote, the PSMove the Kinect and the upcoming WiiU control. Are the old school control formats at risk?

Neh the Wii stil uses GC pads for quite a lot of games so it shows that people still want that option. I don't think old school controls are at risk.

Eboney I have it: I'd love to see Zant from Twilight Princess in something like Assasins creed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back