Ask tdigle The Questions That No One Else Will Answer

Did you miss me?

Maybe.

Please,

Answer me these questions three.......

Hows your day going?
Do you know anything about field hockey or sevens rugby?
Do you believe that Karl Marx is right to suggest that we are all being opressed by the assumed "bourgousie" and that we as the assumed "proletariat", should rise up and overthrow our oppressers, so we will finally be liberated and enlightened?

1) Good.

2) I know something about field hockey, but not a thing about sevens rugby.

3) Yes and no. Karl Marx, in my opinion, perfectly describes capitalism's consequences. But, I think he was wrong in predicting that we will inevitably head towards a communistic state of affairs. Why do I think this? Look at what critical theorists have to say, especially the Frankfurt School.

What do you think of Martian Scorsese?

Do you watch Dexter? If so what do you think of it?

1) Great director whose work since the 80s has been, for the most part, shit.

2) No, but I like Michael C. Hall.

Why does the toilet flush one way in Australia and another in USA? Is it something to do with hemispheres?[/quote[

Yes, although I can't give you the scientific explanation for this phenomenon.

When will it be ok to think Dakota Fanning is hot?

Hopefully never, although I'd say 16 if you're dead set on wanting to think she is hot.

Which day of the month is usually the best?

The 13th.

Why do all question type words start with a 'w'? Except for 'how' of course?

Good question that I have no answer to.

What is your favourite thing to do when you're drunk?

To make out with a consenting woman while simultaneously massaging/feeling up her ass. If there's no available, consenting women on the premises, then I like having a heart to heart with someone who will forget our conversation the next day. Also, I like to piss outside when I'm drunk.

I'm in the mood for something Russian. Any film suggestions TDigs?

Well, there's Night Watch and Day Watch, but you've probably already seen those. There's Russian Ark as well, but this isn't fantasy/sci-fi.

For a recent Russian horror film, you might want to check out Dead Daughters, even though I only found it to be mediocre. For modern Russian classics, you can't go wrong with Tarkovsky (The Mirror, Stalker, and Solaris). Kira Muratova's The Asthenic Syndrome was very well-received, even though I didn't like it that much. Also, if you can get your hands on any of these, I highly recommend them: Flights In Dreams And In Reality, Parade Of The Planets, and Of Freaks And Men.

Finally, although a little older, I highly recommend Andrei Rublev and Viy.

Well, there's Night Watch and Day Watch, but you've probably already seen those.

You'd think that, but actually I haven't seen Night or Day Watch yet. Been meaning to get around to that. Considering how much better Wanted was then I was expecting it to be, I imagine both of those would be pretty good. Not that Wanted was a good film, but it was certainly better than the mega-shitfest I was anticipating.

There's Russian Ark as well, but this isn't fantasy/sci-fi.

That's one of the films you used in the Stills thread, right? Sounds interesting. I'm not strictly looking for Sci-Fi/Fantasy though.

For a recent Russian horror film, you might want to check out Dead Daughters, even though I only found it to be mediocre.

I haven't heard very good things about it.

For modern Russian classics, you can't go wrong with Tarkovsky (The Mirror, Stalker, and Solaris).

I love Tarkovsky, just finished watching Solaris this morning for the first time in a long time (I saw it when I was sixteen and was probably too stoned to really get half of it), and it was so much better than my first impression. I've seen both Stalker and The Mirror (though it's been quite awhile since I've seen those as well, I'll have to watch them again), but that's it. I definitely need to seek out more of his work, have you seen Nostalghia? Any other films by him to recommend?

Kira Muratova's The Asthenic Syndrome was very well-received, even though I didn't like it that much.

I see it's been compared to Mike Leigh's Naked, only more disturbing. I though Naked was very good, so perhaps I'll have to see that one out. Half of the films we're talking about right now will likely be impossible to find a good torrent for though. I can't be bothered with paying $60 for a DVD (most of these are probably Criterions)

Also, if you can get your hands on any of these, I highly recommend them: Flights In Dreams And In Reality, Parade Of The Planets, and Of Freaks And Men.

Where exactly do you get your hands on these obscure films? Parade of the Planets sounds right up my alley, but I'd have no idea where to find it. Of Freaks and Men sounds bizarre.

Finally, although a little older, I highly recommend Andrei Rublev and Viy.

Andrei Rublev is directed by Tarkovsky, so that's going to be the first one I seek out probably. Viy sounds very interesting as well, the only reason I asked for a more modern film was because I was looking for something that maybe explores the same themes and tones as Solaris. Is it odd that his work reminds me of Kurt Vonnegut?

That's one of the films you used in the Stills thread, right? Sounds interesting. I'm not strictly looking for Sci-Fi/Fantasy though.

Yes, gorgeous film, but its real claim to fame is that it's one continuous shot.

I love Tarkovsky, just finished watching Solaris this morning for the first time in a long time (I saw it when I was sixteen and was probably too stoned to really get half of it), and it was so much better than my first impression. I've seen both Stalker and The Mirror (though it's been quite awhile since I've seen those as well, I'll have to watch them again), but that's it. I definitely need to seek out more of his work, have you seen Nostalghia? Any other films by him to recommend?

I've only seen his big four (Andrei Rublev, The Mirror, Stalker, and Solaris). There's another film that he's known for (I think), but the name escapes me at the moment. I'll get back to you on that one.

I see it's been compared to Mike Leigh's Naked, only more disturbing. I though Naked was very good, so perhaps I'll have to see that one out. Half of the films we're talking about right now will likely be impossible to find a good torrent for though. I can't be bothered with paying $60 for a DVD (most of these are probably Criterions)

Rapidshare is where it's at, man. That's how I got my hands on The Asthenic Syndrome. I wouldn't mind shelling out the money for the DVDs, but, it's pretty much impossible to find a DVD with English subs. Mike Leigh's Naked is one my favorite films, and that comparison has me scratching my head. They are both dark films, and they both have (to some extent) ne'erdowells as protagonists, but The Asthenic Syndrome is nowhere as talkative and insightful.

Where exactly do you get your hands on these obscure films? Parade of the Planets sounds right up my alley, but I'd have no idea where to find it. Of Freaks and Men sounds bizarre.

I bought Of Freaks And Men on DVD. The other two I saw at a Russian Film Festival they held at Johns Hopkins a year or so ago. I believe that Parade Of The Planets is on DVD (and thus on rapidshare), but, I think that was one of the DVDs I thought about buying then decided not to once I found out it had no English subtitles.

Andrei Rublev is directed by Tarkovsky, so that's going to be the first one I seek out probably. Viy sounds very interesting as well, the only reason I asked for a more modern film was because I was looking for something that maybe explores the same themes and tones as Solaris. Is it odd that his work reminds me of Kurt Vonnegut?

Tarkovsky's work? No. It's a good comparison. They deal with the same subject matter, but I think they go about it in two different ways.

Erin Andrews or Rachel Nichols, who do you choose for sex?

Generally speaking, white, American women suck. Hell, I can barely tolerate my current girlfriend; after this relationship is done, I'm sticking to Latinas, Russian women, and Persian women.

They're both attractive, though. But, if I sleep with someone, I have to like them. Thus, given that I probably wouldn't be able to stand either of them, I couldn't have sex with either of them on principle (I would have sex with Maria Menounos, though).

Terryworld, the photography book, is it wrong or right? If it's wrong/right, what's wrong/right with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back