Ask tdigle The Questions That No One Else Will Answer

Hey tdigs, any chance you can recommend your future spam section moderator a couple decent true crime books? Or are you not into such things?

Have you seen Benny's Video TDigs? Any good? What about The Seventh Continent? They're some of the only Haneke films I haven't seen yet.

I'm looking for a movie similarly grim and realistically disturbing as Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. Speaking of which, thoughts on that film? I had forgotten just how good it is. With Halloween passing it was time to take ol' Mikey out of my sig and replace him with a character even more disturbing.

Have you seen Benny's Video TDigs? Any good? What about The Seventh Continent? They're some of the only Haneke films I haven't seen yet.

The Seventh Continent is a good film. Benny's Video is all right. If you hated Funny Games, then you'd Benny's Video (that is, if you thought Funny Games was pretentious, then you'd think Benny's Video is just as bad, if not worse).

I'm looking for a movie similarly grim and realistically disturbing as Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. Speaking of which, thoughts on that film? I had forgotten just how good it is. With Halloween passing it was time to take ol' Mikey out of my sig and replace him with a character even more disturbing.

Really effective and disturbing film. I don't think there's anything quite like it. Some people say that The Honeymoon Killers is just as disturbing, but I have not yet seen that film.

You can try the following though: Deranged (1974), Angst (1981), H6: Diary Of A Serial Killer, and Murder-Set-Pieces (the Fright Flix version).

The Seventh Continent is a good film. Benny's Video is all right. If you hated Funny Games, then you'd Benny's Video (that is, if you thought Funny Games was pretentious, then you'd think Benny's Video is just as bad, if not worse).

I don't hate Funny Games. I wasn't big on the American version, but the original is a brilliant film. Don't let our argument about Aronofsky vs. Haneke make you think I dislike Haneke or his films, on the contrary I love Haneke. I just dislike his attitude about Americans, which really pisses me off. Typical European "All Americans are fat idiot pigs" stereotypical bullshit.

I've got some free time so I think I'll check out those two films. I watched 71 Fragments of a Chronology of Chance the other day and thought it was damn good. The more realistic the violence is, the better as far as I'm concerned.

Really effective and disturbing film. I don't think there's anything quite like it. Some people say that The Honeymoon Killers is just as disturbing, but I have not yet seen that film.

I'll have to check out that film as well then, never heard of it until now actually.

You can try the following though: Deranged (1974), Angst (1981), H6: Diary Of A Serial Killer, and Murder-Set-Pieces (the Fright Flix version).

I've seen Deranged and thought it was damn, damn good. Very similar to Henry or Maniac. I've heard both great and terrible things about H6, so I'm hesitant on that one, same thing with Murder-Set-Pieces. Never heard of Angst either, but I see it's Austrian. It's bound to be twisted then, isn't it?

I've seen Deranged and thought it was damn, damn good. Very similar to Henry or Maniac. I've heard both great and terrible things about H6, so I'm hesitant on that one, same thing with Murder-Set-Pieces. Never heard of Angst either, but I see it's Austrian. It's bound to be twisted than, isn't it?

The Lions Gate cut of Murder-Set-Pieces is horrible because it hardly features any of Fred Vogel's great special-effects (he's the head of Toe Tag Pictures and the guy behind the August Underground series). The script's atrocious, and the pacing is not all that good, but it's beautifully shot, makes great use of the Las Vegas strip, and has some really creepy moments.

As for Angst, I consider it to be one of the best horror films ever made. I found out about it when I read that it greatly influenced Gaspar Noe. It's extremely disturbing, as it's about a guy with a genuine and ineradicable urge to kill, nothing more, nothing less.

Please do.

345379-DSC_0241.jpg

Another two are being sent to you. I'll probably take this one down soon though, as this is my girlfriend's ex-best friend (I wish their friendship would have ended over me instead of the tool they were both sleeping with at the same time), and I'm playing with fire here.

Fuck you and your ruggishly handsome looks TDigs. Stop telling us how much better your sex life is.

I'll definitely be checking out Angst if it was a major influence on Noe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back