• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jan 4th- Monday Night Raw vs TNA iMPACT

Which federation won on January 4th?

• WWE is my favorite, and TNA came out the clear victor

• WWE is my favorite, and WWE came out the clear victor

• TNA is my favorite, and TNA came out the clear victor

• TNA is my favorite, and WWE came out the clear victor

• I like both equally, and WWE was the best show

• I like both equally, and TNA had the best show

• I hate both equally, and WWE had the best show

• I hate both equally, and TNA had the best show

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Change I cannot believe in. TNA really did nothing, in my opinion, to push their own stars and their own product. Great, they've got Ric Flair, over it. Ooh, they got Hulk Hogan, who cares! They brought in the Nasty Boys to help clear out the catering... so what!

What little I caught of the 3 hour show, flipping from Raw was nothing more than TNA pushing former WWE/WCW talent and nothing more. I don't care about Waltman/XPAc, Nash, Hall, Venus, Orlando Jordan or Shannon Moore either!

The focus should have been on their own talent, and if they wanted to use one specific former WWE talent, they should have spent more time developing the Jeff Hardy segment. He is the only real new talent they can probably use to help propel them as he was big time over in WWE. And of course, that is considering he doesn't flake out or end up in jail.

Now they're going to get rid of the 6 sided ring too! It's just a matter of time before Vinnie Mac owns TNA as well. Then you can forget about Hogan, Flair, Hardy, and all the others cause they won't have a home to go to.

if tna really wants to show vince mcmahon and wwe what they have then i suggest they have more wrestling less talking because that and commercials just ruin it. they got the talent but do they have the right management?. I'd like to see tna succeed and become bigger and bigger but i dont think they need hogan. its just crazy. and the way it went last night i feel like its a resurrection of wcw.

Ok listen up all you haters on TNA last night

I am sitting here and reading all of your posts and thinking to myself...Hypocrites! Okay now the IWC is really getting pathetic when people come out here and bash the product for not doing good enough or the WWE pg era stinks, well you know what it is the way it is and you have to accept it or dont watch it, simple enough.

I personally loved to see the hall, nash, waltman, hogan, bischoff promo in the ring because it was seriously awesome that they could get all of those stars back in the ring together one more time! I loved seeing TNA come up with so many big stars that were in WWE especially the insignificant Orlando Jordan who has so much talent!

HOGAN ISNT WRESTLING. Did you hear him last night people none of those guys will be wrestling unless they are in dire need of them to wrestle, like the company will go out of business if they dont!

TNA needed to do something big last night and they did! They brought in so many big stars and i think it is stupid when people say who cares about those guys when you all know that you marked out when everyone of them showed up, I know i did! TNA was legit huge last night

This is the wrestling business right now and if all you people are just going to bash it then dont watch it!

So I watch TNA once in a while, but more often than not I just read about it online. But I was genuinely interested in last night's show to see just what they might do to pull viewers away from RAW, especially considering they had the first hour unopposed to get you hooked. I gotta say, they failed miserably.

When I saw that the first match would be an X-Division Steel Asylum match I thought this is gonna be good. Instead, I got a match with too many people in it, inside of a huge red cage that was really only good for blocking the camera. Even Taz and Tenay were having trouble calling the match. And WTF is up with a cage match of any kind being called a No Contest because of a weapon??? That was a HUGE let down. Sure Hardy showed up at the end and did basically nothing, but I think there could have been better ways to showcase the X-Division than that. I liked someone's idea of a gauntlet match to determine the #1 contender. Have Hardy and Shannon Moore come out as surprise entrants and actually wrestle. Show off what the X-Division can do, instead of showing off a giant red cage that poor Homicide couldn't even climb out of.

Then we got a 5 min at best Knockouts Championship match that ended with a shot of the Steel Asylum cage again because someone on the censor board has a happy trigger finger.

Does anyone actually care if Bobby Lashley quits? Anyone?

So the oh-so-important first hour, we got 2 matches (one no contest and one 5 minute women's match), and a bunch of crap.

I also noticed that in the last 15 minutes of the first hour, there were a LOT of commercials. You'd think that they would want a really good segment to start about 10 minutes to 9 and run through the top of the hour with no interruptions. Instead we get shots of an apparently empty limo (since Hogan himself said he was in the back "all day") and some cop cars. And what's with the "we're back from commercial, oh wait no we're not. Gottcha" moments spread all through the night?

Was that NWO music Hogan came out too?

The Knockout's tag title match was a pretty good match. Finally some decent wrestling.

Oh boy, another tag match to determine the #1 contenders. Cool. Oh wait. I blinked and missed the entire match. Oh well. On a side note, did anyone else notice that Bret Hart and Raven used the same stylist last night?

The Pope and Wolfe had a pretty good match too. Now things are picking up. Too bad the first hour sucked so bad that everyone is watching RAW by now.

Abyss and Samoa Joe was another pretty decent match. While I'm thinking about it, what is TNA's fascination with giving EVERYONE a nickname of some kind? "The Monster" Abyss. "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe. "The Boss"??? Bobby Lashley. "The Professor" Mike Tenay. They even have to put "FTW" under Taz's name. Really?

Now the one thing I can't take much away from was the main event. AJ and Kurt worked their butts off and they had an excellent match. Apparently Flair didn't think so, cause he left right before the end. But the fans seemed to like it.

There were lots of "returns" and "surprises". None of them wrestled or did anything involving a match or current wrestler except Jeff Hardy. Who cares if Sean "don't call me Val Venis" Morley was in a towel. Like someone else said, if they had to jump away from Tara's butt crack, you really think they're going to show anything on strip poker? And does anyone in their right mind really want to see 300lb Saggs and 350lb Knobs wrestle Team 3D?

Sting was in the rafters watching Hogan. Hmmmm where have I seen that before? Flair shows up and goes into a dressing room (which we are later told was AJ's) and then shows up for the main event match, but leaves right before the end. The best promo man EVER and he doesn't say a word. But we got to see Foley try and get in the Impact Zone a half a dozen times.

Some things did intrigue me though. I'm still not convinced that Hogan will side with his old NWO buddies. I think he's going to kick them to the curb sooner rather than later. And they must have something in mind for Sting and Flair or why even show them on camera.

The biggest thing that will keep TNA's ratings down though is the fact that they aren't live every week. Now we get to wait 10 days until NEXT Thursday for the next original episode of Impact. But of course, we will all have already read what happens on WrestleZone, so why watch?

Man you only still have wrestling because of Hogan,Nash,Flair,Waltman,Sting etc. you need to quit being HATERS.. TNA yesterday was the more entertaining show........WWE is tired, there storylines arent any good thats why they have to get Guest Hosts every monday....Hogan wont be wrestling that much maybe four times a year tops and the TNA roster has more to proove and there Main Event last night was way better than RAW.......Oh and for the guy that was just watchin RAW and only flipped the Channel back to TNA now and again..Please save your opinions, You cant have any if you didnt watch both shows in there entirety...I did and thats why I feel the way I do.......:lmao:

Ok listen up all you haters on TNA last night

I am sitting here and reading all of your posts and thinking to myself...Hypocrites! Okay now the IWC is really getting pathetic when people come out here and bash the product for not doing good enough or the WWE pg era stinks, well you know what it is the way it is and you have to accept it or dont watch it, simple enough.

I personally loved to see the hall, nash, waltman, hogan, bischoff promo in the ring because it was seriously awesome that they could get all of those stars back in the ring together one more time! I loved seeing TNA come up with so many big stars that were in WWE especially the insignificant Orlando Jordan who has so much talent!

HOGAN ISNT WRESTLING. Did you hear him last night people none of those guys will be wrestling unless they are in dire need of them to wrestle, like the company will go out of business if they dont!

TNA needed to do something big last night and they did! They brought in so many big stars and i think it is stupid when people say who cares about those guys when you all know that you marked out when everyone of them showed up, I know i did! TNA was legit huge last night

This is the wrestling business right now and if all you people are just going to bash it then dont watch it!

Couldn't agree more. Watch it or dont.
I actually liked what TNA is doing. Putting big stars in last night all after and before matches, much hype. We all know that WCW ohhh I mean TNA will be boughtout by Vinnie Mac and WWE. So, maybe it will be Aj vs Evan who knows. If you dont like TNA or WWE then just dont watch it.

Hey thechristmascreature. You obviously don't like TNA, and have nothing good to say about them, but i bet you cheered Hall, Nash, Hogan, and Xpac back in wcw days. What you don't seem to realize is that if there is a more notable wrestling organization than just WWE then these guy's you seem to dislike so much wouldn't be has been's. Cause until recently there has been no place for these guys to stay active and in shape, and work a crowd on live tv. Vince Mcmahon thinks he can control the whole wrestling world and he is invulnerable to TNA. I think TNA has some great momentum to grow, and keep "has beens" that have not been in the spot light working. Just because Vince doesn't want them doesn't mean their not good performers. I would bet that back in the Val Venis day's in WWE you liked Val Venis. Who wouldn't? After all he was a good wrestler and he could work a crowd, and he can cut funny promos unlike DX. Then Vince decided he didn't like him, and dropped him like a bad habit. The TNA knockouts' can wrestle circles around the WWE divas. That was proven last night. The diva match on raw was grotesque. If you actually think DX is good and funny then you are just pro-wwe and nothing will change that. So if WWE dumps Cena, and Cena goes to TNA which would be the only logical place for him to go, you going to dislike him the also? If TNA wasn't around Cena or whom ever wouldn't have any place to go. We need both wrestling organizations to thrive and keep wrestling fresh. Stop the hating and watch both shows and boost the ratings.

We're hypocrites? All these TNA marks come on here and say they're sick of the "PG" era of the WWE. That WWE isn't "wrestling." Well, if you watched Impact last night, with the exception of and amazing match between Angle and Styles, there was hardly any wrestling at all. It was nothing but commercials and skits. Yeah, you heard me. If WWE had put a bunch of divas in a dressing room with Val Venis and had them play strip poker, it would have been deemed ridiculous by many. If the WWE put two over the hill fat asses in the backstage spray painting pictures, it would have been deemed ridiculous. If WWE would have kept Mick Foley out of the arena only to announce he's hosting a new show for the company, you would have said it was ridiculous. But that's what we saw last night. Quick commercials, one of the most ridiculous cage matches I've EVER seen, and enough WWE bashing to last two years. If you want to become a legit company, stop comparing yourself to another company and create your own identity. I watched that first hour WANTING to enjoy Impact. Instead, as a WWE fan, the first thing I heard was a bunch of fans, probably owners of a new gift basket, bash the WWE, even though Vince McMahon has done more for the profession than anyone alive. Yeah, I said it. You can sit there and say he did a lot bad things as well. But had it not been for Vince, wrestling or what he likes to call "sports entertainment" would be nothing. A Saturday morning show betwen two infomercials. It got so annoying. And the program in itself was so horrible that I was more than happy to turn Raw on as "watered down" as it may be. Hypocrites? Give me a break. That wasn't anything near what TNA once was. Speaking of which, where was TNA? It seemed to me that that last night was nothing but a WCW renunion show. I almost feel bad for the TNA originals who worked so hard to get the company up, only to be kept off for a couple of Nasty Boy skits. Give me a break. This anti-WWE shit is getting annoying. If you hate it so bad, don't watch it. Just like I stopped doing with TNA. Well, with the exception of when Angle and Styles wrestle, because that was the only part of that show that seemed to be "TNA! TNA!"

The Impact rating is in: 1.5

Oh my god! They blew WWE out of the water! What an incredible number for an incredible show! Seriously, with all the TNA fans praising and making claims like low 2's to 3's, I'm really looking forward to those same fans coming back and justifying how good the show was when they did a number that's almost the same as their best number to date. With 3 hours, with everything they pulled out to throw into this show, getting a 1.5 is a massive failure. I'm not going to say I told you so..

but..

It's a shame, really. TNA has some serious problems that need to be fixed before they can move forward, and time and time again they prove that they just aren't doing what's needed to fix those things and make their product better. It's disappointing, because I wish TNA could succeed and they have a great deal of good talent that's being overshadowed by the bad in the company that's holding it back. After all this and it's a 1.5.. ouch.

I think 1.5 it's normal if you think about it. They drew half more viewers than they usually do, that's a good sign, if RAW had a 4.5 rating it would have been great for them.

Ok, sure, you can say that with all the things they tried to do to bring some new fans they only had 1.5, but that's fine, they were wrong about trying to get 2 or 3, they would be idiots to think that would be realistic in the first night.

And after all, this first night that doesn't mean a thing if you think about it, they need to bring new viewers for NEXT show, not this one, fans watching last night may not mean a thing in the future for TNA, they need to bring a new audience that can be loyal to them . And I'm pretty much certain they will get better than 1.5 next week, because people will talk about Ric Flair, Hogan, Jeff Hardy, people that didn't even knew that Hogan would be on iMPACT! will be more willing to watch next edition of iMPACT!

And after all RAW only did 3.3, that's very bad for the night you bring back Bret Hart, isn't it?

The reason why they were cutting so many promo's in TNA show last night is to establish all the new talent they had signed. Most talent was good some weren't(nasty boys). But it doesn't take away from the fact that TNA has to do awesome to achieve the standards of a PRO-WWE fan. The promos were to instill in the minds of someone just browsing channels that used to love watching WCW back in the day and dislike WWE product cause it's stale, and hope that they catch a new watcher. It might seem like a WCW flashback, but these were the guys that made wcw pulverise WWE in the ratings for a very long time. They might have been out of sight, but not out of minds. TNA could have used a ton more of wrestling matches, but when you need to show the new talent they acquired in the last few days, it would have took a 5 hour show. But now at least people know what to expect in upcoming weeks with all the possiblities of matches with all the new talent.

TNA Impacts IMPACT ZONE is what makes TNA a joke

the fact that their ring is six-sided is comical (although im reading that it is finally going away)

the fact that 90% of their roster/tv talent are former WWE/WCW guys, and that is a fact. Don't sit there and try to tell me TNA has tons of young new guys, cuz they don't

in fact, i can count all their singles wrestlers that are "stars" that have never worked for WWE/WCW on one hand:

AJ Styles
Samoa Joe
Daniels
Suicide
Hernandez

everyone else is a joke, so wow, out of those , they have maybe built up 3 guys in 7 years of TNA that are just about household names

WOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOW, give me a break

TNA is nothing more than an organization for ex WWE/WCW guys that don't want the hassle of working 300 times a year, and don't like the travel, and thats the 100% truth. Nothing more, nothing less. Its a place where they can go and do their thing for almost the same money, and they don't have to work a lot and travel a lot. THATS THE BOTTOM LINE. If they can get a few kids and build them up, thats a bonus to them

they will never surpass the WWE, i dont' care who they have, what they have, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

the WWE can just put on a months worth of tv, and then have a Wrestlemania, and it would still top anything TNA could do, for a full freaking year

This TNA episode was above average. Great, even.

However, I have two massive complaints. Well, one, but one minor one.

1) What the hell was with that Big Lipped Alligator Moment of the random guy in black attacking AJ, then getting tossed out, and completely forgotten about by everyone? Presumably he beat up the other TNA stars (note, TNA stars, and not any of the former WWE or WCW stars [Rhino discluded because he was never a STAR in WWF]), in which case, what the hell even more?

2) Steel Asylum... TNA's version of the Elimination Chamber or the Hell in a Cell, minus the weapons and bloodshed. Or rather, the Elimination Chamber to the Lethal Lockdown as the Hell in a Cell...

ENDS IN DISQUALIFICATION?!?!?!?!

I will never let TNA live that down.

Last night I watched both RAW and iMPACT I Watched RAW last night maybe for 20 minutes just to see Bret Hart Back In WWE but I was more in to TNA last night because TNA I think has a better product then WWE and besides the guest host thing is getting real old really quick, and TNA has better wrestling I think WWE dose not have The X Division and for about 15 Minutes TNA had an nWo reunion of the 1st 5 men in the nWo in wCw I thought it was awesome to see that all of them still had magic with each other. and to have The Natch on iMPACT That will be a great thing to I have waited 9 years to see another match with Ric Flair and Sting Oh Yeah this is going to be great for TNA TNA TNA TNA.

Here's my issue: TNA essentially tried something new. Commendable, no doubt. However, what did they give us in their attempt to re-invent themselves?

Hogan, Hall, & Nash. Three guys way past their prime who are unlikely to see much, if any, ring time.

Waltman. Theoretically he can still go, but only has star power based on his association with the clique.

Jeff Hardy. In the middle of a drug investigation, has a history of no-showing and abandoning companies at a whim.

Ric Flair. Another guy past his prime and was given *the* sendoff in WWE. Will he wrestle? No idea. Can he contribute? Certainly. Was he well used in his "shocking" debut? Not at all.

Val Venis, Orlando Jordan, Shannon Moore & The Nasty Boys. Not much to say here that isn't obvious.

Mick Foley. I like Foley, I really do. But his point and place have been completely lost in this new regime.

They had a three live hour show, and what did they do to promote the talent they raised and grew on their roster? AJ Styles. That's it. AJ and Kurt put on a great match, and Kurt did the job. Awesome. But the rest of the show was about Hogan and friends. They decided to do the very same thing that WCW did. Take a bunch of older WWE guys and use that to shake up the company.

Only WCW did it when these guys were more than a decade younger, far more relevant, and had a bottomless wallet to do so. TNA used the strategy of throwing as much as they could at the viewer as possible, instead of cultivating and shaping. They chose quantity over quality and it showed. They had a lot of production problems and very little "meat" to the show.

This isn't hating on TNA. I want them to succeed. I want competition. I want to have them produce a great wrestling product. Last night wasn't it. This is pure critique.

the process is a slow build. all the wwe marks need to understand nitro didnt beat raw on their first night it takes time and won't happen overnight.

The Impact rating is in: 1.5

Oh my god! They blew WWE out of the water! What an incredible number for an incredible show! Seriously, with all the TNA fans praising and making claims like low 2's to 3's, I'm really looking forward to those same fans coming back and justifying how good the show was when they did a number that's almost the same as their best number to date. With 3 hours, with everything they pulled out to throw into this show, getting a 1.5 is a massive failure. I'm not going to say I told you so..

Raw got a 3.37. Raw averages around 3's. What this shows is that they did not get a ratings bump from Bret Hart.

I've never seen TNA get above 1.0's. And so, by getting a 1.5, that's 50% more people that their average. That's big for TNA.

50% more people tuned in to TNA on monday night than ever before.

Did Raw get a 6.0? Did Raw get 50% more people to tune in? No it did not.

If you really expected TNA to gain more ratings than WWE Raw, then you don't understand how ratings work. Honestly not one TNA fan on here thought it would beat WWE's ratings. Check the message board if you don't believe me.

I have a feeling TNA could put on the best product ever and you'd still be attacking it merely for NOT being WWE.

I dont' think TNA has much chance of lasting a long time. I think last night's show was really shocking, unpredicatable and really well done with great wrestling, drama, anticipation etc. and that momentum will continue for a while, but the whole nostalgia element to the 'change' is messed up by the fact TNA has no history. It has no classic PPVs or titles. I think if they could, Hogan & Bischoff would re-name it WCW and there lies the long term problem for me.

TNA is gonna be decent for a while, but with no history, the nostalgic effect of the old school guys can only last so long.

I really want Shiavone and a 4 sided ring before I'll be 100% interested too.

Raw averages around 3's. What this shows is that they did not get a ratings bump from Bret Hart.

I've never seen TNA get above 1.0's. And so, by getting a 1.5, that's 50% more people that their average. That's big for TNA.

50% more people tuned in to TNA on monday night than ever before.

Did Raw get a 6.0? Did Raw get 50% more people to tune in? No it did not.

If you really expected TNA to gain more ratings than WWE Raw, then you don't understand how ratings work. Honestly not one TNA fan on here thought it would beat WWE's ratings. Check the message board if you don't believe me.

If you think shoving WWE's ratings in everyone's face and saying "SEE WWE is still da best" you're clearly missing what this all truly means. And I have a feeling TNA could put on the best product ever and you'd still be attacking it merely for NOT being WWE.

Are you incompetent at math?

TNA has been doing above 1.0s for years now. They usually average 1.1 or 1.2s, aside from recently when their crap product has been losing viewership. I love the short term memory of TNA fans, or the way they want to twist the truth.. suddenly downplaying the ratings TNA Impact usually gets to a 1.0s to try to make this rating seem more significant. It's not, sorry to burst your bubble. It wasn't all that long ago that they were getting 1.2s.. which is not a big jump to 1.5, considering all the hype, all the build up, and Hogan's suppose ability to draw. It's a huge failure in my eyes.

And how, regardless of the truth I just gave you, is a 1.0 rating going to a 1.5 a 50% increase? What the hell are you smoking?

I'm not shoving any WWE rating into people's faces, because there isn't a rating that's come out yet for Monday Night RAW. And I'm not even a fan of WWE or their product right now.. but I'm certainly not clueless to the crap product TNA is, either.

Are you incompetent at math?

And how, regardless of the truth I just gave you, is a 1.0 rating going to a 1.5 a 50% increase? What the hell are you smoking?

::sigh::

What's half of 100 percent(1.0)? 50 percent(.5).

What happens when you add 50 percent to 100 percent? 150 percent.

What the hell are you talking about?

Here's my issue: TNA essentially tried something new. Commendable, no doubt. However, what did they give us in their attempt to re-invent themselves?

Hogan, Hall, & Nash. Three guys way past their prime who are unlikely to see much, if any, ring time.

Waltman. Theoretically he can still go, but only has star power based on his association with the clique.

Jeff Hardy. In the middle of a drug investigation, has a history of no-showing and abandoning companies at a whim.

Ric Flair. Another guy past his prime and was given *the* sendoff in WWE. Will he wrestle? No idea. Can he contribute? Certainly. Was he well used in his "shocking" debut? Not at all.

Val Venis, Orlando Jordan, Shannon Moore & The Nasty Boys. Not much to say here that isn't obvious.

Mick Foley. I like Foley, I really do. But his point and place have been completely lost in this new regime.

They had a three live hour show, and what did they do to promote the talent they raised and grew on their roster? AJ Styles. That's it. AJ and Kurt put on a great match, and Kurt did the job. Awesome. But the rest of the show was about Hogan and friends. They decided to do the very same thing that WCW did. Take a bunch of older WWE guys and use that to shake up the company.

Only WCW did it when these guys were more than a decade younger, far more relevant, and had a bottomless wallet to do so. TNA used the strategy of throwing as much as they could at the viewer as possible, instead of cultivating and shaping. They chose quantity over quality and it showed. They had a lot of production problems and very little "meat" to the show.

This isn't hating on TNA. I want them to succeed. I want competition. I want to have them produce a great wrestling product. Last night wasn't it. This is pure critique.

This is the most intelligent breakdown I have read of last night's shows. I watched both of them from beginning to end and while I agree that WWE can use some freshening up, the show TNA put on was not the way to force their hand. Comparing both of them, TNA just looked bush league. There were some great moments in the TNA show, but for the most part it was dry, boring, and poorly produced. I am not a TNA basher and I was really hoping for an awesome show. This was not it! I doubt they will even be able to maintain the 1.5 rating they pulled last night. Good luck to them because competition means a better product, but I have serious doubts.

Any kind of momentum TNA could possibly obtain is gonna be wiped away as soon as Wrestlemania time comes around, unless TNA has some big plans down the road to counter that, which i doubt

and yes, i agree, TNA really has no history, and thats because its basically a promotion where ex wwe/wcw guys go when they are either bored, or over worked, plain and simple

no one can dispute me on this

i can recount several matches from WWE where i can tell you exactly when and where it happened, i can't say the same for TNA

i know guys like Angle have wrestled Sting, but who cares, i know hes wrestled Nash, but who cares

i know guys like AJ Styles, have wrestled Samoa Joe, but who cares

i know guys like Jeff Jarrett have wrestled Sting, or Samoa Joe, or AJ styles, but again, i couldnt tell you when and where it happened, its like, who cares

theres no history with TNA, in its 7 year run, theyve managed to create an exciting X DIVision, but how hilarious that it was given the start of the show last night, and was pretty much an afterthought

People need to realize a lot of things about the TNA product. But first they need to realize its not a miracle factory or an overnight success deal. Its a proffesional wrestling company. In one decade (2000-2010) over 50 indy companies have been opened in the U.S. Many have been successful (PWG, FIP, DGUSA, etc.) but only one of all of those is actually in bare contention of WWE. Its TNA. In 7 years its actually managed to develop to the point of becoming a minor threat to the Media Powerhouse known as WWE. Sure the production quality is low, the talent is still wet behind the ears and its packed with overaged veterans, but what the hell were you expecting? An overnight success? The production quality is low because the budget is low. The ring has six sides because WWE's has four. Go to Mexico. Six-sided rings are apart of its biggest company, AAA. They have lots of older talent because they can't expect their inbred talent to pull all the viewers in. In due time the company will grow. Negativity won't help.

So let me repeat the point of my post:
TNA is not a miracle factory. Nor is it gonna be an overnight success.

If you wanna bash it for not being PG, then go watch Dora The Explorer.

If you're gonna bash it for being low quality, try to format it to 3D.

If you're gonna bash it for its mistake's... Well we finally have a reasonable point.

Thank you.

By the way, you people need to realize most of last night appearances are short time deal and cameos. The Nasty Boys aren't in any condition to wrestle full time. One table spot from Team 3D is all it takes to put Knobbs on a cane again. Sean Morley (Val Venus) will probably spend more time doing backstage segment with BP than in the ring, Orlando Jordan will probable be booed out of the ring on his first match and Waltman and Hall aren't gonna be around too long (Hall was visibly drunk last night).

TNA Impacts IMPACT ZONE is what makes TNA a joke

the fact that their ring is six-sided is comical (although im reading that it is finally going away)

the fact that 90% of their roster/tv talent are former WWE/WCW guys, and that is a fact. Don't sit there and try to tell me TNA has tons of young new guys, cuz they don't

in fact, i can count all their singles wrestlers that are "stars" that have never worked for WWE/WCW on one hand:

AJ Styles
Samoa Joe
Daniels
Suicide
Hernandez

everyone else is a joke, so wow, out of those , they have maybe built up 3 guys in 7 years of TNA that are just about household names

WOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOW, give me a break

TNA is nothing more than an organization for ex WWE/WCW guys that don't want the hassle of working 300 times a year, and don't like the travel, and thats the 100% truth. Nothing more, nothing less. Its a place where they can go and do their thing for almost the same money, and they don't have to work a lot and travel a lot. THATS THE BOTTOM LINE. If they can get a few kids and build them up, thats a bonus to them

they will never surpass the WWE, i dont' care who they have, what they have, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

the WWE can just put on a months worth of tv, and then have a Wrestlemania, and it would still top anything TNA could do, for a full freaking year
IF you go to tna website and look up their roster. you will see they have tons of fresh original talent. Don't be a hater, just grow up, and give TNA some support for what they are trying to accomplish.

wow, yeah, i couldn't agree more with this either. Pretty much right on

The fact that TNA has been around for 7 years and is still putting on tv shows from the SAME sound stage ought to tell you something

Now, if Hogan was even 10 years younger, MAYBE, MAYBE he could bring something that could propel them more mainstream.

Short of getting The Rock to start wrestling for them, TNA doesn't stand a chance. They ought to just stick to being what they are, instead of trying to become what they aren't. They are gonna fall flat on their faces. Hogan and Bischoff went there, because Eric was bored, and Hogan needs the money because of his messed up life outside the ring. Thats about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back