• TNA is my favorite, and WWE came out the clear victor

• I like both equally, and WWE was the best show

• I like both equally, and TNA had the best show

• I hate both equally, and WWE had the best show

• I hate both equally, and TNA had the best show

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF you go to tna website and look up their roster. you will see they have tons of fresh original talent. Don't be a hater, just grow up, and give TNA some support for what they are trying to accomplish.

lol, just because TNA has a lot of no-names, doesnt equate to "fresh, original talent", and as long as Hogan, Hall, Nash, Angle, Styles, Morgan, Hernandez, Suicide, Jarrett, Foley, Beer Money, Inc, Motor City, etc are given screen time, you won't see them at all

its not like TNA has 3 shows which they can spread there so called "talent" around, they have one 2 hour show. Thats it

IF you go to tna website and look up their roster. you will see they have tons of fresh original talent. Don't be a hater, just grow up, and give TNA some support for what they are trying to accomplish.

They do. They actually have some impressive talent.

But last night, how much of that talent was highlighted? How much of that talent was pushed?

Who got multiple segments? Who received the most camera time? Was it Samoa Joe, Hernandez, Christopher Daniels, Eric Young or any other other guys that TNA developed, or was it Bisch, the NWO and the frickin' Nasty Boys?

::sigh::

What's half of 100 percent(1.0)? 50 percent(.5).

What happens when you add 50 percent to 100 percent? 150 percent.

What the hell are you talking about?

That's a nice attempt to correct your mistake, but I'm not buying. You could've said they got .5 more viewers this week, which would've been correct. But 50% more does not mean what you're now implying, sorry to tell you. Especially when you used the example of RAW.. claiming they didn't go from a 3 to a 6. Maybe I'm the only one who speaks english, here. But I'll drop it at that!

Considering TNA's ratings HAD dropped recently down to a 1.0, then yes this looks like a nice increase. But when you take into account the amount of fans they've had before consistently, and even their BEST rating in the past, which means people who've already watched the show and are aware of it.. that's 1.3. 1.3 to a 1.5 isn't a huge number for an increase in viewership and to draw in fresh, new viewers and build a new fanbase with all the hype that came for the show, the fact that people new weeks and weeks in advance that Hogan was debuting (because he's been with the computer for how long building up for his actual first appearance?) It's when you put things into perspective, when you break down the details, that you realize it's not overly impressive in the least.

And that's with all the hype and build up leading into what was portrayed as a huge show and a huge night. If the show didn't live upto it's expectations or didn't impress those casual fans or the new viewers who took a peak, which I personally don't think it will after watching the first hour of the show which was the most important hour... then I don't think that ratings going to hold up next week. I think it's going to start dropping once again, just like the same cycle TNA always follows. Which is exactly my point.

Time will tell, and I'll certainly hope somehow TNA continues to put better shows on from here moving forward and does continue to build more of a fan base. I don't see it happening, though.

Raw got a 3.37. Raw averages around 3's. What this shows is that they did not get a ratings bump from Bret Hart.

I've never seen TNA get above 1.0's. And so, by getting a 1.5, that's 50% more people that their average. That's big for TNA.

Wrong. They got a 3.37 in a key demo. The final rating hasn't been released yet.

Furthermore, what TNA has to be worried about is the following...

This is your quarter hour breakdown. They peaked for Hogan and then fell off a cliff as soon as Raw started. The fact that they really plummeted after 9:30 or so, causing TNA to basically lose any retention of their viewers and plateau to what they usually get shows that they still have a lot of work to do.

They usually get a 1.1. Were the .4 extra ratings points worth it for everyone they brought in? It's still great they did that, especially against a Bret Hart on WWE Raw, but they have work to do.

Here. Raw is going to get a 4.0 at least when it's all said and done.

Monday's edition of WWE Raw featuring Bret Hart's return averaged 5.60 million viewers, which was the largest viewing audience since the Raw after Summerslam
on August 24.

The show drew a very strong rating among males 18-49, drawing a 3.37 rating in the key demo. That was the highest rating since the commercial-free Raw on June 22 averaged a 3.71 rating.

All those old faces,All those old names......
I am thinking of an old joke I heard on the Dean Martin roasts that Don Rickles told..When he saw Berle,Benny,Gleason...
" WHAT A WONDEFUL NIGHT AT THE HOME"

TNA will NEVER be taken seriously while they do 2 major things:
1.Stock their roster with WCW/WWE castoffs!!
2.Hold their tv tapings/live shows from the same place EVERY WEEK!!

It was exciting, the whole Monday night war deal. Yes TNA had some edgier stuff. But if some of you didn't notice, it was stuff WWE did years ago. The cage match was very poorly done, they did get Jeff Hardy over though, then again it makes me think "That WWE drug policy really does ruin careers." I think it's sad seeing Flair trying to get back in the ring. I was happy to see him retire, and have tons of wrestlers come to the ring, and shake his hand for a send off. Him going to TNA doesn't help his career, in fact makes me mad. The Bret/Shawn moment was great, seeing those two almost shoot on each other was great. Some good matches as well for Raw, but nothing to huge, but it was a good show. Too look at the things, TNA won't be the big competition. It will work out for a year, then disband. I hate to burst wrestling fans, but, ROH or another up and coming organization will be WWE competition. However WWE will handle that as well.

Reasons why:

WWE has a lot of young talent that is being promoted right now. More then TNA has. With some more stars coming into the picture, WWE has a good formula to make the necessary changes in 5 years when their major stars retire, and take easier jobs.

The smaller organizations aren't to the status that even ECW had. ECW was a small company, but great wrestling, and amazing storylines. Most of the organizations put on good wrestling, but that's it. Only a couple of them are producing good talent. What I mean by that, if a Wrestler comes from likes say ROH, and makes it big, they usually credit their original start. Like Benoit and Guerrero did with ECW. Till you see a promotion producing good stars, and build small time legends, The WWE will be on top.

The last and final time! Create your own Niche. Don't use stuff that the original Monday night wars didn't have. Any organization needs their own magic. Such as different ring attire. Ring attire that's more realistic to a MMA fighter. Have up coming bands play during time between matches. Combine a the rock concert and sporting event style which could create beer sales, and make memorable matches for a crowd of drunk wrestling fans. Or just build up your midcard to where the you can bill big shows as a triple, maybe in a quadruple main event. Then again, one of the big things a company can do, is just be an alternative to the competition. Half of something is better the whole of nothing is great way to live life. That's how WCW did it. They were alternatives to the cartoon characters of WWF, started to spark some realism in their storylines. They got away from the Legion of Doom, and went with real life characters. They walked away from Mortis and Glacier, and used Kevin Nash and Scott Hall. So like always said, build your own legends before using old ones.

I have read threads from this site for months and just now got around to creating an account. I honestly, for the life of me, cannot see how ''grown'' men and women can watch the bullshit on WWE Raw and trash TNA. Sure they use older WCW stars, they have no where else to go and if they can still hang with the younger talent, then they deserve to be there. There are, and will all ways be, a few people who don't deserve the push they have.

Take John Cena. How much sense does it make to have the same guy win the title 3-4 times a year, get his ass kicked for the first 90% of the match, then suddenly shoulder block, shoulder block, ducks punch, spin out powerbomb, falling fist drop of doom (word play on the finger poke), then a standing fireman's carry slam and 123.

People are constantly bashing Hogan, for semi good reason. He could never really wrestle. For fuck's sake his finishers were a boot to the face and a leg drop. BUT John Cena has become the Hogan of the 2000's.

WWE has become overly PG. They will stop a match if there's a hint of blood. The divas are covered more than a convent full of nuns. There are no hardcore matches any more, no cursing. Some one on a different thread said it best: WWE has no boobs, beer, or blood.

TNA on the other hand has all three. The beautiful people cover the boobs part, BEER money inc. and ODB have the beer, and then you have abyss, Dr. Stevie, and Raven for the blood.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE! HAMADA DOES A OUT OF THE RING MOONSAULT THROUGH A TABLE! I WANT TO SEE KELLY KELLY DO THAT INSTEAD OF A CHEERLEADER FLIP IN THE CORNER

bottom line: if you're between the ages of 5 and 15, then watch WWE. Cheer Cena when he hits the ''5 moves of doom''. go out and buy every glow stick your mommy can afford. Tell your teacher to suck it and you learned that gesture from a midget.

BUT

if you're 18 and older, and you like boobs, beer, and blood, then watch TNA. It's faster paced, they're more athletic (they have they're own division of crazy fuckers), and it's more realistic wrestling, not ENTERTAINMENT

sorry this was so long, but like i said, months of just sitting by and reading and this builds up lol

to begin.....MaverickAZ you need to check your facts because your list of TNA wrestlers who have never been in WWE is completely wrong...accept for Hernandez to my knowledge everyone else you mentioned have been in wwe at some point. AJ, Joe, Daniels and Suicide(Kaz) have all been there. Youtube it buddy

Anywho...i still enjoyed tna more than wwe last night. it was nice and all seeing bret come face to face with shawn michaels and vince but it wasnt all that exciting. seeing jeff hardy and ric flair show up was exciting for me. hall and xpac joining with nash and hogan in the ring after years was exciting. i feel no one gives tna enough credit for trying. they still put on better matches then wwe. the knockouts are outta the divas league. some of the knockouts are better wrestlers than most of wwe's male roster! tna still has a lot of growing to do.

unfortunately they'll never top wwe

Well I decided to google the Raw ratings for monday instead of wait for wrestlezone to report it. And well...

Monday's edition of WWE Raw featuring Bret Hart's return averaged 5.60 million viewers, which was the largest viewing audience since the August 24 Raw the night after Summerslam.
Credit:pWTorch

PWinsider also reported about the same average. Some people considered a 4.0 rating to be smashing, well 5.6 is a damn huge number.

So, how did this happen? My answer would be that people who used to watch wrestling back then, but don't watch any now, tuned into Raw for Bret Hart and closure on the screwjob. WWE is still a bigger name and I'm willing to bet that a lot of past viewers don't even know what TNA is.Just my 2 cents.

I thought WWE was the better show by Far IMO not because I prefer WWE over TNA but I just thought it was better. I loved Bret's Return and his Promo with HBK gave me goosebumps. Plus some good Matches with DX & Jeri-Show then Randy Orton & Kofi Kingston I liked as well.

TNA just seemed like a re-hash of Nitro with the nWo,Bischoff trying to take over,Sting in the rafters. Jeff Hardy being there was ok but nothing earth shattering and I didn't have a problem with Flair being there. I was glad they gave AJ & Angle a good 20 Minute Match though but other than it just seemed to me Ive seen this Movie before.

Seriously what did TNA do lastnight for Vince to even consider them as a threat. Aside from the Angle Styles match the entire show seemed like one big cluster-fuck. On top of that the only real thing the Angle AJ match did was give away a PPV result, and make Vince kick himself in the ass for letting Kurt leave and not sign AJ when he had the chance. The entire show all they did was bring in some former big name superstars who just happen to have been made the stars they are because of the man they are trying to compete against.

And for anyone to try and argue that they made their name elseware is full of shit. Case and point, Scott Hall (im just saying him because he is the first that comes to mind) Would anyone even know who he is if he didnt make his name in the WWF? Sure he was in WCW before he came to WWF but did they take him seriously....? hmmmm lets see.... Obviously not because if they did they wouldnt have lost him to the WWF.

Now Im not making this thread to bash TNA despite how some might take this. I for one was counting down the minutes till TNA came on just to see what they were going to bring to the table. They had a full hour to really get over the fact that they are a growing company and are ready to be even considered on the same level as WWE. What did they do? Put on an X-Division match that even their own fans in attendance thought was a piece of shit. Follow that up with a Knockout's title match, and about 35 to 40 min of jumping from commercial to commercial hyping Hogan's official debut just so they could have him running his mouth when RAW went on the air.

What a waste of time. Honestly from 8:30 till 9 exactly how many commercials did they go to? As I said I really wanted TNA to put on a show that would make WWE notice them. But I feel they just didnt deliver. The first thing they did when they went on the air was put a radio dj that was interviewing the fans the day before about how they wanted change in wrestling yadda yadda..... seriously? what the fuck business does this guy have on a wrestling show other than the fact that him and Hogan are good friends? Even the interviews seemed staged, is it just me or did quite a few of them look like they were reading from a script?

WWE has been stale for about the past 3 or 4 years now. They have writers from Hollywood that dont know the first thing about wrestling. It should have been TNA's night. They had a full hour unopposed to sell to us that they are what we should be watching. Instead we get a bunch of wrestlers that are either past their prime, or couldnt cut it in WWE. TNA has been relying on former WWE guys for what seems like forever.

The one thing I still cant wrap my mind over is why they think Hogan is their gloden ticket to competing with WWE. I mean when Jeff Jarrett founded TNA they were the shit. They had fresh faces, fresh matches, and unlike WWE they were an actual wrestling organization. Then Dixie came along and started to take over. Now we have a nice little (cheaper) version of WCW. What Im getting to is if TNA from 02'-03' would have gone up against RAW lastnight they would have blown WWE out of the water.

Instead they brought in a bunch of people that no one really is intersted in anymore,and called it a change for the better. Yea sure ok we will see about that.

Im rambling now so Ill just end it like this, TNA-2010 is alot like WWE's version of ECW. In its original concept it was great and could have truly competed with WWE. Unfortunatly what we get is a promotion that forgot about the people who made TNA in favor of ex WWE guys.

Does anyone think differently or agree with me?

I've watched TNA for a few years now but never became a hardcore fan until this past year. I've been a WWE fan since the 80's and never really liked WCW or NWO when I was a teen because I was so loyal to WWE. Last night's Impact show was great considering it has been a little stale lately. WWE Raw has been unbearable the last few weeks with little people and has been celebrities that know nothing about wrestling.

I think both shows were good but TNA had the talent, storylines, and shocking debuts. Bischoff coming out and tearing up the TNA program made me jump for joy. I agree that maybe there were a lot of segments and debuts crammed in but it was an awesome show.

The knockouts and the matches were awesome including the amazing Styles vs. Angle main event. Impact made me excited like it was the mid 90's again. Raw wasn't exciting at all. Bret came out and confronted Michaels with kind words and he confronted Vince with kind words. Then Vince kicked him in the groin. Is that it? The divas match was bad with the same matches we have seen week after week.

Raw was better then the past few weeks with better production values. Honestly though, TNA kept me glued in every second when most Impacts in the past made me fall asleep. TNA could of been better with more matches and less segments, but I think their show proved a lot to people except for the ones that will hate TNA no matter what TNA does.

to begin.....MaverickAZ you need to check your facts because your list of TNA wrestlers who have never been in WWE is completely wrong...accept for Hernandez to my knowledge everyone else you mentioned have been in wwe at some point. AJ, Joe, Daniels and Suicide(Kaz) have all been there. Youtube it buddy

I think it's safe to say that there is a world of difference between somebody that was "made" in WWE versus somebody that may have had a dark match, a single TV appearance, or a developmental contract.

---

(Directed to others)

Ultimately, a lot of this boils down to personal opinion. That's a big part of wrestling, naturally. Also, criticizing TNA doesn't necessarily mean that I think WWE is faultless, nor even on the right track. RAW was, in my opinion, at least as lackluster.

The two points I will make are:

1) that WWE is on top. They are in a comfortable spot. This is good and bad, but mostly means that they don't feel the need to stir things up overly much. They have a formula that is working for them to an extent. Is their product bland? I think so. Am I tired of seeing the same superstars and the same matches? Absolutely. Are they in a position where they need to change to get to the next level? Not at all. They are at the top, there is no next level.

2) TNA is making a move to elevate themselves. You don't bring in names like Hogan and Flair in order to stay comfortable at #2. However, I disagree that they are moving in the right direction. They produced a show that did *not* highlight their product. In 3 hours, they gave us as a demonstration of what they are about, 1 stellar match. The rest was filler, and/or a display of old talent that hasn't been what TNA is about. They made AJ look great, but the rest of the TNA roster did not get that treatment.

Feel free to disagree. Like I said, a lot is simply personal opinion. But a blanket statement of calling me a hater doesn't accomplish much. Feel free to rag on the WWE product, but all I am inclined to do is agree with that. TNA on Monday night was a rehash of old talent and an old angle.

TNA to me has lost it's brand with the signing of the man who is sports entertainment Hogan. I think Bret Hart is more of a fit for TNA not Hogan, Hart interacting with Kurt would have been awesome. Hogan bringing in all his old cronies will hurt TNA.

Wrong. They got a 3.37 in a key demo. The final rating hasn't been released yet.

I got the 3.37 from this article on ewrestlingnews.com:

Early TNA iMPACT! & WWE RAW Rating Are In
Reported by: Ryan Clark
Updated on January 5, 2010 7:19 PM EST

Word is going around that last night's live 3-hour edition of TNA iMPACT! drew a 1.5 average cable rating for the entire show. At this time, ratings data is not available for the individual hours or quarter hours, but it will be released shortly.

WWE RAW did a 3.37 which is not good at all for Bret Hart's return. More shortly.

What article did you see that said that those numbers come from a key demographic? Just so we can correlate the facts to try to figure out what the real ratings are.

I got the 3.37 from this article on ewrestlingnews.com:

What article did you see that said that those numbers come from a key demographic? Just so we can correlate the facts to try to figure out what the real ratings are.

I got that from PWInsider. Ryan Clark is the biggest hack in wrestling reporting who used to make up news and never fact-checked, and he's guilty of doing it here as well. He used to report on Wrestlezone, and I'm sure he got dropped because of the shit he would post.

So, no, the 3.37 is not the final rating, just the rating in the 18-49 demographic which is considered to be a good rating.

Personally, before last night i was a huge TNA fan. I didn't mind paying to watch there PPV because i actually knew that i would get a good PPV out of it. But last night's impact left me with a weird feeling. It was a feeling of deja vu. The first hour of IMPACT was really good with the Steal Asylum match, Jeff Hardy's return and The Debut of Ric Flair in TNA. Plus even if it was shorter than i expected, the Tara vs ODB match was pretty decent. But then Hogan came out after what looked like a eternity. They pretty had almost fifteen minutes of commercial before Hogan actually arrives and then we had to listen to Hogan speak for fifteen minutes, which i didn't mind, the only problem was the whole NWO like storyline they had going with Sting in the rafters. This whole segment prove to me that Bischoff doesn'T have any creative idea and he still thing that a NWO like storyline will work 13 years after the original happen. The second hour was pretty decent even if they pretty much burried all the TNA Originals with all the crap they pull. Then the Jarrett/Hogan confrotation didn'T work out that well because Hogan's promo against Jeff made hogan look like a jacka$$ and almost turn him Heel which wasn't what was supposed to happen. The 3 hour wasn't great either and what with having the main event of your next PPV on free TV two weeks before the PPV takes place. Great move, now the Kurt Angle vs A.J. Styles match won't attract anybody because they gave that match for free and to make matter worst, they had a clear cut winner.

Has for Raw, it was buisness as usual, they had a couple of great matches especially the 2 main events. The Maryse vs Brie Bella match was decent and i'm glad that they decided to have a tournament for the diva's title instead of just having Melina keep the title until she'S ready to return.The Bret HArt Stuff was kinda fun and i cannot wait to see where this all end up.

So after last night two thing happenned, the first thing is that i'm really thinking about giving up on TNA because after last night's mess of a show, i really think that TNA will turn out like WCW was in his dying year and i don'T want to go through that again. Secondly, it made me appreciated the WWE a little more then i use to. I feel bad for all those TNA wrestler that work hard to keep this company going because now, from what i saw last night, it's the Hulk Hogan's show which mean that if your not a big name or a friend of Hogan's, your not getting a major spot and will be threated like a jobber, if you don't believe just ask the MCMG, Raven, Beer Money and Daniels about it because they all took a step down last night and that too bad.

Last night might have been a moral victory for TNA butlet's wait in a couple of month if it's still the case.

Yeah I have to agree that I was disapointed with TNA after watching Impact last night. Not to say that the show wasnt a success but rather it had so much more potential to be something different. The thing that really bothered me the most was that TNA had an extra hour of programming and we got NOTHING from Beer Money, Eric Young, the Machine Guns, Daniels, etc. Where were the video packages introducing who these guys are to new viewers? Where were the video packages marketing what TNA or even the X-Division is? Sure it was exciting to see guys like Hardy, Flair, and Hogan debut but all were lackluster and mishandled. Why wasnt Hogan's entrance more grand? No boas, very little posing, etc.. And Hardy's redebut was wasted completely. This guy was World Champion in WWE before leaving and the most popular wrestler of the last year...and they have him debut after an X-Division clusterfuck and attack Homicide??? Why not have him interupt a Samoa Joe promo, or face off/interact with another top TNA talent like Angle or Styles? Then it was a complete afterthought later in the show. Same goes for Flair. We see him but no promo, or anything??

I understand that these cameos were made to create some interest and are likely to be followed up on the next Impact but they could have been so much more. Then we had the debut of Val Venis? Orlando Jordan and the Nasty Boys...in the words of The Miz "Really? Really?".. We cant get Beer Money in a promo, video, or match but we can waste time on three Nasty Boy segments and two Val Venis segments?? If Morley dropped the Venis gimmick and went serious he could be a major star for TNA potentially but the others are wasting space that others can benefit from.

And how bad was that steel asylum match? Gawdy red bars, "nonstop action" but the camera never seemed to capture anything other than wide shots and close ups of everyone and missed most all the high spots. Plus the DQ finish and then Homicide not able to even climb out the top... That was seriously the worst way to start Impact that I could ever have imagined.

Angle, a familiar top TNA talent, should have started the show with a promo about his PPV title shot which would bring out AJ and introduce him as World Champion to new fans. Show a video package of their brief history and have them discuss the importance of this show, hell Hardy should have debuted during something like that instead. Then move into an X-Division matchup such as the Guns vs Homicide/The Japanese Guy after another video package explaining the X-Division and its history. There was no backstory on anyone really. Joe should have gotten a video about his history and briefcase win, same for Wolfe and his amazing 2009 debut. I liked the Pope promo and can see him as a top star by years end. Flair should have debuted with a promo or interupted Jarrett.

Overall TNA dropped the ball to some extent. Maybe they are keeping things for later surprises and followup but there was so much more that could have been done to incorporate their young stars and introduce their "brand" to new viewers...the marketing of TNA is really their biggest failure and I hope it gets better.

I said this in the WWE vs TNA Poll it just seemed like a Nitro Re-hash with the nWo Angle,Sting in the Rafters,Bischoff throwing his weight around like he did in WCW. Aside from the Angle/AJ Match it just seemed like watching Nitro again. I thought RAW was better and Bret Hart's Return IMO was far better than Hulk Hogan's Debut. I think TNA is becoming the Hulk Hogan Show to be honest,nothing against him but they should not focus all their energy on him.

Seriously what did TNA do lastnight for Vince to even consider them as a threat. Aside from the Angle Styles match the entire show seemed like one big cluster-fuck. On top of that the only real thing the Angle AJ match did was give away a PPV result, and make Vince kick himself in the ass for letting Kurt leave and not sign AJ when he had the chance. The entire show all they did was bring in some former big name superstars who just happen to have been made the stars they are because of the man they are trying to compete against.

If you called TNA's excellent show last night a clusterfuck, then go ahead and sign WWE for some clusterfucks, cluster rapes, and cluster orgasm, because TNA's show last night was better than any show the WWE has done for the past 6 months.

And for anyone to try and argue that they made their name elseware is full of shit. Case and point, Scott Hall (im just saying him because he is the first that comes to mind) Would anyone even know who he is if he didnt make his name in the WWF? Sure he was in WCW before he came to WWF but did they take him seriously....? hmmmm lets see.... Obviously not because if they did they wouldnt have lost him to the WWF.

Who gives a shit if they made their name in a company other than their own? Most WCW stars from the 90s made their name in the WWF, but WCW still pissed all over Vince for a couple of years.

Now Im not making this thread to bash TNA despite how some might take this. I for one was counting down the minutes till TNA came on just to see what they were going to bring to the table. They had a full hour to really get over the fact that they are a growing company and are ready to be even considered on the same level as WWE. What did they do? Put on an X-Division match that even their own fans in attendance thought was a piece of shit. Follow that up with a Knockout's title match, and about 35 to 40 min of jumping from commercial to commercial hyping Hogan's official debut just so they could have him running his mouth when RAW went on the air.

The X-Division match was shit, but it was obvious that it was made solely for Hardy to debut, which drew people into the show. Having Hulk Hogan debut right when Raw started was fucking genius. The commercials and limo shots built up speculation. I wasn't even going to watch TNA last night, but out of curiosity, I flipped it on until Raw came on. Sure enough, I was drawn in, and almost forgot about Raw, which sucked ass except for the Bret/Vince and Bret/Shawn segments. Hogan debuting right when Raw went on the air was smart, because people would forget Raw was on and be more interested in the Hulkster. Everyone would have switched to Raw if it was some random X-Division match on or something.

What a waste of time. Honestly from 8:30 till 9 exactly how many commercials did they go to? As I said I really wanted TNA to put on a show that would make WWE notice them. But I feel they just didnt deliver. The first thing they did when they went on the air was put a radio dj that was interviewing the fans the day before about how they wanted change in wrestling yadda yadda..... seriously? what the fuck business does this guy have on a wrestling show other than the fact that him and Hogan are good friends? Even the interviews seemed staged, is it just me or did quite a few of them look like they were reading from a script?

Yeah, I agree on this one. Bubba was pointless as fuck. Nobody gave a shit there and that was time that could have easily been spent on JB being entertaining or Christy interviewing while everyone stared at her breasts. The interviews probably were staged, not like WWE hasn't done it before.

WWE has been stale for about the past 3 or 4 years now. They have writers from Hollywood that dont know the first thing about wrestling. It should have been TNA's night. They had a full hour unopposed to sell to us that they are what we should be watching. Instead we get a bunch of wrestlers that are either past their prime, or couldnt cut it in WWE. TNA has been relying on former WWE guys for what seems like forever.

So WCW was a failure because they relied on Ex-WWE guys? I'm just going to be honest. No casual fan gives two purple shits about AJ Styles, Daniels, Samoa Joe, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, or The Motor City Machineguns. However, with the exposure TNA is getting from the debuts of Hogan, Hall, X-Pac, Jeff Hardy, Flair, Bischoff and others, the new fans will see the great TNA wrestlers.

The one thing I still cant wrap my mind over is why they think Hogan is their gloden ticket to competing with WWE. I mean when Jeff Jarrett founded TNA they were the shit. They had fresh faces,

That no casual fan gave a shit about.

fresh matches,

That no casual fan gave a shit about.

and unlike WWE they were an actual wrestling organization.

The day WWE starts showing animal porn and dancing trannys is when I'll stop calling it an actual wrestling organizations.

Then Dixie came along and started to take over. Now we have a nice little (cheaper) version of WCW. What Im getting to is if TNA from 02'-03' would have gone up against RAW lastnight they would have blown WWE out of the water.

Dixie came along and took the company to a whole different level. If 02-03 TNA took on Bret Hart and the WWE, then they might as well have rubbed the lubrication on their asses and marked their graves because Vince would have assfucked them to the death.

Instead they brought in a bunch of people that no one really is intersted in anymore,and called it a change for the better. Yea sure ok we will see about that.

Nobody's interested in Ric Flair? Nobody's interested in Jeff Hardy? Nobody's interested in Hulk Hogan? I mean, fuck those loud-ass pops they got last night, you're just a wrestling genius.

Im rambling now so Ill just end it like this, TNA-2010 is alot like WWE's version of ECW. In its original concept it was great and could have truly competed with WWE. Unfortunatly what we get is a promotion that forgot about the people who made TNA in favor of ex WWE guys.

TNA isn't going to go anywhere with guys like Daniels main eventing. They might have the talent, but TNA needs big names.

Does anyone think differently or agree with me?

I think you're smart enough to decide for yourself.

Alright so by all accounts that I have looked at, and I have looked at a lot of sites over the last hour or so, the ratings look like this:

WWE: 5.60 rating, with a 3.37 rating in the Key 18-49 Male Demographic. This is the highest Rating since August with the Raw right after Summerslam, and the biggest Male Demographic rating since the commercial free Raw in June. More importantly, this rating is up 6.9% from the viewer average in all of 2009.

TNA: 1.5 rating which translates into about 2.2 million viewers. The highest they got was nearly 3 million viewers during the time period from 9-9:15 which is of course when Hogan was on.

Since we are mostly concentrating on the Ratings though.....mmmmmmm...... 5.6 rating for Raw, and a 1.5 for TNA.....mmmmmm.........me thinks WWE Pwned/Crushed/Smashed TNA last night.

The big thing to keep in mind though is that Bret is signed till Mania, and if Raw can consistently keep getting Ratings like it did last night because of Bret, then I don't see how TNA has a chance on monday nights.

Moral of the story: Don't ever, ever, ever Mess with Vinnie Mac. If you light a fire under him, he will respond, and he will crush you.

Like said above no casual fan is gonna stick around and watch a wrestling show with people they don't know when it is going against Raw. They have to bring in people with face value. The only way to do that is to get guys from WWE. WWE is the giant, every casual fan knows WWE. So if you want to drag them into TNA you need with people the casuals will know. No casual fan is going to say "I'm gonna watch TNA over Raw just because. They don't have anyone I know, I don't know know their story lines, I am just gonna watch it. Forget seeing Randy, HHH, HBK, Hart and everyone else I have come to love." Does the casual wrestling fan really care about who can put on a good match? No. If they did ROH would be number 1, Cena wouldn't be this mega star cause people would turn off the TV. It is all about who can sell more t-shirts, who is the bigger house hold name. Right now that is Hall, Hogan, Bischoff, Hardy. Aj, Daniels, Beer Money are only really know to the IWC and big TNA fans. Now when people tune in to see the big names, they will start to know the TNA names. That is how it works. Why was that MTV wrestling show shut down? No one knew any of those wresters.

I think sometimes the IWC thinks that TNA and WWE only caters to them. They don't, you are gonna watch just so we can get online and bitch about it. They need to bring in people who don't get online and talk about it. The only way to do that is with big names.

I'm glad that both shows did well last night. I hope that TNA can keep the momentum going for themselves and be able to generate consistent interest like that. As I've said in other posts, if you're someone that's impressed with a lot of older wrestlers that haven't been relevant or seen by American audiences in a long time showing up, then you absolutely loved last night. If that doesn't impress you, then Jeff Hardy showing up and the main event last night were definitely the highlight of the show. I happen to be part of the latter. I had no interest in Hogan, Flair, all the original nWo members meeting or the Nasty Boys running around. Take away Hardy and the Angles/Style match, then to me it was just an average iMPACT, which isn't enough to hold my interest.

TNA drew a 1.5 in the Nielsen Ratings last night with an overall audience of 2.2 million people. That's the highest in TNA's history and about half a point higher than they've been doing for the past several months. Raw had an overall audience of 5.6 million viewers, which would put it somewhere in the vicinity of a 3.9 in the Nielsen Ratings. The most watched segment of iMPACT last night was Hogan coming out and it drew a 1.9. At the same time on Raw, Bret Hart was out there with HBK and that segment drew a 3.7. The most watched part of Raw last night, overall, was the last bit with Vince and Bret in the ring and it drew a 4.4.

No matter how you slice it, with all that TNA threw out there in terms of wrestling superstars and legends showing up and with the WWE just having little ol' Bret Hart out there all by his lonesome, the Hitman outdrew the Hulkster last night.

Come on people its one show, Rome was not built in a day. Give it time for TNA to develop and become more of a challenge and a real one to the WWE. I mean its one show and they was decent, not good or great but decent at best. Most of the matches were average, but still the excitment was their, it was energy and awesomeness.

That was a good breakdown, but I didn't doubt it would turn out like that, WWE has so many dormant fans, imagine if they had put on a show like TNA put on last night. Just think about it man, if TNA had Bret Hart last night, and WWE had everything TNA had, don't you think WWE would've done even better than they did last night? If all TNA had was Bret Hart, would it be an epic event? Probably their biggest aquisition ever, and possibly worth a 1.5, but it wouldn't have been game changing for TNA since it was only one guy. Just role reverse a bit, if WWE had put on the WWE equivalent of what TNA did last night, I would be saying great things about Raw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back