BREAKING: iMPACT Going LIVE Starting May 31st!

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
@TNADixie:
IMPACT WRESTLING is going Live! this summer http://t.co/wndu9nsl

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news...RESTLING-Celebrates-Summer-2012-By-Going-LIVE

153_211fb1d06f9479a7650fc3bb47b93c8b_m.jpg

SPIKE TV TAKES HIGHLY RATED SHOW LIVE AND TO 8:00PM/ET BEGINNING THURSDAY, MAY 31st

NASHVILLE, TN - (May 17, 2012) -- TNA IMPACT WRESTLING President Dixie Carter and SPIKE TV President Kevin Kay announce today that the highly-rated “IMPACT WRESTLING” will be going Live! from Universal Studios beginning May 31st and continue through the summer. This announcement coincides with the recently announced new, one-hour earlier time slot change of 8:00-10:00pm/ET every Thursday night beginning May 31st.

“We are excited to take IMPACT WRESTLING Live! all summer long, and have our first Live! summer show launch our new 8:00pm/ET time slot,” says TNA President Dixie Carter. “Summer of 2012 is going to be remembered as the most momentous time in our company's history-to-date. Stay tuned."

--

HUGE NEWS! All discussion here!

Please remember this is still a NO-SPAM section, so your answers will still require substance and reason.

This will undoubtedly result in a better reaction to the product, because it's known fact that dozens of users here (and that's only here — not accounting for what could be hundreds or thousands NOT here) admit to ONLY watching TNA after reading the spoiler results that either pique or fail to pique their interest. They no longer will have that luxury, which means if they care at all what happens on iMPACT or in TNA/IW, they will have to watch it live, the same way they do RAW every week.

i think this is good news it will probably help the ratings sense fans cant just read the spoilers they will have to watch the show to see the results. i just hope they stay live i always hated how they taped 2 episodes at a time

Going live isn't going to improve the product other than people not knowing what will happen because of spoilers. It's a good thing to try again, but I doubt it lasts into the Fall.

Maybe unpopular but I am not one that thinks the product is bad. Is it great? No. Do they have problems? Yes. But in the end I think there is more good with TNA than bad. Many weeks I like it better than the E. Is going live going to suddenly catapult them into the E realm? No. But I do think this is a good move by TNA

*yawn*
yet another thread full of tna optimism and posts like "this is great for tna" and how its going to do great things for them.

just close the thread now and add it to the rest of the "tna changing forever" threads. like the ones about tna going on the road. how long did that last? wow, that did epic things for the company didnt it! or signing christian. or angle. or hogan/bischoff. or the cross promotion with mexico. or the monday night move. the ecw "invasion" (where yet again dixie tweeted things will change forever...then debuts tommy dreamer LOL). or 10/10/10 was going to change things forever. LMAO. all did NOTHING to increase ratings or revenue in any significant manner. in fact, most of it made them look silly and desperate.

this isnt good news and is going to do zero for the company. if no one watches it now, no one will watch live either. my god, how awful is it going to be without all the editing that takes place on taped shows?? how many times in the spoilers have you seen that something got retaped in front of the crowd?? their ppv's always come off sloppy, full of botches or drugged up main eventers or just plain "scrath your head in wonder" moments. need a recent example: anderson/hardy finish at the last ppv. if that were a taped impact they could and surely would have fixed it before airing. cant do that live.

at least when vince owns the tna library he can make a dvd of all the failed game-changers tna had LOL.....id buy it.

and now, since this is the internet, most especially WZ, i expect a post bashing me instead of staying on topic. have fun!

It's something that had to happen eventually. The part where it mentions that the show will be going live through the summer definitely sounds like this is going to be a trial run. If ratings don't improve in the long run, however, I don't expect it to last. It's more expensive to put on a live broadcast so the extra money spent won't be worth it to the honchos at Spike if TNA can't deliver the goods ratings wise.

According to one of Hogan's blusterous comments a few months back, going live will fix 75% of TNA's problems, so we'll just have to wait and see. Otherwise, Hogan will have to think of some other way to spin things.

Let me preface this by saying I don't watch TNA regularly. It's not a matter of like or dislike, I just don't care to watch something when I can just read what happened. I do watch RAW every Monday night but don't watch Smackdown for the same reasons.

This would have been a great idea if they started this in the fall or winter. The problem is that viewership is naturally going to be lower for both products because hell, it's the summer. Yes, the diehards are still going to watch but I don't think it's going to increase ratings. They're probably going to decrease.

Since production costs are higher going live, apparently TNA is still doing great financially; despite what all the IWC/Vince Humpers claim to say. Hopefully this will lead to more shows outside of the Idiot Zone, and around the country. By the way, how's that genius Paul Heyman doing over at The E?...hmmmmm

I dont watch TNA/Smackdown at all because they are on thursday/friday. Im busy those days at those times. Those are party days, going out days etc.

If either show was on a boring day like Sunday-Wednesday i would watch them religiously regardless if they were live or not. Hence i always watch RAW because its monday and theres nothing to do. Im NOT going to waste 2 hours on thursdays to watch wrestling.

TNA should move to tuesdays/wednesdays and they would get more viewers.

just to be less trollish than my last post, let me ask what is tna hoping to gain from this??? most people dvr the show anyway so what balances out the HUGE costs of going live? raw is live and that gets dvr'ed and mostly skipped through or watched on youtube and skipped through. is it just to get around the spoilers being posted?? BAD idea. just bad. live wrestling was important during the monday night war years when both shows were on at the same time. now its just an expensive way to avoid spoilers. they just spoke of this recently on the pwr show and it costs like 100k to go live. put hogan on the show, now its 130k. just to start. and its still in the shitty impact zone. ugh. please just go out of business already.

from the site:
"This move by TNA going LIVE every week is way long overdue. Great decision by SpikeTV to finally give Impact Wrestling a chance to show what they can do with a LIVE production. I'm excited to see how TNA does with this opportunity! If some of you never gave TNA a chance before, starting May 31st would be a great time to do so. This will be a new chapter in the company so throw out what you've known before. This will be a new era, which has been said many times before in TNA but this new era is the one that will matter most."

hahahaha, that is what im talking about. tna fans will fall for any idea tna comes up with and praise it with the greatest optimism. look through the old threads and see how many times tna was gonna change forever and become something epic and had fans mouths watering. when i see posts like the one i quoted above, i think about the people who posted the exact same thing in 2007 or 2008 and how silly they must feel now. see page 1 for my first post.

Love it! Love it! Love it! This just made my summer a whole lot better. Having a live show makes things a lot more unpredictable. That is something that wrestling today is in serious need of. Say what you want, but things are a whole hell more interesting when you don't know what's coming. I know all the TNA haters will come out and bash this decision like they do all TNA news because that's what they are programmed to do, but it won't change the fact that this is a great decision by the company. Let's just hope that TNA delivers the unexpected week in and week out.

Live shows are always better. No spoilers can turn people away. Now, going live is a risk that Impact needed to take sooner rather than later, and I think now is a perfect time. TNA has been very great recently. Also, people still tune in to see Hogan, rather we think so or not. Going live is the best thing for TNA right now because they need to capitalize on this hot streak.

Now, get on the road every week. That Orlando crowd is getting dull.

I can admit it that I am a wrestling junkie. I don't favor one company over the other. its the same old thing with fans who say they don't have favorites but their posts are pro-WWE. I get the fact TNA has alot of work to do but lets end one part of the discussion. I have said over and over again in TNA's contract in the event of selling the company Panda Energy has a legal document that it can't be sold to WWE,VKM, and or any affiliates of the aboved mentioned properties or persons. Its very simple for TNA: just book the shows of how it should make sense and not worry about the competition. Every company that goes up against WWE and eventually loses to WWE worries what WWE is doing and goes way off track of their own product which leads them into a downard spiral into a financial abyss of no return. If TNA was to sell it would be to ROH and the owners of ROH which at this time is Sinclair Broadcasting

I dont watch TNA/Smackdown at all because they are on thursday/friday. Im busy those days at those times. Those are party days, going out days etc.

If either show was on a boring day like Sunday-Wednesday i would watch them religiously regardless if they were live or not. Hence i always watch RAW because its monday and theres nothing to do. Im NOT going to waste 2 hours on thursdays to watch wrestling.

TNA should move to tuesdays/wednesdays and they would get more viewers.

I always laugh at people who say they are Wrestling Fans but can't be bothered to actually watch the Shows sometimes.

Anyway this is going to be an interesting Summer with RAW going 3 Hours and now Impact going Live every week. Im a WWE Fan first but I do watch TNA as well and with that being said we'll see how long this lasts. I know they are going Live on Thursdays but they tried this on Mondays & still got no Ratings out of it.

They just need to get out of the Impact Zone and do more Road Shows around the Country,TV & PPVs.

Its been basically proven that live wrestling does better ratings than taped wrestling does. There is that small percentage of fan that doesn't watch because they are satisfied with just reading the results and spoilers, then there is the other small percentage that read the spoilers and if the show doesn't sound worth watching, they wont watch. There is more anticipation and suspense in watching a live wrestling show, or any live show for that matter on TV. The ratings will definitely go up in my opinion, the question is how much and if it will even be significant.

I have said many many many times that part of TNAs problem and hell even smackdowns problem is they are not live, because the IWC looks at the spoilers and says well I don't really want to see these 4 matches so they don't tune in. Look at how TNA was when they were live on Mondays while they couldn't really compete with WWE on Mondays they were able to get a solid rating and it was due to the unpredictability factor of being live.
The only problem I see with going live is they really need to step up their storylines because in the past some storyline abruptly ended, some went no where, and some just never made sense and just because your a fan of certain wrestlers if your putting stupid things on television its real easy to change the channel.

I've thought for a very long time that Impact needed to go live. A big problem for them is the same one that Smackdown faces. Spoilers posted before the episodes air. Now that they will begin doing shows live, more people will have a reason to tune in because they will have a stronger desire to see what happens and they will be able to watch it as it happens, before a spoiler report has the chance to ruin the surprise within the results.

I won't go as far as to say that this will be what makes TNA true competition for WWE, but it's a step in the right direction. I am excited to see what will happen. I'll admit that I haven't watched as much as I used to.... These live episodes may just bring me back on a permanent basis as a viewer. That, and my wife's long string of shows that come on thursdays are ending for the season. :p

Awesome news, and I hope it goes well for the federation.

This is cool news, I don't read spoilers but I hope those that do are more prompted to watch the product.

just close the thread now and add it to the rest of the "tna changing forever" threads. like the ones about tna going on the road. how long did that last? wow, that did epic things for the company didnt it! or signing christian. or angle. or hogan/bischoff. or the cross promotion with mexico. or the monday night move. the ecw "invasion" (where yet again dixie tweeted things will change forever...then debuts tommy dreamer LOL). or 10/10/10 was going to change things forever.

Well they only scheduled to go on the road a few times, they didn't say they were permanently doing it. Signing Christian and Angle were great things I don't see how this can be disputed! Hogan and Bischoff haha I'll give you that one, early 2010 was horrible but things started getting better later on and I think things are fine now.

As for the ECW Invasion and 10/10/10, did anyone really expect things would change forever? They were just hyping a storyline man come on. It's no different than when Rock said Wrestlemania 28 was going to be the greatest WM of all time, think he may have even said that about 27 too. And I didn't think the resolution to 10/10/10 was that bad at all.

Now TNA has said they're doing this live thing for the summer so if they stop going live in Autumn please don't say it's another failed concept lol TNA is trying new things you can't knock them for that!

Love it! Love it! Love it! This just made my summer a whole lot better. Having a live show makes things a lot more unpredictable. That is something that wrestling today is in serious need of. Say what you want, but things are a whole hell more interesting when you don't know what's coming. I know all the TNA haters will come out and bash this decision like they do all TNA news because that's what they are programmed to do, but it won't change the fact that this is a great decision by the company. Let's just hope that TNA delivers the unexpected week in and week out.

RAW is live and it hasn't exactly been upredictable for along time with exception of the past 6 months. being live doesn't make it unpredictable, unpredictable booking and letting errors get through make it unpredictable.

as for TNA going live, well it can't be any worse so i say it's atleast worth a try, but they make alot of mistakes on the taped shows that has weeks of edit time how the hell are they gonna get it right on a live show :).

I dont really care much for this. I would much rather them go on the road and do a taped show than do a live show in that dive in Orlando. The Impact zone is bad when its taped, imagine what its going to be like live.

Its a step forward though and thats what matters, baby steps.

This wasn't anything hard to do. TNA was already live during it's Monday stint (on and off). The only reason it didn't stay live permanently was because of it's taping schedule. It would seem that as ratings have taken a slight dip, TNA needs to keep the product as fresh as possible. Going live doesn't really help other than cut off people who would rather read spoilers. Which aren't much.

This move could benefit TNA greatly. I'm with the masses in saying that going live takes away reading up on spoilers. The experiment with moving to Mondays didn't work going head up with Raw. But being solo on Thursdays could boost viewership with the live shows. I'm not sure when Superstars airs but those have spoilers so it might not take away from Impact. Curious to see how this turns out.

This is a step in the right direction, but they need to get out of the impact zone. If they stay there they are going live in front of a dead crowd. If any of you can recall the Impact episodes that were filmed in England- the crowd was going crazy! It made the show 100 times better than it was. No matter how awesome a show is dead crowd can really hurt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back