• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brooke Hogan Joining TNA/IW As Executive In Charge of the Knockouts

Two totally different situations. Nepotistic advancement is not a face quality. It made no sense to have Garret be a face. Even as the underdog facing his father people would not accept him. He couldn't look or act the part. Brooke as a heel authority figure or heel enemy of her father may actually work.
I think that hating Brooke Hogan would be the only possible niche she could have in TNA/IW. I don't think she has the acting chops to make people keep buying it for more than a couple of months. As a heel, it will go from "I can't believe this bitch is here!" to "Is this bitch still here? Ugh." pretty fast.

But that is the one, and only, way I think you could make Brooke Hogan work in professional wrestling, as a Vickie Guerrero figure that everyone wants to see hit by a fucking bus. I don't give TNA/IW that much credit; expect Brooke Hogan to largely be used as a prop for her father.
I think you're coming around to this idea. Brooke is expected to play this role od clueless, helpless, smiley Hulk's daughter but in the end she may surprise everyone. Excwpt me.
I'll be more surprised if she's allowed to be her own character. Garret Bischoff never was; from the second he was mentioned, he was attached at the hip in storyline to his father. I won't deny that this could work out, because professional wrestling is the strangest fucking business. I don't think that TNA/IW will be able to pull off the difficult task of getting an audience invested, for good or ill, in a Brooke Hogan type.

I don't feel that this is a vehicle for Brooke Hogan to enhance TNA/IW; I feel that this is a vehicle for TNA/IW to enhance Brooke Hogan.

I don't understand the logic of how she will bring ratings???? No one really knows who she is outside of wrestling and those who are wrestling fans are NOT amused. The BEST and I mean the absolute BEST thing they can hope for is that she will be so hated that she'll be a natural heel.

May I refer to David Arquette, that seemed like a smart move give a Hollywood actor the World Title to generate interest and look what happened there... one big backfire.

I see why you would try to make this comparison but these are two totally different situations and past experience is no guarantee of future results. Arquette was there to sell a movie and no one other than WCW thought it was a good idea to give him the strap. Giving Arquette the title is a much bigger threat to a promotions legitimacy than putting Brooke in some type of phony authority position for the KOs. Don't take this so seriously.

Also getting the so called 'X-Pac' heat doesn't make you a good heel, so Brooke becoming the 'best heel TNA has ever seen' is one of the most far-fetched statements this forum has ever seen.

Actually what you consider 'X-Pac' heat is about all that works anymore. The best heels either become faces or fade out. Being bad at your job or having a questionable past are the oly things that work anymore to get a reaction out of people. Brooke should be able to get a reaction out of people.

Angle = Good move as a whole, a Olympic gold winner, a world famous wrestler who had a successful career who looked like he could destory people in ring = Win for TNA

Brooke = Zero talent, sucked on tv, sucked with music, sucked with getting her own career or coming out of her father's shadow = What the hell are TNA thinking. They might as well hire Snooki as the Assistant and be done with it (then again even she has more talent both in and out the ring compared with Brooke)

See, she's getting a reaction out of you already and she hasn't done a thing yet.

Ugh! I was hoping this was a nightmare when I saw this headline... but sadly it's not. :( Although I did expect Brooke to be a regular presence on TV eventually (I think she minorly got herself involved in a match not too long ago if my memory is correct), that still doesn't mean I wanted it to actually happen. Brooke has no credentials whatsoever to even be offered this kind of job. She bombed badly as a shitty pop singer, and her movies are practically non-existent at best.

More importantly, what's Brooke going to teach girls like Mickie, Gail, Velvet, Angelina, Tara and etc? How to be a huge failure in two fields while piggybacking from the money daddy used to have before it being swalled up dry by a gold digger? I don't think seeing her on television will do so well, but at least now I will add one more person to the Scott Steiner technique I am applying (aka, change the channel when Hulk or the two Bischoff's are on and tune back in five to ten minutes later).

All in all, not really a good move in my opinion. TNA could certainly have less useless talent on the roster sucking up lots of money (looks at Hulk and Eric Bischoff). But at least they will be going live soon so that's some good news that has come out of the day. :)

Yet again those in charge of TNA pull another stupid move. The girl is 23-24 years old... and has never wrestled... wow... If I was going to hire someone to run the Knockouts... I'd get someone like Trish or Lita or Jacqueline that has experience in the ring... or a guy like Fit Finlay that helped work on the fundamentals... sheesh...

How come everybody's judging Brooke so quickly?
Like it or not, Brooke Hogan is a part of the "real world" thanks to her reality show. And sometimes it takes somebody from the real world to inject some freshness into wrestling. D'you think Wrestlemania would be the institution it is if the first Wrestlemania had bombed? Of course it wouldn't. And why did so many people buy the first Wrestlemania? Not for Tito Santana or Ricky Steamboat - for a lot of people it was the likes of Mr T and Cyndi Lauper. And when you've got ratings like TNA/IW's, sometimes you need a pair of eyes from outside the business to look from a different perspective and see what you're doing right and what you're doing wrong.
It seems from some of the things I read on here that TNA want their Knockouts to be more about wrestling and less about eye candy. If that's the case, then they'll have to look at targeting a female audience, because unfortunately the majority of us men won't tune in to watch a women's wrestling match if it's two technically proficient but frankly unattractive women. Bringing in a woman from in the public eye who isn't necessarily bogged down in wrestling do's and don'ts might just be what they need in order to attract more female viewers to the Knockout division.
To be honest, I too am expecting this to tank after her first appearance. However, I'll give it a chance first - I also thought that CM Punk could never carry the WWE or that Ric Flair would ever join TNA.
And as for all those people talking about her "nice rack", you seriously need to get out more. What gives you the right to talk about any human being like they're a piece of meat? Maybe if you were out making friends and learning how to talk to girls instead of being hunched over the PC waiting for things to complain about, you'd enjoy the show more instead of being so judgmental.
I apologize for the essay, but one last thing - are people seriously hailing Scott Steiner as a legend on here for leaking news from his old company? You may think he's some sort of crusader leading the charge against shitty TNA or whatever, but the fact is that he's nothing more than a bitter old man whose attitude never let him reach the heights he had the talent to reach. He's burned his bridges with WWE, he's burnt his bridges with TNA, and now he's sat at home tweeting his anger because he has nothing else to do. Some hero.

Come on. I like TNA and I want them to be successful, but it’s moves like these that make you question everything they do. Brooke is not a celebrity. She’s not even a fake celebrity in the vein of a Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, or other random reality star. If she was, then maybe you could make a case. Maybe. Even that’s a strech.

She’s Hogan’s daughter. That’s all she’s got going for her. She has no musical fan base, or at least none that would be significant in any way. She’s not even currently on a show or in movies. I think her last movie was something like “Super Shark vs. Monster Octopus.” D list cable movie “stars” don’t have value to TNA.

She’s done nothing to prove that she should be consulting someone on their characters. She has not succeeded in anything she’s done. I know that’s kind of mean to say, but it’s true. She has no wrestling background other than “my Dad did it so aI was around it all the time.” Sure, that counts for something, but are we really going to think that Brooke is going to take someone like ODB and spice up her character? ODB is a great character. I could only see Brooke hurting someone like her.

And sure, she's getting a reaction, but it's from fans on a wrestling board talking about how horrible it is. No one is tuning in for her and she's not brining in new eyeballs. To think otherwise is simply insane.

This is really a “jump ship” kind of move in creative. If I were in the locker room I’d be scared. This shows they don’t know what they’re doing. And, I bet she’s getting a ton of money.

Not good TNA. Not good.

The big deal is that she has no obvious qualification for anything relating to her role within the company. Put yourself in this situation, you're working for a company with years and years of proven accomplishments and experience and you miss out on a job, because they gave the position to Brooke Hogan.

That's my biggest issue with it. TNA has Gail Kim, Tara and Mickie James on the roster. I'd be livid if I was one of them and had to consult Brooke Hogan for anything. Brooke has never shown signs of character or personality that I have ever seen so I fail to see the logic of having her as a consultant for such. And TNA now has someone on their roster that's job description includes "theme music consultant" on their roster.....

Sometimes topic jumping is used to further a point so it does have it's place in certain discussions.

Also, it would be the venue that makes and sells the hot dogs, not TNA or WWE.

TNA is a business. A business' only goal should be to be profitable. The best way to become profitable is to higher the best people with specific skill sets for a particular position because it's best for the business and for making money. If Brooke is not the best person for the job, how does this help TNA make money?

If they wanted to fill this position, they should have looked for the best person to do it. Hell Fit Finlay did this exact thing for the WWE and he's available right now (excluding ROH). Tell me that Brooke Hogan is better suited for this than Finlay who has proven experience with developing women's wrestling and actual in-ring experience.

Clearly the only qualification for this job was to have the last name "Hogan" I can't wait until they hire Nick Hogan as TNA's Official Driver of Things From Here to There" Now that's a man with proven driving experience to move things fast. (At least he's qualified, right?)

Don't be a bitch and worry about what people think of your post. Man up and fight for your words and opinions. If someone disagrees, prove them wrong by providing facts and an intellectual conversation.

At the time of my posting it was not fully my own person opinion as I was taking a step back to offer up some type of defense for TNA (which the fact that I took the time to do that scares me but hey I was bored) I agree with you entirely about how it it's the last name Hogan and Finley would have been a better selection, I mean yeah he would not be able to consult on their attire all that much or their in ring music however he could book their matches help them set up their matches and enhance the actual wrestling product (which the K.O's have some already amazing matches and I have no complaints about attire...) Though I really do think most of the music TNA uses is shit... But that makes sense.

Either way she is hired on. So the way I look at it is most people myself included think this is going to be a massive flop in the long line of flops that TNA has ran face first into. However at the same time our negativity is probably shared with some of the K.O's and Brooke has to know (if she has any type of brain, which I hope she does) that currently she is viewed as Hulk Hogans little girl giving her something to prove that she can stand on her own.

Just my two cents.

Someone just said in the comments section of the article that they will have Garrett fall in love with Brooke in a storyline, my god, that kid is right, times 100000 million...kill me, now

Pardon me for being the cynical and jaded fan who grew up enjoying the offerings of the AWA, Jim Crockett Promotions, and the WWF of the 1980s in wrestling's boom period into the second major wrestling boom of the late 90s with the Monday Night Wars. Very few moments in wrestling draw me back in and make me feel like the fan I once was (save for Taker-HHH III at WrestleMania 28 that alone was worth suffering through the majority of the nonsense that that event was). But to be honest, this signing of Hogan's daughter, who really cares?

I'm indifferent to such an occurrence. When you consider their history with "stunts" like this before, TNA's ratings won't suffer or prosper either way from this happening. They'll more likely than not just continue their ebb and flow. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this is necessarily a good thing, but considering what I've seen out of the "wrestling" business the past few years, nothing really excites me. Case in point this past WrestleMania had to rely on three staples of the Attitude Era (Rock, Undertaker and Triple H) and John Cena to even sell in my view. Going back almost a decade ago you still had bright moments in Mania's history where more than just a few select stars sold an event, case and point. WrestleMania 21 was an event that I felt met its hype (it had two solid World Title matches although I would like to see one sole World Title return, I can't deny that the Cena-JBL and HHH-Batista double bill was amazing and then you had solid matches to accompany that show like Michaels-Angle, Mysterio-Guerrero and of course Taker-Orton). These days even that great big organization up north has to rely on faces from its past, again just look at the red carpet treatment for Brock Lesnar. Not saying that it bothers me per se, but just making an observation at what the state of pro wrestling really is.

It's as simple as this, WWE will continue to do what it does and do it well because it's got the history and foundation it has. While TNA will more likely than not keep its niche audience and that's not so bad either. During a time in our society where more important things like crime rates, economical strength and political stability are abound, the signing of a wrestling legend's daughter to a "cushy" position in the company is the least of my worries. Am I going to say I'm enjoying it, not at all. But there's no way I am going to let this bother me like most fucktards on these forums do.

The sun will rise tomorrow boys and girls, whether or not Brooke Hogan's TNA stint is a success or a bust. Nepotism isn't new in any endeavor be it the entertainment world or corporate America. Yeah, even as a Hogan fan I don't want to see his daughter just get pushed to the moon (if she even wrestles in the first place) but then again I even had my fill of the McMahon family even if Steph and Shane have more "credibility" so to speak to be on-air characters. To me it's all a steaming pile of shit these days. However, maybe I'll change my mind about that if Brooke can help TNA come up with something that will trump the Katie Vick storyline, because lord knows we could see a TNA-spun version of that classic angle. :D

Is it cold up there on your pedistal?
Dude, she is being put in charge of a division!?!?!?! Least steph went to college. Least Shane did the refereeing etc first, he grew up backstage basically. This tramp, is being given a job, runnning a division....with the only experience being a bombed 'pop' album. This is mind numbingly stupid. And your mindless rants on society, or wrestling history, while not only being a pointless exercise in trying to show intelligence, but won't change the fact that this decision is going to be the name of chapter in the book called 'The Death of TNA'.

What experience does Brooke Bollea "Hogan" have to train female TNA wrestlers with in ring work or work with their personas? I don't get it. I feel she was put in that position just because of who her father is. I am willing to bet that Hulk pulled a couple of strings to get her the gig. I am not bashing Brooke, she is very attractive and has the physical appeal of a TNA knockout or WWE Diva, but her in that role is beyond me.

Oh God. Why? Just when people aren't really taking you seriously Hulk you go and prove everybody wrong by.... giving your daughter a job she's clearly not qualified for.

First off, that picture isn't even representative of what Brooke Hogan looks like. She looks like a man. She's got her daddy square jaw and his 24 inch... something or other.. What can she potentially add to the division? How to look better? Well most every knock-out is already beating her there 'cept probably SoCal Val. So she's going to help the girls with their wrestling? Well Hulk may have taught her a few things. He did have an ability to connect with the crowd and limitless charisma. But let's face it, she's only 20 something, how much is she going to be able to teach veterans like Mickie James or Tara that they don't already know? Better still, how much can she teach kids like Tessmacher or Velvet Sky that the other vets haven't already taught them. So let's rule that out. So she'll teach them how to be successful, how to be a good employee, how to make yourself presentable and appeal to the masses? Didn't she have a massive flop in her musical career though?

In short, this does nothing FOR TNA, only something for the Hogans and makes the whole company look poorly runto the outside world. Instead of keeping your friends in high places, it's your kids now eh? On one hand you guys guys from the indys, guys like Daniels who could sell a match with a rubber glove not even being able to maintain their job, on the other you have some no mark, no talent kid coming in to 'run the knockout division'. If I were a knockout, I'd find it insulting. Can only hope it gets made into an angle, because real heat is good for transitioning into wrestling heat, you don't have to do much.

I think it's a poor move, and it's the sort of thing they would have done in that company down South back in the day (<ahem> David Flair).

Goodbye TNA!!! Vince will at least get them cheaper than WCW and with more talent. Bischoff and Hogan suck and are poison. I'm glad I stopped watching TNA a few months after they took over. Couldn't deal with the heartbreak all over again after they screwed up WCW.

On a positive note, at least Brooke admitted she's going to make more money on her back then Steiner did in the ring. lol I guess we all know our limitations and how she got this cake job.

TNA now needs to sign Harry Smith. With Brooke Hogan onboard, TNA can redo an episode of "Hogan Knows Best." For those that aren't to be familiar with the show, there was an episode where Hulk picked out a date for Brooke: Harry Smith. While Brooke was uninterested in Harry, Hulk was already imagining a merging of the '2 greatest bloodlines in wrestling.'

So kayfabe it would be Hulk Hogan hires Harry Smith. Hulk keeps trying to push Brooke's attention to Harry. But Brooke isn't interested.

Now the swerve... after weeks of trying to get Brooke to go out with Harry, Hulk demands to know why she won't. Then she reveals she's already in love with someone. And she reassures that her father will get his wish to unite the 2 greatest bloodlines in wrestling. So she brings in her secret boyfriend:

Garrett_bischoff.png

i can see it now

Is it cold up there on your pedistal?
Dude, she is being put in charge of a division!?!?!?! Least steph went to college. Least Shane did the refereeing etc first, he grew up backstage basically. This tramp, is being given a job, runnning a division....with the only experience being a bombed 'pop' album. This is mind numbingly stupid. And your mindless rants on society, or wrestling history, while not only being a pointless exercise in trying to show intelligence, but won't change the fact that this decision is going to be the name of chapter in the book called 'The Death of TNA'.

Waltman and Steiner seem to be correct in all they have been saying. The only good thing that may come out of this is seeing The Motor City Machine Guns, Austin Aries, Crimson, & AJ Styles in WWE once Vince buys them,

Also if they fire Jeff Jarrett publicly on TV again will be too damn funny.

what in the blue hell is she gonna do for tna??? is the knockout division going to benefit from this? are we going to notice some.....difference...for the good? HIGHLY doubt it. tna frustrates me because i love wrestling and i watch impact every week. and i try my best to be entertained by it. but its assanine moves like this which make the company crap sometimes.

what in the blue hell is she gonna do for tna??? is the knockout division going to benefit from this? are we going to notice some.....difference...for the good? HIGHLY doubt it. tna frustrates me because i love wrestling and i watch impact every week. and i try my best to be entertained by it. but its assanine moves like this which make the company crap sometimes.

That's the thing. I've always said if TNA would just stop trying to compete with WWE and become their own thing they would be better off.

Seriously? This just hurts my brain. Out of all the people they could hire to help manage the KO division, they pick someone who has no wrestling experience whatsoever. And no, having Hogan as a daddy doesn't count.

she would have ended up in the business anyway, so what fucking difference does it make, DAMN YA'LL SOME JUDGEMENTAL PEOPLE AREN'T YOU, seriously? your that damn upset about someone getting a job in something that they basically grew up and around in because that person doesn't have the experience as oposed to the next person, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT WRESTLING RIGHT? FAKE ENTERTAINMENT!!!!! and what is it with the stupid remarks from you morons about her looks? have you looked at yourselves in the mirror lately? think about that before you go and comment on someone else's looks/appearences... as for the person or person's who made the reference about stephanie and shane situations not being the same as her's (brooke's) are you going to stick with that notion? becuase i'm here to tell you that's COMPLETELY UTTER BULLSHIT!!!!! just because they had more of an influence from their father and had more acess in the business than brooke did doesn't change the fact that they sucked the first time that they were given on-screen roles especially stephanie it wasn't till she hooked up with and married triple nose that her character took off, albeith it took time but she grew into her character, how do you know that's possible with brooke.

she is just going to be an on air authority figure for the KO's not a wrestler so I really don't see the big deal, btw you guys that are critizing this what do you think of wwe signing ric flairs daughter.
first off the difference with one going to WWE and the other going to TNA is that Flair's daughter will likely be in FCW and training and working on improving in the ring and being great. Brooke likely wont be in OVW (which i think is their developmental territory now). NOW with that said, if they (TNA)uses Brooke right, she actually COULD be a good signing. i would use her as a heel authority figure because it's most likely the fans will flat out boo her anyway, so i would start her out as a heel.

If I were any of the TNA Divas/Knockouts I would ask for my release so I could go else where (WWE). What makes her qualified to be in charge of anything in a Wrestling Company? Because she thought she could Sing? Because she's Hulk Hogan's Daughter? Whats next bringing in Nick Hogan?

Wow, this is officially the smartest move Dixie has ever made next to hiring Angle. Look at the interest and legit heat it has created. People are really buying the idea that Dixie spends time with Brooke, that she thinks Brooke is creative and will help develop the KOs.

By the way people are eating this shit up I have to say that Brooke has the opportunity to be the best heel TNA has ever seen. Brilliant, now let's see if they can pull it off.

Problem is that it will not help ratings. I fail to see how she can help the knockouts. Is she going to teach them to wrestle? Is she going to help them with their promos? Ugh....

I would love to say that there is no way that I saw something like this happening but I can't. For all the crap Vince takes(and some of it is warranted) Dixie is easily ten times worse. It just boggles my mind that TNA didn't learn anything from WCW or even WWE itself.

This is why many know that TNA will never be competition to WWE.

And, I bet she’s getting a ton of money.

Interesting speculation. Of course, we have no way of knowing, but I wouldn't be surprised if she's getting very little money. It wouldn't even be shocking to learn that Hulk is paying her out of his own pocket.

Face it, he's wanted to buy stardom for his little girl, even paying for studio time for her to record her music.

So, would it be so surprising if he used his pull to get her on TV? Has she been involved in anything in her adult life that didn't involve her father?

If this is so, I can just imagine what the rest of the TNA roster thinks of this; folks who have been working their tails off for years to get ahead.

Stay tuned.

Problem is that it will not help ratings.

What can TNA do to suddenly lift ratings? Going live should help some. Going out of the IZ may help as well but really there is only so much you can realisticly do to increase ratings. However, if done correctly where Brooke develops her own character and maybe feuds with her father could help ratings. Hulk can't do much like he used to do to draw anymore but his personal life does draw. His divorce, son's problems, reality shows and new marriage are a draw. If he is willing to expose that aspect of his life and do it well more people will tune in.

I don't know if this is TNA's plan but it is a possibility.

I fail to see how she can help the knockouts. Is she going to teach them to wrestle? Is she going to help them with their promos? Ugh....

She's not, you're being worked by Dixie.

I would love to say that there is no way that I saw something like this happening but I can't. For all the crap Vince takes(and some of it is warranted) Dixie is easily ten times worse. It just boggles my mind that TNA didn't learn anything from WCW or even WWE itself.

This is why many know that TNA will never be competition to WWE.

There are far bigger reasons than Dixie's incompetence that keep WWE and TNA miles apart. Most of it has to do with what WWE has done and what WWE ois doing.

I dont care for this news, but i will say thats its a sad day for TNA when this drivel gets 3 pages, while nobody even talks about this weeks(and last weeks) impact shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back