Confirmed: Brooke Hogan Released

As always, events like this make me wonder how much influence Hogan really has in the company. Is he truly involved in backstage decision and policy-making, or is he essentially an on-air figure who is scripted to deliver announcements as if he were the one who formulated the messages behind them?

Hogan has ZERO- and I mean 0% control over anything going in TNA he is no different than Hardy or Sting or AJ. he is an employee/ On Air Talent and nothing else.

was posted as much on one of the articles on the main page about her possibly being released.

Either way, I think this is a good move for Brooke and for TNA (and for her future husband as well, for relatively obvious reasons). Her presence on iMPACT seemed like just another marginally talented son/daughter mooching off the fame of a parent (*cough*Garret Bischoff*cough*). After the "Hogan Knows Best" money dried up (and her dreams of a singing career fell flat), I'm sure Hulk got sick of paying for her life of leisure (and presumably his son's as well). After Hulk's divorce, I'd have to imagine that Hogan couldn't provide for Brooke anymore. Linda maybe wasn't willing to, and so Brooke actually needed to work for the first time in her life. Then again, maybe Linda was taking care of Brooke during that time. I don't know. It just seems to me that neither Brooke or Nick were ever really "on their own" financially. Maybe that's all wrong, but they always seemed like "trust fund kids" to me (*cough*Hilton/Kardashian sisters*cough*).

I applaud Brooke for actually working for a paycheck, and not just having Mommy and/or Daddy paying her bills. I don't mean to sound bitter, don't get me wrong - if my Dad was Hulk Hogan I'd beg for a cushy job with a big fat check too! Then again, it might have been Hulk (or the TNA bookers) that approached Brooke so they could insert her into the Bully/A&8s drama. Either way, it worked out for everyone...for a time. Now that Brooke is moving on with her life, it seems that she no longer needs TNA; and they no longer need her, either.

If this rumor is true, then I applaud iMPACT for removing a (assumed) big salary from the payroll. Doing something that's smart for business, even though it might upset a top-tier talent like Hogan (at least in TNA/Spike's collective minds) can't be an easy thing to do. Part of me feels that Brooke may have decided to leave TNA on her own, though (again, assuming she actually has left the company).

Brooke is getting married, and I'd have to assume that she will be able to continue her life of privilege without being paid by the company her Dad works for. Even if she was getting a decent check (I'd have to assume it was six figures a year, or at least close to that), that's chump change compared to what her fiance will be able to provide for her. She can also stay at home that way, and not be around a bunch of other buff dudes all the time. I definitely can't say that I would be happy if my wife worked with a bunch of good looking wrestlers...especially on the road, and away from home. Even though TNA is only taping TV twice a month (I'd have to assume Brooke just does TV, and not house shows), I still wouldn't be thrilled about it. Now Brooke can travel with her fiance if she wants, and won't be bogged down with her own hectic schedule.

Brooke's character on iMPACT seemed unnecessary from the start, until we saw her role in the Bully/A&8s story. After seeing everything unfold, getting her on TV was a smart move...and it paid off handsomely. However, her role in the storyline is pretty much over with. D'Lo played his part in the story, and was swiftly removed from TV (and from the company). Brooke's TNA presence was more important to the A&8s story, so I see why she was involved for longer.

IW might be missing out on a decent storyline, since Brooke might be leaving before she's had a chance to turn heel (revealing that she was on Bully's side the whole time). Then again, I'm sure TNA would have to realize that fans would just compare that to the "Helmsley McMahon Era" in the WWF/E. Then again, HHH & Steph were actually a "real" couple - so the whole kayfabe/"real life" thing wouldn't have been as big of an issue if it had become public knowledge (such as Brooke & Costa's engagement did almost immediately)...even though in the late 1990s/early 2000s a "real life" engagement would have been easier to hide.

TNA is probably better off to never had Brooke side with Bully, although it would have been an easy route to go down. Then again, it would only be easy if Brooke and Phil Costa kept their engagement/marriage extremely quiet...and that's not exactly an easy thing to do in this day and age when both parties are celebrities (whether your definition of their fame is major or minor), not to mention social media & TMZ buzzing around. TNA did a good job of keeping us guessing if Brooke would turn on her father though, and I think a lot of us expected it would happen.

Brooke being on TV was (in my opinion) the last few ticks of the clock on her "15 minutes", and it may or may not have even gotten her noticed by her fiance. If this rumor is true, it just seems more likely to me that she wouldn't have been "released" - but more of a mutual thing between Brooke & TNA. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear that Brooke personally asked for her release.

Don't forget that she did have job with the 'Hogan knows best' reality show. And of course she tried to have a singing career but that flopped and it was only after this that she joined TNA. I think Hogan and Brooke were both hoping that this would lead to her getting more exposure and opportunities to continue her 'singing' career and as a possible lead into an acting career.
We'll have to see how that goes.

As for the thread, it was titled RUMOR, now it's title Confirmed, but I have yet to see anything official sourced showing that is is true.

someone questioned if hogan has influence backstage, and a reply denied he was anything but an employee.
I have to disagree with this. He might not have any official position, but you can't deny that due to his prior reputation and name recognition, he's been given a chance to influence how he's been used and who's been allowed to stay/released and who's received pushes while he's been there.

GLORIOUS DAY!!!!!

And I thought Russo being cut was big, this is GREAT!!!! Brooke should of never gotten signed in the first place, so I'm very happy shes gone.

this is scary. I thought going from Russo to Prichard made TNA worse. can going from Brooke to whoever make the Knockotus even worse?! :wtf: :shrug:

She was basically hired to do the Bully Ray angle which, we can assume, would have culminated in a Brooke heel turn and aligning with Bully. However, she PUBLICLY made a big scene over her actual, real life engagement instead of doing it privately and quietly, which effected the entire storyline and made her entire purpose in TNA meaningless. :banghead:

the first I saw on TNA about Brooke's legit engagement was from Wes Brisco. I've wondered since then if it was a mistake by him rather than part of the story line. then once that was out there TNA couldn't just pretend it didn't happen.

her story line with Bully/Hulk could have been done even without her being being in control of the Knockouts. I think I would have believed that angle more if Brooke had just happened to be around TNA because of her father and got to know Bully and developed a relationship.

but as for being in control of the Knockouts. it was just horrible. I have to believe she did not have any actual control and was nothing more than an on air talent, but look at the Knockouts division from before she started until now. not her fault, but she can looked at to be blamed. look at who is now left, and the "division" is brutal. Mickie James, Gail Kim, Velvet Sky, Brooke Tessmacher, ODB. that's it.

TNA didn't really need her anymore. she played a role as a face GM after heel Karen Jarrett was there. Brooke "made the decision" to have referee Taryn Tarrell become a wrestler and face Gail Kim. but as for her role as the Knockouts GM, she wasn't much use.

what does TNA do now? TNA went from heel Karen Jarrett to face Brooke Hogan. do they need someone again? and if so who?

To whoever made the decision to get rid of Brooke.... This is for you: :worship:

Seriously though, this is one of the best TNA announcements I have ever read. Brooke Hogan is 100% useless. She cannot act, cannot sing, I highly doubt she can work a match, and she's not even attractive. If her last name was not Hogan then she would never have gotten on television shows that worsened due to her involvement, released an album so awful I wouldn't force my worst enemies to listen to it, or walked into a TNA Wrestling ring to ruin an otherwise interesting angle. I boycotted TNA for several months because of her. THANK GOODNESS SHE IS GONE!!!! I seriously would have made my boycott permanent if she ever won the Knockouts Championship. I refuse to give any attention to anything she is a part of and had it not been for the Main Event Mafia return, I would not have watched again until reading an announcement similar to this one.

To say that I am glad she is gone would be an understatement. I detest her more than probably anyone who has ever been a part of TNA or any other wrestling federation. She is living proof that a famous relative can get you anything you want. Now the Knockouts division can focus on improving and more time onscreen can be given to girls who actually have TALENT on the mic and aren't a colossal waste of time like Brooke was. I say just have Ray mention in some promo that he divorced her. That's it. Write her off as quickly as possible and move on without her being mentioned again after Bully Ray brings up the fact that he divorced her. She's not worth going into anything more elaborate than that. Everyone needs to just move on. The quicker the better.

2yuft4k.jpg

The difference is that Stephanie is good enough on the mic and can work a match. Brooke is horrible at anything she does. I don't feel bad for her, I feel bad for the TNA fans that had to endure the torture of having her be a part of the federation for so long.

The difference is that Stephanie is good enough on the mic and can work a match. Brooke is horrible at anything she does. I don't feel bad for her, I feel bad for the TNA fans that had to endure the torture of having her be a part of the federation for so long.

The other difference is I am sure Stephanie grew up in the Wrestling industry. So I am sure she knows the in's and out's of the business (regardless on whatever opinions they have on her ability). Brooke did not grow up with the business, sure her dad is an icon in the industry, but the only reason why she decided to try wrestling is because her music and TV reality career failed.

Amazing that they spent months buliding this thing with Bully and Brooke and they end it with Brooke Tessmacker. Just cause she has a similar name.

The booking team should really be fired. Wow.

Don't forget that she did have job with the 'Hogan knows best' reality show. And of course she tried to have a singing career but that flopped and it was only after this that she joined TNA. I think Hogan and Brooke were both hoping that this would lead to her getting more exposure and opportunities to continue her 'singing' career and as a possible lead into an acting career.
We'll have to see how that goes.

As for the thread, it was titled RUMOR, now it's title Confirmed, but I have yet to see anything official sourced showing that is is true.

someone questioned if hogan has influence backstage, and a reply denied he was anything but an employee.
I have to disagree with this. He might not have any official position, but you can't deny that due to his prior reputation and name recognition, he's been given a chance to influence how he's been used and who's been allowed to stay/released and who's received pushes while he's been there.

You must not have read my post. I did address her time on Hogan Knows Best, and her singing career in the third sentence. Also, I tried my best to acknowledge that this was just a rumor (since it was, at the time I posted) by using words like "supposed", "assumed", etc. I also made it clear in my post that I didn't hold it against her. I'd probably do the same thing (get a cushy job based solely on the fame of my Father) if I had the opportunity. It doesn't change the fact that she seemed (again, I don't know for sure) like a trust-fund kid for most of her life. I know my post was long, but I did address the things you seem to be upset with me about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back