Chavo Guerrero Joins TNA

Another place he could be inserted would be the tv title. We haven't seen much of that title because of the BFg series. I'd rather see him in matches than Devon. The good thing is with the BFg series going on, he should get hot shotted to the main event.

I would bring him in as a lunatic with "Pepe" the wooden sa****se from the WCW days. That was a great angle....freaking hilarious! They could put a twist on it and have him have mutiple personalities where his second persona he is an evil sadistic wrestler who is out for blood. No telling at any time when he could snap from one personality to the other. Ringwise, I wouldnt want to see him be a joke, I would like to see him be a master technichian and flyer that he is capable of but he would have also snap into a brutal brawler at any point durring a match, probably toward the end of his matches to finish off his opponent Then he would usualy snap back into crazy happy go lucky Chavo after the match...grab Pepe and ride around the ring!! LOL!! ILMAO. Im sure Im probably one of the few lunatics who would like this angle.

Preferably, I would like to see him come in as a member of Aces&Eights (see my Aces&Eights Theorys Thread thats if they didnt move it calling it a duplicate) At some point down the road he could get a bad head shot as a member of that gang. It makes him crazy, he goes and gets Pepe out of the closet and says this is now his gang its all he needs. That would move into the crazy angle I first discussed

chavo ani't and never was main event material. He doesn't have the long or the charisma. He has the in ring ability, granted, but that isn't enough. I don't think Chavo can conduct a convincing enough storyline to warrant being in the World Title picture. Plus, since Eddie's passing, he kinda' just taken on his persona at times and I dont like that.

In the X-Division, he'd be a perfect fit. They could even bring his Dad in again and do some heel stuff down the line like they did with the Cruiserweight title years back. Either that or Hector is gonna' be with him.

To those who think age is an issue with Chavo, it clearly is not in TNA. Especially when guys like Sting who are beyond past their primes are still in contention for titles[although the counter point could be made that Sting is a star where Chavo hasn't been made as big a star as Sting]. Chavo is a great fit with TNA since they seem to want to focus on wrestling more. The only problem I see with Chavo is that he's Eddie light. Which isn't a good thing. He shouldn't try to be Eddie or anyone else. He should be Chavo Guerrero a great wrestler in his own right.

Chavo kinda has the Christian effect going for him. He was kind of relevent in WWE at one point, not used to potential, and has the chance to jump to TNA and prove himself worthy of being a main eventer[given the opportunity]. I guess we'll see if he can do well for himself in TNA in a week.

I am also one that figured he would be with TNA sooner or later. I was always a fan of Chavo, especially his in ring work. I think he will be a great addition to TNA, and hope he gets to make some noise in the X division. I always thought he was a tad underused by WWE, and maybe he can shine a little more in TNA.

I agree with Klunk. He's good, but he's old. Probably needs a bit of an initial push, but after that he can put people over. Wouldn't mind seeing him, but wouldn't fork over a lot of cash for him either.

Chavo Guerrero debuts in TNA today and he will set a huge mark in the wrestlign industry history as he will become part of 4 major American wrestling promotions.

ECW, WCW, WWE and TNA now.

Keep it up Chavo!

Any thoughts?? I think this is the first of a kind. Does anyone here seem to remember anyone else who went through this?

"Chavo Guerrero debuts in TNA today and he will set a huge mark in the wrestlign industry history as he will become part of 4 major American wrestling promotions.

Keep it up Chavo!

Any thoughts?? I think this is the first of a kind. Does anyone here seem to remember anyone else who went through this?"

Mick Foley says Hi! :)

Chavo Guerrero debuts in TNA today and he will set a huge mark in the wrestlign industry history as he will become part of 4 major American wrestling promotions.

Keep it up Chavo!

Any thoughts?? I think this is the first of a kind. Does anyone here seem to remember anyone else who went through this?

Well, Chavo was never in the real ECW, so to me the WWE's ECW doesn't count. But people that have been in all 4 companies, including the real ECW, there's a few that have been there, done that.

Raven, Stevie Richards, Mick Foley, Perry Saturn, Chris Candido, Sandman, Kid Kash, hell even Scott Hall showed up in the real ECW for like a day. I'm sure there's others, but I'm going blank at the moment. So yeah, Chavo didn't set any kind of mark in wrestling. :)

Here's a video of Chavo's debut last night on Impact Wrestling. It's pretty shit quality, but it's good enough to get a feel for how he did.

[YOUTUBE]YwcDuxD7brs[/YOUTUBE]​

I think the general consensus here is that Chavo is a great worker with above average talents, that could be immensely helpful to TNA's midcard. I don't disagree. I've always liked Chavo Guerrero, but it's quite understandable why he was kind of lost in the shuffle in the WWE, once Eddie's career took off. Eddie was simply better in every way; he had more charisma and passion in his promos, his matches were a cut above, and he had this way of putting on a character not just in the things he said, but in his facial expressions, his body language, etc etc. Chavo was always the sidekick - a great wrestler trained by the best of the best, but he wasn't Eddie.

I kinda feel for the guy; once Eddie passed and they stopped milking his death for storylines, WWE honestly just ran out of things to try. Chavo became an afterthought, because even Vickie was outdrawing him. It's too easy just to not care about Chavo Guerrero, and that's something TNA is going to need to watch out for. Push him too far, too fast and the fans will bitch about another ex-WWE guy getting the shot. Let him sit with guys like Kid Kash for the next three months and they'll bitch about him being mishandled. I'm just not sure there's anything TNA can do with Chavo that'll both appease the fans and draw money.

He's a great enhancement talent though. Now that we've seen him return, and potentially tease something with big "Supermex" Hernandez, what do you guys think about the potential for a re-branding of the LAX? I literally have no idea how TNA's Spanish announce table works, but they could even potentially bring in Hector as a manager once again. In my opinion Chavo Guerrero is a much better talent than Homicide ever was; no disrespect as I've seen him wrestle in Chicago a ton of times. Anybody else think they could use Chavo to add to a dead/dying tag team division?

I like the pairing with Hernandez. Hernandez has looked fucking awesome since he came back at Slammiversary (look and in ring style) and this version of LAX has a heap more potential than that piece of shit Anarquia. Chavo looks good also, and a potential Chavo/Hernandez tag team title feud with Daniels/Kaz could be very interesting.

The other positive to come out of all this is the tag team of Gunner and Kash. Two Southern rednecks going after the Mexicans makes a heap of sense as a filler feud before they ultimately challenge for the tag titles. This feud also allows the AJ/Daniels storyline to carry on and ultimately end before they challenge.

Good booking, and we'll see where it goes. I like the early signs.

Well, Chavo was never in the real ECW, so to me the WWE's ECW doesn't count. But people that have been in all 4 companies, including the real ECW, there's a few that have been there, done that.

Raven, Stevie Richards, Mick Foley, Perry Saturn, Chris Candido, Sandman, Kid Kash, hell even Scott Hall showed up in the real ECW for like a day. I'm sure there's others, but I'm going blank at the moment. So yeah, Chavo didn't set any kind of mark in wrestling. :)

I read RVD was also part of all the 4 promotions. He was a jobber in WCW though as Scotty Flamingo?

I read RVD was also part of all the 4 promotions. He was a jobber in WCW though as Scotty Flamingo?

Raven was Scotty Flamingo. He's been in all four. RVD was in WCW as a jobber/really low level guy named Robbie V. Raven is the only one to have had an action figure made in all four companies.

As for Chavo, it was about what I expected but with a lot more hype than I was expecting. At the end of the day, Chavo isn't a big deal. He's a name that people know and he's been around forever, but he's not going to shake anything up. There's nothing wrong with signing him but at the end of the day, he's going to be a midcard guy there and based on last night, he's going to be about what he's been for years now. I have little interest in seeing the upcoming tag match but from a technical standpoint it should be fine.

Raven was Scotty Flamingo. He's been in all four. RVD was in WCW as a jobber/really low level guy named Robbie V. Raven is the only one to have had an action figure made in all four companies.

As for Chavo, it was about what I expected but with a lot more hype than I was expecting. At the end of the day, Chavo isn't a big deal. He's a name that people know and he's been around forever, but he's not going to shake anything up. There's nothing wrong with signing him but at the end of the day, he's going to be a midcard guy there and based on last night, he's going to be about what he's been for years now. I have little interest in seeing the upcoming tag match but from a technical standpoint it should be fine.

What I like about Chavo is that he can be part of all the divisions in the promotion. He will fit right in anywhere, tag-team division (Mexican tag team), X-Division, Midcard (TV Title) and even a small shot at World Title won't be bad for him.

There are bunch load of wrestlers in TNA who he can have a good chemistry with inside the ring. He does not have many great matches in his career, but if he is given good amount of time in his matches and put against guys like Rey Mysterio or Eddie Guerrero and CM Punk he can do really well.

I noticed that Chavo never really got decent amount of time for his matches up until his run with the ECW World Title (which was short) and he got totally owned by Kane at Wrestlemania in 8 seconds.

Chavo has started from tag team division in his debut, after a while send him to X-Division and let him be the one who drops the title at Destination-X and challenges the World Champion (whoever he is at that time), preferably Angle or Styles.

I will be really interested to see Chavo vs Samoa Joe at some point of his time with the promotion.

I said it before and I'll say it again; no doubt that Chavo is a great wrestler who is talented inside the ring. As far as entertainment value, he's Eddie light. Eddie was more charismatic and had better timing in the ring. I hate it that Chavo is directly ripping off of Eddie because no matter how hard he tries, he will never be as great. He can be a great addition to TNA and good wrestler in his own right. He'll never be Eddie, though.

In some ways, I liked what TNA did with Chavo last night and in some ways I don't.

As others have said, Chavo is someone that's very capable inside the ring and that's never a bad thing. Chavo is someone that could be put to solid use within the tag team or mid-card pictures. I can see Chavo eventually being part of the X Division but, generally speaking, I think the tag team scene is in need of him MUCH more as it's been incredibily weak for a while now.

The idea of teaming him with Hernandez seems a bit lazy to me. It just seems so obvious that it's as though TNA Creative said "Hey, Chavo's a Mexican wrestler right? So's Hernandez. Let's put 'em together". Not that Chavo & Hernandez couldn't bring something to to the tag team scene, just about anybody could at this point. Hernandez certainly can't get it done alone.

One thing I didn't like was the mixed message TNA sent with Chavo. On one hand, they hype him throughout the show as if him coming to TNA is a big deal but now they're having him feud with nothings like Kid Kash and Gunner. Neither is exactly high on the totem pole at this time. Kash at least has a little something but Gunner is still the generic mid-carder that he's always been. Another thing was the hype itself. I'm not saying that Chavo doesn't have talent, but TNA tried to give the impression that Chavo is a FAR bigger star than he's ever been and I just couldn't buy into it. When it comes to the Guerrero Wrestling Family, Chavo is basically the runt of the litter. He's nowhere near the league that Eddie was, to suggest otherwise is 100% laughable. He's certainly not a "wrestling legend". Yes, I know that he said that the fans say he's a wrestling legend and not him. :p His uncles are/were wrestling legends, his father is a wrestling legend. He is someone that's gotten by entirely by riding on the back of his family name. He's kind of the Matt Hardy of the Guerrero family. Having the male members of his family as wrestling legends doesn't make him one by default. He is the guy that spent 6 months gettg beaten by a "leprechaun" after all and the the times he's been the most relevant in his entire career have been when he's been teaming with or wrestling against Eddie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back