How would you rate Chavo Guerrero Jr's WWE career?

CM Steel

A REAL American
Chavo Guerrero Jr. is a third generation wrestler in the legendary Guerrero family. He's a decent wrestler. And during his hayday in the defunct WCW he had a good run. He won the WCW crusierweight championship many times. He was apart of the Latino World Order with and against his late great uncle Eddie Guerrero. And had decent feuds there as well. But when Chavo Jr. entered the WWE, it was a different road to travel on. He was a crusierweight wrestling with a heavyweight style while there. Sure at first when Chavo first started in the WWE as a singles star he had no direction. But when his uncle Eddie joined him on the Smackdown brand in the fall of 2002 doors & options opened up for Chavo Jr.

He won the WWE tag team title's twice with his uncle Eddie. He won the WWE crusierweight championship a number of times while in the WWE. And Chavo won the WWECW title on the now defunct ECW brand, which is the closes Chavo Jr. had ever gotten close to winning a world title in his whole wrestling career anywhere! Many people feel that had it not had been for Eddie Guerrero, Chavo Jr. would have not been in the WWE as long as he was before & after Eddie's death.

So in your own opinion. How would you rate Chavo Guerrero Jr's WWE career? I would give Chavito a fair B- or a C+

Mediocre. C grade.

He made a decent heel and was kind of a permanent on the roster in the Ruthless Aggression Era. But he was never someone who would put butts on seats. I'd say that he was a generic mid-carder with a generic mid-carder career.

He was one of the only guys from the Invasion that lasted a significant amount of time. I'd say he had a great WWE career. Certainly for somebody who was never going to be a top guy.

He got to hang around with Eddie when he was white hot, as well as being aligned with Edge & Vickie Guerrero at the height of their popularity as a couple. He was given opportunities like holding numerous titles and being allowed to go over people like Rey Mysterio & CM Punk, who even then were so far above him in fans eyes that Chavo should be eternally greatful.

He's also have a WWE job for life if he hadn't decided to leave the company and then slag off John Cena.

Chavo Guerrero overachieved: by leaps and bounds! Thus, his WWE run was a smashing success.

He won the ECW Championship against CM Punk. He had high profile victories against Rey Mysterio. He was a WWE Tag Team Champion with the great Eddie Guerrero. Heck, Chavo was even part of the venerable Smackdown Six. All of this for a wrestler who possessed limited mic skills, a charisma deficit, and a relatively a small body frame.

If every wrestler would overachieve in the same way Chavo did, pro wrestling would benefit immeasurably.

Chavo's WWE run was nothing special. The highlight for me was when he won the ECW Championship. Even though his Wrestlemania match was an extremely short loss, he still made it to a point further than most will. He got to walk into the biggest show of the year as a champion. He also got to be a part of Edge's La Familia stable. I enjoyed his angles with Eddie as well. Then there's Kerwin White. I prefer to block that out of my memory. While his run was nothing special, he did accomplish more than many will. There is absolutely no way that he ever would have won a world title. All in all, it was an average run with a couple of good matches here and there, but none of those who missed out on it missed anything massively significant if you ask me.

DAGGER'S REVIEW
C

Yeah I would agree with Dagger and give him a C, probably a C+.

Chavo is a fairly talented wrestler, but I do believe he got as far as he did because of his surname and the fact that his Uncle Eddie was such a big star. Chavito never really had any great matches, but he was rarely poor in a match. He was just a solid mid-carder who was unremarkable in most ways. I enjoyed some of his work, but was never a major fan of the guy but I think he was kinda useful to have around the roster.

His best work was as a part of Los Guerreros, he worked very well with Eddie and was more entertaining then than at any other point in his WWE run, but the fact he held the ECW championship was yet another shot by Vince at the original ECW and everything it stood for. That pissed me off, no matter that WWECW was never going to be as important to the company as Raw or Smackdown, the fact that Chavo Guerrero held its equivalent of a World Title was a joke.

Overall, I think he did as much as he could in WWE being that he was unremarkable, and average in most ways.

When used well, Chavo was a solid performer. His high water mark for me was his team with Eddie. Their matches with Haas and Benjamin were awesome, IMO. But with shift in focus away from tag teams, and the lack of a true cruiserweight division, Chavo wasn't given much left to work with.

I would say he was a C+. He did good with what he had. If the tag team division got more support, Chavo could've been a stalwart of the division for a long time.

When given the opportunity, Chavo Guerrero knew what to do and did it well. I consider Chavo to be one of those guys who had the wrestling ability, he was a solid worker, but wasn't offered much during his tenure. However, when he was given something to do, he took advantage.

In the early days with Eddie Guerrero, he was a great tag team wrestler. The two worked well together, face or heel, and had decent runs as WWE Tag Team Champions, and I believe WCW Tag Team Champions, but don't quote me on that. Anyway, their feud with Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin was a good one as well.

It wasn't really until Eddie died in 2005 when Chavo was given something good. While his feud with Rey Mysterio did drag, it was emotional, told a great story and featured solid matches. Some of his best I'd say. Next came the Cruiserweight Championship. Aside from Gregory Helms and Matt Hardy, he was the best in the WWE. He may have gone through periods with little to do, but he made it work. Again, feuds with the likes of Billy Kidman and Rey Mysterio in solid matches. Hell, remember Chavo Classic? Of course we can't forget La Familia and the ECW Championship. This was the high point of his career for sure.

I'd say that WWE didn't seem to care much after this, but he had his moments, like the 2011 Royal Rumble Match or his last feud with Sin Cara. He always got back in somehow.

Overall I find Chavo to be a useful mid card guy who can deliver good, solid matches and can hold a championship. He had some highs with Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, CM Punk and Edge, and provided the WWE with a nice sense of wrestling family heritage. He's a guy you want on your roster, but at the same time, what's there for him? Shame.

I always liked Chavo, but for my money he has always been a little boring, he never had "It". Average to above average in the ring, but death on the mic, little or no charisma. As to rating his WWE career, I don't remember him ever having to wear a dress or kiss Vinces ass or be buried in a similarly embarrassing manor, so a pretty good run. Solid C.

Chavo was an enhancement talent who got a better run than he deserved because of his uncle. Every time TNA calls him a legend I chuckle considering the most memorable thing this man has ever done was run around with a wooden horse named Pepe. Chavo was not Eddie, he wasn't close. Hell, he's not even in the same league as Hector because the Gobbley Gooker and Lazer-tron were both more entertaining than Chavo. I really start rolling when people say Chavo should have gotten Rey Mysterio's pitty push after Eddie died. The real testament to Chavo's lameness is that Vickie has turned out to be the better entertainer. After all we don't see Vickie milking Eddie's legacy all these years after his death.

Chavo had what I would say was a "B" level career in WWE. He won what was (at the time) a legitimately recognized World Championship in 2008 when he became ECW Champion. He competed at 3 WrestleManias, being involved in championship matches at all three. He won the Cruiserweight Championship on numerous occasions and the WWE Tag Team Championship three times. Chavo never became a main eventer, but he was a good upper midcarder for most of his run, always entertaining in the ring, and I'd say he had a good career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back