WCW vs WWF/E: Chavo Guerrero

Chavo Guerrero in...

• WCW

• WWF/E

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
Seen as I don't expect him to do any more in the WWE...Here is the next in the series:

Chavo Guerrero Jr.
24.jpg

Years in Promotions
WCW: 1994-2001
WWF/E: 2001-present

Looking at matches, feuds, imapct created and accomplishments, what would you say...Chavo in WCW or WWF/E??

Lets break it down!
---------------------------
Feuds
WCW
Norman Smiley, Eddie Guerrero, Hugh Morrus, Shane Helms, Rey Mysterio...

WWF/E
Rikishi, Edge, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Team Angle, The Basham Brothers, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Billy Kidman, Sho Funaki, Paul London, Shelton Benjamin, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, C.M. Punk, Kane, Santino Marella, Hornswoggle, Evan Bourne, Chris Masters...
Championships & Accomplishments
WCW
2-time WCW Cruiserweight Championship
1-time WCW World Tag Team Championship w/ Corporal Cajun

WWF/E
1-time ECW Championship
4-time WWE Cruiserweight Championship
2-time WWE Tag Team Championship w/ Eddie Guerrero
My Opinion
I'm going to keep this nice and short, (because I am in a hurry at the moment)
Have to pick WWF/E for obvious reasons, his feuds here have been much more memorable, expecially with the same wrestlers he feuded with in WCW e.g. Eddie, Rey.. He has won more championships here in the "E", He won the Cruiserweight championship at 3 different No Way Out ppv's, has anyone else done that?? The feud that won me over was his with Rey Mysterio, so much emotion, and you can't forget his tag title reigns with his uncle, because they lied, they cheated and they stole!!
WWF/E for me!!
What would you say...Chavo in WCW or WWF/E??

Please keep this thread on topic...thank you!

Definitely WWF/E. Chavo has achieved much more during that period of time. He might not be respected properly now or given the time to put on the matches that he could. But he definitely has a bigger legacy in WWE.

Chavo has gotten many more feuds out of this. Some high profile feuds and some not so high profile. He has gotten to work with his uncle on numerous occasions both in feuds as well as tag team championship reigns.

Chavo is definitely a WWE superstar. WWE is where his legacy will be remembered most. Chavo in was best in WWE definitely

WCW by far and away. At the end of the run there Chavo was the MAN in the Cruiserweight division. He just went out there and ripped the thing apart, making everyone else look like a total amateur. The problem is that no one is going to remember that. People are going to remember him for the stick horse and being insane in WCW. His time in WWE is pretty weak with a token ECW title reign and not much else. It's WCW from an in ring perspective though by far.

Tough decision simply because the WWF/E has had bright points and very low points with him.

KB makes a good point about the ending of WCW..

With that being said I'm going to still select his run in WWF/E

He was apart in one of my favorite feuds of all time and the 3 way tag matches to introduce the Smackdown Tag Titles (WWE)

Chava and Eddie vs Benoit and Angle vs Rey and Edge. These three teams gave me memories of the old Tag division where you really didn't see who was going to get the titles next or how long they will reign. Where now the tag division is so telegraphed to the point all you can do is go back and watch feuds like this.

Of course Chavo was involved in story lines in both companies that can sway your vote for negative reasons.

His last couple years with the WWE has some what made the audience forget how good of a wrestler he is.

IMO WWF/E has some what buried Chavo's legacy on 3 separate occasions

1) Kerwan White - It's hard to say this gimmick was a bust because they ended it the night of the death of Eddie. From where it seemed it was going though, I'm glad they decided to squash it (even though it was horrible circumstances for obvious reasons..RIP Eddie)

2) WM XXIV against Kane - I understand the booking behind this but still... 9 seconds? You gave the battle royal for the winner to get this match almost ten minutes.. but you make this match less than a minute? And people wonder why no1 considers the ECW title as a World Championship anymore.

3) Drug out feud with Hornswoggle - Once again, I understand the comedy booking behind this.. but how many weeks in a row can you bury Chavo to get a couple cheap laughs?

So It was a difficult decision to make... but simply because his early run with WWF/E.. I'm going to have to select them. Hopefully there able to do something with his character.. but I doubt it...

WCW by a mile. He may have been billed as the young, upstart Guerrero, but he was never really billed as weak. Even in his feud with Eddie in WCW, they never went as far as to bury the guy. Sure, maybe he did go crazy, but he did stand up for himself. He competed in a strong Cruiserweight division and had several great, memorable matches.

In WWE he held the Cruiserweight title, but the division was so watered down. He had a nice, entertaining run with Eddie in Los Guerreros, but after that he became Kerwin White.:glare:

After Eddie's death he had a nice little push but after WWE decided the novelty wore off he was made to look terrible. Recently the Hornswoggle stuff has buried him so deep he may as well say goodbye to the days where his on-screen character had any credibility. But in at the end of the day, it's all about paying the bills and feeding your family so you can't really blame Chavo too much. He's a loyal employee.

IMO WWF/E has some what buried Chavo's legacy on 3 separate occasions

1) Kerwan White - It's hard to say this gimmick was a bust because they ended it the night of the death of Eddie. From where it seemed it was going though, I'm glad they decided to squash it (even though it was horrible circumstances for obvious reasons..RIP Eddie)

2) WM XXIV against Kane - I understand the booking behind this but still... 9 seconds? You gave the battle royal for the winner to get this match almost ten minutes.. but you make this match less than a minute? And people wonder why no1 considers the ECW title as a World Championship anymore.

3) Drug out feud with Hornswoggle - Once again, I understand the comedy booking behind this.. but how many weeks in a row can you bury Chavo to get a couple cheap laughs?

I agree with #1 i mean WTF was that, being someone new and picking up something new!! He was a Guerrero Dammit...a Guerrero..
Your #2 makes somewhat sense IMO, although Kane is a monster and you could see why they would do this, but Kane wasn't the monster he used to be, plus Kane went from behind...KANE?? His feud with Kane after Mania was okay though, although he never regained the glory..
As for your #3, this is what completely killed and buried Chavo..Damn these KIDS!! They could have used someone like Santino, but no they had to use someone with great in-ring ability!!

Definitely WCW. As others have mentioned, he was actually booked as a legit threat in the cruiserweight division. Obviously with WCW being what it was, he was never gonna make it to the main event scene, but as a cruiserweight he had a pretty strong presence.

In WWE, apart from a few occasions, he's only really played for laughs. Even his more notable achievements are tainted. The Rey Mysterio feud, while it had some great in-ring action, continued to tastelessly milk Eddie's death and got tedious quickly. And losing the ECW title to Kane in 9 seconds was just an insult. I mean, c'mon, fucking Kane?

I haven't seen any of the Hornswoggle stuff, but it sounds pretty ridiculous. The dude's commitment and ability tells me he deserves better. I guess he has to pay the bills some way, poor guy.

I really enjoyed Chavo in WCW, and I think he was well utilized for where he was at that point in his career.

In the WWE, he has obviously done more and been in more high profile situations than in WCW. However, I do think that the WWE has done a vast disservice to Chavo. At this point, I fully beleive that Chavo has much more he can offer WWE. While he's not the best when it comes to the mic, he is more than passable. He is a better wrestler than nearly everyone on the roster today as well.

That being said, WWE wins this one, though I wish they would treat poor Chavo better.

As a side note. Chavo is the only WCW wrestler left from when WCW folded. Rey came a year or two after the inital sale, and Finlay started as an agent. So with nine years under his belt, Chavo obviously has some staying power, which earns him some extra points. Go Chavo!

Also, I'm pretty sure that he didn't join WCW until 1996. Not that it really matters...just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back