• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

It's Time To Lay The SmackDown! On 2011 With This LD On 1/7!

Vincent Michaels

My weapon of choice? A green onion.

Last Week:

Perfect End to 2010
ROCHESTER, N.Y. – As the WWE Universe said goodbye to 2010, Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler once again found a way to hold onto his prestigious title and ring in 2011 on a high note.

Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler def. Kofi Kingston and Jack Swagger in a Triple Threat Match
At WWE TLC, Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler managed to escape with his title in his grasp. In a Triple Threat rematch with Kofi Kingston and Jack Swagger, Ziggler found a way to win again on the final SmackDown of 2010. After Kingston blasted Swagger with Trouble in Paradise, the champion quickly rolled up Kofi for the pinfall. Moments before, Kingston was poised to claim the title after dropping Swagger with a DDT. However, Official SmackDown Consultant Vickie Guerrero prevented the pinfall by pulling Swagger’s leg to the ropes to stop the ref’s count.

SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long hosted a New Year's Eve Party
To ring in 2011, SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long hosted a party. His guests included an array of Superstars, including Drew McIntyre, who predicted he would be become champion in 2011. Despite Teddy’s good intentions for a nice evening, the party ended in an ugly food fight.

Divas Champion Natalya & Beth Phoenix def. Michelle McCool & Layla
After clashing at Teddy’s New Year’s Eve party, SmackDown’s top Divas settled matters in the ring. Divas Champion Natalya & Beth Phoenix rang in the New Year with a tag team victory when The Glamazon destroyed Michelle with a devastating Glam Slam.

The first SmackDown matches of 2011 were announced
At his New Year’s Eve party, Teddy announced two matches for next week’s SmackDown. Rey Mysterio will face Alberto Del Rio in a 2-out-of-3-Falls Match. And, World Heavyweight Champion Edge will defend his title against Kane in a Last Man Standing Match.

World Heavyweight Champion Edge & Rey Mysterio def. Alberto Del Rio & Kane
In a blockbuster encounter, it was the teamwork between World Heavyweight Champion Edge and Rey Mysterio that equaled victory. After Mysterio crushed Del Rio with the 619, The Ultimate Opportunist followed up with a Spear for the pinfall.

Drew McIntyre def. Trent Barreta
Putting his body on the line, Trent Barreta dove out of the ring, attempting to connect with Drew McIntyre. Unfortunately for Barreta, he landed head-first on the arena floor. With Barreta clearly shaken up, the ref declared the match over. Adding insult to injury, McIntyre viciously dropped Barreta to the arena floor with a Future Shock DDT.

Big Show def. "Dashing" Cody Rhodes by Count-out
Big Show proved to be too much to overcome for "Dashing" Cody Rhodes, who was tossed about the ring like a rag doll. When The World’s Largest Athlete was poised to deliver a knock out punch, Rhodes had enough punishment and escaped more brutality by simply walking out of the ring and arena, resulting in a count-out.

Theodore Long made an Intercontinental Title Triple Threat Match
At the start of the night, Vickie Guerrero claimed to be suffering from vertigo due to John Cena lifting her in the air last week for an Attitude Adjustment. With Ziggler at her side, she vied for pity from the WWE Universe – but got none. After Kingston came to the ring to silence her complaints, Swagger came out to agree with Kingston’s assessment of what transpired at WWE TLC. When mayhem ensued between the three, Teddy settled matters by announcing the three would square off in the night’s main event.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight:

Brutal challengeooooooooooooooRinging in 2011

The World Heavyweight Championship hangs in the balance when Edge defends his title against Kane in a Last Man Standing Match. Who will prevail in one of the most grueling encounters in WWE? Also, the rivalry between Rey Mysterio and Alberto Del Rio reaches a crescendo when the two square off in a 2-out-of-3-Falls Match. Who will win the match to prove it all?

Find out this and more, on WWE Friday Night SmackDown!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Royal-Rumble-logo.jpg

The SmackDown! Side:

30-Man Royal Rumble Match

Twenty-seven years ago, the dream of modern-day WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon was made manifest with the birth of the squared circle’s most celebrated spectacle, WrestleMania. More than a quarter of a century later, 30 Superstars will have the ultimate opportunity to realize their dream of performing in the World Championship main event match on this now aggrandized stage for the most brilliant competitors. They can dance on The Grandest Stage of Them All at WrestleMania XXVII. But first, one man will need to surpass the efforts of 29 opposing competitors with the same aspiration in the 2011 Royal Rumble Match. A test of endurance, athleticism and survival at all costs, the Rumble Match is the definitive Battle Royal, where each Superstar’s prime objective is to propel their opponents over the top rope, with both feet touching the floor. Every 90 seconds, one of 30 elite ring warriors with randomly drawn Rumble entry numbers joins the fray. Though luck of the draw can be a critical factor in such a high-stakes situation (ideally, entering at No. 30 like 2007 winner Undertaker and 2008 victor John Cena), past Rumble winners have included Superstars who kicked off the Battle Royal at No. 1 (as seen in 1995 with Shawn Michaels). But, with bodies being tossed out every moment and fresh competitors coming in at such a rapid pace, it’s really anyone’s match. In the end, the last Superstar standing can officially punch a gold-embossed ticket to Atlanta's Georgia Dome, where they will contend for a World Title of their choosing at WrestleMania. However, as the saying goes, “You have to be in it to win it.” Tune into WWE programming and stay logged on to WWE.com as entrants are named for the 24th annual Royal Rumble Match. Then be sure to witness this epic event live on pay-per-view on Sunday, Jan. 30, as the 2011 Royal Rumble defines the course of WWE's new year.

Find out at WWE Royal Rumble, Sunday, Jan. 30th at 8/7 CT, only on pay-per-view.

Olivia_Munn_red-bow_dance_an.gif

I'll be here...got my best clothes on for the occasion especially after reading the taping events from the other night...EEEK!!!!! Dreamy stares starts already in anticipation!! LOL

Looking VERY forward to this. No spoilers allowed and I respect that. However from what I saw with the spoilers I will be damned if this is not an awesome way to kick for Smackdown to kick off 2011.

Looking VERY forward to this. No spoilers allowed and I respect that. However from what I saw with the spoilers I will be damned if this is not an awesome way to kick for Smackdown to kick off 2011.

A-Men Corey. Looking VERY VERY forward EVERYTHING on tonight's SD from what I read from the other night. Why else do u think I posted me wearing my best gear for dancing? LOL

Nice to see Edge rocking the shades and the shorter hair. I was able to accept Edge's title win more because of how insane that TLC Fatal Four Way match was.

A-Men Corey. Looking VERY VERY forward EVERYTHING on tonight's SD from what I read from the other night. Why else do u think I posted me wearing my best gear for dancing? LOL

I thought that gear was best used for defending the solar system from intergalactic doom. But I guess dancing works too.

It's weird to read my name when people aren't talking to me.

Not having an e in my name helps though.

What I'd like to know is why the writers have allowed Edge to CONSTANTLY one up Kane. It got annoying from day 1. Kane was one of the biggest names of the Attitude Era while Edge was a mid carder. Kane has always been one of the company's biggest names while Edge has has been a 1 time World Champion and a 9 time transitional champion for 5 years.

I usually skipped over Kane these last few years and all but with Kane's World Champion reign (at least the first 4 months) were as good as any of us could have dreamed of.

What I'd like to know is why the writers have allowed Edge to CONSTANTLY one up Kane. It got annoying from day 1. Kane was one of the biggest names of the Attitude Era while Edge was a mid carder. Kane has always been one of the company's biggest names while Edge has has been a 1 time World Champion and a 9 time transitional champion for 5 years.

Who cares about where they were during the atitude era? Sounds like you just don't like edge.

How can you call Edge a 9x transitional champion?

Had 4 WWE title reigns- one of them 76 days, 2 of them exactly three weeks and one almost two months.

He had one WHC reign of 105 days. Three two months and one under a month.

So not counting his current reign the writers have thrown it on and then almost instantly taken it right off except for his one reign of 105 days.

Who cares about where they were during the atitude era? Sounds like you just don't like edge.

Edge can put on a great match but I just don't care for the guy no. I just don't think it's right that Edge has always gotten over over some guy who has always been one of the biggest names of the company even when he was in the midcard.

Yeah, Kane, the man who spent the last decade as a jobber to the stars, being bested by one of the biggest rising stars of that same time period makes no sense at all. :rolleyes:

Yeah, Kane, the man who spent the last decade as a jobber to the stars, being bested by one of the biggest rising stars of that same time period makes no sense at all. :rolleyes:

Even if he was a jobber a lot he still was seen as an intimidating presence who did hold a couple of titles. It'd be one thing if Edge bested him but it's just CONSTANT and it's annoying as all hell. Kane beats the arguably the most dominant superstar in the history of the company three straight times but then he looks like a joke time after time when he faces Edge. You think this is good booking? Talk about killing an awesome reign and derailing steam.

Could have watched this earlier but didn't feel like it so I'm watching this shit live for once. Hope this is a good show, looks to be wrestling-heavy just like I like it.

Edge can put on a great match but I just don't care for the guy no. I just don't think it's right that Edge has always gotten over over some guy who has always been one of the biggest names of the company even when he was in the midcard.

Well thats what the buiness does ,guys rise up. I mean were you this angry when Hardy beat HHH for the WWE title?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back