IMPACT Wrestling LD for 11.03.11

What can I say... I'm jaded. I think I want to see Storm kick the everloving shit out of Roode more than I've wanted to see anything wrestling related for the best part of a decade though.

This now makes me question why they didn't just give the title to Roode at BFG if this was just going to be the end result all along. Oh well whatever, nice to see Roode finally win the title even if he did need to turn heel to do it.

To turn up the intensity in the story with the now former World Champion, James Storm.

Though I think they jumped the shark with Roode putting his foot on Storm seconds after having second thoughts of using a bottle on his best friend.

I think being a heel will massively help with Roode's promo work as well. He doesn't have the effortless charisma that James Storm has, and as always seemed more comfortable to me as a villain.

I was thinking that as well. He has to have some better emotion and maybe the turn can help that. It almost can't hurt it.

314606_10150366991411026_31695961025_8469043_1520978263_n.jpg

I was thinking that as well. He has to have some better emotion and maybe the turn can help that. It almost can't hurt it.

I think your review hit it on the head. The end result of Roode being the heel champion is a good thing. However, the path of getting there made absolutely no sense and for Roode to be a full heel this fast makes absolutely no sense.

I'm torn as I do like Roode and I liked him as a heel years ago, but I also feel like this fear of babyface champions in TNA is really getting to me. If the "goal" was always to get Roode as a champ but as a heel, I need to question some things. It actually is ok to have a babyface champion for more than a month, TNA. I promise, it's ok.

Still, I would have liked to have seen Roode's heel turner fester over a few months, or even a month like CM Punk's in 2009. This seems like too much too soon and I'm not at all impressed with how this played out.

Really good match before the shenanigans though.

Wasn't a particularly entertaining episode of Impact. Maybe I should stop reading spoilers. I feel like I'd get more out of TNA if I hadn't already made all my decisions about how to feel about things ahead of time.

I think your review hit it on the head. The end result of Roode being the heel champion is a good thing. However, the path of getting there made absolutely no sense and for Roode to be a full heel this fast makes absolutely no sense.

I'm torn as I do like Roode and I liked him as a heel years ago, but I also feel like this fear of babyface champions in TNA is really getting to me. If the "goal" was always to get Roode as a champ but as a heel, I need to question some things. It actually is ok to have a babyface champion for more than a month, TNA. I promise, it's ok.

Still, I would have liked to have seen Roode's heel turner fester over a few months, or even a month like CM Punk's in 2009. This seems like too much too soon and I'm not at all impressed with how this played out.

Really good match before the shenanigans though.

Roode being a heel does make sense actually.

"I worked 15 years to get my title shot and I got screwed out of it. I don't know when I'll get another chance and I'm going to do whatever it takes to make sure I don't blow it this time. I'll screw him before I can get screwed."

There's your explanation. However, that could have gone on for a very long time instead of about 15 days.

Roode being a heel does make sense actually.

"I worked 15 years to get my title shot and I got screwed out of it. I don't know when I'll get another chance and I'm going to do whatever it takes to make sure I don't blow it this time. I'll screw him before I can get screwed."

There's your explanation. However, that could have gone on for a very long time instead of about 15 days.

Fine, but after shaking hands at the beginning of the match, you would think he would explain that and it might start garnering him heat but people could sort of understand and empathize with that, even if it is nefarious. The actual heel actions at the end of the match just didn't make a lot of sense though and that's the part that's rushed. I could live with him resorting to desperate measures to win (even if he did beat Storm straight up just a month ago), but that doesn't have to seem heelish right away. The fact that he went from respectful to ONE beer shot that he debated and that makes him the type of guy to put his foot on top of his best friend makes no sense. That feels rushed to me and I think he could have worked both sides of the fence with this one for at least a little bit before a full on heel turn happened.

Fine, but after shaking hands at the beginning of the match, you would think he would explain that and it might start garnering him heat but people could sort of understand and empathize with that, even if it is nefarious. The actual heel actions at the end of the match just didn't make a lot of sense though and that's the part that's rushed. I could live with him resorting to desperate measures to win (even if he did beat Storm straight up just a month ago), but that doesn't have to seem heelish right away. The fact that he went from respectful to ONE beer shot that he debated and that makes him the type of guy to put his foot on top of his best friend makes no sense. That feels rushed to me and I think he could have worked both sides of the fence with this one for at least a little bit before a full on heel turn happened.

Well of course it's rushed. It's TNA, where long term booking means knowing what is happening at the next PPV.

I agree. At the least, he should've thrown a fit next week after thinking things through instead of flat out stepping on the guy after he was contemplating the idea of cheating him out of the title or keeping things straight. It came off as a bit of a mood swing.

Something about the Robbie's entrance makes me actually not hate them being on my tv. I could almost see an interesting stable with those two plus Morrison and Melina back in the paparazzi type gimmick.

I don't have a problem with Roode going full heel with it. Sure they could have done a story where he pretended he was regretful about it for a week but it wasn't something they had to do and no one was going to buy it anyway. There is plenty of realism in fully committing to something once you make the tough decision to go there. When he hit him with the bottle he had already made his decision. There is no turning back and by going straight into full heel there it shows that he feels like he made the right one. It is all about the title for him now and his time with Storm is done.

Possibly the best thing about this great story is just how important it made the title look here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back