• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GLAAD runs the show? GTFO

Cena's #1 In My Heart

Getting Noticed By Management
Okay so the whole reason I came to wrestlezone is cause I blasted GLAAD on another forum, so I'll take this to the dirty section of the forums and try to be nicer.

Just who in the fuck doe GLAAD think they are?

They got on John Cena for making a homosexual type remark? And now this crap with Michael Cole?

WWE announcer Michael Cole used the sexual slur "******" on his official Twitter page in a response to a post by fellow broadcaster Josh Mathews.

Cole eventually deleted the post and followed up with a message that stated, "I apologize to any and all who were offended by my tweet toward young Josh Mathews. It was obviously not meant the way it was taken."

WWE responded as well, claiming they alerted GLAAD to Cole's tweet and addressed the situation with him. "Michael will be included in the training session being done by GLAAD."

TMZ decided to pick up the story, and you can check out print screens of the tweets at TMZ.com.

So GLAAD is going to train the WWE guys I assume on how to avoid taking shots at ******s?

Don't worry about steroids... don't worry about the conditioning of the wrestlers.. lets worry about them using gay slang towards each other.

I mean it is a wrestling show..

and as far as this world goes.. the ******s can kiss my ass.. my grandpa told me that **** are a sign of the end of the world in the bible, and yet were basically bending over backwards for them over sensitive pricks? Now their influence has reached pro wrestling and they are going to step in a line and cry because someone says the word "******"?

Well maybe I'm from Alaska and I don't like being called an Eskimo... so If I ever hear that on WWE TV.. I'm going form a group and train them not to make fun of people from Alaska..

my god... this just proves gays are a bunch of sensitive little ******s that can handle being called names.

How come they didn't get on the Rock for all those years of saying he's going to shove things up peoples asses? Oh.. because that probably turned them on... not insulted them.

My rant is over... I can't wait to see the heat I get for this post.

Bottom Line: NO ONE FUCKING EVEN DARE TRY AND CENSOR MY WRESTLING EVEN MORE THAN IT ALREADY HAS BEEN. ESPECIALLY ******S.

You're an idiot. Just because WWE is partnering up wit GLAAD doesn't mean that they can't make sure their guys aren't doing steroids or conditioning the wrestlers or any of that shit.

It baffles me how pissed off people are getting at the WWE trying to be gay-friendly. Quite frankly, I can't believe they haven't done this sooner, a program with a bunch of oiled up, shirtless men grappling with each other seems like the perfect show for gay dudes. The WWE should be trying to offend gays less. What do you think would be going on right now if Booker T tweeted something and Cole said, "******"?

And I hate to break it to you, but I wouldn't put too much stock in anything your Bible says about gays. It also tells us to stone them to death if we catch them, and unless you're in Germany circa 1930-1940, that ain't happening.

Yes the rep was positive because I thought you made a good point by saying they should lead by example.

I just hate how overly sensitive people are about this stuff. You don't hear female dogs complaining when people call people Bitches..

I just hate how overly sensitive people are about this stuff. You don't hear female dogs complaining when people call people Bitches..

You don't hear female dogs complaining... when people call them bitches. Wow. This is the most brilliant thing I've read all week, and I've been reading Plato. This guy blows all the Greek scholars out of the water with that doozy.

Vince called John Cena his ******, Booker was just in the background and then Booker got all, "DID HE JUST SAY... WHAT I THINK HE SAID?"
And just like nobody thinks Josh Matthews is a ******, nobody things John Cena is a ******. Did WWE suffer in the black community because of that incident? If not, why would WWE suffer among gays here? Did the guy who wrote the Vince/Cena/Booker segment get sent to a seminar on racial sensitivity? Then why is sensitivity training an issue here?

SNS returns!

And there are a few things that we have to factor in. First off, John Cena is obviously not black, so calling him a word for black is just silly. Josh Matthews may or may not be gay, and because of this calling him a ****** is a little more fauxpa.

Also, the whole Vince McMahon sketch was clearly comedic, and having a black man in Booker T partaking in the sketch basically showed the world that it's okay. Michael Cole just called Josh Matthews a ****** and bailed, not cool.

Finally, Vince was supposed to look like an idiot for saying that. He goes up to Cena and says, "What's good in the hood!?" like a big goof, and then after he drops the n-bomb, he walks away with his idiot walk. Once again, Cole said ****** in an attempt to be funny or cool or who knows what, but he only looked like an idiot for doing it because he used the word itself, there was no other context to show that he was being a jackass.

I'll take this to the dirty section of the forums and try to be nicer.

Just who in the fuck doe GLAAD think they are?

Bottom Line: NO ONE FUCKING EVEN DARE TRY AND CENSOR MY WRESTLING EVEN MORE THAN IT ALREADY HAS BEEN. ESPECIALLY ******S.

I can only imagine what your original post must have been like.

My rant is over... I can't wait to see the heat I get for this post.

This right here makes me think like you posted this solely for the purposes of getting heat. I'd rather not satisfy you more than saying you seem like a pretty intolerant, low-threshold sort of a guy. That's not an insult, just an observation.

Cole's comment was clearly for comedy and part of his character.

But it wasn't part of a comedy sketch. With Vince, Cena, and Booker there were other elements that made it a comedy bit, and these elements are absent on twitter. I once again ask you to think about what would have happened if Cole tweeted ****** to Booker T. It would clearly be part of his character, yes, but that wouldn't make it any less wrong.

I believe you're the one who needs to chill Mr. gay basher. It wasn't a comedy sketch, comedy sketches have many elements that you can't replicate in 140 characters or less. Twitter is not a good place to use that type of language without expecting reprimands.

But it wasn't part of a comedy sketch. With Vince, Cena, and Booker there were other elements that made it a comedy bit, and these elements are absent on twitter. I once again ask you to think about what would have happened if Cole tweeted ****** to Booker T. It would clearly be part of his character, yes, but that wouldn't make it any less wrong.

I am not claiming it is a politically correct thing to do, I was merely pointing out how absurd it is to claim that Vince's ****** comments are ok because it was all in comedy, but when Cole's does that it is not.

And what was missing in Cole's comment that makes it so it couldn't be comedy? Is it because he wrote it on the internet instead of putting on sketch? By those standards many of the comments on here couldn't be taken as comedy, and you sure as hell don't take them this seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back