• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk is Allegedly "Homophobic"

TheNewStyle

Pre-Show Stalwart
My first thread and since there's nothing posted about it here as I'm typing, I thought I'd put it up now.

WWE Star Hurls Homophobic Slur at Fan

WWE bad guy CM Punk was caught on camera screaming "You homo!" at a fan during a verbal altercation in Australia today ... this as the WWE has said repeatedly they are trying to curb homophobic slurs.

The wrestling organization works directly with GLAAD and even produced a series of anti-bullying commercials following incidents involving announcer Michael Cole and wrestler John Cena.

Calls to GLAAD were not returned.

UPDATE: A rep for the WWE tells TMZ, "WWE does not condone this type of language or bias and we reinforce that with our talent who are independent contractors."

So after that video of him was seen where he says "Nice fauxhaux, you homo!", TMZ are quick to report it and call him homophobic. Now we have to put up with those sensitive fucks from GLAAD crying about this and giving CM Punk a hard time. What the fuck do these assholes want? If CM Punk has a problem with homosexual people (which I doubt), stalking him about it isn't gonna make him change his mind. "Homo" is a slur regularly used by most people as a slang that never actually shows hatred towards homosexual people and GLAAD making a big deal out of it wont make the situation for gays any better. In addition, CM Punk apologized on twitter claiming he's "embarrassed". DAMN THEM! I wanna quote Eminem and out of spite just yell "Suck my dick, are you happy now?!".

I don't think this thread should have been started by someone so obviously bias. Do I personally think it's a big deal? Naw, I couldn't care less. But the problem is that it puts the WWE in a bad light. With the things they are doing now to make themselves look family friendly, and the recent partnership with GLAAD, this and Micheal Coles recent comments are very big deals, and you'd have to be ignorant not to think so.

how does it make you homophobic if you call someone homo? it makes you seem like a mean person, but that doesnt mean that your homophobic. at least cm punk apologised for what he said.

I don't think this thread should have been started by someone so obviously bias. Do I personally think it's a big deal? Naw, I couldn't care less. But the problem is that it puts the WWE in a bad light. With the things they are doing now to make themselves look family friendly, and the recent partnership with GLAAD, this and Micheal Coles recent comments are very big deals, and you'd have to be ignorant not to think so.

Bias? I'm not really that at all. I have absolutely no problems with homosexual people and if anything, I support their rights. But their "rights organization" jumping on everyone they catch saying a word that refers to homos normally is not gonna help them get any better treatment from homophobic people. And is it really a big deal that Punk said it while he was getting annoyed by some asshole on the front row? There are so many more important things to report but instead these websites spend their time listening to every word some wrestler says and make a huge report to put them in a bad light. CM Punk is human just like all of us, he's not perfect and he makes mistakes. Just let it go ffs.

GLAAD , PETA & any other organization that over-reacts to things can GTFO
TheNewStyle said:
I wanna quote Eminem and out of spite just yell "Suck my dick, are you happy now?!".

That too!

Why do they act like GLAAD matters? They aren't the police or something , shouldn't have to kiss ass and apologize.

Why do they even think alligning themselves w/ GLAAD is a good business move? How many people percentage wise are even homosexuals in the world? 1 to 2% or something? How many of that tiny ammount even care if someone said "homo" as an insult to someone else. Who fucking cares.

The post below mine said:
It wasn't like he did it in a press conference, interview or anything else.

Right. I could see them having to get on punks case if he called the entire live audience and all the fans watching at home '******s' on live national TV. But calling one guy at a house show a 'homo'? Come on...

This story should not have even made news IMO

People jump on these stories too quickly. This was a small slip of the tongue while he was in character talking to a few guys. It wasn't like he did it in a press conference, interview or anything else.

I think all wrestlers should be careful with using those words but this doesn't make CM Punk anything along the lines of homophobic.

Punk on this trip down under has been nothing but aggressive towards the crowd and i have seen it first hand, and he really is pushing the limit with how he has been with the crowd

Punk on this trip down under has been nothing but aggressive towards the crowd and i have seen it first hand, and he really is pushing the limit with how he has been with the crowd

Which is exactly how a good heel should be. Keyword being "PUSHING" the limit, not breaking it by doing something like attacking them or breaking the law.

This isn't even a story. He's not homophobic for this remark. Think up a way to insult someone, right now, off the top of your head, without resorting to curse words like "fuck" "shit" etcetera. I can bet you at least half of what you'd think up would be considered "offensive" to some group with nothing better to do than nitpick because it gives their issue publicity, good or bad.

This is a very unfortunate thread. I'm sure some of your best friends are gay, right? Seriously, you are homophobic.

As for Punk, he apologized on twitter, in what I think was a genuine apology. I don't think he is homophobic, I think he just got caught up in the moment. And his apology was much better than anything from Cena or Michael Cole. But really, this thread is embarrassing.

I have had a problem with this GLAAD thing since the Kobe thing a while back. I feel like now a days the word Homo or *** is becoming more and more a taboo word for no reason at all. Now do I condone use of the word no..... But I for one do know that the word homo is used more to people who aren't gay than people who are. This is what I never really seem to understand about these gay right organizations. They preach equal rights and they wanted to be treated just like everybody else but when words that are usually associated with a gay person are used they freak out and say "don't use that word". I am black and I have no problem with anyone saying the N word as long as it's not used in a racial form to black people. I feel like gay people should feel the exact same way..... If it isn't towards them then they shouldn't feel bad about it. Every race, sexual orientation, religon, etc.... has some kind of derogatory term that's used to make fun of it, IMO the word homo shouldn't get any more media coverage than all the rest.

This is a very unfortunate thread. I'm sure some of your best friends are gay, right? Seriously, you are homophobic.

As for Punk, he apologized on twitter, in what I think was a genuine apology. I don't think he is homophobic, I think he just got caught up in the moment. And his apology was much better than anything from Cena or Michael Cole. But really, this thread is embarrassing.

No, I have no gay friends. None that have admitted it, at least. And if you think I am homophobic, you'd probably think I'm an angel in comparison to some of my friends. Most of them seriously discriminate homosexuals and think negatively of them for their sexual orientation. I do not, however.

And how are you trying to tell me I'm homophobic? Why? Cause I find overly sensitive people annoying? I don't think homosexual people would even be offended by that. It's just the media and sites like TMZ making a big deal out of it. I highly doubt CM Punk's messages were genuine. I actually have a funny feeling they forced him to apologize, Punk is not one of these stupid politically correct people and no way would he genuinely apologize to something so stupid if he didn't have to.

And anybody who thought I called CM Punk homophobic needs to get their head checked, seriously. If that's what you thought I did when reading this thread, YOU are the embarrassment.

I am so sick of (gay) people saying that if someone says a homophobic siur their the one's that are considered homophobic! That is straight up bullshit! Gay America & other parts of the world have to understand that there are some people out there who just aren't down with the gay community and the gays just have to accept that just like us straight people have to accept gays in this world.

So I'm not mad at people like CM Punk and Kobe Bryant for saying what they did to others. For all we know that aussie could have been gay? The part of the world is called the "down under" for a reason you know.

Jesus, people will jump on anything for a story.

If you can't tell when a guy is being a heel, you don't deserve to be at a f***ing wrestling show.

This thread is going to go nowhere. Its probably a mistake for anyone to even post on this thread but what the hell.

You either don't care AT ALL or you're offended.

I could care less what Punk said and deep down inside I don't doubt that at the very least he is uncomfortable around gay men, like pretty much every straight man in the world is whether they say it publicly or not. If this were ten years ago there would be no apology, Punk called the guy a homo because he is a heel and he knows how to insult a straight guy.

Either way, you can't call fans homo's anymore, because this is not a mans show anymore, its pg.

So, let me see if I understand the story. The bad guy at a professional wrestling show made someone mad. What's the problem? Seriously, "get people to dislike you" is part of CM Punk's literal job description. Or, have we actually reached the day in which the morals of fiction are being dictated by outside forces?

Paul Brooks has to apologize because the character he plays on TV said a bad word. Fuck it. I'm calling people "Muggle" from now on. But, knowing my luck, a group of J.K. Rawling fans will bitch about how that's offensive to people who can't use magic.

I honestly can's stand the political correctness in this country...

It seems like if your a guy who's not willing to stick your tongue down a guys throat whilst fingering his asshole, that makes you a homophobe.

Groups like GLAAD are so ridiculous, they go around police-ing the things that individuals say and try to actually tell you you're wrong about the way you feel about a certain subject.

Is CM Punk a homophobe? I don't think so. Even if he is, this is America and he has a right to be, if he doesn't agree with a certain lifestyle that's his choice. I'm just tired of all these special interest groups going around telling people they have to think, believe and act in a way that makes them feel good. That's so gay...

He retweeted a bunch of pro gay marrige posts on twitter when gay marrige was legalized in NYC. He also has a Q&A on his website where he says he supports gay marrige. I know hes not homophobic, I actually have my doubts about him (I think I'm the only person who picked up on him kissing Del Rio o the cheek when they won a tag match a while ago). But thats his personal life and his personal views. I'm glad that he owned up to what he said and appologized. I do think however, that TMZ was just looking for a story. First of all homo isnt a slur, its the abbreviated phrase for homosexual. And second of all the video conveniently starts when Punk confronts them, not when they did whatever they did to aggrivate Punk, a guy who has showed us that he could care less about what the fans think. It just doesnt add up. I'm not judging a guy based on one incident. It wouldnt be news if your or I said something like that to someone who pissed us off, but since Punk actually wanted to do something better with his life and be someone significantly important in entertainment he has to have people watching his every move, just waiting to ruin his image. Thats why most of these celebrities crack under pressure, you try having people hang on your every word and see how it feels.

This has been blown completely out of proportion, it was just a work to the fans ringside like every heel does, except we had the advantage of being able to hear it. Me and my friends call each other "homos" all the time and noone is that sensitive! I also have a friend who is gay and he wouldnt be offended by that either, people need to get a grip!!!

The *****fication of America continues. Wrestling is entertainment. But TMZ, the bottom feeder site they are, turns what ever they can into a story to make money. WWE since they are a public traded company had to apologize about it. It would have turned into a PR nightmare if they didn't. I think the only entertainers I know that stand up to this stupid PC country is Kevin Smith and Quentin Tarantino. But I rarely follow entertainment news and only catch they headline for a few seconds when I sign in to check my email. So they may be more or those two may have apologized to something else. They story would be different is Punk was out on the town and said it to someone or said it in a personal blog, but it wasn't. Point of my post its entertainment not real life. People need to learn the difference.

The *****fication of America continues. Wrestling is entertainment. But TMZ, the bottom feeder site they are, turns what ever they can into a story to make money. WWE since they are a public traded company had to apologize about it. It would have turned into a PR nightmare if they didn't. I think the only entertainers I know that stand up to this stupid PC country is Kevin Smith and Quentin Tarantino. But I rarely follow entertainment news and only catch they headline for a few seconds when I sign in to check my email. So they may be more or those two may have apologized to something else. They story would be different is Punk was out on the town and said it to someone or said it in a personal blog, but it wasn't. Point of my post its entertainment not real life. People need to learn the difference.

Couldnt have said it any better hunter, its just a work and as usual people just being over sensitive. And on a different note, isnt CM Punk the best thing to happen to WWE in many a year???

GLAAD is just trying to get more free publicity, so they can continue to promote their agenda, trying to censor us and act as thought police.

People are quick to label others homophobic. I use gay slurs all the time, both in humor and as insults. But I'm not afraid of gays, and don't necessarily have a problem with people being gay. However, I will admit, the gays walking around half naked in those parades annoy me.

Anyway, they got all they could out of Tracy Morgan, so now they wanna put a gun to CM Punk's head and force him to sell their agenda for a few weeks.

Not surprising considering our overly sensitive, PC society. I have no problem with people of any sexuality, it's their decision right? Still, using a word that has entered the English lexicon as a synonym for "loser, sissy etc", said in a way that does not implicate anyone as a gay man, does not mean that Punk hates or fears homosexuals. I find some gay rights organizations to be a bit overzealous at times. If a villain in any movie is gay, they riot. If homosexuality is portrayed as anything other than beautiful and positive, if homosexuals are portrayed as anything other than the most open minded people on Earth, then they riot. TMZ of course is like any other celebrity media site. Looking to stir controversy to get people to read. Of course they have their own bias to what is considered 'hip' and 'trendy' which of course is gay rights, or whatever Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga are doing.

I honestly believe that the first amendment is on it's way out of the constitution because every time I turn around there is some special interest group telling us what we should and shouldn't say. Being black myself I'm not a fan of the "n" word but I don't care as long as it's not being used in a derogatory manner. That is the big thing. I feel we should be able to say what we want providing it isn't slanderous, causing a panic, or derogatory. But that won't happen since everyone is so damn sensitive. I have more gay friends than I can count and they make more gay jokes towards everyone than any straight person I know. Where do these groups get off telling us what we can and can't do? What's next? They start stripping our other rights? Fuck that. I say screw those groups! They don't pay my bills and they DAMN sure don't run my life!

Of course TMZ wants to help in blowing this out of proportion, because if you are not gay yourself and you utter the words homo in a bad light you're homophobic. I highly doubt that this is the case with Punk. He simply got angry, is that an excuse? No, he should know the drill by now, I get that but good Lord people are just overly sensitive about it. It makes me sick, I'm all for Gay rights, if you're gay you should be treated fair but when saying "homo" you're just saying homosexual at least he didn't call him a ****** or something more drastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back