• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Michael Cole Homophobic Slur

mr_dna

Pre-Show Stalwart
Michael Cole went to far with this and the way it is read sounded homophobic. Then you read that if it wasnt for WM and the focus on him he would have been fired i find this wrong Cole is a nobody really and i dont even think he is needed in the WWE and with a comment like that and WWE partnership with GLAAD it is a bit of a tricky spot .

One way to solve it know King v Cole Loser gets fired and they need to burry cole and show them that Homophobic comments will not go unpunished in the WWE

I have a few both male and female friends that are gay and i know how much comments can hurt and cause problems with confidence and just feel that the way its been handled due to his WM involvement is more of a slap on the wrist and sets no example for anyone about using these kind of comments

Thoughts ?

I say this as a person who had a gay best friend growing up: calling someone a ****** does not make you a homophobe. It highly depends on the context and the person who is being called it. If Josh Matthews is indeed gay and Cole knew that, then yes, he was being homophobic. But I called my brother (and my gay friend) ****** all the time as a kid, and I didn't mean it in a homophobic way at all. It's just a substitute word for "prick, a**hole, punk, etc." for many of us. It's the same as calling someone ******ed -- you would never call a ******ed person that.

However, I do think society is starting to realize that it's a huge sensitivity issue. Saying it to your friends when you're kidding around is OK, but if you throw the word out in public, you risk hurting innocent bystanders with a "drive-by" insult. I believe GLAAD's partnership with WWE is to promote awareness, and I do think Cole has to be taught that awareness. I don't think he should be fired on the spot, as he wasn't calling a gay person that, but he shouldn't be allowed to say it again.

Also, formal matters aside, I find it laughable that you think Michael Cole is a nobody. He's one of WWE's top heels at the moment. He gets about as much heat as Vickie Guerrero, and is tied into the general manager angle and is the biggest promoter of the current WWE champion. I truly hate him, not just as a character, but as a person as well. Which is good... it makes for interesting TV. I will enjoy seeing his comeuppance come at Mania. :)

Ok look, I have absolutely no problem with homosexuals. If they want to be equal then that's all fine and dandy... But here's the problem with being equals.

It's not limited to just positive reactions. Sometimes, just like we in the African American community, you're going to find some people who just don't like you. And to be honest, that's all THEIR RIGHT just like it's YOUR RIGHT to be gay. Seriously, if they want to be equals then they should be prepared when the negative side of that equality comes up into society.

As for the Michael Cole situation, I don't find what he said to be anything too serious. It's just one guy and his honest to God opinion. If the GLAAD community has a problem with FREEDOM OF SPEECH then maybe it's THEM who needs to be sued.

Getting fired for this is drastic in my opinion.

Michael Cole is a human being. I think the problem here is that he is forgetting about how many people read his comments. It is a bit daft though when you see his announce booth / 'cole mine' with his twitter address across the front! Obviously everyone who watches RAW knows his twitter address because we have been seeing it advertised for the past few weeks! I find that the funniest thing, he advertises us to go there and he just calls Josh a ******! Not good!

However, it will be interesting to see if he has his twitter address advertised tonight!

Personally, I think WWE stars having twitter is ridiculous. It's just setting yourself up for trouble. They need some sort of social network training, or someone to monitor their posts before they go live.

Normally, this wouldn't have been such a big deal. A bit of negative press, Micheal Cole in the dog house for a few weeks. The problem is that less then 2 weeks ago, WWE and GLAAD partnered together to stop this behavior, only for Cole to go make a comment like that. The timing couldn't be worse for WWE because Cole/Lawler is one of the top draws at Mania iMO. This puts WWE in a very tough spot, and although I don't know what will be done, I doubt we'll see Cole next week on RAW, or for a while after that.

The part that sucks the most about all of this is the fact that Cole is the best heel on RAW right now and that his match with Jerry Lawler was all set to be a fun damn sight to watch, and NOW, nobody in their right mind thinks Cole will go over in any way, shape or form. King is going to squash him, Austin is going to help, and Cole is going to either be humiliated, fired, or both.

I just don't get it. How do these people CONTINUE to let pushes go too far? What is it that's so tough about keeping things even keel when you're a major focal point?

Normally I'd take issue with GLAAD getting involved, but after that Rutgers kid killed himself over being broadcast on the net for being gay and with all of the middle-school, high school, and even college-aged bullying of gays turning so ugly so often, you'd have to be such a naive liberal not to realize that its a problem. Questions like "why is GLAAD making such a big deal about it?" are foolish questions. It's a big deal because it's a massive problem in our society and it's leading to murders and suicides. So they're trying to curtail it...

Michael Cole should consider himself very, very lucky that the match for WrestleMania was made before he said what he said on Twitter. As per the article on WZ's home page, it seemed quite clear that if it wasn't for the WrestleMania match then Cole would be fired.

IC, you bring up the point of Michael Cole being squashed and Austin getting involved. Before this happened, that's how I saw it going down anyway. Cole had no chance of actually winning this, not with Steve Austin as the guest referee. I think that regardless of this event, the match result still would have been the same.

Michael Cole, as a grown man and with the recent Cena/GLAAD issue, should have really known better than to call Mathews what he called him. He's an idiot for thinking it would be ok.

You know, when I read about this, the first thing I thought was that Cole was going all Ultimate Warrior and the lines between his character and his real life were breaking down. Who knows, maybe he is a petty, neurotic megalomaniac in real life. He's been portraying his role quite convincingly. I mean, this almost makes sense in a fucked up way. He's really become virtually intolerable, and this is coming from someone who loves good heel work. I thought interrupting the diva's match was kin to kicking a three legged dog: Eve and Maryse may not be particularly enthralling in the ring, but that was just uncomfortable. Speaking of uncomfortable, seeing Cole talk shit about Lawler's dead parents right to his face was pretty hard to watch, too. I doubt that Cole came up with the idea himself, I mean Lawler had to sign off on it, right? But didn't it seem to come easier from Cole the second time as opposed to when he first brought it up?

I'm just kind of riffing here to figure out why hell such a high profile personality pulls this kind of a boner right before 'Mania. I think IC25 has pointed out the heart of the matter, I would agree that all of this focus could very well have warped him in some way, just like when Jim Hellwig did batshit crazy promos for so long that he began to literally believe that he was the Ultimate Warrior. I think Cole was trying to be downright vile, as he has been, and overstepped a boundary he either didn't see at all or underestimated.

Michael Cole should consider himself very, very lucky that the match for WrestleMania was made before he said what he said on Twitter. As per the article on WZ's home page, it seemed quite clear that if it wasn't for the WrestleMania match then Cole would be fired.

IC, you bring up the point of Michael Cole being squashed and Austin getting involved. Before this happened, that's how I saw it going down anyway. Cole had no chance of actually winning this, not with Steve Austin as the guest referee. I think that regardless of this event, the match result still would have been the same.

Michael Cole, as a grown man and with the recent Cena/GLAAD issue, should have really known better than to call Mathews what he called him. He's an idiot for thinking it would be ok.

EXACTLY. This is a mature, realistic response. Most get on their high horse because this paints wrestling in a negative light at the moment. Its like kicking a dying cat while it tries to get some water.

Cole, knew better than this. People can bring up the tired ''Freedom of speech'' stuff. But if I dropped the words N*gger, to speak about Booker T, or anything like that, I would be outed instantly by this forum. (Mind you, this is an EXAMPLE, therefore will be anyone judging me, will be ignored for not paying attention to the point)

Prejudice is NOT okay in ANYWAY. There were hundreds of insults that Cole could have said, He could have even called him a prick, Its a negative insult, but NOT connected to any group at all.

When in the public eye, alot of the regular freedoms are NOT there, bottom line, its the way its always been. But...the thing is, we should NOT have the freedom to say things like that. People hold onto the freedom of speech more for negative things than positive (See Eminem, Micheal richardson, Howard stern) Thats when people want to use that EXCUSE, is when they feel they can say whatever they want, even if it bothers people, its a immature stance most of the time. You never hear people get pissed off when someone says ''I want world peace'', they don't need to bring up freedom of speech, because they know in their heart of hearts, It did NOT insult ANY group of humans at all. Yet people, who refuse to grow up, use that excuse EVERYTIME they say something they KNOW served NO purpose, and only said it to anger people. Its childish.

Everyone bashing GLAAD, and such, should really look at themselves, and just wonder if they are really protectors of the ''Freedom of speech'' or if they are just homophobic. And its completely on you, If your homophobic, Im not here to judge you, as Im married to a woman, Im not gay at all, BUT I do support ALL humans and their choices in life, but stop acting like Marks, feeling you have to support Cole, he fucked up, Bottom line. Let him take his lashes and move on.

I agree with Straight Line Stitch. If people want to be equal then they have to learn to deal with the negative comments that will come. People are WAY to sensitive now a days and it seems like almost ANYTHING can "hurt someone's feelings." Hell, even in schools you can get in trouble by a teacher for calling someone (even just a friend) a "******". BIG DEAL! People need to grow up and stop whining about any and every little thing! As far as I am concerned, Cole was just adding heat to his heel character which is perfectly fine. If people are going to have a problem with certain things, DON'T READ IT, OR DON'T WATCH IT! WHATEVER!
To sum it all up, PEOPLE NEED TO QUIT THEIR BITCHING! About EVERYTHING and ANYTHING!
We have freedom of speach for a reason, just an fyi.

Maybe everyone is just too damn sensitive these days. I'll leave it at that.

When your in the PUBLIC EYE, you cannot give off prejudice slurs like that, why do people act like they live in La La land, Its NOT the way it is in hollywood and in the media.

People say stuff like this CONSTANTLY on youtube and such, but it does not make it okay, ever. He could have called him a cum guzzling gutter ****, YET it is NOT an insult towards any specific group, especially one that gets the shaft constantly (be mature and do not think thats some lame pun)

Its heterosexual males that pull the whole ''Freedom of speech'' band aid over some idiot that says stuff like that, because its proven that Heterosexual males are the most insecure people I know. And as stated, Im not gay, Me and my wife constantly speak on how gay's are able to be the whipping ''boys'' of the world, yet the MINUTE someone says a negative word or slur towards blacks or jews, the world stops. Its Un-needed, and uncalled for. Being so accepting of prejudice takes us back to the slave days. Thats the problem with the internet, People say things so fast they don't think, they just do, and they come off as idiots, thoughtless idiots, that stand on the ''Freedom of speech'' crutch when people get mad at the immature comments they made.

''You a ****** ****** wop spic jiggaboo ****** kike, but HEY, You can't get made, because I gotz da freedom of speech''

Use the freedom of speech, I agree, but use it for something that matters, not because you to stupid to speak on things maturely

I think you guys are reading WAY too much into the Michael Cole homophobic slur. I do not know Josh Matthew's sexual orientation, nor do I really care to be honest. If Matthews is gay in real life, then I think there will be repercussions for Cole because the slur would be far more hurtful and politically incorrect. If Matthews is not gay in real life, then this should be viewed as nothing more than an inappropriate comment for which he will get a slap on the wrist and nothing more. Like Papa Zapatista said, people use such vernacular all the time. It may not be right, but they do. You get mad at a guy and call him a ******, it is nothing more than calling him a jerk or an asshole. As I said, if Matthews is gay and Cole called him a ****** specifically derogatory because of it, that's one thing. Otherwise, he will be reprimanded, told not to say it again, and that will be that.

The outcome of WM will not be changed because of this. He was going to lose to Lawler anyway, and get beat down afterwards anyway, including a stunner and a beer bash from SCSA regardless. This will not be affected one way or the other by this tweet.

A little while ago, Alex Riley was arrested for impaired driving. People, myself included, thought he would be embarrassed, fired, etc., and what happened? Nothing really over and above a couple of snide comments on the show. He remained exactly where he was prior to his arrest. Same will go for Cole. He's the chief announcer on all of the WWE shows at the moment. He's their main heel. He may even still be the anonymous GM. And you think he will be fired for calling some guy a ******? Not a chance. As with other similar things, he will likely apologize and it will all go away and be forgotten, end of story.

As a gay person i dont like the word ****** however, i understand pre opening why people say it. To me it is an insult if you mean to hurt someone of that community. I have gay friends and they call each other *** all the time but do not get hurt by the very word they eschew when others use it. I hate bigotry but i HATE hypocrisy even more.

Do i let it bother me? No? Now if some drunk guys gettin in my face screaming it then its a problem. A nobody like michael cole being a 12 year old on twitter? Ha.

I think you guys are reading WAY too much into the Michael Cole homophobic slur. I do not know Josh Matthew's sexual orientation, nor do I really care to be honest. If Matthews is gay in real life, then I think there will be repercussions for Cole because the slur would be far more hurtful and politically incorrect. If Matthews is not gay in real life, then this should be viewed as nothing more than an inappropriate comment for which he will get a slap on the wrist and nothing more. Like Papa Zapatista said, people use such vernacular all the time. It may not be right, but they do. You get mad at a guy and call him a ******, it is nothing more than calling him a jerk or an asshole. As I said, if Matthews is gay and Cole called him a ****** specifically derogatory because of it, that's one thing. Otherwise, he will be reprimanded, told not to say it again, and that will be that.

The outcome of WM will not be changed because of this. He was going to lose to Lawler anyway, and get beat down afterwards anyway, including a stunner and a beer bash from SCSA regardless. This will not be affected one way or the other by this tweet.

A little while ago, Alex Riley was arrested for impaired driving. People, myself included, thought he would be embarrassed, fired, etc., and what happened? Nothing really over and above a couple of snide comments on the show. He remained exactly where he was prior to his arrest. Same will go for Cole. He's the chief announcer on all of the WWE shows at the moment. He's their main heel. He may even still be the anonymous GM. And you think he will be fired for calling some guy a ******? Not a chance. As with other similar things, he will likely apologize and it will all go away and be forgotten, end of story.

No doubt, My point is, not even speaking on Cole himself, we're peons to him, and our opinion doesn't really matter. My issue is when people are so accepting of prejudice words, Your speaking about ''people using this vernacular all the time'', doesn't make it right my friend :)

Cole will NOT be fired for this, Many wrestlers have done far worse this, like I said, he'll takes his licks, and he'll keep it moving, He'll prob just have less screen time for a bit. Thats all

But my reasoning for my posts, is the reactions towards GLAAD, Im a advocate for Gay marriage etc, because as much as people hold onto the freedom of speech,I support CIVIL RIGHTS. But that argument is NOT for this thread, Cole may not be homophobic, and I bet he isn't as its known many wrestlers are gay, for fucks sake Pat patterson, so I doubt he is, I don't like the fact that people ALWAYS get on the ''offended'' person/groups back, Just as much as people have the Freedom of speech to say hateful stuff, The offended has the FREEDOM OF SPEECH to speak on their thoughts of said hateful words

''As a gay person i dont like the word ****** however, i understand pre opening why people say it. To me it is an insult if you mean to hurt someone of that community. I have gay friends and they call each other *** all the time but do not get hurt by the very word they eschew when others use it. I hate bigotry but i HATE hypocrisy even more.

Do i let it bother me? No? Now if some drunk guys gettin in my face screaming it then its a problem. A nobody like michael cole being a 12 year old on twitter? Ha.''

Thank you, You've proven what I was speaking of, Its only the heterosexuals that find it okay to say that, I appreciate your post since it shows what I mean. Homosexuals get the short end of the stick in SO many of the rights that others abuse

Suspend him. Just like WWE did when Michael PS Hayes said a bad thing towards Mark Henry during WM weekend a few years ago. Make him go to GLAAD classes. Make him understand that what he Tweeted was not cool and give him one more chance.

Ok look, I have absolutely no problem with homosexuals. If they want to be equal then that's all fine and dandy... But here's the problem with being equals.

It's not limited to just positive reactions. Sometimes, just like we in the African American community, you're going to find some people who just don't like you. And to be honest, that's all THEIR RIGHT just like it's YOUR RIGHT to be gay. Seriously, if they want to be equals then they should be prepared when the negative side of that equality comes up into society.

As for the Michael Cole situation, I don't find what he said to be anything too serious. It's just one guy and his honest to God opinion. If the GLAAD community has a problem with FREEDOM OF SPEECH then maybe it's THEM who needs to be sued.

i think this sums it up best of all i have no problem with gay people either i also dont think cole meant this in a homephobic way and shudnt be made in to a big deal and my opinion on GLAAD or whatever there called kicking off about john cenas rap on raw it was just a joke with no real malice in it and i think they need to lighten up a bit

i think this sums it up best of all i have no problem with gay people either i also dont think cole meant this in a homephobic way and shudnt be made in to a big deal and my opinion on GLAAD or whatever there called kicking off about john cenas rap on raw it was just a joke with no real malice in it and i think they need to lighten up a bit

You guys are completely missing the point.

Its not that the ''People aren't going to like you'' mumbo jumbo. Cole, or the rest of the world does NOT have to LIKE a group, or orientation. But, to throw terms out there like that, that are specific insults to a groups, is something that they DONT have to do either.

My points are being neglected because they are ON POINT to what most people fear. Equality is something that the US touts, but hardly follows. And you yourself Straight Line Stitch, if people called you ******, just because, THATS a insult, and one that can be ignored, Yes? BUT its not always just slurs for Homosexuals, and you know that. Their RIGHTS are neglected, and you as a ''Black'' person, should be the first in line to respect others rights, but its also statistically proven, that blacks are the most homophobic of all races, not ALL blacks, but as stated, Stats don't lie.

This is a situation of Cole saying something EXTREMELY childish on twitter, and he will be reprimanded, but to see so many fans on here, condoling hate words, is a bit disgusting. But I forgot, Freedom of speech. Freedom of Hate speech indeed

John Cena's lines were borderline, but I agree, THEY were a bit too sensitive for that, BUT Cena also did NOT use a prejudice slur on live TV. Cole used one on a public internet social site, BIG difference

Am I the only one in the world to see this for what it is.

Guys & Gals; IT'S A STORY LINE! The story line is that Cole is supposed to be a *********** and an asshole to every and all (except the Miz). The problem is that his "charcacter" went too far and did something stupid. It has nothing to do with Michael Cole being homophobic. PAAAAA-LLLLEEEEEESSSSSSSEEEEEEEE!

Vinnie wants heat on the character. Cole crossed the line on his own. Now Vinnie needs to do damage control. What he should have done was issue ONE statement and drop the subject entirely. Something along the lines of this, would have quickly squashed the whole thing:

"Michael Cole's on screen character was groomed to be despised and we in the WWE allow our characters flexibility to draw heat in the best way they can to further enhance the product; but within a certain boundry. Sadly, Mr. Cole breeched those boundries. He has been reprimanded and will be punished accordingly. The WWE sincerely apologizes for the statement made by Mr. Cole and assures that any statements such as this in nature will not be tolerated by WWE management and will be met with swift consequences regardless of the personality responsible".

End of story.

BTW, show me 1 person who has never used the word "******" in thier life, and I'll show you a bold faced liar. Welfare, homelessness, rape, murder everywhere you look......LETS GROW UP AMERICA! There are too many battles in life that need to be fought. Lets stop investing time in clamoring about the superficial ones.

LOL i kind understand one has his rights etc, but as a Christian its unaceptable and its not normal but hey i like how they want to raise awareness on issues such as Race, Gender, Religion and such but i am just Thankful that this glaad business never touched the shores of my beautiful island Barbados as the churched here would riot we need to take back the society it gays feel insulted then u know what u doing is wrong and should change but thats just me. If they are in a partnership with them then its inderstandable and certain "standards" must be upheld.

Am I the only one in the world to see this for what it is.

Guys & Gals; IT'S A STORY LINE! The story line is that Cole is supposed to be a *********** and an asshole to every and all (except the Miz). The problem is that his "charcacter" went too far and did something stupid. It has nothing to do with Michael Cole being homophobic. PAAAAA-LLLLEEEEEESSSSSSSEEEEEEEE!

Vinnie wants heat on the character. Cole crossed the line on his own. Now Vinnie needs to do damage control. What he should have done was issue ONE statement and drop the subject entirely. Something along the lines of this, would have quickly squashed the whole thing:

"Michael Cole's on screen character was groomed to be despised and we in the WWE allow our characters flexibility to draw heat in the best way they can to further enhance the product; but within a certain boundry. Sadly, Mr. Cole breeched those boundries. He has been reprimanded and will be punished accordingly. The WWE sincerely apologizes for the statement made by Mr. Cole and assures that any statements such as this in nature will not be tolerated by WWE management and will be met with swift consequences regardless of the personality responsible".

End of story.

BTW, show me 1 person who has never used the word "******" in thier life, and I'll show you a bold faced liar. Welfare, homelessness, rape, murder everywhere you look......LETS GROW UP AMERICA! There are too many battles in life that need to be fought. Lets stop investing time in clamoring about the superficial ones.
Much like the fact of Gays not being able to marry, Lets just sweep it under the rug because we have ''Bigger fish to fry'' right? Thats the american way. Take away rights, endorse prejudices, and when put in a corner and having to own up to the responsibilities this country claims to have? Ignore it, Say other rights are NOT important, and move on. Thanks America

EVERYONE has used this word, but does that make it right? Of course not. But the media endused coma of ''Say what I want'' has done its job, by neutering peoples opinions on others. Say, why don't we bring back the word Spic, ******, Kike, Wap and everything else that can alienate and piss off a specific group, That way, we can say what we want, Then say ''HEY, I have the freedom to be the hateful person I want to be, Who cares, we have Oil problems, we have high gas prices, Why worry if an ENTIRE HUMAN GROUP is offended''

(And to the guy that says he's ''Christian'',don't get me started. Being judgemental is against our book as well, so don't spew that crap. Many people judge us for believing in a ''Invisible man'' so you have alot of nerve judging ANYONE, Im christian BUT I respect human rights, The church has NOTHING to do with country laws, Seperation of church and state, Remember that? Or is that something else swept under the rug since its to hard to understand)

the source may have said they would fire him, but come on that would be the worse move by WWE...you got Josh Mathews who is still learning and looks like Cole from 2002....Booker T is still learning....Striker was demoted....those other 2 guys on Superstars suck slightly.....Jerry isnt gonna be around forever...Cole is honestly the voice of WWE.....and he is a heat magnet that would be just foolish over a word he said to a friend who just happens to Mathews....it wasnt meant to me harsh, thats the way guys talk sometimes....we all know Josh isnt a ****** because hes married and he even mentioned his kid on TV one time....get over it GLAAD....

My son We can be Judgmental however and we should not condemn.Obviously you dont understand that u must understand i aint from American son i am from Barbados were the Church does have a say in political issues so get that right son all that policy had done is given artist like Israel and New breed, Byron Cage etc a tougher job with eradicating such corruption. U would never hear me say gay should burn in hell or what have u as i think God loves us all and they just need to be corrected and realise that with so much females that God has provided to be our wives and help-meets why would i want a man as my significant other lol.

Well, this is shown to be fruitless, since Im obviously dealing with people that feel it okay to not be offended by words (Unless they are towards THEY'RE groups)

But anyway. THESAGE1989, Dude, if your year shows your age, Im older than you, Im 28, so the ''My Son'' thing is weird. Thing is, people here, go back and forth about things people say.

Bottom line, This thread is full of people who are not gay, so of course it wouldn't bother them. No shock. Thats america.

When its about Gays, Its totally okay to be as negative as possible since they have little to no rights, So the freedom of speech only matters when your not gay. Going back and forth about rights and such on a Wrestling site, obviously shouldnt be taken seriously. ''What would wrestling fans know, they have the most irrelevant arguments since Han/Greedo, they would know shit since all wrestling fans are idiots, who still believe in a fake sport'' SEE, How idiotic does that sound....But freedom of speech rulez right little ones. Hate speech is cool, fools :mad:

It doesn't make it right and it doesn't make it wrong. It's a word that certain people give power to and that is why people find it funny or offensive. Everyone has the ability to change how they give meaning to things.

If you are one of those who get up-in-arms everytime a slur is said, then you and that person saying it are BOTH at fault for perpetuating it. It's a fucking word that doesn't mean shit anymore to people who don't care about such things. Telling someone not to use it is in the same ballpark as them telling you not to be one. You're just too stupid to see that.

If you are gay and being gay is what you use as a basis for your identity, then you'll never move past. Basing your identity off of your sexual preference is as vapid as one can be. Try basing your identity off of a combination of your personailty traits/quirks and your actions towards to and in society.

Don't EVER confuse the word "******" with any racial slur. They are completely different. Those are based off of ethnicity and as people grow older and continue to mix that is going to slowly disappear.

There are many states that have come to their senses and removed the ban from all things gay. In those states you can get married and be as miserable as any other married couple. Nobody cares if you're gay. "******" doesn't come from the sexual preference, it comes from the outrageous attention-grabbing behavior exhibited by those who use that sexual preference as the basis of their identity.

It's an ugly word when used in the wrong context. But it's not as bad as a racial slur.

Mike Cole will be fine after this ordeal. We all will be fine.

I say this as a person who had a gay best friend growing up: calling someone a ****** does not make you a homophobe. It highly depends on the context and the person who is being called it. If Josh Matthews is indeed gay and Cole knew that, then yes, he was being homophobic. But I called my brother (and my gay friend) ****** all the time as a kid, and I didn't mean it in a homophobic way at all. It's just a substitute word for "prick, a**hole, punk, etc." for many of us. It's the same as calling someone ******ed -- you would never call a ******ed person that.

Exactly, calling someone a ****** is just like calling someone retarted but you ought of know better than to call them retarted if they really are. So if matthews really isn't gay than micheal cole truly is letting his on screen character get to him although wwe do often use twitter as a work.

And now i realize this is sencond time wwe has offended gay people first being cena and now cole. And i for one havent heard any reports on cena being punished, so i'm not sure if its fair to punish cole. But maybe cole was thinking, hey they didnt punish cena so maybe its not that much of a big deal. But i think cole should know better, knowing that wwe is alligned with GLAAD (i think thats what its called). But in all means i dont believe he should be fired cause hell, they didnt even so much as punish cena maybe because of his wrestlemania situation as well but then again who really expects cena to be punished

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back