Michael Cole: A Backstabber?

rickfoxoclock

Dark Match Winner
i was just sitting here watching Raw and something sprung to mind that kind of started last week when Michael Cole apologized to Jerry. I get the strange feeling that Cole is putting everyone on. I've noticed his sweet talking Vicki Guerrero for the past month or so and i'm starting to wonder if we aren't seeing a subtle reveal from WWE. Vicki has experience at being a GM of a show and that could be where WWE is going with this but i'm thinking that Cole could possibly be positioning himself to form a bigger stable with Vicki. I figured I'd come to the boards and see if anyone else has noticed this and what your thoughts might be? Do you think Michael Cole is being genuine or do you think that with all the heat he still has, that he could be setting us up for another turn?

I really don't think the Cole heel character is over, just on a vacation. He will play up to Lawler and others then pull a masterful swerve. He will still have his heel traits from time to time but nothing as extreme as we once saw.

I agree. I don't think that he has created or is part of some grand scheme to take over raw again anytime soon. I will admit, tonights commentary has been awkward on his part, probably because he isn't used to being back on track to a face role. I will say, however, that a cole/zigler combo with vicki at ringside would be a lot more fun than cole and swagger!

I think Cole's heel character is done. The feud with Lawler went on for a long time and they got all they could out of it. Now it's time to get back to normal. Back to normal commentary instead of annoying bickering. Cole will still have a heel personality but it's going to be toned way down now.

I think that he will maintain elements of the heel character, like he did last week when he came out and has so far tonight, but he won't be constantly trying to put himself over at the expense of other talent, especially the Divas. I think the WWE is just trying to see if they can get away with having a play-by-play man who is a heel as an experiment to see if they can get away with it. Only time will tell I guess.

I've got to admit I'm enjoying the commentary. it's literally the best commentary in months. i just think it's very jarring since we've gotten so used to Cole being so intrusive. If his character sticks to this, then I'd be really happy. The banter between Cole/Lawler is actually enjoyable, even if it's somewhat cheesy. I just have an awkward feeling listening to the commentary. probably just me though.

I don't really see anything developing between Cole and Vickie personally nor do I want to. It seemed at the beginning of the show that he might be going back to normal, but evidenced by his segment with Riley, he is still a heel. I'm not really sure where that's gonna lead however. I suspect that King/Cole is probably done, but I could still see Cole potentially getting involved with Miz angles or being revealed as the GM so he has a bigger role and doesn't have to be behind the headset anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back