• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FINALLY! THE ROCK HAS COME BACK... TO WRESTLEMANIA!

ckoneagain

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ok so just watching Raw and straight of the bat Vinnie Mac comes out and tells us that there will be a special guest host at wrestlemania, and that there's only one man for the job...so who is it going to be?

Stone Cold? - He is the tough enough host after all, wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have him host Wrestlemania too, but i don't think that'll be big enough since we will get to see Stone Cold throughout Tough Enough too

The Rock? - he's said he's been working on something major for what seems like forever now, hosting Wrestlemania would certainly be something major.

Sting? - so we suspect he guy is coming to WWE, this would be a good way to get him involved without him having to do much wrestling.

Kevin Nash? - he did get a massive pop at the rumble, and for no other reason than this he's a slim possibility

Goldberg? - sure its a massive outside chance but all ways possible, he does have a merchandise contract with WWE already after all

Brock Lesnar? - may be a way to get involved without breaching his UFC contract? don't know how effective he'd be as a host if he's not actually allowed to fight, but still...

Someone else? who do you think it could be?

Ok the key word is HOST. Vkm said only this individual is capable to host wrestlemania unlike any other. Lesnar, nash, sting, are all stars tat doesnt fit into that categories. I cant see austin being the one consider the fact he appears regularly so it wont carry that much shock value. No it is not HBK because he is being inducted already.

The key word is host, so this person must have incredible mic skill and charisma.

So in other FUCKING WORD, It has to be the great one, the people champion, the most electrificying man in sports entertainment, THE ROCK!!!!!!!

Man what a tough call, I'm going with Sting, I cant see the Rock or Austin pulling this off, not like how Vince said this is the only man who could pull this off, not even Brock of all people,maybe an actor who knows

I reckon either Justin Bieber or The Rock. I'm just crossing my fingers for The Great One.

damn, i hadn't thought of Bieber...if it turns out to be him...i think i may never watch WWE agian...unless he gets set on fire by Kane maybe...mwhahaha!

No man i want Bieber and then watch Orton RKO him in the middle of his song!!!!!!!

Its tough because WWE blurs the lines of titles. Announcers can wrestle, wrestlers announce, GM be a wrestler currently active, and so on and so forth. I will just wait and see but of course check back here to spoil it for me! LOL

As for the comments above. The Stone Cold one is true, the Rock would bring a huge pop. Nash is not a blindsider. Sting would be a blindsider but highly unlikely. Goldberg said he was training and working to wrestle in circuits again. Brock Lesner has to much fame where he is already. Not to mention how he left WWE with ALL in the arena chanting "You sold out!"

That would seriously make me consider NOT buying Wrestlemania this year if I knew that little poser is playing a key role in the show - performing one of his terrible songs is one thing, but hosting is beyond the pale!

Rocky! Rocky! Rocky! Rocky!

Better not be the current generation of micheal jackson, JUSTIN BEIBER, otherwise ppl will riot. Seriously with the way vkm phrased and hyped the annoucement, it just has to be people champion, the great one, the rock. Im so excited right now and hoping to find more on this breaking news.

The way vince announced it I think it can only be certain possible wrestlers if it is not an actor or a host of some kind.

Hulk Hogan
The Rock
Macho Man
and maybe a feww others, but i do not see it being hogan so either Macho man or The peoples champ.

The first person that came to mind was Donald Trump...but I don't think Vince is stupid enough to let the fans down with that. The Rock would be a great choice. Just the fact they are having a "Wrestlemania guest host" sounds kinda weird.
When I think of guests at a Wrestlemania I think of Bob Uecker, Vanna White, Alex Trebek, Morton Downey Jr, Pete Rose, etc. When I think of "host" I think of all the celebrities that were a guest host for Raw every week. What is the role of this "host." It obviously isn't to create matches...this is Wrestlemania after all, the card will be well in place weeks in advance. Perhaps this host will provide comedy at this years Wrestlemania? Oh joy..

I'm not going to knock it...but the idea of a guest host for Wrestlemania isn't making much sense.

After watching Raw tonight, I am simply wondering if anyone else got the idea that The Rock would be the guest host for Wrestlemania. First off, when did Wrestlemania ever have a guest host spot. Guest appearances, yes, but a guest host, not to my recollection. Also, Vince said that it was someone who could captivate and entertain like no one else, and that it would be something monumental that would be the big attraction for the year. Who else could it possibly be. Rock has talked about wanting to come back, but we all know he doesn't want to wrestle. This may be the perfect way.

I sincerely hope I am right. Anyone out there agree that this is a distinct possibility, and anyone think, as I do, that it could lead to some amazing mic work between now and Wrestlemania to have Rock on TV for the next two months?

Thoughts, ideas, or criticisms welcome.

Bieber would generate a lot of heat and not in a good way. The Rock seems possible but I'd prefer it to be Randy Savage.

One person I wouldn't rule out is Bob Barker, his Raw guest host spot was probably the most popular one that entire gimmick produced and word was he'd be involved with Mania this year.

My opinion is without a doubt....The Rock...Lets examine it for a second.. Vince McMahon said it was a "Larger than Life Celebrity" now how many times do we hear WWE Announcers call WWE Superstars "Larger than Life"? And with The Rock being an actor now, He's a CELEBRITY.. That's clue #1...

Clue #2: They saved the announcement for next week in ANAHEIM CALIFORNIA...If I recall, correct me if i'm wrong, but The Rock now resides in Hollywood California.

Clue #3: The Rock has been sayin for months that He and Vince have something big planned for the WWE Universe but it will NOT involve Rock wrestling a match..If hes the Guest Host, he doesn't have to Wrestle.

Clue#4: its WRESTLEMANIA.. Vince McMahon is not going to bring in just anybody to Guest Host the WWE's Superbowl of Wrestling...If he brings in Bieber, it'll be in a role similar to that of John Legend's years ago and thats it..He is not going to let some 13 year old(I'm guessing) kid Guest Host the Biggest Event of the Year, PG rating be damned.

He said he's the only man who could host Wrestlemania like no other..If anybody didn't see the plain references to The Rock I don't know what to tell you...It became obvious tonight that WWE likely isn't going to give us Sting at Wrestlemania..The LEAST Vince McMahon could do is give us The Rock and I think, given the clues that were handed out, he just might.

Definately sounds like The Rock to me. I came back here tonight, just to make sure this topic was being talked about. Im glad to see it is. Then again- I assumed it would be being talked about already.

I dont see who else it would be. I wouldnt mind the Savage suggestion tho- thats for damn sure. But i'm thinking pie will be served at WrestleMania this year!! And I for one...cant wait for a slice!

rockeyebrows.gif

Nice of Vince to show up, for 30 seconds, and tell us he has something to say next week. Nice, Vince :disappointed:

Anyway, as most others, I think it's The Rock. He said recently that he would be doing something with WWE sooner than we think. The Rock would be the perfect host. He's got the charisma, he actually belongs there (unlike the other idiot hosts), and the fans would go nuts.

I think WWE knows all the chatter out there about the Sting "debut," and if it's not Sting they're talking about, Vince knows the fans need something after that let down. I'm about as sure as I can be without actual confirmation that it's The Rock.

I do think it is will most likely be The Rock, although with past disappointments in hoping for Rock returns I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Anyway the pieces seem to fit pretty well for it to be The Rock. A role hosting Wrestlemania means you need to have great mic skills and really there are few better on the stick than The Rock. Also apart from someone very unlikely like a Randy Savage, The Rock would probably be the biggest return possible considering he is one of the few we haven't heard from again since he retired.

No chance in hell it's anyone but The Rock.

He's said multiple times that he wants to come back and entertain the fans in a way that we've never seen before. We've never seen before someone actually hosting WrestleMania, have we? He won't be wrestling but we will definately get one of those true WrestleMania moments that defines what WrestleMania is about.

This could mean only great things for WWE and WrestleMania, some serious mega star power with The Rock we might even get to see The Rock give a Rock Bottom or People's Elbow to someone.

I also think its The Rock..It kind of makes sense for him to host it for a few reasons.

His pro wrestling past is the first reason.Fans want him back and if he is the host im almost sure more people will be interested in buying the pay per view knowing the Great One is back for what could be his last stint in the WWE.

Secondly with Wrestlemania being at the beginning of April and Rocks new movie Fast 5 coming out at the end of the month it is a way to get in some promotion of the film.Another reason Rock might decide to host it if asked.Promoting the movie to all those wrestling fans would have to help the movie in the box office even if it is just a little bit.

He said himself he wouldn't hosting something in the past in interviews and what bigger to host then the biggest pay per view of the year?

He is who id like to think would be the host but i could be wrong.Be interesting to see just who it is.

Its probably Rock, for the Chairman of the board to come out himself after a period of absence and start the show with an announcement, it has to be something worth watching out for.

The anticipation of all these will mean that it will not be Trump and there will be no chance in blue hell that it will be Bieber. Either way, there is no reason that this Guest Host himself to get buys in for Mania, not even Rock (unless he's a referee or involved in some sort of matchup, which will not happen)

FINALLLLLLLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK TO WRESTLEMANIA!!!!!!!

It has to be the Rock. Remember on his Facebook page last week he said he was coming back "sooner than you think." Hosting Wrestlemania is perfect for The Rock's return.

You guys are forgetting what an arrogant prick Vince McMahon can be. What is was talking about... himself?

I know that's a stretch, but when I was watching Raw, all I could think of was him announcing himself. He's done worse.

You guys are forgetting what an arrogant prick Vince McMahon can be. What is was talking about... himself?

Ouch. I hadn't even thought of that. What an ugly thought.

I'm going with the majority here. The Rock has been promising to come back for quite a while and there was an interview he did last week in which he announced it again. He doesn't want to wrestle, and as the host of a major event like WM, he wouldn't have to.

In fact, after a special announcement like last night's, it would be disappointing if the host were anyone but The Rock. After all, who else are they gonna bring? Bob Barker? Karen Angle? Aaron Rodgers?

Maybe Ben Roethliberger. They can lure him by setting him up with a few of the younger Divas.:blush:

C'mon, Rock. I never believed they were going to slip you into a RAW appearance on an ordinary Monday night. When you f-i-n-a-l-l-y come back, it will have to be on a grand scale.....and I can't think of one bigger than this.

Like may others in this thread and beyond, I cannot see past it being The Great One but I would have thought that The Rock would have commanded a bigger introduction. I mean, he is the most Electrifying Superstar in the history of the WWE and one would have though that Vince would have loved to milk the old cash cow by announcing that it would be him. That is, if it is The Rock in the first place.

I would have thought that is The Rock is going to be hosting WrestleMania, then he might have shown up on Raw at some point. If that is the case, then I would have expected Vince to leave us some sort of clue as to it being him. That way, people will tune into Raw to see him and the ratings will jump. That being said, perhaps it is a one-off gig for The Rock (provided it is him) and he will only be doing WrestleMania with no showings on Raw or Smackdown? If so, then that is too bad because he would be most welcomed by the fans and audience of the respective shows.

That being said, I still think it is The Rock and I could not be more excited. I personally expect him to be back at his best and smacking down jabronis left and right. Perhaps he may even get involved in something at WrestleMania that would give us all a moment to remember. Whatever his involvement, I will mark buckets for him.

Fingers crossed, I suppose.

Like may others in this thread and beyond, I cannot see past it being The Great One but I would have thought that The Rock would have commanded a bigger introduction. I mean, he is the most Electrifying Superstar in the history of the WWE and one would have though that Vince would have loved to milk the old cash cow by announcing that it would be him. That is, if it is The Rock in the first place.

I would have thought that is The Rock is going to be hosting WrestleMania, then he might have shown up on Raw at some point. If that is the case, then I would have expected Vince to leave us some sort of clue as to it being him. That way, people will tune into Raw to see him and the ratings will jump. That being said, perhaps it is a one-off gig for The Rock (provided it is him) and he will only be doing WrestleMania with no showings on Raw or Smackdown? If so, then that is too bad because he would be most welcomed by the fans and audience of the respective shows.

That being said, I still think it is The Rock and I could not be more excited. I personally expect him to be back at his best and smacking down jabronis left and right. Perhaps he may even get involved in something at WrestleMania that would give us all a moment to remember. Whatever his involvement, I will mark buckets for him.

Fingers crossed, I suppose.

I thought about it and honestly, to Vince, it's all about the all mighty dollar. For the longest time, I thought they'd bring the Rock back on RAW but then I realized that Vince would be stupid to bring him back on free TV. He's smarter to bring him back at Wrestlemania. If you want to see the Rock's return, you have to pay for it. That's Vince's mentality.

He'll announce The Rock next week and maybe the Rock will do a video promo or something leading up to Wrestlemania but we won't see him live on TV until Wrestlemania.

Just watched it back again there. What I noticed is that McMahon said "this man", a few times which could mean that it's not Bieber, considering he's not a man. McMahon would have said "a star" for him.

Rock? Please be The Rock! He also said he'll be appearing next week. I'm tuning in!

Also, good post Powertrip. I'd agree that he could do a video pre-tape and then appear at Wrestlemania live.

It will probably be someone uneventful. HBK is being inducted to the HOF so I don't see him as a host. The Rock would be an awesome guest host, but since he is filming a movie during WrestleMania, I highly doubt we will see him. Odds are get ready for Beiber fever because he is one of the top celebrities WWE wants for Mania this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce him as the host next week. It would be great for the WWE, but bad for wrestling fans. Odds are it could be somebody completely off the map we haven't thought of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back