A London Wrestlemania

Because it's easy to insult people when you hide behind another identity you fucking moron, my last name is Foulds, my nickname is Fouldsy, moron.

Which is also attacking the chanters....

UK have to stay up till one in the morning to watch WWE, so I don't see how that's a point. I would much rather watch during the afternoon, it would most likely be held at 19.00 which is 14.00 over America, not that much really.

My old twitter sighhh, can't believe you're stalking me though since you apparently don't care hahahaa, make sure you don't *********e over my teenage photos too much ;)

1. :wtf: Everyone here is "hiding behind another identity". it's a wrestling internet forum. And no one absolutely no one would have known that foulds is your real nickname - whatever a real nickname is. What don't you get about that? No one absolutely no one cares who another person is in real life. Again, I don't see what is so "out there" and ballsy about telling someone "oh by the way foulds is my real name".

2. Yeah I checked your old twitter account, you kept going on about how you use your "real nickname" on here so I wanted to see if that was true, but it is of no use to me or anyone here. I don't even like talking to you on here so why would I want your social media accounts? I don't see what the big fuss is about not hiding behind another identity. I picked petersellers as my username because that's the whole point! I want people to know I'm a fan of petersellers the actor! not because I want someone to actually think I'm the dead actor peter sellers!!!....this is an internet forum!! You're suppose to be largely anonymous.

3. It isn't a huge inconvenience for me to watch Wrestlemania at 10 but for the casuals it is and that would cost the WWE some money, from their largest fanbase, and you better believe the WWE knows that. You don't do that for your biggest event of the year.

and last but not least fuck any crowd that chants we are awesome, be they from philly or liverpool. fuck em.

It has long been contested by us Brits that Wrestlemania needs to be held here at Wembley Stadium, London. There are many pros and cons that stem from such an event mainly down to weather and time and while I don't think we will see a Wrestlemania, I do not think an event like Summerslam is out of the question.

So here is my solution to appease folk. Hold the Wrestlemania 'pre show' here in London.

Venue
As thirsty as us Brits are I do not see Wembley selling out 105,000 tickets for a 'pre show'. The O2 Arena in London which holds 20,000 would be suffice and would also eradicate potential weather issues.

Time
If the London 'Pre show' was to start at 8pm and finish at 11pm that would be 3pm start and 6pm finish eastern time (assuming Phili gets the event). That would give the fans a 1 hour break which is more than enough time to watch, then get home in the UK/arrive at the stadium in the USA before the 7pm start. They could even beam this event to the big screens in the stadium for those arriving early.

Marketing
WWE can market this as 'a day of Wrestlemania' and as an 'International Event'. It makes the whole spectacle seem much larger and much more special. 20,000 ticket sales will also generate a lot more revenue for the event.

Match Card
I think the WWE roster is pretty stacked and with legends coming back to increase ticket sales and buy rates, sometimes there are deserving members of the roster who miss the cut at Wrestlemania. Making the 'pre show' into a special event, almost like a B PPV will surely satisfy the needs of those that may have missed the cut. You can still have the panel discussing the event, maybe even have fan interaction at the O2 Arena but it can also be loaded with a decent match card of say 4 matches which coupled with the panel selling the event should be enough to fill 3 hours.

I think having an NXT Title match would be a great way to prepare future main event performers for featuring on such an event. It would also make the Title seem that little bit more credible! With it been held in London, I think you would probably need to have Bad News Barrett, Adrian Neville and someone like Fin Balor who is from Ireland and of course Sheamus who is a Main Eventer.

Example card

Main Event - Bad News Barrett vs Sheamus

In order to make this more special, they should make it a number one contenders match and the winner gets a WWE Title shot on Raw the following night. Barrett is WAY over in the UK.

An alternative would be to have a Main Event of England's own - Barrett, Neville, Regal, Paige, Layla vs a group of pissed of Europeans because London was chosen featuring Sheamus, Rusev, Cesaro, Lana, Rebecca Knox. Story could sell itself on Raw. Make it sound like a 'big deal' thus promoting the London pre show.

Tag Titles - Tyson Kidd/Cesaro (c) vs Adrian Nevile/Fin Balor

Cesaro is very popular in the UK and a team of Nevile and Balor would work very well and have the support of the British crowd.

NXT Title - Kevin Owens (c) vs Sami Zayn vs Tyler Breeze vs Hideo Itami

4 of the brightest NXT talents here in front of 20,000 fans. Lots of marks here in the UK as well.

Diva Tag Match - Layla, Natalya, Eva Marie vs Tamina Snuka, Rosa Mendes, Alicia Fox

Purely a way to get more Divas on the Mania card, even if it is the pre show.

Future
If it is successful then they can move this around to Cities like Madrid, Paris, Rome and Berlin for future events.

I'd love WrestleMania and all the additional events (Axxess, RAW etc) to be held in the UK, being English myself...but I think it's unlikely that we will get it. I just think with all the costs of hosting an event the size of WM abroad, and shipping all the equipment required to make WM week what it is, WWE just wouldn't deem it financially worthwhile.

It's a damn shame, as the UK fanbase is incredibly loyal to WWE and always has been. They always sold out the UK-specific PPVs like Insurexxion and Rebellion, and the famous SummerSlam '92 at Wembley stadium was a huge success. I think we certainly deserve WM, but if there ever is another major show coming from England, it will likely be the Royal Rumble or Summerslam, rather than the Showcase of the Immortals, unfortunately.

They can fill the o2 for a Raw event, they would certainly sell out Wembley stadium for a big PPV, don't underestimate the fans who would also come over from Europe for a weekend of events.

Weather is also not an issue, Wembley has a retractable closing roof, do you homework first next time pal.

You may be increasing your gate revenue and sell a few more shirts but you are also doubling your production costs, and giving UK fans a reason to not come to America and spend money on the actual Mania. This doesn't work, it would be charity for Vince to do this.

It is one of those things I'm sure Vince would do in a second if he thought it would make him more money.

Nice idea on paper but too many flaws. For a start the costs for this would be ridiculous.

As an English fan I would feel like this was a slap in the face. Shit served up basically. It's like they would be happy to pay the production costs, fly certain people over but we aren't getting anything special. I reckon it would turn a lot of fans off.

Mania isn't happening in the UK. I'd be surprised if any of the big four did. But in the Network era it's perfectly plausible to have an English 'B' show PPV. I might be wrong but I honestly think WWE could sell out a massive venue for a nothing show like Battleground if promoted right.

They can fill the o2 for a Raw event, they would certainly sell out Wembley stadium for a big PPV, don't underestimate the fans who would also come over from Europe for a weekend of events.

Weather is also not an issue, Wembley has a retractable closing roof, do you homework first next time pal.

a) a Wrestlemania pre show is NOT a 'big event'.

b) the roof only covers the seats. NOT the pitch where around 15,000 fans would be sat.

c) read my post properly and do you own homework buster.

Not piping up as I doubt london will ever get a mania....however the seats at wembley stadium are covered whether the retractable Roof is open or closed. When the roof is closed it covers the playing surface.

I don't see WrestleMania ever happening in the UK because, as has been brought up, there's just too much money at stake for all parties involved.

WrestleMania itself is a major tourist attraction for the areas of the host city, the last several WrestleMania events have brought in well over $100 million to the local economies of the host cities. It's why there's always a major bidding war by major cities to host the show and it doesn't hurt that tourists come from, literally, all over the world to attend those events. I've no doubt that a lot of people would go to the UK to attend the event, but I doubt the audience would what it ordinarily would both live and watching at home due to the time difference.

I'm sure this is something that Vince has considered at some point in the past and I'm sure he'd go for it if the financial figures were there, but I'd say they probably just aren't. I'm guessing there's a profit to be made, but not nearly enough to warrant moving the biggest show of the year overseas away from where its largest audience resides.

First of all that Peter guy really needs to piss off and go away now! He'll be reminding us how America "saved us in world war 2" next!

I honestly don't believe England will ever get a Wrestlemania but if it did it would be huge and would probably sell out in record time! If glorified house shows and raw/smackdown TV taping's can sell out I can only imagine just how big the demand would be for Mania. A London, Manchester, Birmingham or wherever Wrestlemania would probably be the fastest selling of all time and the publicity and attention it would receive would be tremendous. Plus it would be huge for whatever city was chosen and would bring a lot of money in!

First of all that Peter guy really needs to piss off and go away now! He'll be reminding us how America "saved us in world war 2" next!

I honestly don't believe England will ever get a Wrestlemania but if it did it would be huge and would probably sell out in record time! If glorified house shows and raw/smackdown TV taping's can sell out I can only imagine just how big the demand would be for Mania. A London, Manchester, Birmingham or wherever Wrestlemania would probably be the fastest selling of all time and the publicity and attention it would receive would be tremendous. Plus it would be huge for whatever city was chosen and would bring a lot of money in!

No, I won't be reminding you of that, you see I have a point, a number of them in fact and I've stuck to them.

I'm not a flag waving patriot but I am proud of America's wrestling industry that America built, my only advice is that if the UK wants big events, it does the same. The english speaking world is big enough for more wrestling.

You people can red rep me, I don't care, this isn't personal, it's just business sense. Grow up, son.

https://twitter.com/WWECesaro/status/587791904068263936

CesaroVerified account
‏@WWECesaro
The crowd here in England is not what it used to be. #weak #Raw @KiddWWE #FACT

Wow. :lmao: That's pretty left field, considering the show has already taped. I don't follow Cesaro on twitter is he always like this?...Can't say I disagree with him though, for all the praise that's heaped on the London crowd, they weren't anything special tonight. Hit and miss.

1. Everyone here is "hiding behind another identity". it's a wrestling internet forum. And no one absolutely no one would have known that foulds is your real nickname - whatever a real nickname is. What don't you get about that? No one absolutely no one cares who another person is in real life. Again, I don't see what is so "out there" and ballsy about telling someone "oh by the way foulds is my real name".

Let me just point out why I attacked you for using a fake name. I attacked you because you were calling Brits paleand whatever else about their appearances/personalities, when none of us can even see what you look like. It's so much easier to do when no-one can retaliate without knowing what you look like or anything. Since you are obviously very backward, "Foulds" is my real last name "Fouldsy" is my real nickname which I used alot when I was younger, aka when I signed up for this account.

2. Yeah I checked your old twitter account, you kept going on about how you use your "real nickname" on here so I wanted to see if that was true, but it is of no use to me or anyone here. I don't even like talking to you on here so why would I want your social media accounts? I don't see what the big fuss is about not hiding behind another identity. I picked petersellers as my username because that's the whole point! I want people to know I'm a fan of petersellers the actor! not because I want someone to actually think I'm the dead actor peter sellers!!!....this is an internet forum!! You're suppose to be largely anonymous.

If you don't care don't stalk my profiles, I wouldn't want to communicate with you outside of this forum either as it would most likely be embarrassing for my reputation lol. As I said before, I don't care if you are anonymous on the internet as long as you don't attack someone else based on ethnicity, nationality, gay, colour whatever else that canbe stereotyped, if you aren't going to show your real face whilst you do it.

3. It isn't a huge inconvenience for me to watch Wrestlemania at 10 but for the casuals it is and that would cost the WWE some money, from their largest fanbase, and you better believe the WWE knows that. You don't do that for your biggest event of the year.

How would it cost money when it is on the network now? They can watch it at anytime they want and avoid spoilers. It wouldn't start at 10, the preshow depending how long they want to run it would most likely start at 17.00 or 18.00 over here, so about 12.00 or 13.00 in EST. That bearing in mind is the preshow. The actual event in EST would start around 14.00 or 15.00. They have your $10/£10 a month anyway, so it doesn't really matter. Even John Cena likes the idea.

and last but not least fuck any crowd that chants we are awesome, be they from philly or liverpool. fuck em.

We are awesome is cringey, but to complain about UK crowds as a whole you must be pretty boring. You would honestly hate a Premier League game if that's the case...

Sounds more like a heel being a heel...

I would disagree, why do it after the show? Are they filming Smackdown in London too? I'd say cheap heat but there's truth said in jest. You can't sustain heel heat with tactics like that. Only Angle has managed to go into every city and insult it and nobody did it better but when he did it he insulted sports teams and heroes. I don't see Cesaro insulting other cities crowds -- which is why I thought it to be pretty left field.

edit -- smackdown is in london tomorrow too - so he may just be trying to drum up a more enthusiastic crowd. Still, I recall Vince having to come out and berate them to get a reaction a year or two ago.

I would disagree, why do it after the show? Are they filming Smackdown in London too? I'd say cheap heat but there's truth said in jest. You can't sustain heel heat with tactics like that. Only Angle has managed to go into every city and insult it and nobody did it better but when he did it he insulted sports teams and heroes. I don't see Cesaro insulting other cities crowds -- which is why I thought it to be pretty left field.

edit -- smackdown is in london tomorrow too - so he may just be trying to drum up a more enthusiastic crowd. Still, I recall Vince having to come out and berate them to get a reaction a year or two ago.

Seems to me like your using it as another stick to back up your bullshit argument.

I aren't going to say UK will get a 'Mania because chances are that we won't but for you to say that we should just start up our own company is fucking dumb. You do realise there is already wrestling companies over here?

WWE is a global brand. Has been for decades. Your a prick. Bet you have been since you was born.

Why don't you go get in your pick up truck, go shoot some deer then go home and have inbred sex with your inbred family.

See how easy it is to insult based on nationality? Is the above statement about you true? I would hope not. So stop using fucking stereotype to insult Brits you tosser.

Honestly, since London did a fucking awesome job of making the 2012 Olympics happen, I wouldn't expect them to give any less than 100% in making their WrestleMania into one of the most memorable of all time. I don't think it would matter to them that it was a pro-wrestling event; Europeans seem to revel in the thrill of competition and they'd be competing with the US and Canada in terms of who can rock WrestleMania harder than any other nation.

Time Zone differences, blah. WrestleMania is on a fucking Sunday. I would love to watch WrestleMania 33 live from London England during the midday of a Sunday, Sunday mornings are usually boring as Hell (admit it).

The WWE isn't just sitting on a gold mine with this, the WWE is sitting on a platinum mine where they won't get to the platinum until they dig through all the raw diamond ore in the way. Imagine this, and this is the modest version of what I'm thinking, every fifth WrestleMania (40, 45, 50, etc.) is a bidding war between nations. Nations of the world compete to see who is allowed to host WrestleMania and get a huge boost to their economy for the spectacle. Tokyo bids, Doha bids, Moscow bids, Hong Kong bids and New Delhi bids.

But yeah, probably not.

*quick edit, for which I apologize profusely and pathetically to Rainbow Yaz for potentially straying off topic*

I find it delightfully ironic that a guy using the username "PeterSellersSTL" is against England having a WrestleMania when Peter Sellers himself was born in Portsmouth. I realize that Peter Sellers is likely his real name, but still. I imagine Dr. Strangelove saying "FUCK ENGLAND!" when I read his posts and it makes me laugh. OH FUCK I SHARTED!

Not piping up as I doubt london will ever get a mania....however the seats at wembley stadium are covered whether the retractable Roof is open or closed. When the roof is closed it covers the playing surface.

WRONG! The playing surface is never covered! The only stadium in the UK with a fully retractable roof is the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff.

Designed by HOK Sport[9] and Foster and Partners, it includes a partially retractable roof and the 134-metre-high (440 ft) Wembley Arch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJe6Q0C8lHo

Thought some of the insider oriented crowd chants were distracting and unnecessary. I wonder if it's truly the fan's expressing their feelings or simply trying to gain attention on TV? Or perhaps a little of both?

from Jim Ross' thoughts on RAWLondon

http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/hbk-ro...e-wwe-network-2k-sports-happy-50th-cac-london

So that's Cesaro, and now JR that aren't completely in love with the London crowd. And Brockie I haven't stereotyped anything British. You people are just very insecure when someone gets to talking about how great a job America has done growing its wrestling industry over these decades.

And yes for the last time I love Peter Sellers I love the UK -- I just don't think they "deserve" Wrestlemania for a number of reasons. My argument through 7 pages has been that Wrestlemania belongs in America and that the english speaking world, especially the UK is large enough for another wrestling promotion, and that they should work to achieve that.

I'd trade Wrestlemania for a UPKWWrestleFest one time. You people really need to get over your insecurities.

There seems to be a rumor on twitter that the crowd chanted the n-word at Naomi. If that's true, smh, what a bunch of pieces of shit. I wouldn't surprised considering how some soccer crowds are over there.
Indefensible man, every country has real racism but to bring into a fictional product or sports - grow the fuck up. How embarrassing, as a black man, I really hope it isn't true. I know it's fun to be edgy for smark crowds but crap like that is too far.

There seems to be a rumor on twitter that the crowd chanted the n-word at Naomi. If that's true, smh, what a bunch of pieces of shit. I wouldn't surprised considering how some soccer crowds are over there.
Indefensible man, every country has real racism but to bring into a fictional product or sports - grow the fuck up. How embarrassing, as a black man, I really hope it isn't true. I know it's fun to be edgy for smark crowds but crap like that is too far.

I highly dout it considering how multicultural London is, and I've seen no mention of this on twitter..."Soccer" aka football fans do not chant racist chants in this country, Russia and Italy are probably the countries that do

What the hell are people doing over there? Seriously, stay out of the ring. smh. lol

Just people trying to be part of the show, no respect for the business.

Some idiots trying to get attention for themselves, but because it happened in London you're using it against British people again. It's happened many other times. Also. yes you have insulted our nationality by calling us palewhiny ass Brits, basically trying to stereotype us all lol.

I highly dout it considering how multicultural London is, and I've seen no mention of this on twitter..."Soccer" aka football fans do not chant racist chants in this country, Russia and Italy are probably the countries that do

I Googled "EPL racist chants" and the number of articles was surprisingly long.

Not to defend PeterSellersSTL. Vince can book Mania anywhere he wants for all I care. He is just going where the money is. If it made sense for him to book it at Wembley he would. I'm sure he has a full staff of people who run numbers and have knowledge no one on this Forum has a clue about. If those numbers justified a UK Mania Vince would love to have added it to his legacy just like the Silverdome, NYC, and Dallas next year. It is clearly more than just "time zones". Not that the WWE Network exactly fixes that issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back