• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does the WWE understand Geography?

You need to learn how to read....he called Americans dumbasses and are fat and eat hamburgers! Your a dick, you are what you eat! It's true, wrestling fans are ignorant sons-a-bitches.....

ok.... what he put was

Oh your from canada then. cause thats what its like calling anyone who isn't english, english. and as for the little dig about the dentist I was there for my 6 monthly check up yesterday. So as we are rolling out all the stereotypesput down the chesseburger and open a book:schild13:

dont see dumbass or fat there. Plus he was responding to you being Stereotypical. I have no problem with you loving your country but dont you DARE attack my country

ok.... what he put was

dont see dumbass or fat there. Plus he was responding to you being Stereotypical. I have no problem with you loving your country but dont you DARE attack my country

Fair enough....if you don't mind me asking, you live in the UK, I assume? If so, I apoligize, it seems like the US and UK are the only 2 countries who are fighting the war on terrorism! If my assumption is correct, our two countries are like brothers in arms, the closest partnership in the planet.....I am very pasionate about my country, like you, but where allies, so I am sorry.

This is the same company that billed Wrestlemania 25 as the 25th anniversary. You're expecting too much, limey.

Actually it was the 25th anniversary. silver jubilee if you like. Check out Queen Elizabeth II, she became Queen in June 1953. and her silver jubilee was in 1977. This is the same gap as between 1985 and 2009, unless my math has gone!!
It is just simple math,count it like this -
1985,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09, that is 25 years, therefore 25th anniversary.
Simples; eeek!

Haha Chicago isn't a state.

I think it's fair to say that we the people of the United States do not know much about the United Kingdom, but it's also fair to say the UK doesn't know as much about the US. Sure some state names may jump out at you, but I doubt you know THAT much about us. And I think at least some Americans know the UK is England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

I'm not going to say Americans are smart because besides me and a handful of others, Americans are dumbasses.

On the other hand, I would like to state that I at least know quite a good deal about the UK, even if I can't tell you the distance between Manchester and London. WWE should definitely know more about their location, but they shouldn't act like it's just another Raw... It wasn't. No matter how good Jericho is, or how hated Cena is in the states, there would never be a reaction like they had during their match last night if they were wrestling in Cleveland.

I would say that I know more about the States than most Americans! I can name every state and state capital, every president since George Washington, I know the words to all verses of the National Anthem. Probably because I lived there for a number of years!

Im from the bottom of the earth down in little old Adelaide South Australia and on the rare occasion that the WWE come here we don't even get on tv, its like the smallest house show you'll ever see. Now that's not the fault of WWE we have a shitty little entertainment centre that they can't even fit the whole stage in and we get one of those tiny indy rings, we don't even have any recognizable landmarks but in 2005 when I went to a show, Cena came out and said something in his promo about the Sydney opera house and everyone cheered like a bunch of morons, Sydney is 2 states away from Adelaide, but its likely the only Oz landmark the rest of the world knows about and maybe Ayers Rock.
And for the information of Americans, the UK guys were speaking English before America even existed so the accent that you laugh at is actually the real accent, not this American or even Australian shit.

no offence but the reason they might show london whenever they are in england is maybe because there is nothing to show in manchester

lets face it theere is nothing up there in the scummy north

and as for the accents the further north you get the funnier the accent is,is like everytime you go more north they are weirder and u cant understand them once you get to scotland

talking of scotland for any people from america reading this scotland is a lot like canada ,they both are not a real country lol

Im loving this debate about who won the war for who, its amazing how the rest of the world takes pleasure in announcing how many people their country slaughtered. The Anzacs were front line in the ditches getting fucked up for the good of everyones freedom but don't run theirr mouths about it because it was what had to be done, and not for bragging rights. I like the US and the UK, I have good friends from both and you know what? Were all the fucking same so stop bitching at each other and get back on topic, this a wrestling forum not a fucking patriotism forum.

No they don't. I live in Belfast, Northern Ireland and until recently WWE always said Belfast, Ireland. For those of us who live here, there is a big difference...wee things like that might seem petty but they are annoying 'cos their wrong.

I know what you mean, I'm from Scotland myself and there has been a fair bunch of times when people call the UK in general...England.

What kills me is how Edge is normally announced...

"From Toronto, Cananda..."

It's Toronto, Ontario, where I come from. :headscratch:

Complete idiot!? I served 2 tours in Iraq. Fighting to give you civil liberties to voice your opinion like you just did....god bless our soldiers to give you freedom...and freedom is NOT free! Like Nobama's welfare supporters...How is your gov. handout coming? What are you going to do with your $13, eh!? Also, I am in school to become a stock broker to make millions...while, you play Warcraft and talk to your Internet girlfriend...you total douchbag.

Oh, so you participated in that illegal war which did not gain United Nations approval, found no weapons of mass destruction (which was the motivation to go in there in the first place), and has, thus far, failed to establish a democratic system in the country that won't collapse within 10 years.

Good job.

Which Iraq was he talking about? This one we're in at the moment, or the one in 1991, when I was there, because that one wasn't illegal. Besies which, as a soldier, sailor, or airforceman, you don't relly have a choice in were you go. You're posted and thats it; Therefore as military personnel, we cannot be blamed for the decisions made by our halfwit, self-serving, hypocritical asshole leaders. Just out of interest though, referring to the comment about government handouts; I am now living on benefits, because of an injury picked up when I was a soldier. I just about survive on what I am given in my army pension, and my disability allowance.

Complete idiot!? I served 2 tours in Iraq. Fighting to give you civil liberties to voice your opinion like you just did....god bless our soldiers to give you freedom...and freedom is NOT free! Like Nobama's welfare supporters...How is your gov. handout coming? What are you going to do with your $13, eh!? Also, I am in school to become a stock broker to make millions...while, you play Warcraft and talk to your Internet girlfriend...you total douchbag.

You can serve in the army and be an idiot. That actually seems to be the credentials. You're not fighting in the Revolutionary War, my freedom of speech has nothing to do with oil in the Middle East.

Stock broker? Last I checked the stock market wasn't doing too hot, I'm sure Bush would've handled it fantastically haha. Just like a normal moron, you make generalizations that have no relevance whatsoever in what you're talking about. I don't play Warcraft, and my girlfriend is real. And if we all took a poll, since this a democracy that you swore to protect, I guarentee that you, sir bigot, would be voted the douchbag.

You can serve in the army and be an idiot. That actually seems to be the credentials. You're not fighting in the Revolutionary War, my freedom of speech has nothing to do with oil in the Middle East.

Stock broker? Last I checked the stock market wasn't doing too hot, I'm sure Bush would've handled it fantastically haha. Just like a normal moron, you make generalizations that have no relevance whatsoever in what you're talking about. I don't play Warcraft, and my girlfriend is real. And if we all took a poll, since this a democracy that you swore to protect, I guarentee that you, sir bigot, would be voted the douchbag.

I did have to laugh at that in a way when he said it.

Why is it that when any kind of argument kicks off online, that within a few posts/sentences it turns to the "you don't get out enough/you're a geek/bet you don't have a girlfriend" routine? So what if he doesn't have a girlfriend? So what if he plays Warcraft? Who cares if you want to be a stockbroker? What does any of that have to do with anything?

Next thing you know, he'll be resorting to "yo momma" jokes...

Has anyone else noticed this when WWE have been to other places round the world?

Or does anyone else disagree with my comments?

This is a simple question and an innocent thread. I'm going to keep it simple and try not to declare war on anybodyby staying on topic. WWE simply shows well known landmarks or shows the heart of a big city. They're trying to create the impression that they are where the action is. I'm from Chicago and have been to Allstate Arena many times. Allstate Arena is actually in Rosemont, a suburb of Chicago. When WWE goes there they show downtown Chicago with all the skyscrapers and landmarks. Now Rosemont is really on about 20 or 30 minutes away, but if you didn't know better you'd think RAW was taking place downtown in the big city. It just looks more impressive on tv than the Target next door and the T-Mobile store across the street that's all.

I don't think it matters to the show, but it matters for the crowd reaction. I went in London last night as I did one year previously and last year Cryme Tyme were talking about Euros because it was a European tour, not realising we don't use the Euro. Now to the world watching at home it's a nice funny touch, to that live crowd it was a slap in the face and we booed. I'm sure they edited that but hey. I don't think they need to study every last city they visit but they should probably try not to insult the crowd in case they turn on them.

As a wise man once said, a bad crowd can kill even the best show.

American product, American wrestling product at that, nobody in America cares, their not watching the WWE for a fucking history or geographical lesson, there watching for the wrestling.

They come out to Oakland here in Cali, and show the Golden gate bridge, everyone knows that's San Francisco? right? .... who gives a shit, its a WWE wrestling program, not fucking history class.

Its not ignorant Americans, its the ignorant WWE, and If American culture is getting shoved down you throats overseas more than your own history it would seem you have more issues to worry about than big red double decker buses being shown when there really 20 miles north of the area, there has to be something better to complain about.!?

I agree. But the NFL does the same thing. How many times is something from Dallas shown when they come back from commercial of a Cowboys game? Haven't played in Dallas in at least 30 something years. Now they will play in Arlington; moving further from Dallas.

Maybe the NFL should get skewered for having the "New York" Jets and "New York" Giants who do not even play in the state of New York.

Does anyone care? NO!!! They watch football for football and wrestling for wrestling. If I need to know about Manchester and London, I will ask my wife or watch the travel channel.

what famous landmark in Manchester would be that recognizable to Americans over here? If they did show one and us Americans didn't know what it was we would be called a typical ignorant American. How well do you know our geography? If they showed a landmark in Portland or some city like that would you know it?

You Europeans say that we know nothing and are fat and lazy but get all upset if says you have bad teeth. Or that its ok for you guys to give Americans a stereotypical southern accent that makes us look like idiots but get mad if they say or mimic your accent.

I love how the Brits in this thread bring up how we're destroying the world and we're evil. Look at your own fucking history. All the lands you imperialized, raping poor countries of their natural resources, massacring the Indians and the Chinese. Give me a break, yea our country has done some fucked up shit the last few years but thats nothing compared to the hundreds of years of shit you guys have done.

You know deep down America has produced more good then bad. Cars, planes, trains, internet, etc. all created here are things you couldn't live without are from us. And the thing you are complaining about the WWE is an American product something that clearly brings you joy considering you spend of time out of the day on this site to discuss it.

If the wwe has a show in cleveland and they show something from cinci TS i expect you to pick up on this just as you expected us to pick up your geography mistake

I think this has got a bit out of hand for everyone. I put this post up to say that when you watched the show in Manchester, England and they kept showing pictures of London the crowd wasn't as involved and people say that the crowd was flat or booing. This could have been simply avoided if they showed something a bit more local. I know this doesn't make any difference for the actual wrestling show and i never argued that. This was a simple thread where i wondered if WWE didn't care and just focused on the main landmarks of the areas or whether it was just a genuine mistake. I'm not bothered too much i just thought it might be interesting.

As far as America goes and stereotyping I dont have a problem with anyone and this thread wasn't created as a political tool. I have travelled to America 4 times now to watch Wrestlemania and i love the Country. Yes America can have problems but UK has problems as well as every other country in the world so lets not start down that road.

Either way i hope this can become back to topic.

If you didn't care for the content of the thread then why reply rather than state you didn't care. I know seeing a picture of the London Eye doesn't make or break the wrestling show it was just a point of interest.

what famous landmark in Manchester would be that recognizable to Americans over here? If they did show one and us Americans didn't know what it was we would be called a typical ignorant American. How well do you know our geography? If they showed a landmark in Portland or some city like that would you know it?

You Europeans say that we know nothing and are fat and lazy but get all upset if says you have bad teeth. Or that its ok for you guys to give Americans a stereotypical southern accent that makes us look like idiots but get mad if they say or mimic your accent.

I love how the Brits in this thread bring up how we're destroying the world and we're evil. Look at your own fucking history. All the lands you imperialized, raping poor countries of their natural resources, massacring the Indians and the Chinese. Give me a break, yea our country has done some fucked up shit the last few years but thats nothing compared to the hundreds of years of shit you guys have done.

You know deep down America has produced more good then bad. Cars, planes, trains, internet, etc. all created here are things you couldn't live without are from us. And the thing you are complaining about the WWE is an American product something that clearly brings you joy considering you spend of time out of the day on this site to discuss it.

If the wwe has a show in cleveland and they show something from cinci TS i expect you to pick up on this just as you expected us to pick up your geography mistake

Ok first off I think you are overreacting, the only person who said that in this thread was responding to 1 american who was being stereotypical to us in the first place. Also im not sure were you are getting the idea that we have being saying that you have been destroying the world because from what i haave read in this thread nobody has said that.

I agree with you America has done alot more good than bad over the years and have brought us so many things that are essential to everyday life. Yes i know the English don't have a squeeky clean record but what your on about happened hundreds of years ago i'm not saying we are proud of it, but we haven't done anything bad for hundreds of years too.

They were in Manchester they could have shown Old Trafford, yes not everyone in England is a Manchester United fan, but most Americans know this team as the most successful football team in the world. In America the commentators ususally say something along the lines of '' We are live outside the ____ arena in Cleveland'' and they show you the arena. They don't do that in the UK. They say '' We are Live in Manchester England'' and then show pictures of London.... It makes no sense.

Americans are extremely ignorant towards the UK but so are we to them so I don't see a problem. As far as many in the UK are concerned Americans are fat lazy slobs who eat burgers all day and speak like cowboys. It's not true but it happens anyway. They see us as all posh people in our bowler hats, driving round in black taxis and red double decker buses and sipping cups of tea with horrible teeth. So yeah they're ignorant, but so are we. It happens. As other people have said it happens to every other country. We only care cos it happens to us.

You know deep down America has produced more good then bad. Cars, planes, trains, internet, etc. all created here are things you couldn't live without are from us.

Sorry to point this out, but,
Cars originated in Germany.
The first manned flight was made in Chard, England.
The first train, as we know it, was created by Richard Trevethick, in 1804, in Wales.
The internet was a direct descendant of technology used with the Sputnik rocket, which would be in the 1950's.

Sorry, but to make a point you need to do research.
Oh, and by the way, I'm not saying this to denegrate the American people, as you have just as many jerks and assholes as anywhere else. This is coming from someone who lived in the maddest part of the states, LA, for some years, and has American relatives, and holds American Citizenship.

Hmm, anyway.

It's not just WWE, it's Americans in general. They call us Brits, they don't even know what makes up Britain.

Fat American: ''Hey! You've got a British accent''
Dapper English Bloke: ''No such thing, cunty''

They're mistakes I'm used to, I don't care. I only found out the other week that Chicago wasn't a state.

So were dumb cause we dont know what makes up Britain,United Kingdom,Great Britain...like really what the hell is ur name by the way....yet u just now know that the city of Chicago in the state of Illinois is not a state.....i'll teach u another one New York City is a city not state....and pardon us for not knowing Manchester really theres only one noticeable city that comes to mind when i think of your country and its London....and oh yea there is accents we Americans have slang english.....i get tired of people hating americans and america...canadiens boo our anthem yet if they ever got bombed they would look to us to save there ass like like u guys would too....now onto the subject....who cares like really If WWE goes to france there going to show the Eifel Tower no matter if they are in paris.....China the Great Wall.....I Doubt they come to Fort Wayne,Indiana and show the skyline of a city of couple hundred thousand there going to show Indy....same with Illinois there going to show the Sears Tower even if there in Joliet,Illinois.....but who cares i watch wrestling for wrestling...i dont turn it on and say to myself omg! i hope the show the city skyline thats my favorite part!

On side note i have nothing wrong with any country i just hate when people diss americans calls us dumb.....im quite sure theres dumb people in england too. Do we have bad people yes we do....does france, britain, germany, russia, china, etc... have bad people....yes they do.....but it seems the whole world blames us for this....We all have/had good people too Martin Luther King Jr. (american) Albert Einsten (German) Bono (Irish)....

So were dumb cause we dont know what makes up Britain,United Kingdom,Great Britain...

Igronant, not dumb.

like really what the hell is ur name by the way....

I'm English.

yet u just now know that the city of Chicago in the state of Illinois is not a state.....

I've known that for a while, I was just trying to make a point that we can all be ignorant.

i'll teach u another one New York City is a city not state....

You learn something new every day. Well not every day, I've learnt nothing new today.

and pardon us for not knowing Manchester really theres only one noticeable city that comes to mind when i think of your country and its London....

Surely that proves my point about ignorance.

and oh yea there is accents we Americans have slang english.....

Ok then North American.

i get tired of people hating americans and america...

Both of them, or is this a North/South thing?

canadiens boo our anthem yet if they ever got bombed they would look to us to save there ass

Nobody has a problem with Canada.

like like u guys would too....

Like in World War 2 when you helped us beat those...Japanese?

now onto the subject....who cares like really If WWE goes to france there going to show the Eifel Tower no matter if they are in paris.....

It's only an issue for some if they're not in Paris.

China the Great Wall.....

Do they go to China?

I Doubt they come to Fort Wayne,Indiana and show the skyline of a city of couple hundred thousand there going to show Indy....same with Illinois there going to show the Sears Tower even if there in Joliet,Illinois.....but who cares i watch wrestling for wrestling...i dont turn it on and say to myself omg! i hope the show the city skyline thats my favorite part!

Neither do I, what's your point again?

On side note i have nothing wrong with any country i just hate when people diss americans calls us dumb.....

Ignorant. The dumb thing is a stereotype only a few of you are.

im quite sure theres dumb people in england too.

Just like I'm sure there are Americans with bad teeth.

Do we have bad people yes we do....does france, britain, germany, russia, china, etc...

If you're going to say Britain you may as well just put Europe. If we're simplifying.

have bad people....yes they do.....but it seems the whole world blames us for this....

I blame you for Bush.

We all have/had good people too Martin Luther King Jr. (american) Albert Einsten (German) Bono (Irish)....

I'd just like to say that ThePeoplesChampion is not a good example of what American people are like. Thank you.

Yeah, they should totally relise that we are an entire county made up of 4 different countries. England, Scottland, Wales and Rep. of Ireland. Mabye the WWE can take the first step into making Americans understand us better. There are many accents in this coutry. Jordy, Scouser, Welsh, Scottish and just plain normal... NO ACCENT, LOL.

Americans, tired of us calling you dumb? This ones for you.

By the way I'd love to hear this 'no accent' accent you mentioned. Sounds fucking awesome. Complete silence I imagine? Sign language?

RE the tron fiasco
The two sides will never agree, I just think us Brits should be more thankful we live in the biggest WWE market outside the US and that we're not some square mile dust bowl in the middle east who have yet to get Wrestlemania 1. I mean we get Raws, house shows in the big cities, autograph sessions, TV appearances and back in the day there was Rebellion and Insurexxion (or however you spell it).

Shit we don't even get a tron up here, just the steel mesh stuff. Not that it matters because we come to see the wrestlers, not a fucking TV screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back