Fantasy Football - Age Of Empires dynasty league

Fuck. Emmanuel. Sanders.

Played him in 2 leagues last week, nearly sunk me in my money league until Antonio Brown continued to be the God WR, and now I play him this week in my ESPN league. I'm beginning to grow a severe hatred for him.

I already hate him. Just because he's a freaking bum. He's spitting it all over the place. The numbers he's been putting up lately aren't going to last. Especially if Peyton leaves at the end of the year, that whole Denver offense will have it's fantasy value cut in half. Still thinking Brock Osweiller could be like Aaron Rodgers and Favre, but there's no proving that yet.

But yeah Emmanuel Sanders with no good QB is worthless. He fits better in Denver's offensive scheme then he did in Pittsburgh, but all he did in Pittsburgh was drop big passes and key opportunities. I haven't watched many Denver games this year because I can't stand seeing Manning's face, so I don't know what they're doing different, but mark my words Emmanuel Sanders is a scrub.

Fuck. Emmanuel. Sanders.

Played him in 2 leagues last week, nearly sunk me in my money league until Antonio Brown continued to be the God WR, and now I play him this week in my ESPN league. I'm beginning to grow a severe hatred for him.

Peyton Manning's an asshole. It's like he goes week-to-week in picking a target to score a ridiculous amount of fantasy points. Spreading the ball around? Nah, each game he has a new favorite target.

Next two weeks it'll be Wes Welker. :lmao:

No seriously, Brady has 5 fucking TDs and one of those just couldn't go to Edelman it seems. Although, I must admit at least I'm not the guy who has Brady on my bench today.

No seriously, Brady has 5 fucking TDs and one of those just couldn't go to Edelman it seems. Although, I must admit at least I'm not the guy who has Brady on my bench today.

I'm thankful I'm playing the guy with Brady on his bench. A few of my teams are playing against Brady or they have Brady on the bench.

Such a terse reaction is hardly the way to get anything done.

I respectfully disagree. I don't think 60 points between four players is too much at all. Especially when an offensive player who has a strong game can damn near accomplish 60 points single-handedly.

The defensive players were intended to have a solid impact on game results, and people were to be rewarded for drafting the best OVERALL team. This was the entire concept for including the Individual Defensive Players.

Sometimes, big games will happen. I cant say evidence suggests its a problem. The scoring in my particular games is

4,2, and 11 Vs 4, 15, and 9.

Also, did you look at the stat line on Barr?

He had a fucking INSANE game, he deserved every damn bit of those 36 points.

8 tackles, sack, a pass defended, a fumble forced, a fumble recovered, and a defensive TD. Come on :lmao:

I definitely don't think you should change the scoring again. Regardless of whether defense is too much or not...changing the scoring in the middle of the season after the draft is probably the worst thing to do. The changes weren't that big of a deal though so I didn't bother saying anything.

But if this is a going to be a legit keeper league then once we get established and going, every major league change should be voted on by the entire league. That's the way every other dynasty league I'm in works. Usually we bring that stuff up right before the draft, if it's unanimous it goes in for that season, if the majority says yes then it goes in the next season.

The league doesn't have to vote on every little thing, but big stuff like rule changes or scoring should be.

Also, any defensive player can have that type of game. It's not that big of a deal. You could probably find 20 guys in the free agency that had a great week this week.

Perhaps if there was a pay-in, I would likely make that a hard and fast thing.

But for the most part, Ty and myself will handle changes/decisions. There were changes early because as with any fledgling situation, itll be a developing process as far as how things actually bear out in games. If its something radical, we will certainley gauge how the league feels about it. Obviously, I was paying attention to this thread for feedback in regards to the defensive scoring.

I do not forsee any more changes besides very minor ones any time soon.

I 100% agree with the Defensive scoring being just as high as Offensive, and I'm LOSING because my opponent's Defensive guys got him 40 points through 3 guys.

I think if we're gonna do individual Defensive players, they need the option to run up JUST as many points as offensive players. I mean, it's much harder to get a damned INT, or Sack than it is to rack up 10 points off screen catches, or slants.

NorCal's scoring change is solid and needs to remain the way he changed it. Putting it back, and you might as well just redo the whole fricken thing and draft just "Defenses."

Lots of whining so far in this league, and not enough fun. I'm loving this thing so far, and I'm looking at a 1-1 record after this week. Still better than regular fantasy football.

It's high scoring, I see nothing wrong with that. My opponent has...hold on let me grab my italics and bold....58 points in one half from Roethlisberger.

On the flip side, I got a total of 7 points combined from my Defensive Flex and my DL spots.

It also needs to be noted, Kyle Orton got 50 points on my bench. While Peyton got 45. :lmao: Still not even second guessing starting anyone but Peyton.

It's high scoring, I see nothing wrong with that. My opponent has...hold on let me grab my italics and bold....58 points in one half from Roethlisberger.

On the flip side, I got a total of 7 points combined from my Defensive Flex and my DL spots.

This. ALL OF IT!

I enjoy high scoring games. I also enjoy knowing if I'm down by 20, and only have a Defensive guy left - I'm still NOT out of the game.

I think if we're gonna do individual Defensive players, they need the option to run up JUST as many points as offensive players. I mean, it's much harder to get a damned INT, or Sack than it is to rack up 10 points off screen catches, or slants.

Thats the thing, they STILL aren't as powerful as offensive players....they simply have a strong added dimension of value. An RB with 150 yards and a couple TDs will still outscore a defensive player who had a once in a week defensive performance like Barr did. A strong performances from offensive players can regularly net around 45 - 55 points. Weekly. We MIGHT see a defensive player go over 40 maybe three times this season.

If you want it from a slightly different perspective, in my money league match up, my opponent's Defense/ST Miami Dolphins, has as of right now scored the most in the match up at 30 points. Nothing real flashy points scale wise, but that's just goes to show a Defense/IDP can have a huge impact on a fantasy game.

Thats the thing, they STILL aren't as powerful as offensive players....they simply have a strong added dimension of value. An RB with 150 yards and a couple TDs will still outscore a defensive player who had a once in a week defensive performance like Barr did. A strong performances from offensive players can regularly net around 45 - 55 points. Weekly. We MIGHT see a defensive player go over 40 maybe three times this season.

JJ Watt's performance a couple weeks back, before we started probably would've netted 40+.

When he got a Defensive, AND Offensive TD. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back