Fantasy Football - Age Of Empires dynasty league

15 keepers. At the end of the year you can select 15 players to keep on your roster and the rest get dropped into the draft pool. We redraft and pick up anyone we want, and go from there.

So all in favor of a 20 spot deep IR just for Clay say aye.

Do we have any IR spots at all? We should have at least 2.

Fleaflicker seems like a great site but boy oh boy does their autopick system suck :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Autopicker on any site blows. Best option is to just make sure you're at the draft. Especially a dynasty league...that team is going to take some work.

8 spot IR. It's a tad much, but hey, shit happens and with such enlarged rosters we may need it.

Yeah with offense and defense an 8 spot IR makes sense. I originally thought I wasn't going to have enough to even contend this year before the draft, but it's not looking half bad for me. Still probably middle of the pack for this year especially with Montee Ball hurt right now.

If I finished in last I would have to make a trade, because right now I'm keeping all seven of my running backs. So I wouldn't even be able to draft a back in the draft next year lol, and there's a couple good ones.

I'm alright with the team I drafted tonight. I worried more about the future with drafting Hilton as my #1 WR than the present since he's on and off but I intend to keep him for a long time because when Reggie Wayne retires he'll become a total fantasy beast.

I'm alright with the team I drafted tonight. I worried more about the future with drafting Hilton as my #1 WR than the present since he's on and off but I intend to keep him for a long time because when Reggie Wayne retires he'll become a total fantasy beast.

I looked over all the teams, and I actually think yours has the best chance to come in first this year.

Not going to lie I think for the future it's shit, but you've got the most balance for this year.

Good pickup with Storm Johnson. If I had room I would've gone after him. He's got some potential as a young guy. And Matt Ryan is pretty solid at QB for fantasy too, very underrated fantasy QB.

Your backs are awesome for this year, but they're all old as dirt. Gore is done after this year, Forte and Chris Johnson aren't young either. Andre Johnson and Roddy White are both very old.

TY Hilton has the most potential on your team, but the reason I don't like him is because of how small he is. 5'9, 183 LBs is crazy small. But then again the league is changing more and more to accommodate those smaller guys. When's the last time Reggie Bush has had an inj- Oh wait never mind. If he stays healthy he'll be solid.

Heath Miller used to be a pretty solid under the radar fantasy TE before he tore his ACL and in Bruce Arian's offense. But now he's pretty useless especially in that Todd Haley offense. I honestly like Jared Cook over him for you.

And honestly I looked over Claymation's team too, and it's not half bad. Especially if things turn out alright for Adrian Peterson. He still needs some running back help, and he's got a ton of injuries right now he won't contend this year. But he's got Megatron, Drew Brees, and Adrian Peterson. That's all you need for a team right there. But in reality I think there's a pretty fair chance that Peterson might not play again in my opinion. Dude could just retire after all this. Jesus Christ though it's like the autopicker was trying to draft him every guy who's out for the year.

Another team I like for this year is Ty's team. It's solid for this year, and he was one of the smart ones that knew to wait on a QB. He ended up Jay Cutler in the 7th, and Cutler is a pretty underrated fantasy QB. But his team looks solid, especially after he raped Will bad in that trade. :p

This might be the most fun I've had doing an online draft. Good stuff and I look forward to the future here. Good stuff. Best of luck boys.

I looked over all the teams, and I actually think yours has the best chance to come in first this year.

Not going to lie I think for the future it's shit, but you've got the most balance for this year.

Good pickup with Storm Johnson. If I had room I would've gone after him. He's got some potential as a young guy. And Matt Ryan is pretty solid at QB for fantasy too, very underrated fantasy QB.

Your backs are awesome for this year, but they're all old as dirt. Gore is done after this year, Forte and Chris Johnson aren't young either. Andre Johnson and Roddy White are both very old.

TY Hilton has the most potential on your team, but the reason I don't like him is because of how small he is. 5'9, 183 LBs is crazy small. But then again the league is changing more and more to accommodate those smaller guys. When's the last time Reggie Bush has had an inj- Oh wait never mind. If he stays healthy he'll be solid.

Heath Miller used to be a pretty solid under the radar fantasy TE before he tore his ACL and in Bruce Arian's offense. But now he's pretty useless especially in that Todd Haley offense. I honestly like Jared Cook over him for you.

And honestly I looked over Claymation's team too, and it's not half bad. Especially if things turn out alright for Adrian Peterson. He still needs some running back help, and he's got a ton of injuries right now he won't contend this year. But he's got Megatron, Drew Brees, and Adrian Peterson. That's all you need for a team right there. But in reality I think there's a pretty fair chance that Peterson might not play again in my opinion. Dude could just retire after all this. Jesus Christ though it's like the autopicker was trying to draft him every guy who's out for the year.

Another team I like for this year is Ty's team. It's solid for this year, and he was one of the smart ones that knew to wait on a QB. He ended up Jay Cutler in the 7th, and Cutler is a pretty underrated fantasy QB. But his team looks solid, especially after he raped Will bad in that trade. :p

Forte is still on the good side of 30 and I'm not worried about him falling apart anytime soon. I admit Roddy and Andre weren't the best picks but at the very least they can probably help me for this year. Every year new WR's break out and I'll be relying on that for the future at this point.

I wanted Storm during the draft but ran out of space for an RB. So when I saw the space opened up for another back I had to nab him.

Also agree with what you said about that trade, not a fan of the trade just being pushed through because it was one sided.

Forte is still on the good side of 30 and I'm not worried about him falling apart anytime soon. I admit Roddy and Andre weren't the best picks but at the very least they can probably help me for this year. Every year new WR's break out and I'll be relying on that for the future at this point.

I wanted Storm during the draft but ran out of space for an RB. So when I saw the space opened up for another back I had to nab him.

Also agree with what you said about that trade, not a fan of the trade just being pushed through because it was one sided.

You never know when a back is going to hit the wall though when they're up in that age. Some could go strong till they're 33. Look at Rashad Mendenhall he was 26. Forte is good, and he very well might have a good four years left in him and be good for you till then. But in a dynasty league with the first overall pick...I wouldn't have done it.

I personally liked L. Bell the best out of any back. I was almost considering taking LeSean McCoy 5th overall, I thought he'd go way before that, but I had to take Bell. He's only 22, and he's consistent. Just as long as he doesn't get caught smoking dope again.

McCoy, Bell, Murray, Foster, Lacy. All great young backs. I would've taken one of them, then I probably would have taken a back like Montee Ball or Doug Martin in the second round. Which I actually did with Ball. Thought about grabbing Martin when he was still there in the third but I didn't want to wait on a young wideout because they were going like crazy. Then at that point I didn't want to wait any longer and take a chance on losing him, so I took Carlos Hyde in the 4th. I figured the way you guys were drafting he'd probably fall later, but I wasn't taking the chance I wanted him bad. He's going to be a freaking stud, and he's already taking carries away from Frank Gore game by game. I would have drafted Carlos Hyde first overall if I thought someone would take him second overall to be honest, that's how much I like him.

And yeah you're exactly right, new WRs always do break out. Which is why backs are the most important by far. I can't stress it enough when I give fantasy advice. Take a running back the first two rounds. Sometimes I might take a third, other times I'll probably go WR. I don't worry about QB until much later, because you can always get a guy like Jay Cutler, or Phillip Rivers, or Tom Brady who puts up big points and is always sitting there late. Since this is a dynasty league I went and drafted Ben Roethlisberger since I like the guy and he puts up decent points, and then drafted Blake Bortles for the future. Now Bortles may not pan out, but I'll keep looking. Worst case I could draft a guy like Tony Romo when you cut him at the end of the year because he'll put up pretty decent points anyway.

The only thing that could keep my team down in the future is my defense. I wasn't concerned at all by the defense. I was thinking of grabbing JJ Watt in the 5th or 6th round, but he didn't make it so I said screw it. Didn't end up drafting defense till like the 14th round. But my thoughts were there are so many defensive players out there that I could find anyone to put in there and give me some decent points. If that ends up not being the case and I end up having one of the worst defenses in the league then that's going to have to be something I'll be rebuilding.

And as far as the trade goes. I mean if Will liked it and said yes then he must have thought it was good. I personally didn't, but I have no problem with this being one of those leagues where if you say yes and accept the deal then it's done it happened. A little cutthroat, but if everyone knows what they're doing then they probably have a reason for it. I mean I don't know what's going to happen with Jamaal Charles next year, I just know Knile Davis is getting ready to take that ship over. He could end up playing somewhere else.

I like Murray and I don't like Murray. I had him in one of my other leagues and I traded him and D. Thomas for Eddie Lacy and Vincent Jackson. So far this year I'm getting killed bad in that deal. At the time Murray was hurt like he always is. But this year he's been great, and it's because they're running it more than they were before too. But he'll get hurt, because he's a pussy and he always does. But they were both early first round pick backs. They should've been in the top five picks in my opinion. So trading one for the other straight up would have be reasonable, Charles is only a year older than Murray is. But Randall Cobb is a great WR, he points up big points on a weekly basis, and Will drafted him in the second round which is where he should have went. So Cobb and Charles is already pretty unfair for Murray. But then he threw in his second round pick for next year too, which is a pretty good pick. I mean he'll probably get a pretty solid rookie WR or something with that pick.

D. Murray for Charles and a 5th round pick might've been fair. Or Murray for Charles and Brandin Cooks or something like that. Both of those would've been fair.

But like I said if Will liked what he was doing then I don't have a problem with it. But if anyone in the league wants to get a second opinion then by all means feel free to shoot me a PM on here or something. It's always good to get a second opinion on a trade before you do it just to make sure.

With the year Lacy is having, I wasn't touching him. Last year could have been a fluke for all we know.

But I get your train of thought and everybody is gonna have different thoughts on different players. I tried to do a mix of building for the future and having a solid team this year and I think I did just that.

Also who says I'll cut Romo at the end of the year? Having him and Matty Ice to start next year would be nice.

With the year Lacy is having, I wasn't touching him. Last year could have been a fluke for all we know.

But I get your train of thought and everybody is gonna have different thoughts on different players. I tried to do a mix of building for the future and having a solid team this year and I think I did just that.

Also who says I'll cut Romo at the end of the year? Having him and Matty Ice to start next year would be nice.

Lacy hasn't been that bad at all. I don't like how Green Bay throws it 50 times a game and how they're starting to split his carries with Starks, but I think it's temporary. Did you see the game he had against the Vikings on that Thursday Night game? Green Bay is slowly starting to try and have more of a running game. They still threw the ball 42 damn times against Miami last week, and Rodgers hogged it for 7 carries too. That's the biggest thing working against Lacy right now.

And lol I can probably find a better keeper than Romo for you. Why the hell do you have four QBs anyway? You like Derek Anderson? Right now anyway you go Ryan, Forte, Gore, McFadden, Hilton, A. Johnson, Storm Johnson, J. Cook...okay damn you might as well keep Romo. I was being generous with Gore and McFadden too. Like I said you're pretty solid for the rest of this year, and probably next year too.

Lacy hasn't been that bad at all. I don't like how Green Bay throws it 50 times a game and how they're starting to split his carries with Starks, but I think it's temporary. Did you see the game he had against the Vikings on that Thursday Night game? Green Bay is slowly starting to try and have more of a running game. They still threw the ball 42 damn times against Miami last week, and Rodgers hogged it for 7 carries too. That's the biggest thing working against Lacy right now.

And lol I can probably find a better keeper than Romo for you. Why the hell do you have four QBs anyway? You like Derek Anderson? Right now anyway you go Ryan, Forte, Gore, McFadden, Hilton, A. Johnson, Storm Johnson, J. Cook...okay damn you might as well keep Romo. I was being generous with Gore and McFadden too. Like I said you're pretty solid for the rest of this year, and probably next year too.

Yeah Lacy has had 1 or 2 good games but there's also been weeks where he does jack shit. Forte has been very reliable this year and until last night I didn't have him on any team. If an injury was to happen to Lacy or any other top RB besides Forte it'd hurt me bad on at least 2 teams. Where as a Forte injury will only hurt me on one team.

Derek Anderson was the last pick in the draft, didn't want any more defensive players and I couldn't draft another WR, RB or TE. I already had a 2nd kicker too. I'll end up dropping him by the end of the year I'm sure.

Like I said, you may not think some of my picks we're good but everybody thinks differently. But for all your talk, you didn't even end up paying attention for most of the year in the WZ Fantasy Baseball League that YOU made. So I don't know how you are at fantasy sports, I do fairly well in Football and Baseball every year.

Yeah Lacy has had 1 or 2 good games but there's also been weeks where he does jack shit. Forte has been very reliable this year and until last night I didn't have him on any team. If an injury was to happen to Lacy or any other top RB besides Forte it'd hurt me bad on at least 2 teams. Where as a Forte injury will only hurt me on one team.

Derek Anderson was the last pick in the draft, didn't want any more defensive players and I couldn't draft another WR, RB or TE. I already had a 2nd kicker too. I'll end up dropping him by the end of the year I'm sure.

Like I said, you may not think some of my picks we're good but everybody thinks differently. But for all your talk, you didn't even end up paying attention for most of the year in the WZ Fantasy Baseball League that YOU made. So I don't know how you are at fantasy sports, I do fairly well in Football and Baseball every year.

Yeah I'm sorry about that. I saw there wasn't a baseball league here, and I figured I'd make one. I was already in a couple money leagues at the time, and I got completely sick of the idea of a rotisserie league because of one league. So I just completely neglected that one.

I'm just giving you a second opinion and relaying some ideas. Not trying to act like a know it all or anything. :)

Also, Clay will be stacked next year if he ends up with the overall no 1 pick, who will be Todd Gurley.

Will be able to start Gurley, Peterson, Moreno, Cal Johnson, Victor Cruz, Drew Brees.

Pfft. That's all I got to say about that.

Next year's re-draft will be a who's who of random back-ups, and unknown quality players. A 2nd round pick is not gonna break me.

Meanwhile, in my defense - Murray (who is a long term stud) for Charles and Cobb (both very questionable for their respective teams) are pretty even through my eyes. Charles is on a team that is hit or miss, and while he's solid fantasy wise - he can't always be trusted. Murray has proven he's Dallas new crutch, and is firmly on his way to 2,000+ yards this season.

Meanwhile, Cobb isn't even the best WR on that Green Bay team. Rodgers will go to him, but only after hitting Nelson 7+ times.

On the flip, I'm already happy about Vereen showing up and looking strong for the remainder of the season. My only question mark is oddly enough, at TE and WR. (two positions I normally out do myself in, and screw myself over at RB)

I went the way of defense in this draft with the likes of Watt AND Kuechly, so depending how well the league is with giving out defensive points. That will be what makes or breaks my team. Especially considering I went those two defensive guys WAYYYYYY high in the draft.

Just noticed a couple others questioning the trade. So I have to say this..

1. I've been involved in Fantasy football leagues for, uh, longer than most of your balls have been dropped. So there's that. :p

2. In all seriousness, I agreed to Murray for Charles, my 2nd rounder this year, and next year. He picked Cobb with my 2nd rounder this year.

3. I'm good with the trade, regardless of how many people think it's one-sided for the above post I made; reasons included. I have no love for my auto-picked Charles, nor do I have faith in him (or Cobb, for that matter) - as I do for Murray to carry my team into the next several years.

Afterall, this IS a keeper league, boys. We're looking long term - not just a one year spin-off. At least I hope.

Also, Clay will be stacked next year if he ends up with the overall no 1 pick, who will be Todd Gurley.

Will be able to start Gurley, Peterson, Moreno, Cal Johnson, Victor Cruz, Drew Brees.

Yeah that's what I was saying he really doesn't have that bad of a team at all. There's no telling if Gurley is going to be the first overall pick yet though. Depends on what team he ends up on. There's a couple backs out there that I really like though.

If all is good for AP then Clay will be in good damn shape. He's either going to play next year, and end up having another 2,000 yard season because he's tough as nails, had a years rest, and has a lot to prove. Or he's not going to play football again and Clay gets screwed.

I was personally hoping that Peterson was going to slip to the 5th round or so, and I was going to take him there. But autopicker wasn't going to let that happen.

I just don't understand the love for Moreno. I could name ten better backs off the top of my head. I own one of them. Where did the Moreno love come from? One year with Peyton? Somebody fill me in.

Just noticed that we actually still have 30 rounds for our draft next year. Shouldn't it just be 15 rounds? 30 man roster, 15 keepers. We'd only need 15 rounds to fill up our teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back