Fantasy Football - Age Of Empires dynasty league

I can't tell if the Percy Harvin trade helps me or not. I'm optimistic so far, as long as he doesn't end up in another AP/Ray Rice situation (I'm reading rumors). I just know with the Jets he will get more opportunities then he was getting this year with the Seahawks.

Of course, it sucks I can't play him this week, but I'm up against Clay so it shouldn't matter :lmao:

Funny enough, I have sorta burned out on my other league (one of which I am dominant in) and only 110% care about this one haha

I'm in two money leagues, ones $50 and ones $20 or something like that, and I've been thinking more about this one than the other ones. Probably just because it's new. It'll all balance out in awhile I'm sure. I'm also tanking in one too so that also helps.

I can't tell if the Percy Harvin trade helps me or not. I'm optimistic so far, as long as he doesn't end up in another AP/Ray Rice situation (I'm reading rumors). I just know with the Jets he will get more opportunities then he was getting this year with the Seahawks.

Of course, it sucks I can't play him this week, but I'm up against Clay so it shouldn't matter :lmao:
It'll help him big-time. It'll also help all the Jets Offense, as they now have this thing called a "weapon," which they have lacked this season thus far.

Of course since it's a dynasty league and next year and the year after matter, it won't help since there is talk he will probably not be on the team next year, as the Jets have $0 guaranteed to him after this year. His issues with being a respectable human being will probably hurt his chances at getting a job in the NFL.

Oh, and if I didn't have work the day of the draft I would have been all over this shit.

Im not against expansion in the future. The NY market is def one that interests the Age Of Empires :)
Good to know. I'm confident enough that I'd be able to draft a full team against a team with keepers and still win.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many Jets were drafted in this deep league. I'd guess Ivory, Decker, Harvin, and the Sons of Anarchy (Richardson and Wilkerson). MAYBE a LB like Harris or Davis.

Fred Jackson goes down, CJ Spiller prime to be the #1 back for a while and boom, looks like he's out for the season now. Horrible luck, Holy.

I can't poke fun though because I have that motherfucker in my money league :( :( :(

So I was out a little bit too late last night, so when I got up around 3 PM and saw the score of the Falcons game, I said "Well that's to be expected, let's see what's going fantasy wise and get something to eat." Then I saw the fantasy score and just sat in my chair and got real quiet, real, real, quiet. I just regain function of my upper extremities to see the Ravens get a safety.

So it appears Antonio Brown will need to be my savior in 2 leagues, 3 if he can figure out how to get 60+ points for me.

Nice to see I already won my matchup and will start 1-0. But the best part of today is Peyton Manning breaking Farve's record. That was a pretty sweet moment for me to watch considering as a kid Peyton was the first player to really draw my interest.

Well, it was nice to see that somebody on my fantasy team knew that games were being played this week. I do wonder who goes out with the season ending injury next week though.

So, uh, anyone else wanna bad mouth that trade that lead to me getting a victory over the guy I traded? LAWLZ Yeah..

None the less, good game Ty! If it weren't for Peyton (who I'm sure will now retire at the end of the year), I definitely would not have won.

I'm majorly happy with my RB situation. Not so much with my WR/TE group. Absolutely LOVING my Defensive guys. 1-0!

None the less, good game Ty! If it weren't for Peyton (who I'm sure will now retire at the end of the year), I definitely would not have won.

I'm not sure he'll retire at the end of the year without a Super Bowl Win. I think if he doesn't get another ring he keeps going for at least one more year.

So, uh, anyone else wanna bad mouth that trade that lead to me getting a victory over the guy I traded? LAWLZ Yeah..

I'm majorly happy with my RB situation. Not so much with my WR/TE group. Absolutely LOVING my Defensive guys. 1-0!

J. Charles had two less points than Murray did, and Randal Cobb had 29 points on top of that. If anything that trade would've helped Ty in this matchup, but Peyton Manning's big game and Jay Cutler's weak game gave you the win hands down.

I'm not bad mouthing your trade. I understand that you're a big boy and you can make your own decisions. I just wouldn't have done it personally. I like Murray more than Charles, but they're both talented backs especially for the next two years. Giving him Charles, and a 5th round pick or something would have been more than a fair deal.

Instead you gave him a great wide receiver who puts up consistent numbers, and don't tell me that Jordy Nelson is the bigger target, because that's bull. Cobb is the better athletes hands down and Rodgers knows it, and Jordy is only open more because of that. Cobb puts up big numbers already, he's in Green Bay's throw 50 times a game offense, and he's only 24 years old. He is a great wideout to have in this type of league. Not only that but you gave him a second round pick in there. It's a dynasty league yeah, 14 teams, but that's still a pretty good pick. I'm expecting half of these guys to take non rookies in this draft anyway, so assuming you'd know enough not to then you'd probably get a pretty decent rookie. Tre Mason for example is probably someone who might have slid to that spot, and look at where he's at right now. Or a young wideout to compliment Cobb.

DeMarco Murray is good, and he's only 26. But the guy gets hurt, a lot. Like damn I think this is the longest he's gone without getting a serious injury. Even then he just had to get his ankle tapped up on Sunday. In the long run Murray probably will be better than Charles, and the long run is what matters a lot in keeper leagues. But having Cobb there would be great for the long run too, and that 2nd round pick. Ty killed you bad. You may have gotten the better end as far as Murray goes, but Ty has Charles at least for a few more years and a great young WR, and a 2nd round pick next year. Now if it was Charles and Cobb for Murray and HIS second round pick that would've been fair.

But in the end it's your team. We're obviously going to have different opinions about stuff. You can't do anything about it now even if I did change your mind about it, so what's done is done. Hope it pans out for you.

Edit: Also, at the risk of sounding like even more of an asshole, I really don't think defense plays as big of a part as some of you think. It's a cool concept, and I like it. It's different than other leagues I'm in. But I didn't start drafting any defensive players at all until the 15th round. There was no way in hell I was even drafting one before the 12th round, because I knew I could find guys that could put up points. It's defense, there are SO many players out there you can find that get points like that on a consistent basis. JJ Watt is a great player to have for a defensive league, and if he was sitting there in the 7th or something then I might have considered breaking my rule, but I just wasn't too focused on defense at all. My defense put up 50 points this week, and again not to be an asshole but just to compare since you took defense early, yours put up 48 points. They're both pretty matched and all my picks weren't till halfway through the draft. Again I like the defense, but I think that you can always find guys to put up consistent points. JJ Watt and Luke Kuechly are keepers though, I'm probably not going to keep any of my defensive guys.

Edit: Also, at the risk of sounding like even more of an asshole, I really don't think defense plays as big of a part as some of you think. It's a cool concept, and I like it. It's different than other leagues I'm in. But I didn't start drafting any defensive players at all until the 15th round. There was no way in hell I was even drafting one before the 12th round, because I knew I could find guys that could put up points. It's defense, there are SO many players out there you can find that get points like that on a consistent basis. JJ Watt is a great player to have for a defensive league, and if he was sitting there in the 7th or something then I might have considered breaking my rule, but I just wasn't too focused on defense at all. My defense put up 50 points this week, and again not to be an asshole but just to compare since you took defense early, yours put up 48 points. They're both pretty matched and all my picks weren't till halfway through the draft. Again I like the defense, but I think that you can always find guys to put up consistent points. JJ Watt and Luke Kuechly are keepers though, I'm probably not going to keep any of my defensive guys.

I went back in and tweaked the defensive scoring a little to add some more value. But yea, given the fact that there are tons of options out there for defense, only about 5 guys will have real top end value

So for as much as a "sure thing" I thought this game against Clay was going to be, I ended up desperately needing a huge game from Arian Foster last night to squeak by. Jimmy Graham being targeted only one time almost fucked me.

Hopefully he's in full form Sunday and Percy gets a lot of touches and my team becomes the team I drafted. Also, Kaep not playing like dog shit would help too.

So for as much as a "sure thing" I thought this game against Clay was going to be, I ended up desperately needing a huge game from Arian Foster last to squeak by. Jimmy Graham being targeted only one time almost fucked me.

Hopefully he's in full form Sunday and Percy gets a lot of touches and my team becomes the team I drafted. Also, Kaep not playing like dog shit would help too.

Yeah I would have appreciated half of my team showing the fuck up for me this last week, and Cutler not being a worthless POS and getting the ball to his ridiculously good receiving corps.

This league isn't nearly as dire as my ESPN league though, that's a shit show and a half. Injuries are murdering me:

Jimmy Graham
Calvin Johnson
Pierre Thomas
Fred Jackson
Andre Williams has been a bust and is on a bye
Rueben Randle - Bye
Gore - Bye

I'm starting Steven Jackson at this point, which when I started the season was my 5th or 6th string running back. This started out as my best team, but man it's been brutal the past few weeks. Thankfully my CBS/Money League team is fantastic and sitting pretty tied for 1st at 5-2.

J. Charles had two less points than Murray did, and Randal Cobb had 29 points on top of that. If anything that trade would've helped Ty in this matchup, but Peyton Manning's big game and Jay Cutler's weak game gave you the win hands down.

I can agree with most of this. I even said if it weren't for Manning, it likely was a different story - but that's more to my line-up at specific positions, than him having two players I "drafted."

I got 0 points at the TE position, due to New England being a group of dicks claiming they were gonna use Tim Wright more, only to not target him once.

Instead you gave him a great wide receiver who puts up consistent numbers, and don't tell me that Jordy Nelson is the bigger target, because that's bull. Cobb is the better athletes hands down and Rodgers knows it, and Jordy is only open more because of that.

You keep going back to Cobb, and that's mainly due to not getting the trade. The original trade happened in the 1st round.

It was Charles for Murray, my 2nd this year and next year. At the time of doing so, I realized we had a 30 round draft. Didn't believe 1 early pick was going to make a difference. Cobb was never "on the table", that was who Ty selected with the pick I traded.

That's like saying someone cuts a stud next year, Ty ends up drafting them with my other 2nd pick I gave him, and coming back saying "You gave him that guy, too." Technically if you wanna say that, sure, but the actual trade was stud for stud, and 2 picks.

Also, we have very different opinions on Cobb. I'm not a Green Bay fan, so I can't say which is better - but I know Nelson, fantasy wise, almost ALWAYS out-plays Cobb in points. So, to me, Nelson is better through that aspect. Which, is afterall, what we're here doing.

DeMarco Murray is good, and he's only 26. But the guy gets hurt, a lot. Like damn I think this is the longest he's gone without getting a serious injury. Even then he just had to get his ankle tapped up on Sunday. In the long run Murray probably will be better than Charles, and the long run is what matters a lot in keeper leagues. But having Cobb there would be great for the long run too, and that 2nd round pick. Ty killed you bad.

Time will tell on all of this.

I'm a team level fantasy player. I go after guys through teams I feel would use them to a top level.

Charles is on a team that isn't normally putting up tons of points. Murray is on a team, in a division where he can normally run well against the other 3 teams - twice a year - and in the NFC, which I believe is a more run happy conference. Skill level to me, goes to Murray.

The only equality between them, is they're both on teams that don't typically use back-up's as much as most teams do now.

Cobb gets enough targets to be quality, but he's on a team that throws 20-30 times a game, and I could pick up at least two other players from that same team, to equal his potential numbers.

I'm not continuing the argument. I respect the opinion. You said yourself, it's done. I don't look back, and I still maintain - it wasn't a bad trade unless Murray goes down, and Cobb/Charles become the hottest targets at their respective positions. Which is possible, but not likely.

In the end. 1-0. :lmao:

Also, the defensive thing was me just going after more guys I wanted. Keeper league. 2 young guys at the top of those spots, easily.

Fuck. Emmanuel. Sanders.

Played him in 2 leagues last week, nearly sunk me in my money league until Antonio Brown continued to be the God WR, and now I play him this week in my ESPN league. I'm beginning to grow a severe hatred for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back