Fantasy Football - Age Of Empires dynasty league

AND THE PLAYOFFS ARE UPON USSS

and I was the last one out of the playoffs. Well. Shit.
I offered to bench Eddie Lacy and help you win..... I wish I did it anyway. Now I'm wondering if I should bench Eddie Lacy next week. Good thing Russel Wilson made up for it with 50 points (and was my 2nd best QB).

I will now be facing Theo and his beard. He will be defeated by the might of Russel Wilson. When I get back Tyler Eifert it will be a bloodbath. Sad as I like Theo but the fantasy gridiron will be bathed in his blood come this weekend.

Hey Holy, if you're reading this, adjust your line-up accordingly.

I want to beat your ass fair and square, so I can then be on my way to beating Norcal's ass and grabbing that #1 pick.

tumblr_n3xct7RZgR1si9kpgo2_500.gif

Surprised nobody is making trades to try and beef up their team a bit for a playoff run.

:suspic: :shrug:

I was trying, but I think the general problem right now is you have like 3 top elite teams, who won't budge on anything because they're all firm in belief they can't be beat. Two of them will be wrong..

Then you have lower ranked teams that have decent enough depth on good days, but they could equally suck ass on bad ones. (hence, my situation)

So yes, I am looking for trade options; but not at the risk of giving away the farm on a fluke chance I might win once this year, but lose more in the year's to come. I'm not Oakland..

I have looked over every team's RB depth chart and arguably - it all sucks. This doesn't mean people don't have 2-3 decent enough backs, so much as it means the NFL truly lost an appeal when it comes to decent RB's and moved more to a "by-committee" approach.

I have enough guys that could be great, if it weren't for those pesky starters right fucking in front of them. (Thomas Rawls, rivaled by Lynch.. Alfred Blue - rivaled by Foster, and Polk.. West/Ware, rivaled by Charles, and each other.. Vereen, rivaled by Coughlin's dumb ass not realizing he's the best back he has.. Murray, rivaled by an OL and Chip Kelly's inability to be a good Coach.. you see.. it sucks.)

I also have more talent at WR & TE than I need, so it's a struggle to find the right 2-3 guys to play, and not get pissed when my bench gets more.

Finally, there's my strength - defense. When everyone else drafted offense early; I was the guy who went based on original points settings and took the power-house Watt/Kuechly, who in turn put out monster numbers to rival top offensive guys. (rightfully so, they are the best in their respective positions.)

I'm set for the draft, but not as much as some with multiple 1st's and 2nd's.

I'm playing for the now, but not trying to risk the tomorrow - if you get my point.

I totally get where your coming from. And I fully get your point on trying to find an RB to trade for, when I was looking for an RB trade most teams either didn't have one that perked my interest or if they did I figured they wouldn't trade them because the rest of their backs were iffy past this year.

But at least I think my RB situation looks good for next year with Lewis/Anderson/Forsett/Gore carrying it. Provided they continue to play at a high level and stay healthy that is.

Tis the tough thing about this kind of league, with deep rosters and many teams....Not a ton of depth on most teams, so micro-trades are rare.

Tis the tough thing about this kind of league, with deep rosters and many teams....Not a ton of depth on most teams, so micro-trades are rare.

Which amazes me as to why some teams seem so stacked. Nick, for example, has Julio Jones, OBJ, and Hopkins. I'm not even sure how anyone let that happen in the draft. I assume Jones and OBJ were back-to-back picks, since Hopkins did come into this year somewhat quiet, he was probably a later round pick. It isn't like the rest of his team is suffering though. He has quality all along his lineup.

I admire how fleaflicker only has me predicted to lose by a small margin when I'm feeling it'll be a blowout. LOL Gonna need everyone on my team to step up here. Ty probably wants that as well.

Which amazes me as to why some teams seem so stacked.

Well no, its actually quite clear how all that happened :lmao:

A lot of people have done a lot of incredibly stupid moves in this league. Unfortunately, the way this league is structured, you can't afford to be making those kinds of moves and not become a wasteland.

And rosters would have looked incredibly different had we started at the beginning of the season last year instead of almost 6-7 weeks in.

Luck would not have gone numero uno I assure you, OBJ would have gone way later since he was an unknown rookie who was hurt, basically take any rookie and drop their draft spots down quite a bit. I would not have been able to trade DeMarco Murray for Jamaal Charles, (essentially) Randall Cobb, and a 2nd round pick the following year.

Things change at a fluid pace in fantasy football. It's why every top ten back not named Adrian Peterson has been bust city/injured this year, leaving those with the 2nd and 3rd tier suddenly having the elite RB corps. Or how everyone let Hopkins keep sliding down and letting me get tremendous value for him in every redraft league. Hell Devonta Freeman was supposed to be the handcuff to Coleman in my ESPN league, and look how that turned out.

Fortunes can change on the fly, I'm down Gronk and Nate has a very good team now that someone is caring for it. I would not be surprised if I'm knocked out as the top seed this year.

The reason Nates team is stacked IS BECAUSE no one was paying attention to it, and thusly, could not make a bunch of moronic moves to ruin it :lmao: :lmao:

I was looking back at my team last season recently and it was so bad, at least this year I just got destroyed by injuries. I probably would've done better this year if I drafted better, lesson learned heading into next season.

I don't blame mine on trading. I viewed Murray as a younger guy, who had better potential than Charles. Both were injury prone, but Murray was (at time) behind a stud OL that is currently allowing Run DMC to be reborn. ..... Meanwhile, Chip Kelly is single handily fucking me by giving 3rd stringers more carries than Murray, and forcing my hand in starting two guys on the same team. (because Blue is facing the Pats, and well, no.)

I don't view the Cobb loss, because (in all honesty) I would not have picked him there. He is talent, and it's a great pick - I just would not have gone Cobb. So to me, that was just a random pick that you invested in. I'm not even sure what you picked with the 2nd rounder from this past draft.

I view my downfall being on not credibly finding a back-up reliable enough to step in when Peyton went down. Not pulling the gun on Mariota OR Winston in the later rounds, and focusing on defense because it was all new and exciting to me. I still believe I've done well in building my offense back up. I went from having pure shit at WR, to now being loaded with quite a few options.

My RB situation looks ugly though unless injuries continue to take out each of those teams original starting RB's. lol

I don't blame mine on trading. I viewed Murray as a younger guy, who had better potential than Charles. Both were injury prone, but Murray was (at time) behind a stud OL that is currently allowing Run DMC to be reborn. ..... Meanwhile, Chip Kelly is single handily fucking me by giving 3rd stringers more carries than Murray, and forcing my hand in starting two guys on the same team. (because Blue is facing the Pats, and well, no.)

I don't view the Cobb loss, because (in all honesty) I would not have picked him there. He is talent, and it's a great pick - I just would not have gone Cobb. So to me, that was just a random pick that you invested in. I'm not even sure what you picked with the 2nd rounder from this past draft.

I view my downfall being on not credibly finding a back-up reliable enough to step in when Peyton went down. Not pulling the gun on Mariota OR Winston in the later rounds, and focusing on defense because it was all new and exciting to me. I still believe I've done well in building my offense back up. I went from having pure shit at WR, to now being loaded with quite a few options.

My RB situation looks ugly though unless injuries continue to take out each of those teams original starting RB's. lol

Uhhhh not to be that guy, but Mariota and Winston were 1st and 2nd round picks in the most recent draft. I snagged Winston with the last pick in the 1st, and Firecloud got Mariota in the 2nd. So there was no late round drafting for those two, we paid a premium for them.

Also the whole Cobb thing was I wanted Jordy Nelson originally if you recall, and then he was taken right before the pick came up and I ended up making a super last second decision on Cobb. That's why I like the draft style we initiated this year, trades can go through and decisions can be made with good time instead of rushing to get the pick in. I'm not saying I would have done things differently, but there's always the chance I would have gone a different direction.

WOW

some huge upsets brewing in the first round of the playoffs, not to mention one of our expansion teams appears poised to be a serious championship contender

Not that I had high hopes for my team, but LOL at the dumpster fire that is my offensive line-up.

Rawls was projected to be my best guy, and he's done for the season. Much like it appears my team is. I (at last minute, because I'm stupid) pulled Ware for Royal - and didn't even bother thinking of playing Watson; and paid for it all.

Not that it matters, but I pulled Ware because he didn't get a lot of touches last week - West is healthy - and starting two backs from the same team just shows how pathetic I am at that position, at least in match-up terms.

Overall I don't even care what happens going forward. I'll just be glad to not have to deal with getting frustrated over a damned line-up for this team again this year.

Good (assumed) win, Nick.

It appears I am done. I would need huge efforts from Reshad Jones and JPP just to catch up. So congrats Nate on the victory ahead of time here.

Losing Charles hurt me really bad. Cobb falling to earth didn't help either. I also could not set a god damn defensive lineup to save my ass. Every week I chose the wrong players and left a tremendous amount of points on the bench.

So here's hoping some of my young players coalesce and become assets next season. I'll get Charles back, and with Nelson back in the fold Cobb should be able to get back to his former self as well. Hopefully Palmer continues playing like he has been this year, while Winston and Teddy take the next step. I have a ton of quality depth that I can't keep, so I'll be looking to move those for picks or packaging them up for something bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back