Fantasy Football - Age Of Empires dynasty league

hell, I'd go one further and say that Ty got borderline-swindled. I fail to see why everyone assumes Adrian Peterson will be incredible. He's 30, and he missed for all intents and purposes all of 2014. Running back production starts to die off at 30. And considering Petersons workload (over-worked for his whole career) and missing an entire year, I don't see him being worth it. long term at all, and short term isn't guaranteed.

Even if Peterson has a good year this year, it can't be expected for many years to come, and he would have mortgaged his future for a good season or 2 at a position he is already stacked at.

I'm not looking at it for the long term. I'm in super win now mode with the roster I have built up. If I win 2 or 3 championships with my roster, and then everything has to blow up, then so be it. I don't see that happening however as a majority of my major pieces are still young as hell. I traded two essentially unknown backs, 3 extra picks I had, and a LB that was sitting at 4th on my LB depth chart for a known quantity in Adrian Peterson, who is physically not the same species as the rest of us. If I get two or three years of good production out of him, then that is all I want and need from this trade.

Having a plethora of RB's that aren't going to crack my starting lineup but are valuable assets does nothing for me other than using them as trade bait. Clay is not going to contend this year, and so I sent him those valuable assets that could allow him to turn his team around. I had acquired 2 extra 1st round picks along with an extra second. They are worth far more to a team that is not going to contend then someone that is on top already, and a player that is a known quantity is more valuable to me at this juncture.

That's the risk he was willing to take. Can't say I blame him, as I personally feel Peterson has at least three 1200 yard seasons left, while the guys he traded have proven nothing....

Now, depending on what Clay does with the draft picks and how Coleman and Randle pan out? This trade could look very different in about 8 weeks.
The 3 picks were what I was talking about. I mean the runners are a crapshoot as compared to the former best in the league in AD, but the 2 1's and a 2 the real steal of the trade. 5 picks in the first 2 rounds means he can do practically re-tool his entire team if he needs to. Get a bunch of guys to potentially be starters and keepers. Or trade them for another superstar. It's dangerous.

The 3 picks were what I was talking about. I mean the runners are a crapshoot as compared to the former best in the league in AD, but the 2 1's and a 2 the real steal of the trade. 5 picks in the first 2 rounds means he can do practically re-tool his entire team if he needs to. Get a bunch of guys to potentially be starters and keepers. Or trade them for another superstar. It's dangerous.

As with the real NFL, the trick now is to do something actually worthwhile with those picks.

Far from a garuntee :lmao:

Having a plethora of RB's that aren't going to crack my starting lineup but are valuable assets does nothing for me other than using them as trade bait. Clay is not going to contend this year, and so I sent him those valuable assets that could allow him to turn his team around. I had acquired 2 extra 1st round picks along with an extra second. They are worth far more to a team that is not going to contend then someone that is on top already, and a player that is a known quantity is more valuable to me at this juncture.

What would be your asking price on said RB's you already had before this trade? Not sure I have any certain target in mind but I just know I could use another RB who's not like third string.

What would be your asking price on said RB's you already had before this trade? Not sure I have any certain target in mind but I just know I could use another RB who's not like third string.

Well let's see.

An epic ton:
Jamaal Charles
Adrian Peterson
Jeremy Hill

Rashad Jennings - Unsure
Jay Ajayi - Wouldn't help you much this year.
Bilal Powell - Waiver wire Fodder
Jonathan Grimes - Waiver Wire Fodder

Really at this point I don't think I'd give up any of my other backs not named Charles, Peterson, or Hill as I do still need some depth and bye week replacement.

Ajayi or Hill perk my interest the most honestly. Both are young and would be able to help me succeed for years to come.

Thriller,

YOU HAVE 14 RUNNING BACKS ON YOUR ROSTER HOLY SHIT.

I'm not mad at it, I'm just saying.

So I'm bumping because the season is about to commence. And it's been a week and we don't want the league page to go to Page 2.

I got 2 TEs on the block. Tyler Eifert and Kyle Rudolph. Anyone wanting a Top 10 TE (Rudolph) or a Top 15 TE with Tremendous Upside Potential (Eifert) I'm willing to listen. I'd like to get a DL or LB.

Also, who is Firecloud, someone need to get him to update his team. IR guys not on IR, and he's got a trade proposal waiting for a long time.

So I'm bumping because the season is about to commence. And it's been a week and we don't want the league page to go to Page 2.

I got 2 TEs on the block. Tyler Eifert and Kyle Rudolph. Anyone wanting a Top 10 TE (Rudolph) or a Top 15 TE with Tremendous Upside Potential (Eifert) I'm willing to listen. I'd like to get a DL or LB.

Also, who is Firecloud, someone need to get him to update his team. IR guys not on IR, and he's got a trade proposal waiting for a long time.

Firecloud is my friend. Currently he's on the road with his band at the moment playing a mini tour before playing at a four day metal festival in Illinois. I'll see if I can get a hold of him, but I can't guarantee anything right now.

I understand you shooting down my trade offer as it was kind of just an opening offer to try and begin some trade talk with you, but I do think you overvalue Ameer Abdullah a little bit sir. When he's starting the season as the kick returner and not even the #1 backup to Bell asking for a first round pick for him is a bit much.

I understand you shooting down my trade offer as it was kind of just an opening offer to try and begin some trade talk with you, but I do think you overvalue Ameer Abdullah a little bit sir. When he's starting the season as the kick returner and not even the #1 backup to Bell asking for a first round pick for him is a bit much.

Disagree on that. Abdullah is very much worth a first round pick as he is the future feature back for Detroit. It's an investment long term that can't be quantified on what he'll do week 1 as a rookie. Bell is older, and not as physically talented as Abdullah.

In a standard fantasy league, I would agree Abdullah is being overvalued as of right now in redraft leagues, but in a dynasty league Abdullah has major upside that could pay off dividends, especially if he pushes Bell for touches at some point this year. If he does well enough and Bell falters, he could be the go to back towards the end of the year and on. See: Jeremy Hill.

Disagree on that. Abdullah is very much worth a first round pick as he is the future feature back for Detroit. It's an investment long term that can't be quantified on what he'll do week 1 as a rookie. Bell is older, and not as physically talented as Abdullah.

In a standard fantasy league, I would agree Abdullah is being overvalued as of right now in redraft leagues, but in a dynasty league Abdullah has major upside that could pay off dividends, especially if he pushes Bell for touches at some point this year. If he does well enough and Bell falters, he could be the go to back towards the end of the year and on. See: Jeremy Hill.

I fully agree he has the potential to do just that. That's why I'm interested in trading for him. However a first round pick for someone who may not be much help for at least a year is a big risk.

Hey Pittsburgh, don't know if you know this or not, but there's a guy on New England's offense named Rob Gronkowski and he's kind of good. Soooooo, it might be a good idea to idk TRY and defend him. How in the hell do you strip the ball and allow the only Patriots guy in the vicinity to recover it and when the refs take the TD away, he still gets it. Why is the Steelers' defense looking like the Falcons'?

Hey Pittsburgh, don't know if you know this or not, but there's a guy on New England's offense named Rob Gronkowski and he's kind of good. Soooooo, it might be a good idea to idk TRY and defend him. How in the hell do you strip the ball and allow the only Patriots guy in the vicinity to recover it and when the refs take the TD away, he still gets it. Why is the Steelers' defense looking like the Falcons'?

Don't let the secret out now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back