Fantasy Football - Age Of Empires dynasty league

As far as any serious league I've been in has gone, with trades, we have a trade committee. Usually about five of the most experienced people in the league, with an alternate or two being used whenever trades involve those same people which they usually do. 3 votes is all it takes for it to get vetoed or passed through. Usually if it's two experienced people making the deal, unless it's super gross, it goes through. If it's an experienced person trading a noob, and the experienced person is even ripping them off in the slightest, it's probably getting vetoed.

The thing with that though is we all know each other. The drafts are live and in person, and there's a $50 buy in each season so it's taken pretty seriously. That's $500 that goes to the winner.

With this league, it's free. It's for complete fun, and on top of that most of us our only source of contact is through here or the website, while in my league we can just text guys or email them to get votes and fast responses. It would take a week to get a trade passed if we did that in this league.

So while I agree that Norcal totally ripped that guy off, it really doesn't matter because it's free and for fun. It wasn't extremely gross, it was just moderately gross. I've been in another money league where it's pretty much no holds barred. If you accept the trade that's it, it's through. I'm completely fine if that's how we want to do it in this league.

I'm going to for the most part try and give a fair offer to people, and guys keep in mind it's always good to get a second opinion. If anyone isn't positively sure they want to make a deal, you can feel free to shoot me a PM on here or something and I'll tell you what I think. But it would just be my personal opinion anyway.

As far as any serious league I've been in has gone, with trades, we have a trade committee. Usually about five of the most experienced people in the league, with an alternate or two being used whenever trades involve those same people which they usually do. 3 votes is all it takes for it to get vetoed or passed through. Usually if it's two experienced people making the deal, unless it's super gross, it goes through. If it's an experienced person trading a noob, and the experienced person is even ripping them off in the slightest, it's probably getting vetoed.

The thing with that though is we all know each other. The drafts are live and in person, and there's a $50 buy in each season so it's taken pretty seriously. That's $500 that goes to the winner.

With this league, it's free. It's for complete fun, and on top of that most of us our only source of contact is through here or the website, while in my league we can just text guys or email them to get votes and fast responses. It would take a week to get a trade passed if we did that in this league.

So while I agree that Norcal totally ripped that guy off, it really doesn't matter because it's free and for fun. It wasn't extremely gross, it was just moderately gross. I've been in another money league where it's pretty much no holds barred. If you accept the trade that's it, it's through. I'm completely fine if that's how we want to do it in this league.

I'm going to for the most part try and give a fair offer to people, and guys keep in mind it's always good to get a second opinion. If anyone isn't positively sure they want to make a deal, you can feel free to shoot me a PM on here or something and I'll tell you what I think. But it would just be my personal opinion anyway.

Actually Norcal willingly offered Brees to get Tannehill.......so JMT got the better end of the deal, but Norcal feels strongly about Tannehill's future enough to sacrifice Brees now for what he thinks Tannehill will provide for the next few years or more.

I'm going to try and stay pretty committed to this league. There's a few aspects I'm not fond of, but like I said it's different so I like it. The only possible thing that would probably make me have to walk away, and that's something I really don't want to do, is if you guys go through with cutting the RB starting slot down to one and add that extra flex spot instead.

That would be a deal breaker for me, just telling you guys that flat out if you're still considering going through with that. If anything I think we should add another starting RB position. You start 3 RBs, 3 WRs, and one flex. But I can settle for what we have now, just don't get crazy guys and I'm completely fine with whatever you do.

Actually Norcal willingly offered Brees to get Tannehill.......so JMT got the better end of the deal, but Norcal feels strongly about Tannehill's future enough to sacrifice Brees now for what he thinks Tannehill will provide for the next few years or more.

Hey if he likes Tannehill better I won't stop him. I personally would have rather had Kaep instead, JMT has him too. But I still like Brees better than Kaep and Tannehill combined.

I'm going to try and stay pretty committed to this league. There's a few aspects I'm not fond of, but like I said it's different so I like it. The only possible thing that would probably make me have to walk away, and that's something I really don't want to do, is if you guys go through with cutting the RB starting slot down to one and add that extra flex spot instead.

That would be a deal breaker for me, just telling you guys that flat out if you're still considering going through with that. If anything I think we should add another starting RB position. You start 3 RBs, 3 WRs, and one flex. But I can settle for what we have now, just don't get crazy guys and I'm completely fine with whatever you do.

I like having Flex options, but I do like the 3rd RB slot idea.

Also we are working with a system that is super flexible. This site has ridiculous amount of options that I haven't seen in other sites, so we're trying to open the playbook if it were and give it a whole different look than your standard league.

Norcal and I wanted it pretty cut throat for waiver wire and trades. We wanted nothing but veterans who knew what they were doing and let them loose with what they want to do. Win by any means necessary and to stay on top. Both of us were discussing how much we devour fantasy football and we wanted a league that wasn't going to hinder anyone. It's going to be fluid for a bit as we get everything set, we rushed to get this going for this year and so not everything is in stone for the next few years. It's why I put a close to any changes to the system until after the season.

I like having Flex options, but I do like the 3rd RB slot idea.

It keeps it way more balanced. There are way more WRs that can point up points than RBs in the league. So the fact that you could start 4 WRs and only 2 RBs is kinda dumb. Forcing guys to start 3 RBs would balance things out more, and they can still start 4 WRs if they wanted too, or even a second TE.

Yea, it was I who gave brees for tannehill. And iniated the trade. Two trades actually. One to acquire brees, so that I could flip him for tannehill in the second trade.

I wouldn't worry about the flex idea. I'm not above heeding overwelming feedback just because it was my idea.

I thank you, sir.

I'll wait for the next person to come storming up in here over THAT trade

I get the feeling you rejected my trade offer, if so that's fine. I'm open to continuing trade talks if you'd like.

EDIT: I'll say right now I'd like another good RB and an improvement at defense if anybody wants to talk trades.

I get the feeling you rejected my trade offer, if so that's fine. I'm open to continuing trade talks if you'd like.

EDIT: I'll say right now I'd like another good RB and an improvement at defense if anybody wants to talk trades.

I have some RB's that may be available. I need some WR and TE help.

Take a look, and see what you like.

I'm up to look at some trades for WR's. Doug, if you or Rated R wanna look at my list - just send me some ideas. I need WR's and/or TE's.

Hey guys, how many teams make the playoffs? Just wondering.

8 teams, division winners are automatically the top 2 seeds, the rest are based off record regardless of division, matchups are reseeded after every round, so top seed faces the worst seed.

In regards to the wild cards, we do have an option to edit the playoff bracket at the end of the regular season, so we can modify it so the top 4 teams in each division are in the playoffs, though the problem becomes a better team misses out just because of that. The problem also is that the denotations for playoff teams may not be accurate the entire year, as this a manual thing we'd have to do each time.

Also for this year, as much as I HATE Week 17 championship games, we are doing it for this year only so we can have a full 8 game schedule for the regular season. Next year we will move it back to Week 16.

So we want your input, the very best 8 teams in the playoffs, the two division winners and 6 wild cards based on record regardless of division, or a straight up and down 4 teams from each?

I'd much rather see the best 8 teams make it in than top 4 from each division.

With the league being this big, I'm also perfectly fine with 8 teams making the playoffs.

Head to head is one thing I don't have a strong opinion on. You guys can do whatever you want with that, it's just an extra thing to me.

I'm fine with the best records get in situation. I'd suck to be in a tough division, and get screwed with a better record than someone else getting in.

Also, did you guys tinker with the IR settings? I had a guy on IR, now suddenly it says he can no longer be on IR and I have to cut someone - yet all my guys are locked, minus bye week players or PHI/CAR players. I cut a TE, and it's still saying I can't do anything until my guy is off IR.

So what the hell do I do?

I'm fine with the best records get in situation. I'd suck to be in a tough division, and get screwed with a better record than someone else getting in.

Also, did you guys tinker with the IR settings? I had a guy on IR, now suddenly it says he can no longer be on IR and I have to cut someone - yet all my guys are locked, minus bye week players or PHI/CAR players. I cut a TE, and it's still saying I can't do anything until my guy is off IR.

We didn't change anything, let me go look.

Rolando McClain became probable, and the threshold is questionable. I'm going to change it to probable, and I added your TE back to your team as well. You should be ok now.

Rolando McClain became probable, and the threshold is questionable. I'm going to change it to probable, and I added your TE back to your team as well. You should be ok now.

Thanks Ty. I actually didn't want the TE, any way. I wanted another player from FA. I just couldn't do anything because the IR thing changed on me.

I'm not even sure if I can take him off IR, but I'm good to cut a defensive guy (the one I picked up this weekend) for McClain to come back anyways.

Regardless, thank you!

Thanks Ty. I actually didn't want the TE, any way. I wanted another player from FA. I just couldn't do anything because the IR thing changed on me.

I'm not even sure if I can take him off IR, but I'm good to cut a defensive guy (the one I picked up this weekend) for McClain to come back anyways.

Regardless, thank you!

Finally sent you a trade offer.

I rejected it mainly because Vereen catches about as many balls as Roddy White does, this season. Plus, Vereen runs.

I'll go over your roster and try to work something out for you.

Yeah I can understand that. I didn't know if you'd wanna take a risk because not everybody trusts a New England RB to stay productive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back