Elder Scrolls V Thread

He isn't psychopathic, if that's what you're feeling. He doesn't touch innocents.

Nah, not psychotic, he just has a sadistic sense of justice.

She was a witness that needed to be disposed of, an exception.

I let her live, if you talked to her you would have known she had no love for Gerta either.

I figured maybe you killed her because she let Gerta do terrible things to the children, and punished her for being a silent dissenter.

Oh, Astrid? How far have you gotten in the Dark Brotherhood Questline?

Well... I killed her, and then I killed everyone in the Dark Brotherhood. So I completed it.

I killed the giant then he attacked me, he wanted all the glory for his tribe. I killed him in self defence and couldn't retrieve Volendrung for some reason. Can't remember that well.

Weird, sounds like the quest broke.

Battleaxe from the Campanions? I sold that straight after getting the Shield Of Ysgramor. Loved that shield, that was tough to retire. It's hung up on my wall in Windhelm house, Hjerim. Don't like two-handed weapons like Wuuthrad.

Two handed weapons are my shit! I've got an Ebony Battle Axe that absorbs souls for Soul Gems, and a Daedric Warhammer with a fire enchantment. I also have a Daedric bow with a fire enchantment.

I had my first flash of role playing in the game today. There's a mission where you clear a cannibal out of Markarth's Hall of the Dead by telling her you'll help her clear out a cave full of Drugar. She then decides that you're worthy of being initiated into her cult of cannibalism, but you have to bring the priest from the hall of dead for dinner. Literally.

I looked up the quest to see if there are any outs, and apparently anything short of eating the Priest's flesh fails the quest. Well Bronn says to hell with your quests! He will punish the cannibals with Daedric steel!

Oh, yeah:

[YOUTUBE]Bifmj1O3D24[/YOUTUBE]

By which I mean, oooh yeah.

One of my funniest exploits initially was when I first entered Solitude. That fella was about to be executed and I got a bit over-excited and jumped up onto the platform with everybody. Apparently, they thought that was a bit forward of me and proceeded to run me out of town. The resulting quests worked afterwards and from what I assume they went ahead and killed him anyway. Shame..

Also, when going to Riften, and when first speaking to Mjoll The Lioness, I endured her soliloquy for a good five minutes about why the thieves guild were the worst thing to happen to Riften, and that they were evil and bad, and that they smelled and so onand so forth...... until when finally I was approached with the question as to why I was in Riften myself, I promptly replied "I'm here to join the Thieves Guild". You should have seen the colour drain from her cheeks, marvellous it was. Our relationship was never the same since.

Those stories, and putting baskets on people's heads stick out as particularly fun moments in my Skyrim history.

Finally visited Markarth last night but not on purpose. Found myself collecting a bounty in Whiterun so I paid a quick visit to the Bannered Mare as I had not been in it since the Stormcloak takeover - there I ended up in a drinking contest with Sam Guevenne, blacked out and woke up in the Temple of Dibella in Markarth, having made a mess.

Now it seems that I have a reason to finally visit Rorikstead

Барбоса;3914836 said:
Finally visited Markarth last night but not on purpose. Found myself collecting a bounty in Whiterun so I paid a quick visit to the Bannered Mare as I had not been in it since the Stormcloak takeover - there I ended up in a drinking contest with Sam Guevenne, blacked out and woke up in the Temple of Dibella in Markarth, having made a mess.

Same here my friend. I'm glad because I'm not sure I was willing to travel halfway across the map to get there, but it's one of the nicest cities by far. Probably the nicest. By-the-by, there's a man outside a house in Markarth that seeks your help investigating within. Indulge him sooner rather than later.

I say that because my friend started another quest where a riot ensues in Markarth and that particular man got killed in the chaos, ending any chance of doing said quest. It's worth doing.

Барбоса;3914836 said:

That quest yields what is arguably the most useful Daedric artifact in the game, if you're into that sort of thing.

What were you doing to collect a bounty?

That quest yields what is arguably the most useful Daedric artifact in the game, if you're into that sort of thing.

What artifact is that? If it's not Azura's Star, I'm not sure I agree with you.

What artifact is that? If it's not Azura's Star, I'm not sure I agree with you.

Saguine Rose. Summons a Daedra as an ally. Though Azura's Star/Black Star is damn useful too. I use the Black Star, which personally is more useful for me because I never use any magic, but if you're into summoning, it don't get no better than a Daedra.

Saguine Rose. Summons a Daedra as an ally. Though Azura's Star/Black Star is damn useful too. I use the Black Star, which personally is more useful for me because I never use any magic, but if you're into summoning, it don't get no better than a Daedra.

Ahh...I have a high conjuration ability, so that's not nearly as important.

Sanguine Rose is frickin' awesome. As much as I go against usually using spells to bring undead to help, 'cos I'm all for fighting alone, this one is just too good to pass up.

I just started a second playthrough of this game two days ago (I finished the main quests back in Dec.). My first time around, I was a Khajiit assassin. I especially enjoyed the stealth mode of playing, since pretty much every approach upon an enemy is a puzzle to be figured out. I maxed out stealth and pickpocketing, which was pretty sweet. When you max out the pickpocketing skill, you can steal the enemy's weapon from their hands and the armor off their backs, literally, before slitting there throat. Very satisfying.

This time around, I've created the deadliest killing machine in Tamriel, nay, Nirn itself. Surely, none can stand against the irresistable force that is known as Grimlok the Berserker!

I chose an orc this time around and I'm going the berserker route. My main skills are heavy armor, two-handed weapons and enchanting. I haven't gotten much into enchanting yet, but orcs are perfectly suited for heavy armor and two-handed weapons. Plus, the Berserker's Rage racial power is arguably the best of all of the races. I'm currently at level 15, playing at expert level difficulty, and my health hasn't fallen below 50% yet. I usually crush my foes with a mere two swings of my warhammer.

Ingredients....HA!........Alchemy.......HA! Sneaking.......HAAAAA!!! Grimlok cares not for these things.

So that's where I'm currently at. I'll try to start the "Blood on the Ice" quest tonight. I've heard this quest is very buggy, but I managed to trigger the quest on my first playthrough no problem without even knowing what the trigger was. So, what's the trigger? I've heard that you just have to enter Windhelm at night and go to the graveyard, but I've done that and nothing happened. I've only been to Windhelm once so far and I haven't helped or spoken to anyone. I guess I'll just try talking to the townsfolk and hopefully someone will bring up the recent murders as a dialogue topic.

Even on a second playthrough, this game still rocks. I can't wait until the Dawnguard DLC is released this summer. Bethesda is reportedly going to release a lot more info. on it at E3 next month.

I don't use any magic or summoning or anything like that, so the Sanguine Rose is mounted on the wall in my house in Windhelm. But if I was a mage that wanted to avoid getting into close combat, I'd sure definitely be using the Sanguine Rose to get a Daedra on my team.

I don't use any magic or summoning or anything like that, so the Sanguine Rose is mounted on the wall in my house in Windhelm. But if I was a mage that wanted to avoid getting into close combat, I'd sure definitely be using the Sanguine Rose to get a Daedra on my team.

I use very little magic, meaning my Conjuration, Illusion, Restoration & Destruction are all pretty low, but the Sanguine Rose takes it place in my bag.

I use very little magic, meaning my Conjuration, Illusion, Restoration & Destruction are all pretty low, but the Sanguine Rose takes it place in my bag.

I tried to train in destruction for a while, but it didn't really click with my character's style. I occasionally use a healing spell here and there, but that's only when I have the time to heel and I'm light on potions.

And I don't use any magical staffs. I sell them all away, though I mounted the Sanguine Rose on the wall as I didn't think it was a good idea to let it fall into the hands of an enterprising wizard.

I tried to train in destruction for a while, but it didn't really click with my character's style. I occasionally use a healing spell here and there, but that's only when I have the time to heel and I'm light on potions.

And I don't use any magical staffs. I sell them all away, though I mounted the Sanguine Rose on the wall as I didn't think it was a good idea to let it fall into the hands of an enterprising wizard.

I would actually suggest that maybe, just maybe... you keep the Wabbajack. It's so weird & strange with the possiblity of an Insta-Kill that it's very helpful, especially against the harder to kill enemies.

Only really after Daedric artefacts for the Oblivion Walker achievement and because the quests are there to be done.

The bounty actually was for somewhere I had already been; Halted Stream Camp i think.it was - killing bandits. First time round was difficult; second time was a breeze.

I'm doing the Bards college missions, and the first thing you have to do is recover a book (which I already recovered), and help the head of the college rewrite the verses that were smudged out (and by help I mean do all the work for him), which I did. It was such a hit that not only did the Jarl reinstate the previously cancelled Burning of Olaf, a major celebration for Bards, but she decided to generously reward the college!

The head of the college thanked me profusely, so I asked if that makes me a bard now... and he said no.

Motherfucker, in fifteen minutes I accomplished more than you did in your whole life.

Edit: Oh never mind, they make you a bard at the festival that night.

My obsession later in the game became trying to have as many rare items as I could find. I had three emperors garbs and many other such things, but one of my most prized possessions was an Iron Mace that had the unique aspect of doing extra damage in moonlight or something along those lines, it looked normal but I believe it was in fact called an Iron Mace of Moonlight or something similar. I found it in a standard bandit underground cave not too far from Whiterun. I never saw anything before it like or since though.

I could never throw a staff away if I found one. In fact, I'll let you in on a secret. If you know where the Thalmar embassy is from doing that main story quest, facing South from there and travelling along that path, you'll see a sort of shady high angle path that goes off to the left not far along it. If you follow that up (it requires a bit of jumping), you'll get to an area with two sabre cats and a cave which contains an argonian, an elk, and a unique skill book, which also regenerates when you go back again. If you continue going up and around you may be lucky enough to spot a skeleton with many sharp tools sticking in his body. It was there I found several skill books, ebony weapons (because of my level), and a powerful staff with a unique enchantment, although what it was escapes me. If I owned Skyrim and knew how, I'd seriously upload a video showing people that area because it is that cool.

It was also in this area where I managed to do the glitch of continually firing magelight into the pixelated internals of Solitude that I overlooked and get my alteration to 100 in a matter of minutes.

I just used the Storm Call shout for the first time. Bad ass shout, but if you're someone that relies on shouts in battles it kind of cripples you as it takes 10 minutes to recharge.

I really like this game but I get burned out playing nowadays, so now I have play it once a week.

one of my most prized possessions was an Iron Mace that had the unique aspect of doing extra damage in moonlight or something along those lines, it looked normal but I believe it was in fact called an Iron Mace of Moonlight or something similar.

Disenchant it to be able to enchant weapons with the same effect. It's called Silent Moons or something.

I could never throw a staff away if I found one. In fact, I'll let you in on a secret. If you know where the Thalmar embassy is from doing that main story quest, facing South from there and travelling along that path, you'll see a sort of shady high angle path that goes off to the left not far along it. If you follow that up (it requires a bit of jumping), you'll get to an area with two sabre cats and a cave which contains an argonian, an elk, and a unique skill book, which also regenerates when you go back again. If you continue going up and around you may be lucky enough to spot a skeleton with many sharp tools sticking in his body. It was there I found several skill books, ebony weapons (because of my level), and a powerful staff with a unique enchantment, although what it was escapes me. If I owned Skyrim and knew how, I'd seriously upload a video showing people that area because it is that cool.

Duly noted. There's an cliff somewhere in southwest Skyrim in the Falkreath Hold near Twilight Sepulchre or something; I found a neat staff in a circle of candles, but I don't remember what it does. Just wanted to point it out for everyone.

lol I'm a wanted man in that Hold. I kill a dragon attacking the town, accidentally hit a guard and I get a little carried away...

Edit: I don't get a blessing from Talos anymore when I worship him at a shrine. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

FUCKING HORSEBACK COMBAT!

Is that going to be something in the expansion? Or are you just speculating?

I really like this game but I get burned out playing nowadays, so now I have play it once a week.

I know that feel dude, but I'm still totally taken by the game. I don't play it as often as I did last week, but I still play it at least a few hours a day.

Edit: I don't get a blessing from Talos anymore when I worship him at a shrine. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I had that problem recently too. It said that the blessing of Talos in my active effects, but it said I was getting 0% bonus in terms of shout recovery. Lame.

Has anyone here done the Thieves Guild quest line? Did you find some of their sneaking quests to be RIDICULOUSLY impossible?

Is that going to be something in the expansion? Or are you just speculating?

No, it's being implemented in the next patch(1.6), which is available from steam in it's beta form right now.

Has anyone here done the Thieves Guild quest line? Did you find some of their sneaking quests to be RIDICULOUSLY impossible?

I played as a Bosmer archer, so everything came really easy after playing around 50 hours or so sneaking around before I got to the Theives guild. The only time I had trouble was during the wedding quest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back