• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elder Scrolls V Thread

No, it's being implemented in the next patch(1.6), which is available from steam in it's beta form right now.

Fucking SWEET! Too bad I'm playing on 360.

I played as a Bosmer archer, so everything came really easy after playing around 50 hours or so sneaking around before I got to the Theives guild. The only time I had trouble was during the wedding quest.

I'm a Bosmer archer too lulz. But I only started at like, level 13 so my sneak skill isn't exactly great.

No, if I remember correctly, they were pretty easy.

Eh, I did okay with some of the missions, but then there's the one where you have to sneak past all the Falmer, and they saw me in seconds. There's also the one where you sneak through the Wizard's laboratory where there's about a zillion different traps to kill his guards with, but I only got about two of the traps to actually kill them. They always spotted me too quickly otherwise.

Have only just started the Thieves Guild quests myself. Think the last thing I was doing was shaodwing an Argonian into the East Empire Company.

Was just about to enter the warehouse, although I am not entirely sure how.

Барбоса;3923002 said:
Have only just started the Thieves Guild quests myself. Think the last thing I was doing was shaodwing an Argonian into the East Empire Company.

Was just about to enter the warehouse, although I am not entirely sure how.

When it came to entering the Warehouse, you picked the lock. However, I did get taken to Jail because if you fail, you will get a bounty. I've never found a key for it though.

Once you get in there though, shadowing that Bastard is a pain. It just drags.

Got in through picking the lock while crouching so the guards did not bother me.

Sneaking around the warehouse was a bit of a pain but climbing up onto the shelves made it easier. The grotto was a little more troublesome to sneak through, although I suppose I could have swam along the stream.

Did manage to find a place that gave me a good hiding place from the enemies but also provided a good firing position to whittle down the bandits before confronting the Argonian with just one guard left, who was promptly decapitated.

Барбоса;3923087 said:
Got in through picking the lock while crouching so the guards did not bother me.

Sneaking around the warehouse was a bit of a pain but climbing up onto the shelves made it easier. The grotto was a little more troublesome to sneak through, although I suppose I could have swam along the stream.

Did manage to find a place that gave me a good hiding place from the enemies but also provided a good firing position to whittle down the bandits before confronting the Argonian with just one guard left, who was promptly decapitated.

It might be because my sneak skill was still pretty low at the time, but I had NO luck sneaking around the grotto. The warehouse was a bit easier as I picked off one of the guards with my bow, but I still had to deal with the other two at close range.

The story in the Thieves Guild quest line is awesome, it's got everything you need. Fights, romance, betrayal, another hilarious placement of the Lusty Argonian Maid (which I've never actually read, but I imagine it's quite humorous), and some pretty powerful rewards.

I employed my full array of sneaking kit, including a pair of boots that increased my Sneaking by 30%

However, was forced to go on a selling spree after emerging from the grotto as I had built up far too much stuff in my "magic satchel." Got rid of a whole pile of unneeded robes, weapons, jewelry (still got a lot of it left still though) all across the markets of Skyrim.

This was punctuated by an excellent encounter with a Frost Dragon in Solitude. I had fast travelled to Solitude and arrived just outside the Solitude market, Bits and Pieces, when he came, literally, face to face with a dragon in the streets but before I could change my Glass Bow for Wuuthrad, the Guards and even the residents of Solitude had piled in to get themselves a piece of the frosty beast and boy did they make pretty short work of it.

On top of that, I was caught up in a "friendly fire" incident for when I was attempting to get a shot in on the dragon, a Solitude Guard stepped across my line of fire and took an Shock-enchanted critical strike to the back of the head. So all of a sudden I was being treated as as much of an enemy of the soon to be deceased dragon and after seeing how quickly they defeated it, I quickly threw up my hands in surrender.

There is one thing I would like to have added to the game as a patch is a more efficient way of cataloguing the books that you have not just on your person but kept in your houses, rooms etc.

Барбоса;3923151 said:
I employed my full array of sneaking kit, including a pair of boots that increased my Sneaking by 30%

However, was forced to go on a selling spree after emerging from the grotto as I had built up far too much stuff in my "magic satchel." Got rid of a whole pile of unneeded robes, weapons, jewelry (still got a lot of it left still though) all across the markets of Skyrim.

Right now I'm rocking two sets of armor: my elven armor for battles and dragon fights, and the special suit of armor you get during the Thieves Guild quest, which I'll use for mission and such. Luckily they're both fairly light weight, but as the game goes on and you start to collect potions and weapons, it starts to add up.

This was punctuated by an excellent encounter with a Frost Dragon in Solitude. I had fast travelled to Solitude and arrived just outside the Solitude market, Bits and Pieces, when he came, literally, face to face with a dragon in the streets but before I could change my Glass Bow for Wuuthrad, the Guards and even the residents of Solitude had piled in to get themselves a piece of the frosty beast and boy did they make pretty short work of it.

Hilarious, and surprising. Usually the guards of the town are too scattered to do any major damage to a dragon, but I guess you were close to Castle Dour, and perhaps the guards were outside for a training session.

What race is your character? If you're a Nord, a Frost Dragon is almost a welcome sight. All you have to do is not get eaten, and they're pretty easy to defeat.

On top of that, I was caught up in a "friendly fire" incident for when I was attempting to get a shot in on the dragon, a Solitude Guard stepped across my line of fire and took an Shock-enchanted critical strike to the back of the head. So all of a sudden I was being treated as as much of an enemy of the soon to be deceased dragon and after seeing how quickly they defeated it, I quickly threw up my hands in surrender.

Hate when that happens, but surrendering was definitely the smart choice... though I believe killing a guard costs you something like 1000 Septims.

Right now I'm rocking two sets of armor: my elven armor for battles and dragon fights, and the special suit of armor you get during the Thieves Guild quest, which I'll use for mission and such. Luckily they're both fairly light weight, but as the game goes on and you start to collect potions and weapons, it starts to add up.

As I have said to Sly in the past, I am a notorious horder - something which I think I summed up with something along the lines of "What the fuck do I need so many bows for?" Not quite as bad as I used to be but still pretty bad. Got a whole load of potions and expensive jewelery that I will never need/use to sell off too - maybe use it to buy my next house...

I am still on Scaled Armour of Destruction but I think time is about to be called on it as I am not using magic as much as I used to.

Hilarious, and surprising. Usually the guards of the town are too scattered to do any major damage to a dragon, but I guess you were close to Castle Dour, and perhaps the guards were outside for a training session.

What race is your character? If you're a Nord, a Frost Dragon is almost a welcome sight. All you have to do is not get eaten, and they're pretty easy to defeat.

I was surprised at it too. Think you are right about the training session at Dour as there were at least 8 guards there in rapid order and once the dragon landed in the streets, it was a goner even before my Nordic barbarian could launch into him.

Hate when that happens, but surrendering was definitely the smart choice... though I believe killing a guard costs you something like 1000 Septims.

Lucky for me that the guard survived (or was at least not killed by me) then as I had only a 40 Septim fine to pay.

Барбоса;3923178 said:
As I have said to Sly in the past, I am a notorious horder - something which I think I summed up with something along the lines of "What the fuck do I need so many bows for?" Not quite as bad as I used to be but still pretty bad. Got a whole load of potions and expensive jewelery that I will never need/use to sell off too - maybe use it to buy my next house...

I usually try to unload my loot pretty quickly. It helps after you unlock a bunch of fences through the thieves guild, as they'll buy literally anything from you, though the prices aren't ideal.

I am still on Scaled Armour of Destruction but I think time is about to be called on it as I am not using magic as much as I used to.

A magic using barbarian? That's a paradox, yo.

I was surprised at it too. Think you are right about the training session at Dour as there were at least 8 guards there in rapid order and once the dragon landed in the streets, it was a goner even before my Nordic barbarian could launch into him.

Nordic barbarian is what my first character was. I don't know how I'd define this Bosmer character I'm using now. She's a thief, but she also is pretty skilled with a sword and shield, so maybe a Sneaky Soldier.

Lucky for me that the guard survived (or was at least not killed by me) then as I had only a 40 Septim fine to pay.

And to think Dick Cheyney got off Scot-free when he shot that dude in the face.

Барбоса;3923087 said:

Make sure you be picking up all the Thieves guild exclusive treasures as you do the quest. I think you can sell all of the items you find to Mercer Fray or Brynjolf and then legitimately take them all back again from the shelves behind Mercer's desk in the guild without getting in trouble.

From one Skyrim horder to another, they's is things that you want.

I started again the other day playing on master. I like staying away from anything that can use magic and bosses. Not having high sneak (all my previous play through's i would always sneak on hadvar at the start to get 100 sneak). Not doing max damage with a sneak attack is kind of weird as i actually have fight things.

Trailer out for Dawnguard.

Thank you for this truly blessed news Mr. ..

You might appreciate this SOM: I'm doing a second playthrough and I decided to side with the Imperials. While the game play is virtually exactly the same, I found the Imperials to be a bit more sympathetic than the Stormcloaks. For one thing, they're not blithering racists and nationalists, and they also seem to have deep respect for each individual soldier, something that the Stormcloaks don't. I also find Legate Rikke more likable than just about anyone you meet on the Stormcloak side, as she embraces her Imperial citizenship while still holding her Nordic beliefs and customs close to her. General Tullius is kind of an asshole though.

As for the Dawnguard trailer... can't tell if enemies are Vampires or Daedra... or possibly a combination of the two. Either way, it looks pretty kickass. Not that pumped about Crossbows, but we'll see how they work. I am amped up about mounted combat though, and some of the new monsters look fucking crazy cool.

Well, after 100 hours (Yes 100, I had too much College to ever get here), I finally gave in and visited Falkreath for the sake of it. However, I discovered the coolest involving Barbas. I won't give it away, in case you don't know who Barbas, is.

However, I recommend that you go to Falkreath, have you not been there yet and when the Guard at one of the two entrances asks if you've seen a Dog & to go and see Lod the Blacksmith, you do it. It's a great quest, with a nice choice of rewards at the end.

Well, after 100 hours (Yes 100, I had too much College to ever get here), I finally gave in and visited Falkreath for the sake of it. However, I discovered the coolest involving Barbas. I won't give it away, in case you don't know who Barbas, is.

However, I recommend that you go to Falkreath, have you not been there yet and when the Guard at one of the two entrances asks if you've seen a Dog & to go and see Lod the Blacksmith, you do it. It's a great quest, with a nice choice of rewards at the end.

Been there; done that; got the Masque

Барбоса;3930934 said:
Been there; done that; got the Masque

I have the Masque too. Only because I couldn't bring myself to the killing. My brother however, has the Axe. It's not all that great.

Барбоса;3930950 said:
Barbas was a good companion but he was also a complete pain in the arse at times too.

I will admit that his dog noises could get obnoxious. He also wasn't very good at sneaking.

What's the name of the indestructible war dog you can get?

Барбоса;3930950 said:
Barbas was a good companion but he was also a complete pain in the arse at times too.

The voice was very "Gangsta", which sorta creeped me out in Skyrim, but then again, Clavicus Vile's voice was just awesome.

What's the name of the indestructible war dog you can get?

Holy shit, there's one of those?

Thank you for this truly blessed news Mr. ..

You might appreciate this SOM: I'm doing a second playthrough and I decided to side with the Imperials. While the game play is virtually exactly the same, I found the Imperials to be a bit more sympathetic than the Stormcloaks. For one thing, they're not blithering racists and nationalists, and they also seem to have deep respect for each individual soldier, something that the Stormcloaks don't. I also find Legate Rikke more likable than just about anyone you meet on the Stormcloak side, as she embraces her Imperial citizenship while still holding her Nordic beliefs and customs close to her. General Tullius is kind of an asshole though.

Thats generally what drove me to side with them. Good to know that you've chosen the right side.

As for the Dawnguard trailer... can't tell if enemies are Vampires or Daedra... or possibly a combination of the two. Either way, it looks pretty kickass. Not that pumped about Crossbows, but we'll see how they work. I am amped up about mounted combat though, and some of the new monsters look fucking crazy cool.

It's vampires. The devs got a free week a while ago to do whatever they wanted to do with the game and one guy spent the whole week increasing vampirism. The bad guys are the vampires who are trying to use the Elder Scroll as a source to destroy the sun and reign supreme. They are opposed by the Dawnguard.

The monster thing you saw was an Overlord. There's also tonnes of other features detailed at this link:
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1405678/skyrim_dlc_dawnguard_trailer_20_secrets_you_missed.html

I'm still feeling like there was a portal to Oblivion in one of those clips. I think one of the Daedric Princes is the Prince of Vampirism, so maybe he is in cahoots with the Vampire Lord. I wouldn't hate adding a few more Daedric Hearts to my collection...

Portal to Oblivion? I like. The Oblivion references in Skyrim just make me wanna go back there. I want a game where you can go everywhere. It'll be fucking massive, but who cares?

My two-handed is ALMOST 100, it just doesn't seem to want to go past 96.

Portal to Oblivion? I like. The Oblivion references in Skyrim just make me wanna go back there. I want a game where you can go everywhere. It'll be fucking massive, but who cares?

My two-handed is ALMOST 100, it just doesn't seem to want to go past 96.

That was the second skill I got to 100. I just kept chugging away with my two handed weapons, as they're pretty much all I used with my barbarian except for when I was picking people off with the bow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back