Dykstra getting Buried?

Goldbergfan23

Occasional Pre-Show
Could someone please explain to me why Kenny Dykstra is getting buried by Triple H for 2 straight weeks now? from what ive seen of him, i think he definitely has main event potential, so why have him come out this week and get destroyed by triple h in about 2 seconds? as if Triple h needed any more proof that hes the best around. i dont understand the booking for dykstra right now, and i think its a huge mistake

I am surprised Kenny is still employed with the WWE. the guy is useless, fair enough he was the best out of the spirit squad but thats it he was the best out of five crap talentless wrestlers.

you think that Kenny has the ME status? no buddy, guys like hardy, kennedy ect is ME status. Kenny would be best as a lower Mid carder, nothing else. the only way he will ever se ME status is if he went to ECW.

It dont affect anybody if he gets squashed. I still think he should be fired. or given a complete reboot and teamed up with somebody. this is nowhere near as bad as Kendrick and londen getting killed by him last year.

How can you bury someone who's career has been 6 feet under longer than the Undertaker? Dykstra hasn't meant a thing in WWE in over two years now. Like Sparky said, why is he still even employed? I'd forgotten he existed until his first loss to HHH. He has a good leg drop, and he's dating/married to Mickie James. Other than that, he brings nothing that a dozen other guys do. Dykstra won't be in the main event anytime soon, nor should he be.

Dykstra getting buried? Well I don't see why he shouldn't. Since he disbanded with The Spirit Squad, he's done nothing amazing, nothing that sets him apart or gets himself out there and writers only bring him out to the ring to complain how he has talent but no one realizes him. You know what? I think Dykstra should just be a budget cut if WWE don't know how to utilize him or otherwise they're wasting money out of other employee's pockets. It's ridiculous, really.

Perhaps they should pull a stunt from the Royal Rumble 2002 when Maven eliminated a top notch star in The Undertaker. Maybe that will get him out there or put him with La Familia. He could accompany Ryder and Hawkins, do something with him besides script Triple H to just Pedigree him or anyone else to just walk him dry like a welcoming door mat.

Futhermore, maybe Dykstra should await his contract expiration and then give TNA a try. Maybe TNA could do something with Dykstra, never know. He sure does seem to have something to offer but it's up to his talent and to the writers if they give him the chance to make it come shining through the cracks.

Why's everybody so down on Dykstra? I think he's a pretty talented guy. Plus, more importantly, he's really young. They could slowly build him up over the years. Why not give him a tag team partner to help out the division? After a while, if he improves, put him in a solid midcard spot. So on and so forth.

Dykstra was the young and talented guy that could have had the build up 18 months ago. He was the last guy left from the SS and he had the tools left in him to make a decent mid carder. Then he just disappeared for forever. He didn't have anything that big going for him back then, so why should it really matter that he's back now? Yes he could be something good, but so could a lot of young guys. Dykstra has nothing special about him, at least not in my eyes.

Kenny Dykstra has very basic talent. nothing special he just doesn't have it. He will probably be gone on the next budget cut. Elijah Burke, Shelton Benjamin, Evan Bourne, Ricky Ortiz. These guys are all young and talented as well. Also FCW has a huge roster of talented young guys as well. Handsome Heath Miller, Colt Cabana, Shawn Spears, Primo Colon. this ECW talent initiative is great. Kenny belongs in 2 places. TNA or ECW.

Dykstra is a good wrestler, except the WWE aren't really given him a chance to show his potential. I'd say the WWE has started to put him on to see how the crowd reacts to him. If they don't react at all, he will be the next to be cut. If the crowd reacts and actually acts against him, then he might actually not get cut.

Kenny Dykstra, in my opinion, is a really talented guy. He's like Smackdown's Randy Orton...well, sort of. He has the potential to be a worthy contender for a title...perhaps the U.S. title or maybe have a shot with a partner at the WWE Tag Team titles. But the creative crew just has nothing to do with him which is pretty sad. Kenny could do all sorts of stuff. He's still young. Maybe if he starts getting a push in the coming weeks, we could start seeing him contending for titles.

I agree with Sparky. Kenny Dykstra would best fit on ECW. That brand is stuggling for talent, and I don't expect Dykstra to get far on Smackdown as the brand already has loads of mid-carders and upper mid-carders who are ready for a push. So far since he has returned, he has done nothing but being Triple H's bitch. But 2 weeks doesn't solidify his position as a jobber who is being buried. I didn't like him much when he was part of the Spirit Squad as I hated every single one of those clowns. But when they broke up and he broke out on his own, it was then that I noticed his talent.

I remember his feud that he had with Ric Flair. I liked that feud and he even got a clean win over Flair. I think Flair brought out the best in Kenny. I like Kenny Dykstra as I think he has loads of potential and can be a decent mid-carder in the near future. He has the in-ring ability and the mic skills to be a star, but he just isn't over with the fans. He hasn't been on t.v for over a whole year prior to his return 2 weeks ago. This hurt him in my opinion because dare I say, some fans might have actually forgotten who he is.

He just doesn't stand out at the moment with others like Jeff Hardy, Shelton Benjamin, MVP, Mr Kennedy and many more who are overshadowing him right now. On ECW, his talents will be more recognized and better used to his benefit. Over there he can feud with Finlay, Evan Bourne and possibly even Matt Hardy. He would have fitted great on Smackdown last year before the 2008 draft, but not now. The guy certainly has talent and doesn't deserve to be buried. Hopefully he doesn't come near Triple H anymore and just focuses on wrestling superstars who are on his level.

I'm laughing over the amount of people who consider Kenny to be getting buried right now. The guy has been OFF Television for the passed year practically. I consider him getting television time, much less against the Champion (even in a losing effort) to be getting explosure, not buried.

If he was being buried, he'd be dropping matches to unknown's and never-was type's of guys. Not being the comic relief (again) to someone like Triple H. Dykstra right now, is actually showing signs of being honestly pushed.. in a bad way, but he's still getting the air-time others aren't.. so that's not really saying he's being buried.

Carlito, now HE'S getting buried. Dykstra is getting television time.

I don't really see it as him getting "buried" when he hasn't been on tv in months & hasn't had a win in god knows how long.. The way I looked at it is at least he's getting tv time... Although I think it's a shame that he's not being used. If he was built up the right way he could definitely hold the US title. I've always believed that he could possibly be ME, but as of now it would take a lot of work.

Dykstra would benefit right now, I believe, by maybe getting in a tag team with a more established wrestler and eventually getting more heat, then he can move on to bigger and better things like the US title or maybe he can become ECW champion..

In my opinion, Kenny Dykstra has potential, talent & charisma.. He just needs the chance & a push to show it.

Dykstra is still only 22 years old. Since the Spirit Squad disbanded, he's been Victoria's boytoy and then he got hurt.

The fact that he got some offense in against Triple H a couple of weeks ago and is now interrupting his promos to say he wants to be taken seriously is planting the seeds for a major push. He's getting some face-time on Smackdown against the champion and the #1 guy in the company, which is rebuilding him up as a guy who wants to and can potentially make an impact.

To be 100% honest, I could see the WWE taking this mini feud between HHH and Dykstra to the next level and have him cost HHH the title at Unforgiven during the Championship Scramble. Dykstra's got the look, the ability, and the charisma to take it to the next level. I think the WWE is finally testing the waters with him.

Dykstra has some talent in there, but he's not as good as he's cracked up to be. Putting him in the Spirit Squad was an incredibly bad way to start off a WWE career, as I don't know anyone who actually liked the Spirit Squad. It's gonna take some extraordinairy work from WWE's side to banish the memories of that gimmick. And they sure haven't made any effort yet.

Dykstra is pretty good at putting over the guys he loses matches to, for some reason. Of course, Triple H doesn't need any more putting over, so I don't really see why he's got to be squashed by Hunter again and again. But at least he's back on TV, but he's not exactly making an impact. Like I said, the potential is there, it's just up to WWE and Dykstra himself to apply it, and Kenny might me a good upper-midcarder yet. But ME potential...I don't see any of that.

I like Dykstra, and think he does have some potential. He just needs a good storyline and some progression in both his character and his in-ring skills and he could be a solid maineventer. With that being said I really dont think HHH can burry someone who was already burried to begin with. Before his injury he was jobbing and being squashed by the likes of Chuck Palambo, so being squashed by the WWE champion is a step up. I mean he could be losing to Funaki? Maybe this little "feud" or whatever it is will get Kenny noticed and he can start moving up the ranks. Either that or he will be released in the next few weeks. Not that big of a los, since the guy has potential but nothing that "great".

It's either sink or swim for Mr. Dykstra. We have Brian Kendrick and Shelton Benjamin in the championship scramble at Unforgiven. So whos to say it wouldn't be too far off to have Kenny feud with Triple H after he drops the belt.

Here is a scenario: Triple H keeps making fun of Kenny leading up to Unforgiven. Remember when Kenny wanted to prove himself to Rated RKO? Well here is Kenny's chance to prove himself to the Game. Kenny comes out at Unforgiven and shows triple H he's not a joke by costing him the match. lets say Jeff gets an early fall over MVP,Shelton,Kendrick. One of the three. Triple H comes in last and only has 5 minutes to get his title back or Jeff is the new Champ. Triple H hits the Pedigree with about 10 seconds left on kendrick. 1...2...Kenny pulls Triple H off the cover. TIMES UP! New Champion Jeff Hardy! Triple H wants a rematch against Jeff at No Mercy but first he takes care of Kenny on Smackdown. Destroys him with a sledgehammer. Now noone can stop triple h right?? Wrong. Kenny causes a DQ at No Mercy and Jeff retains again. At Cyber Sunday the fans choose a Street Fight between Kenny and Triple H. Jeff is feuding with a returning Edge at this point so who could interfere on Dykstras behalf? The Big Show. You see people were overlooking Kenny before. Well Show knows what its like to get overlooked. Vickie overlooked him for the championship scramble. Big Show makes a statement and Chokeslams Triple H through the announce table. Kenny wins and gets a huge push. Triple H then feuds with Big Show and Kenny goes onto the US title. WOW I got carried away. If he drops the ball though he will be another statistic. A budget cut.

^^ yea you did a little
really I'm just posting in here so I can get my 50th post, ya wooo... meh. Anyway, never been a big fan of Dykstra, I find him bland and boring. I don't however think he's getting buried jobbing to HHH. No exsposure to some exsposure ain't a badthing. This fued needs to be taken a little more serious, I agree. Perhaps him interfering in some way against HHH at the scramble and costing him the title or not. Either way it can't end with HHH just beating the shit out of him all the time, he'll never go over. Dykstra is a young talent and is improving. The WWE should start pushing him at some point and give him a chance to impress and rise up the ranks. I'd hate to see him go out like another really young talent. Oh Dupree, why'd you let them make you walk out with a poodle, sniff, why? lol

they gave him somewhat of a chance on ecw & smackdown.send him down to fcw to really make sure he's ready for a solo push.but right now all he ever did was win the wttc with spirit squad & feud with ric flair.maybe if hez lucky he'll be around longer than nicky LOL who apparnetly is working dark matches.i dont think kenny got that many.i guess there grooming him to be smackdowns charlie haas(or should i say charlito?lmao).he's not getting a push.id rather he go to raw & from a team with charlie haas or even lance cade.that would really help him out.

I'm laughing over the amount of people who consider Kenny to be getting buried right now. The guy has been OFF Television for the passed year practically. I consider him getting television time, much less against the Champion (even in a losing effort) to be getting explosure, not buried.

If he was being buried, he'd be dropping matches to unknown's and never-was type's of guys. Not being the comic relief (again) to someone like Triple H. Dykstra right now, is actually showing signs of being honestly pushed.. in a bad way, but he's still getting the air-time others aren't.. so that's not really saying he's being buried.

Carlito, now HE'S getting buried. Dykstra is getting television time.

Pretty much what I was going to say.

At this point in Kenny's career, coming off a long hiatus from injury only to be scoffed at by the most credible guy in the WWE is probably the best thing to have ever happened to him.

And he seems to have gotten a decent amout of jeering from the crowd.

Could someone please explain to me why Kenny Dykstra is getting buried by Triple H for 2 straight weeks now? why have him come out this week and get destroyed by triple h in about 2 seconds? as if Triple h needed any more proof that hes the best around. i dont understand the booking for dykstra right now, and i think its a huge mistake
The WWE just released about a dozen jobbers. So I figured it was only a matter of time before Kenny got the call. I don’t like it anymore than you, but someone has to do the job. Still like Will and others have said, Dykstra isn’t being buried. He’s been off TV since December. Now he’s getting TV time again. And losing to the WWE champion in a minute is better than being off of TV indefinitely (a la Elijah Burke, Chuck Palumbo, Carlito) or being “future endeavored.”

While it’s nice to see him back, I had hoped for a face Kenny Dykstra as SD! greatly needs faces at the moment. I just don’t see much opportunity for him to stand out as a heel on SD! what with the likes of Edge, MVP, Khali, Umaga, Shelton Benjamin, Kozlov, The Brian Kendrick, Ezekiel Jackson, Curt Hawkins, Zach Ryder, etc.

NoFate, I really hope the WWE takes your suggestion of putting Dykstra in a tag team. I don’t like seeing him used as the SD! jobber to the stars and SD! is really hurting for teams right now. I’m just not sure who there is to pair him with.

Kenny Dykstra, in my opinion, is a really talented guy. He's like Smackdown's Randy Orton...
I’m not sure why but when I look at Dykstra, I think he could be the next Randy Orton in 2-3 years. I can’t believe how young he is (only 22). He has a nice look. At 6’4 he’s the same height as Orton, and at 234 lbs. he’s like a leaner version (Orton’s 245 lbs.). Kenny has shown good mic skills. He’s decent in-ring and charisma-wise, but those are the two areas he needs to develop. I hope WWE will recognize and utilize his potential in the near future.

This feud needs to be taken a little more serious, I agree. Perhaps him interfering in some way against HHH at the scramble and costing him the title or not. Either way it can't end with HHH just beating the shit out of him all the time, he'll never go over.
One squash match and one pedigree to close a promo segment don’t equal a feud. Dykstra feuding with HHH? That’s hilarious. Maybe in two years time if they build him up properly that could happen. It’ll be a surprise if Trips puts over Hardy or MVP, who are arguably ready to main event, in the Scramble. Right now, the best thing for Dykstra is to stay as far away as possible from Trips or he will be buried.

I don't see why everyone is hating on Dykstra. He's only 22, good looking, and talented on the mic and in the ring. He's basically like Randy Orton. All he lacks is a good character/gimmick.

In my opinion, he isn't really getting buried. Yeah, he has been squashed twice by Triple H. However, he just returned from a year long hiatus and he was already thrown into a match with the WWE Champion. Then he got right in Triple H's face the next week. That shows that WWE has big plans for him in the future. Maybe not right now, but in 2-3 years Dykstra could be the next big thing. Even Bret Hart has said he has a lot of potential.

With the rumored Undertaker vs Scramble winner match at Unforgiven, I wouldn't be surprised if Dykstra is the one that costs Triple H the Scramble match (I doubt WWE would have Undertaker vs Triple H at a crappy PPV).

With the rumored Undertaker vs Scramble winner match at Unforgiven, I wouldn't be surprised if Dykstra is the one that costs Triple H the Scramble match (I doubt WWE would have Undertaker vs Triple H at a crappy PPV).

Well we all thought they should wait to do Cena/Batista and they went ahead and did it anyway so.... anyway i personally am doubtful that that Taker match will happen anyway. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

As for Kenny, i'm sure he could do well and am pretty shocked that he's still around. Not to say he's terrible or anything, but seriously where's he been lately? I think the fact that he's back on TV is a good sign for him, but again we'll have to wait and see. Just because he's had his ass beat by HHH doesn't mean he's getting buried. You can't expect to go from lower mid card nobody to ME tier in a snap.

If anything, he was buried after the Royal Rumble last year and has had his stupid 'relationship' with Victoria and then...... nothing. Suddenly he's in the ring with the champ. So no, he's emerging again not being buried imo. Any exposure is better than no exposure

Are you guys seriously serious with this bullshit. Dykstra is what, 22 or 23. He's fucking young as hell and he doesn't need to be pushed to the moon at this point. The whole problem is, the WWE brought all of those Spirit Squad guys in way, way too early. No one, and I repeat, no one, should be called up to the WWE before there 21st birthday, let alone their 20th birthday. Hell, I honestly think no one should be on the main roster until they are 25.

You bring young guys like this, their careers could be over within 4 years, and then they have nothing left to do with the rest of their lives. Jesus, Dysktra is 23, he potentially has more then two decades of wrestling left, and we're seriously arguing on him being buried?

He should be getting buried. He should be the curtain jerker that gets no ring music and is the guy that people squash. He's 23, hasn't paid his dues, and is far too young for a serious push.

Are you guys seriously serious with this bullshit. Dykstra is what, 22 or 23. He's fucking young as hell and he doesn't need to be pushed to the moon at this point. The whole problem is, the WWE brought all of those Spirit Squad guys in way, way too early. No one, and I repeat, no one, should be called up to the WWE before there 21st birthday, let alone their 20th birthday. Hell, I honestly think no one should be on the main roster until they are 25.

You bring young guys like this, their careers could be over within 4 years, and then they have nothing left to do with the rest of their lives. Jesus, Dysktra is 23, he potentially has more then two decades of wrestling left, and we're seriously arguing on him being buried?

He should be getting buried. He should be the curtain jerker that gets no ring music and is the guy that people squash. He's 23, hasn't paid his dues, and is far too young for a serious push.

For the most part, i totally agree with you Shocky, but if they did that, we wouldn't have the Legend Killer would we? Actually, does anyone remember how old Lesnar was when he debuted? And then of course, how old was Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas, and then further still Rhodes and Dibiase?

But otherwise, yeah it does come across as the Spirit Squad were hired because they were stupid enough to say 'yeah we'll be cheerleaders', were given a crash course in wrestling i.e. how to take a bump and how to pull punches and kicks, and sent to the wolves (the fans) who deservedly ate them alive.

What i don't get is how they can involve guys like the Spirit Squad in fueds with guys like HHH and HBK but totally waste guys like Chris Harris and now Colt Cabanna and the other guys they've acquired from ROH. I can't believe that report that creative don't like their work, when they've barely been given a chance to show they're skills. How is it Punk got pushed to the moon and other guys who have such great chemistry with him and many others are deemed worthy and then as soon as they get on TV they're no longer worthy?

Once again, I love how everyone is throwing tantrums it seems over Dykstra "being buried" when the guy's getting weekly air-time, and he's now cutting promos. Let's review. For the previous year, Dykstra's done what?

Nothing.

For the previous 3 weeks, Dykstra's done what?

Had 2-3 involvements with the World Heavyweight Champion, regardless of the type of role.. and had an opening match with a debuting Superstar, in which he cut a decent promo.

All in all, "buried by losing" or not, I'd say he's getting more of a push now, even in a losing effort, than he was for the previous few years.

Shocky is right, Dykstra is still young. Just because Indy Punk, and other younger talent are getting moon distance pushes, doesn't mean Dykstra needs one too. Besides all that, he had his decent first push when he went over Flair and was teaming with Rated R.K.O. I'd say he proved he could be okay, but nothing above average. Give the guy time. Obviously they like him, or he would've been cut long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back