• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breaking; Reigns Suspended

I'm quite shocked to see them suspend a big name star(regardless of your opinion of him WWE sees him as one) I applaud them though. Shows how serious they take this wellness policy and it should be a wake up to everyone on the roster from developmental all the way up to the main event. As far as how this will effect his standing in the company? We'll just have to wait and see. It would definitely make me rethink him as the face of my company and I'd probably pull him back a bit.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't there a policy that if you get suspended in the wellness policy you can't return until after the next PPV? I recall that was part of the rule with another superstar.

If anyone can confirm that is indeed WWE's policy the being serious means pulling Reigns out of the card.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't there a policy that if you get suspended in the wellness policy you can't return until after the next PPV? I recall that was part of the rule with another superstar.

If anyone can confirm that is indeed WWE's policy the being serious means pulling Reigns out of the card.

i don'T remember this being a rule per say. Sure most guys that are suspended comes back after the ppv because for the most part they are either

a) not that important so you don't mind if they're not on tv before the ppv

or

b) they've got nothing set up for them for the actual ppv so they rather wait after to bring them in.

The thing is, they actually got plan for reigns and i wouldn'T even be surprise if he the one that gets split from the other 2 after the draft so they have to get this dream match done at battleground no matter what because that's probably the last time, all three former member of the shield will be on the same show.

I don't know much about the policy other than first infraction is 30 days, second is 60 and third is the door.

As far as them letting him compete at MITB, i don't exactly know how they do their drug testing. Almost every company I've worked for in the last decade does them on site and if it comes up positive they send it out to a lab to verify its not a false positive or a faulty test, which can take upto 48 hours to get back. So it's possible WWE knew about it but didn't have the lab results back before the PPV, but on the other hand even if they did know for sure and we dont know for sure when they tested him, they weren't going to pull the main event off the card.

I'm just glad they called a spade a spade and announced it as an infraction of the wellness policy. It's pretty embarrassing to have to suspend your world champion, they could have easily had Reigns get "injured" and write him off that way but they hung him out there to face the music as they should have.

I'm just glad they called a spade a spade and announced it as an infraction of the wellness policy. It's pretty embarrassing to have to suspend your world champion, they could have easily had Reigns get "injured" and write him off that way but they hung him out there to face the music as they should have.

They've suspended other wrestlers and put their names out there so should surprise no one that if Reigns got caught the same would happen to him. They can't do an injury angle anyway. Didn't they just do one before Mania in his feud with HHH? Remember that fiasco with Bryon and the bloody nose. Also if they did do an injury angle and then it was revealed that it was a Wellness suspension, it would be the final nail in his coffin for some fans.

He's been very well protected this last year or so. As a matter of fact, his loss to Rollins the other night was the first time he's been pinned clean without interference. So can you imagine the outcry if the WWE lied about saying he was injured and it turned out he was suspended.

They usually only do injury angles to write the guy off to film a movie or if they are having surgery or something like that anyway.

Hopefully this means the END of the Roman Reigns experiment. If the past two years have proven anything, it's that Roman Reigns is NOT a draw and NOT a main event talent. Have Reigns lose the Battleground Triple Threat, eat the pin, and start moving him back down the card.

Ditto! Couldn't not have said it better myself. The guy is a cheater who juices. There is no time and place for that in pro wrestling. Push this clown down to the lower mid-card where he belongs.

IMO, this further solidifies Reigns as a piece of human garbage. I'm glad he got caught.

In case, you didn't know, I can't stand cheaters.

Reigns has been suspended for 30 days and I know that it's policy that he won't appear on television until the suspension is lifted. While I can't say for certain, I think it also means that Reigns doesn't compete for WWE period, not even for house shows.

The fact that he won't be around to help build up the triple threat match for Battleground is a big reason why so many people are confused as to why WWE is still going through with it. Everyone already knows that he failed the drug test, it's made mainstream news, it's been covered by ESPN, etc. so it just strikes me as much simpler to just flat out acknowledge what happened on Raw this Monday and take Reigns out of the match altogether and announce that it'll be Ambrose vs. Rollins. Reigns being part of the match will give it a bit more of a spectacle as it'll feature all three former Shield members, but he has as much chance of regaining the title or fans not giving him the business for flunking the drug test as Donald Trump has of having a good hair day.

While I agree that this is a good time for a reboot of character, with the suspension and all, I think Joe is outta line here. I'm not a fan, but to say that it was a ped is rather biased.

Neither side has said exactly what it was, but if it were a ped, then there's little that could justify bringing him back.

It's being reported that Reigns was forced to apologize in front of the locker room before his suspension and that it was ordered by Triple H rather than Vince McMahon, though I have little doubt Vince was told by Triple H and went along with it or it wouldn't have happened. The report also alleges that some felt it was appropriate while others felt that Reigns shouldn't have been humiliated like that.

I think it's proper that Reigns was made to apologize to the rest of the locker room and I think those who were against it either don't realize or care that this was done partially to humble him. Reigns is a major league player in the biggest wrestling company in the world and he's gotten a sustained, massively strong push for the past 2 years but the guy screwed up and there are supposed to be consequences for when you screw up. In this case, Reigns' as a person has taken something of a hit and that's how it should be and he should have to work in order to regain the respect that he's lost, which should entail more than just sitting at home for a month.

It's being reported that Reigns was forced to apologize in front of the locker room before his suspension and that it was ordered by Triple H rather than Vince McMahon, though I have little doubt Vince was told by Triple H and went along with it or it wouldn't have happened. The report also alleges that some felt it was appropriate while others felt that Reigns shouldn't have been humiliated like that.

I think it's proper that Reigns was made to apologize to the rest of the locker room and I think those who were against it either don't realize or care that this was done partially to humble him. Reigns is a major league player in the biggest wrestling company in the world and he's gotten a sustained, massively strong push for the past 2 years but the guy screwed up and there are supposed to be consequences for when you screw up. In this case, Reigns' as a person has taken something of a hit and that's how it should be and he should have to work in order to regain the respect that he's lost, which should entail more than just sitting at home for a month.

This has to make you wonder just what he tested positive for then. If it was just NyQuil or something in a diet supplement like some have suggested, then it was a mistake. The guy was suspended without pay for 30 days and that should be enough punishment.

If, however, he was made to apologize in front of his friends that suggest something worse and I don't see a problem with him or anyone else having to do that. With Reigns off the road and TV, you never know it might affect attendance and as a result their paychecks. Also everytime a wrestler gets suspended it casts a shadow however small across the whole sport. As much as the WWE wants to promote all their causes, it doesn't look good when their world champion gets busted for a banned substance.

Besides the people he was made to apologize too are friends of his, aren't they? I mean these are the people he's worked with for the better part of the last 4 years, and he should really have done it without being told too. He apologized to the fans in his tweet, saying sorry to his co-workers should be a natural thing to do, considering he's affecting them the most.

Wow. Just wow. If Reigns gets another push again, I would be shocked. This is obviously not another case of testing Positive for Roman Red/Wackus Weedus. To be made to apologize to the ENTIRE locker room is a real kick in the balls. What people need to understand is that Stamford pumped MILLIONS of dollars into making Roman Reigns the "face" of the WWE. Trips blew away an entire roster at the Rumble to get Reigns over at Mania. Reigns was one of those who were really "Hunter's guys". For Trips, this is a personal humiliation. When Reigns comes back, I can guarantee you retribution. Reigns will job to Miz or maybe even Fandango. But, Main Event status? Hell, no. Not for a long time, if ever.

Somewhere, Kevin Dunn is laughing his head off. Dunn has no respect for what Hunter does at NXT. Reigns suspension just gave Dunn ammo to say that Mr. and Mrs Paul Levesque cannot be trusted to run WWE. Their #1 guy turned out to be a junkie, Dunn will tell shareholders. The political games are going to get heavy in Stamford. Furthermore, the locker room may be better for it as someone will actually lead a group that might actually draw money. Reigns has proven that he is NOT a draw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back