• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breaking; Reigns Suspended

I'm not going to lie that Reigns is the most articulate person out there and half as charismatic as The Rock or John F. Kennedy or Martin Luther King, Jr. Not even a quarter. By charisma, I mostly mean something magnetic about him- physically- a combination of gravity, intensity, and muscles/looks.

You're way too hung up on the guy's looks. It's the best thing he has going for him but I don't get this "magnetic", "gravity, intensity" thing about him.

Someone with magnetism, someone who can capture your attention and hold it by sheer force of personality has nothing to do with how much muscle someone has or how handsome their face is. Being nice to look at and making people care about who you are, what you're about, what you're involved with, etc. is something far deeper. In pro wrestling, look at guys like Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Dusty Rhodes, Arn Anderson, Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Randy Savage, CM Punk and a number of others who held others with what they were able to express verbally and through body language, at times. These guys certainly weren't/aren't the prettiest guys around; if a 30 year old Randy Savage debuted today in WWE, his look/ring gear would make you think his gimmick was as a grand marshal of gay pride parades. In real life, look at how charismatically magnetic Charles Manson was, all 5'2" 140 lbs. of him.

Maybe you get some sort of feeling from Reigns, but I just don't see it. What I see, for the most part, is a one dimensional guy standing around looking pretty, buffed up and guys like that are and have been a dime a dozen in wrestling.

You're way too hung up on the guy's looks. It's the best thing he has going for him but I don't get this "magnetic", "gravity, intensity" thing about him.

Someone with magnetism, someone who can capture your attention and hold it by sheer force of personality has nothing to do with how much muscle someone has or how handsome their face is. Being nice to look at and making people care about who you are, what you're about, what you're involved with, etc. is something far deeper. In pro wrestling, look at guys like Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Dusty Rhodes, Arn Anderson, Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Randy Savage, CM Punk and a number of others who held others with what they were able to express verbally and through body language, at times. These guys certainly weren't/aren't the prettiest guys around; if a 30 year old Randy Savage debuted today in WWE, his look/ring gear would make you think his gimmick was as a grand marshal of gay pride parades. In real life, look at how charismatically magnetic Charles Manson was, all 5'2" 140 lbs. of him.

Maybe you get some sort of feeling from Reigns, but I just don't see it. What I see, for the most part, is a one dimensional guy standing around looking pretty, buffed up and guys like that are and have been a dime a dozen in wrestling.

i would agree with you for most of what you wrote but putting Bray Wyatt in the same category as all these legends makes no sense at all. Bray Wyatt connection is one dimentional at best, fans don't pop for him, they pop for the entrance. As soon as he starts wrestling, you can hear crickets.

Wyatt is even less over then reigns. Reigns isn't a great talker, that's true, but since wrestlemania, the guy is becoming better at it and i'm thinking that if you let him be himself and not another guy memorizing a speech, Reigns would have more charisma because i watch him in situation when he didn't need to say a text and he's a complete different person.

Fans like yourself are not giving him a chance to prove himself for some weird reason that i just don'T get. The guy as been in 4 match of the year candidate this year alone. AJ styles is praising him as been one of the best big man he worked with, yet fans are so hung on the fact that he wasn't their choice that they can see that the guy is better then a good portion of their favorite that just costing on the fans support and don't give their all in their performance.

I think you mistakenly believe I'm hung up on his looks(like a woman would, or Darren Young would) or something. If that's so, I would like to clear it up.

Sure, Roman Reigns is goodlooking, and so is Seth Rollins, and so was Shawn Michaels. (And so am I).

But when I mention Reigns' "Looks" I don't exactly invoke prettiness/hotness or any such thing- that's what Fandango and Tyler Breeze would do. I simply mean the guy's demeanour/seriousness/gravity/intensity. A lot of it goes into having that- from one's stature to size to the build of your body.

I also don't mean that just because Reigns looks like that, he's as charismatic as The Rock or Shawn Michaels.

But if you consider his "presence", it's undeniable that besides Seth Rollins, few wrestlers on the roster today have it- I'm a huge Kevin Owens fan- I'm a Cesaro fan, and I hate Dean Ambrose. Now think of their individual entrances- Kevin Owens is badass, Cesaro is just MEH, and Dean Ambrose is boring as fuck- some leather-jacket wearing junkie-resembling guy masquerading as the world heavyweight champion. But Roman Reigns walking towards the ring- screams of PRESENCE-(again, I'm not invoking The Rock's mic skills and charisma or Shawn Michaels's flamboyance and charisma)- and that's a good thing.

It's beyond me why you can't "see" it or feel it, but it's ridiculous to include him in the category of dime-a-dozen beefed up guys- because Ryback is one of them- and Roman Reigns is simply better than all the Rybacks, Lex Lugers and Goldbergs of the wrestling world combined.

I doubt this changes anything.

They knew Sunday and they knew yesterday when they announced the match.

Hopefully this at least gives them time to do some character tweaks. Maybe go full fledge with him being a corporate heel since he's still getting a main event spot and even the title even after the fans rejecting him and him breaking the rules that would put any other guy at the bottom of the card. Do a parody of Cena/HHH's spot in the company at any time during the past few years.

I think you mistakenly believe I'm hung up on his looks(like a woman would, or Darren Young would) or something. If that's so, I would like to clear it up.

Sure, Roman Reigns is goodlooking, and so is Seth Rollins, and so was Shawn Michaels. (And so am I).

But when I mention Reigns' "Looks" I don't exactly invoke prettiness/hotness or any such thing- that's what Fandango and Tyler Breeze would do. I simply mean the guy's demeanour/seriousness/gravity/intensity. A lot of it goes into having that- from one's stature to size to the build of your body.

I also don't mean that just because Reigns looks like that, he's as charismatic as The Rock or Shawn Michaels.

But if you consider his "presence", it's undeniable that besides Seth Rollins, few wrestlers on the roster today have it- I'm a huge Kevin Owens fan- I'm a Cesaro fan, and I hate Dean Ambrose. Now think of their individual entrances- Kevin Owens is badass, Cesaro is just MEH, and Dean Ambrose is boring as fuck- some leather-jacket wearing junkie-resembling guy masquerading as the world heavyweight champion. But Roman Reigns walking towards the ring- screams of PRESENCE-(again, he's not The Rock or Shawn Michaels)- and that's a good thing.

It's beyond me why you can't "see" it or feel it, but it's ridiculous to include him in the category of dime-a-dozen beefed up guys- because Ryback is one of them- and Roman Reigns is simply better than all the Rybacks, Lex Lugers and Goldbergs of the wrestling world combined.

The only thing that sets Reigns apart appearance wise is his attire which isn't really even up to him I'm assuming, or else all wrestlers wouldn't be wearing generic trunks while he gets to keep his cool Shield armor.

If he was wearing generic underwear or tights he'd look like everyone else.

Unless you're getting your Darren Young/Pat Patterson on, in which case, there is nothing wrong with that. Other than that I don't see what the hell you're talking about lol.

The only thing that sets Reigns apart appearance wise is his attire which isn't really even up to him I'm assuming, or else all wrestlers wouldn't be wearing generic trunks while he gets to keep his cool Shield armor.

If he was wearing generic underwear or tights he'd look like everyone else.

That's true to an extent- the Shield armor lends him this uniqueness which conventional ring gear lacks. But it's also a pretty stupid argument.

By your logic, Randy Orton in 2006(who wears a trunk) looked no different than Val Venis, Snitsky, Carlito, etc. since he didn't have the Shield Armor on, right? Dude, take into account factors besides the unique Shield Armor.

Unless you're getting your Darren Young/Pat Patterson on, in which case, there is nothing wrong with that. Other than that I don't see what the hell you're talking about lol.

LMAO. To this, I always have the Shawn Michaels quote ready as my comeback, "Why don't ya go ask your mommas and sisters how gay Shawn really is! ":lmao:

Props to the WWE for owning up to the suspension on their web site. Let's see if they announce the suspension first on Smackdown and then RAW and not resort to a BS injury and punish him at Battleground (assuming he's still allowed to be in the main event. Irregardless, he's going to be the one who gets pinned whenever the shield main event takes place.

WWE should do a back stage segment where Reigns is just gobbling supplements and Seth Rollins sneaks in an illegal one to get him suspended.

Props to the WWE for owning up to the suspension on their web site. Let's see if they announce the suspension first on Smackdown and then RAW and not resort to a BS injury and punish him at Battleground (assuming he's still allowed to be in the main event. Irregardless, he's going to be the one who gets pinned whenever the shield main event takes place.

You know as well as I know that wwe will never own up to a suspension on wwe tv. They probably had everything plan before they announce it on the website. Now they probably will do something on smackdown for peoples that only watch wwe programming and don't follow wwe on the internet or social media. He won't be taking out of the battleground main event or be punish especially since he own up to it and didn't make a fuss like most people that were suspended.

Do we know yet why what he was taking that got him suspended? I just can't believe that he's been the subject of this monster push over an almost two year period and he would screw it up. Now I don't know Vince McMahon and how he feels about these kind of things, but I can't imagine he is too pleased about "The Guy" getting caught doing something maybe he shouldn't have.

I guess we'll have to see what happens when he returns, no point speculating about it, as it could go any number of ways. He could get pushed down the card for awhile till this blows over, he could be the one eating the pin at Battleground, or the whole thing could be ignored. But now he can come out and say "I'm not a good guy, I'm not a bad guy, I'm a guy who knows a guy".

There you have it a new catchphrase for him.

Pérez84;5517101 said:
Chances of this to being a kayfabe route to delay the triple threat until Summerslam?

Less than zero. If they really wanted to delay the match, they could have had either Rollins or Reigns win on Monday under a multitude of circumstances. Throwing their top star under the bus like this for the sake of an angle would be dumb because it legit damages his image.

Pérez84;5517101 said:
Chances of this to being a kayfabe route to delay the triple threat until Summerslam?

When my son texted this too me while I was at work, I thought that for a few minutes, it's a work. Maybe Ambrose got a little too excited last night and blurted it out about facing them at Battleground, and they were caught between a rock and a hard place. So they had to so something. In saying that though, the WWE does take these suspensions seriously.

It doesn't make the company look good that their athletics are taking banned substances, no matter how innocently, as we saw in the case of Adam Rose. Three strikes and you are out of job. They've put a lot of time and effort into Reigns and I can't see them doing this. Faking an injury would have been the better way to go if it was kayfabe.

Now that's an another shocker after Ambrose's title win.

He surely shouldn't have done so. WWE has put a lot of time and money in him and no one would want it wasted.

On the other hand, this may be a blessing in disguise for him. He doesn't need to be in the main event scene as soon as he is back. Let him have an organic build. Renovate his attire and entrance music and give him right booking to get the fans back on his side.

If not, then a heel turn could do wonders for him.

Now that's an another shocker after Ambrose's title win.

He surely shouldn't have done so. WWE has put a lot of time and money in him and no one would want it wasted.

On the other hand, this may be a blessing in disguise for him. He doesn't need to be in the main event scene as soon as he is back. Let him have an organic build. Renovate his attire and entrance music and give him right booking to get the fans back on his side.

If not, then a heel turn could do wonders for him.

I think a full heel turn is the way to go, unless Vince is rightly pissed off big-time and is willing to bury Roman Reigns for a certain amount of time on return.
Also, I don't think Roman will be able to say he is 'the Guy' for a while, if ever.

He'll get eaten alive in most wrestling towns like NYC, Chicago, or Philadelphia if he tries to cut "I'm THE guy" promos after a 30 day suspension for a wellness policy. They better heel him up and keep his mouth shut when he comes back and just spear baby faces until it's no longer fresh in people's minds. I'd even feed him to Rolliins, Ambrose, and Owens then let him start from the bottom, this is a major black eye for the WWE after all they've done to elevate him at the expense of others and he deserves to be humbled for it.

Roman Reigns IS a legit Main event Talent no doubt. Excellent in the ring and he has a presence. The E were flirting with him as a heel but now its full sail ahead. They can use this as a reset button and come up with something interesting for his character.

Reigns needs a break, and more importantly his draft becomes way more important now.

Sucks for his spot in the WWE. I doubt he will go over in any main event for the next 6 months at least. It's good that he owned up to what he did or didn't do, but there are too many people doing the right thing in the locker room to give Roman a pass on this. I am actually a fan of him and his work in the ring as he's put together some "match of the year" type matches in the past couple of months, but in the end, the rules are the rules and since the WWE put this out for the public eyes, it's a lock that we've seen the end of Roman Reigns' top-tier main event push.

That's true to an extent- the Shield armor lends him this uniqueness which conventional ring gear lacks. But it's also a pretty stupid argument.

By your logic, Randy Orton in 2006(who wears a trunk) looked no different than Val Venis, Snitsky, Carlito, etc. since he didn't have the Shield Armor on, right? Dude, take into account factors besides the unique Shield Armor.

LMAO. To this, I always have the Shawn Michaels quote ready as my comeback, "Why don't ya go ask your mommas and sisters how gay Shawn really is! ":lmao:

I mean there's obvious huge physical differences between those other three guys. All three of those guys are kinda pudgy.

A better comparison would have been Orton looked no different from Chris Masters, Kenny Omega post-Spirit Squad, or Charlie Haas, and they really didn't look that different, in terms of physical appearance determining who deserves a push.

I think a full heel turn is the way to go, unless Vince is rightly pissed off big-time and is willing to bury Roman Reigns for a certain amount of time on return.
Also, I don't think Roman will be able to say he is 'the Guy' for a while, if ever.

A heel turn may be the only way to salvage Reigns at this point. It's not like he was being embraced by the masses as a babyface in the first place as dislike for him as a face which, unlike John Cena, seems to be more genuine than not as Reigns hasn't been drawing well.

You're also right that Vince may well just be flat out pissed to see that someone he's invested so much time into screw up in this way. If he genuinely held out hope for Reigns being the next John Cena, I don't see how that hope isn't completely squashed because Reigns' credibility is pretty much gone in that sense as there'll be talk, rumors, jokes and future innuendo of Reigns flunking the drug test that will follow him. It's not quite the same ball game as it was 10 years ago when Orton flunked his first drug test because social media like Facebook and Twitter are essentially the gods of modern society. The controversy will fade, but it'll be brought right back up if Vince tries to push him as a top babyface in the future.

Vince could use this entire situation to really establish Reigns as a heel if he wanted, but he's so scared to death of doing anything that isn't politically correct that it really stifles what he allows WWE's creative teams to use. For instance, Reigns could come off completely unapologetic for what happened when he comes back and say that part of the reason he did it was because of the fans; he could go off on fans by pointing out that they always want and demand more from the stars on the roster just like fans demand more and more from athletes in other sports. He could point out that fans were lining up to watch guys like Barry Bonds hit homeruns left and right, it's what they wanted and they only seemed to care about him doping after it was made public. He could accuse the fans of being two-faced sycophants who whine and complain about fair play and political correctness when it suits them while they wanna see a "real man" so long as they don't actually know what it takes to be a "real man." You know, stuff like that. Of course, the potential problem with going that route is that Vince is so worried about being PC and too many people ignore that WWE is as scripted as anything else on television, it's as fictional as Game of Thrones. If people will freak out on social media for what we saw with Swagger and Coulter a few years back, they'd shit over this. These days, entertainment can't simply be just plain ol' entertainment as the media wants to try to assign some sort of societal meaning to everything that's on TV.

There are 2 ways of looking at this and it'll be interesting what he's been banned for.

If it's a medical thing and he's simply fucked up a prescription or some paperwork, then this is pretty much nothing and will be forgotten about.

On the other hand, if this is a result of him doing something utterly stupid, self-destructive and inexplicable, then he's bought it on himself. It would also cast serious doubt on his mental state and ability to cope with responsibility and being the guy that everyone hates. If he's done something illegal or steroids, then I think he's finished as the No 1 guy.

I knew something was off when they took the title off Reigns and put it on Ambrose, the guy is a jobber or mid-card act at best compared to Reigns who has somewhat of a 'superstar' feel to him.

I knew something was off when they took the title off Reigns and put it on Ambrose, the guy is a jobber or mid-card act at best compared to Reigns who has somewhat of a 'superstar' feel to him.

He might have a superstar look, don't know about the "feel" though. Anyway the RAW numbers are in, and with Ambrose winning the title viewership increased by 17% to 3.4 million. It jumped in the second hour to 3.5 and went back down to 3.4 for the third hour. Definitely the best numbers they've seen in awhile. So take that for what it's worth. Have to wait and see if it continues, but I don't think Reigns was a draw at all.

That is pathetic by the WWE. They knew about this on Friday, he had a match on Sunday, dropping the title. They set up the 3-way on Monday. Then they suspend him 2 days later for 30 days. But the 3-way at Battleground is in 34 days! so he'll make it. What a punishment! lol

Something I never quite understood - why did they schedule the Battleground match in the first place? They clearly knew about Reigns' suspension, so it seems like they're going to do the match anyway. It's going to be hard to build the match up without Reigns though. I doubt he's going to win the title now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back