• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breaking news: Ricardo Rodriguez suspended

Sid Schmid

Pre-Show Stalwart
From WWE.com:

STAMFORD, Conn. – In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program, WWE has suspended Jesús Rodríguez (Ricardo Rodriguez) for 30 days effective immediately for his first violation of the company’s policy.

No more details as of yet, didn't think anything of RR being off of TV last night. Such a shame as he is an excellent foil for ADR

And ADR is fucked.

Oh god, Rodriguez was the most charismatic part of ADR's persona, and without him I really see him struggling. The fuck did he smoke? Huge steback for the champion really and a sorry blow for the storyline.

God I'll miss his southern impressions.

I'm guessing weed rather than roids, shame for Del Rio as Ricardo is a vital part of his act and the heel turn was just kicking off. Still, it's only 30 days, he'll be back in time for the business end of the Summerslam build up.

Say it ain't so, Ricardo! Pure speculation on my behalf, but given his physique, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a PED designed to help improve definition/"cut up." That or a recreational drug. Just shooting in the dark, it doesn't really matter now. Dumb on his part, but I do look forward to his return.

This would be a good opportunity for Del Rio to enlist the aid of Hunico and/or Camacho. I forgot who suggested it, but bodyguards/thugs for ADR would be a perfect role for either or both of those guys.

Personally, I see it as a good opportunity to find out if ADR can get over on his own. People like Rodriguez too much for him to be with a heel. They want to chant along with Rodriguez and then ADR comes along and people are like "who is this buzzkill?" 30 days isn't a lot of time to get over after years of being together, but at least we'll get a taste. Maybe it will work... I've never been a big fan of ADR, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like him to actually entertain me when he's on the screen.

What an idiot. His charisma and personality helps Del Rio so much with getting over with the crowd, and now he goes and gets himself suspended. What a joke.

I was actually worried that Ricardo might hinder Del Rio from getting over as a heel because he is so likable, especially when he introduces him. In his absence I think Del Rio should get his own "cabinet", that might help him get over as a heel.

On Ricardo though I wonder what he did?

It sink or swim for Del Rio, if he can some how get over without Ricardo, then good, but that's a long shot.

No Ricaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaardooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Rod-riqueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

damn damn damn damn damn

first it was the cars. Then the music. Del Rio is going to be so ice cold when Ricardo comes back they might even make Ziggler champ again.

Given that Ricardo has been a pretty vital aspect of Del Rio's gimmick for quite a long while now, this is probably going to limit Del Rio to some degree. As a result, I'm thinking that it MIGHT up the chances of them putting the WHC back onto Ziggler at the MITB ppv. Without Ricardo, a lot of personality is going to be missing from Del Rio's act. Frankly, with his current character, I don't see Del Rio being able to really pull off being a WHC that keeps people interested until SummerSlam.

I'm guessing weed rather than roids, shame for Del Rio as Ricardo is a vital part of his act and the heel turn was just kicking off. Still, it's only 30 days, he'll be back in time for the business end of the Summerslam build up.

...Weed doesn't get you suspended. It gives you a $1500 fine. Unless you're a dipshit like Brian Kendrick who pisses hot every time and was specifically told to cut that shit out. As for what he failed for? Probably something he had on prescription that got rejected because he didn't send it soon enough or had expired or something. Or alternatively, a prescription drug that WWE decided wasn't appropriate.

Del Rio will get zero reaction without him lol. I kinda wish ADR was still face so he could come out to complete silence and make them realize once and for all that nobody cares about him. Stop giving the man so many world titles. I swear he has more titles without being over than anyone in history. Not to mention a rumble and MITB win.

I was actually worried that Ricardo might hinder Del Rio from getting over as a heel because he is so likable, especially when he introduces him. In his absence I think Del Rio should get his own "cabinet", that might help him get over as a heel.

On Ricardo though I wonder what he did?

That's an interesting way to look at it. I hope you're right. So if Del Rio is able to get over as a heel without him, I wonder what they would do with Ricardo after the suspension is over with.

Or if he crashes and burns without Ricardo there as people seem to expect, good news for Ziggler's fans I guess.

I thought WWE released the information about what wrestlers get suspended for. I don't really care but I doubt it was steroids Ricardo was using

My guess is, that like Rey Mysterio or Sin Cara in the past, it was for painkillers or some sort of medical treatment done in Mexico but not approved by WWE or in the United States. I wish that WWE would actually list what the suspension is for, specifically, rather then just a general Wellness Policy violation. Oh well. This explains the "injury angle" done on Smackdown, although they should have done something more believable to explain why Ricardo would be out for a full month.

I'll look at this from a positive note, and that's giving Del Rio the opportunity to get over as a top heel on his own. Generally speaking, Del Rio's matches involve a back and forth match, and just as Del Rio is on the verge of losing, Ricardo interferes for the DQ. Every.Single.Week. It was refreshing last night to see Del Rio wrestle an absolutely clean, competitive match, only losing because of interference against him.

I like Ricardo, and he adds alot to Del Rio's act. But often, he gets babyface pops even as a heel, and now, it's a huge chance for Del Rio to get heel heat all on his own. This makes me anticipate his match with Ziggler all-the-more now, as the usual Del Rio formula can't play out now with Rodriguez saving him.

I just simply find it baffling, like with Mike Chioda, when non-wrestlers get suspended. If it's painkillers and they have a problem that needs addressed, that's one thing. But anything else is just silly.

I'm almost certainly alone on this, but I think this is great for Del Rio. The problem with Rodriguez is that he's just so good. Del Rio just pales in comparison. Him being gone for a month might give Del Rio the chance to come out from under Rodriguez's shadow.

Or most likely the one part of his act most fans like being gone means everybody switches off when Del Rio wrestles.

I'm almost certainly alone on this, but I think this is great for Del Rio. The problem with Rodriguez is that he's just so good. Del Rio just pales in comparison. Him being gone for a month might give Del Rio the chance to come out from under Rodriguez's shadow.

Or most likely the one part of his act most fans like being gone means everybody switches off when Del Rio wrestles.

It is THIS that we think will happen. Del Rio can't talk or connect. He can wrestle damn well in that ring, the charisma was filled up by Ricardo.

Also this is a huge part of his gimmick that ADR is losing. Seeing him come out without Ricardo announcing him will be weird. I dunno where they will go with him now.

I love Ricardo but this could be a blessing in disguise. Del Rio could use this time to get over as a heel. I think he needs to align himself with some new names and become interesting again.

Well this is a major blow to ADR retaining the WHC title. Ricardo has been a huge asset to ADR persona, actually fueling the flames. Ricardo is a huge mouthpiece,and pretty damn funny if i might add. God that southern impersonation he did was just hilarious. This is so damaging to ADR and the WHC title for that matter.

I wish they could keep a fucking WHC for longer than 2 months. Truth be told,ADR was not that exciting as champion nor do i see it anytime soon. I fully expect Ziggler to regain his WHC from ADR. This one hurt a lot. As to what Ricardo might have took adn im only speculating here,it could be some kind of stimulant to help him cut weight and look more in shape than out of! I have no idea what he took only guessing here

I wonder if it could be he was taking something that was a prescription? Wouldn't be surprising if he was still suspended though.

According to a report on the main page there is speculation that it was fat burners from GNC that has caused the wellness violation. I find that staggering if true.

According to rumours on the main site, he was done for fat burning pills like poor old Kolo Toure.

I don't like to revel in another's misfortune but I think this is good news for ADR has he has to 'sink or swim' so to speak. I think if you're going to portray a smug, arrogant heel and can't articulate that character yourself, then good riddance. Big monster heels can get away with a mouthpiece because we don't expect them to talk, chickenshit heels need to be able to speak for themselves.

I don't think ADR will drop the belt because of this if he does indeed drop it at all. If they kept the belt on Ziggler who wasn't on tv for a month, then I think they have faith in ADR to be champion without RR for a month too. At least he has the opportunity to showcase his 'skills' for 30 days without being overshadowed by RR at ringside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back