• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone Else Hate the Ending to Cena v Orton?

I did not see the match but i know what went down and i do not like it one bit okay i am going to go ahead and loss any tiny amount of awesomeness i have and say i am a Cena fan. Sorry but its true Cena puts on great matches so there and second i an Orton fan so i like the match idea but not the ending.

mann tht orton vs cena match ending was wack

ok now juss lik i said
orton was gon win at summerslam and then lose at breaking point he did
thts fine..watever.. sooner or later cena was gon kiss vinces ass 2 be champ
we all knew it was coming..

but the ending..wtf..
orton rkoed cena..than within tht same min cena gon get the stfu..
wow..seriosuly??!!
WWE STOP TRYIN 2 MAKE CENA LOOK SUPERMAN STOP!!!!..

RKO! 4 LIFE!!

*sigh* This is the only logical way for this match to end, fools. The entire point is that Cena can take ungodly amounts of punishment and never quit, while Orton can dish out ungodly amounts of punishment, but can not take punishment. He's a heel. This was right.

Thoughts?

What momentum did he have? He was always running away, always getting help from Legacy, always having a hard time keeping his heel heat, always cutting average promos. Orton is the definition of meh. He's had MANY failed pushes and main event runs... Maybe the should stop trying. Maybe he just doesn't belong at the top with Cena.

As for the match, it was a let-down. I agree with that. That should have been an epic fight to the finish or pure domination by Cena. What happened wasn't needed as it was too typical for a big blowoff and any match Orton is in control of is going to fall flat by default. I'd want a do-over, but I also want Orton to leave the top of the card never to be seen again.

I almost totally agree with said above quote. Except for the part where Orton shouldn't be allowed back to the top of the card. He just needs a persona change and I will explain that.

I've wanted Orton to succeed forever, but his persona and ability to be a champion... is just superfail. He can't maintain a run or a push on his own at all. I take that back... Orton has what it takes and wouldn't be such a failure as a champion if he could abandon this "rock hard, cold, careless" personality he's had for awhile. It doesn't work. When you talk like a monotone robot, nobody even wants to listen to you in a promo... that is sub-par at best when you carry that type of attitude or gimmick. Orton needs to be outspoken, arrogant, cocky, and talkative to even be taken seriously. Have you noticed his momentum is even worse now because Legacy has actually branched out and been given their own program to work against DX. It's like... Orton can't do Legacy by himself... but Legacy can totally make it without Orton. It's weird to say and I know this isn't a Legacy thread... but as of late (or maybe this whole time)... Orton has been holding Legacy back instead of Legacy looking like Orton's goons. It's unreal, but Orton needs a character makeover. He needs something similar to his Legend Killer days. No more of this monotone, cold, d-bag personality. He can't pull it off. His matches also suffer from it. Everybody says his heel persona and ring persona is "slow, methodical heel." No. It's slow, methodical, and putting everybody to sleep.

As for the match last night... it was ok. Nothing special and unfortunately, Orton hasn't had a great memorable match it quite some time now. So I've come to expect nothing from him... and he still disappoints. I never thought I'd say this, but I was happy Cena went over last night because he seems to be the only guy that can carry the title at any time other than Triple H. I liked the ending personally. Make Orton look like a bitch because he hasn't shown us that he deserves to look like a champion either. Let Cena run with the title. And guess what... I say let him run with it for a long time. I don't care to see HHH, Orton, or Batista as champion. Hell, Batista would actually be the least boring of those guys. HHH just doesn't need it. And Orton hasn't proven he should be allowed to keep it. I hope Cena runs with it until Mania where maybe someone can be built epic fast but who knows. I like the title change last night and I liked the outcome.

Cena? Why not?

Thoughts?

What momentum did he have? He was always running away, always getting help from Legacy, always having a hard time keeping his heel heat, always cutting average promos. Orton is the definition of meh. He's had MANY failed pushes and main event runs... Maybe the should stop trying. Maybe he just doesn't belong at the top with Cena.

As for the match, it was a let-down. I agree with that. That should have been an epic fight to the finish or pure domination by Cena. What happened wasn't needed as it was too typical for a big blowoff and any match Orton is in control of is going to fall flat by default. I'd want a do-over, but I also want Orton to leave the top of the card never to be seen again.

He had the momentum of being a champion, whether he always cheated his way to a victory or not, he still held the most valuable price in the WWE. He's a main event level wrestler, and normal fans (And us) expect that wrestlers at the ME level can at least hold out in the STF for longer than 3 seconds. If this was a normal match, Orton wouldn't have submitted instantly. It doesn't make any sense.

This match could have had some great back and forth action, keeping fans on the edge of their seats in anticipation to see who would be the first to quit. But it became obvious during Orton's beat down that Cena would have his typical superman comeback and win in a few seconds. In all, Cena avoids having wrestle a match and only sell weapon shots for 10 minutes, then makes his comeback. Orton could have gotten a little bit of ligitimacy by saying "no" at least once. But, in Vince's eyes, everyone else can fuck off and get buried, except if your name is John Cena.

Upset with the end? Other than Cena winning? No, I wasn't too upset. Cena is just such an awful actor that winning kills his character. That was his serious face.

ALL I know is Randy Orton will beat that 5 moves brawler CENA at HELL IN THE CELL Match and Undertaker will also win it as well !!! But seriously how many of you would like to see Undertaker take on that loser CENA that would be awesome and have ORTON go after CM PUNK looks like it might carry out that way who knows!!!
and for HULKAMANIAC everyone was JEERING CENA seriously except a few kids behind me seriously its boring that McMoron has no originality make a switch why is Batista heading to Smackdown now? Are they doing the drafts already? Get Undertaker on RAW
or bring hommoboy CENA down to SMackdown take on UNDERTAKER !
ANother year with this pathetic loser as CHUMP when all ORTON had to do was put the STFU on CENA use his move as an advantage when original plans called for Undertaker to win and CENA to lose I d be happy if it was carried that way as screwjob for CENA
but hey as long as CENA kisses McMahons ass he is happy to be his boytoy ! while we all get to be miserable because mcmahon only cares for his boytoy and says fuck the fans !! Lets hope someone interferes in that cage match and we all know CENA is not good in cage matches ORTON will win it!!! Unless Batista causes an interference we all expected him to be part of this CENA/ORTON feud he dislikes both
All I can say WWE has lost originality its the same old thing like they did last year and year before Undertaker having the title and CENA geeeeeeeeeeeeez what about anyone else?????????????????? McMahon is deaf as well when the whole Bell Center jeered CENA
CENA SUX chants everywhere and then he just shoves him down our throats and another year we have to endure this trashboy seriously he held it longer than ORTON
ORTON hasn t held it long enough!!! All I can say ORTON fans he 'll get his title back just like when he beat Batista for it!!

Wow. Seriously, chief? You're getting this upset about Cena winning? And what's with the bold font, and caps for Cena?

Anyway, on to topic. I haven't actually seen the match, but from what I read on the main site, it didn't really make Orton look terribly weak. Just made him look like an average heel, who said "I Quit" in order to save himself from injury, without thinking about losing his title. This move basically made him look about the same as he always has.

So, I guess my answer to the OP is: No, I don't really hate the ending, as I see it as a chance to reinvigorate a dying feud.

Yeah i completely agree! i understand the point of giving the strap to Cena. What i dont understand is why they had to make Orton look like a little pussy in the process. But look at Raw tonight, same deal, Orton looks like a pussy! HES THE FUTURE OF THE COMPANY! but they make him look like hes easily beaten and not a threat to anybody without help. Hopefully Vince gets his head out of Cena And Trips ass or we are gonna be in for alot more of this

Have already mentioned this in another thread but neway, I agree entirely that the match was terrible and the ending especially was awful as it made Orton look extremely weak. It's bad enough they've been making Orton look so weak by having Legacy come out in all his matches but this really took it to the next level. It was just a typical awful Cena match where's been beat up all the way until his boring superhero finish.

I'm not even going to reply to the people that bashed Orton I've already stated why each point people bring up about his "monotone" voice etc. Is just him doing what the writers want him to do I can't believe people actually believe he talks like that legitimately. I implore you watch his promos when he was still "the Legend Killer" he talked different because his character changed he evolved.

Anyways the match was fine what do you expect ? A five star classic seriously people lower your damn expectations because these two most likely won't come close to meeting them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back