• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The biggest problem with Super Cena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet cream on an ice cream sandwhich!!! i read like most of the posts and it all but i think three or four are abunch of bandwagoners..my god..paint this picture..."his match with orton made orton look weak cause he dominated him the whole match and came back and won...hmmm go back to judgement day 2005 another i quit match cena was owned the whole match and..he won...so your argument has no backbone....and he puts nobody over well??? umm lets look at miz before he faced cena and look at miz now...hmm if thats not putting you over i have no idea what is...ortunga lost in a suqash match..like every other rookie..if he faced anyone else you guys would have not been all pissy about it...the match at mania...yes everyone knew he would win...but i saw nothing wrong with the match...wheter cena gets booed or cheered cena still wrestles his best match..."oh oh cena only has a few moves" sorry hes not morrison but everyone has there own move set, ex you ask?

Orton-dropkick,snap ddt,reverse neckbreaker,theatrics, rko, possible punt
hhh- high knee lift, spinebuster, theatrics,pedigree
hbk a few knee drops suplex, elbow from the top, theatrics, sweet chin music
kane-kick to the face, clothsline from the top, chokeslam

you see where im getting at, i see nothing wrong with his moves,granted hes not a ric flair but hes got the submissions, he hits kicks even sometimes climbs to the top, and he breaks his neck literally from going to the top and you still complian,what do you want him to do, flips and high flying?? jeez im not a cena hater, not his biggest fan but i dont hate on him..most wrestlers if they were getting the same abuse he takes from the fans would just be lazy in the ring,i never seen a man with such excitment even though he never knows what kind of reaction hell get....instead of running from the boos you saw hom at mania he went striaght to the section of the crowd with the we hate cena shirts and signs and stood with them as if to say "boo me if you want im 9 time champ im still going to wrestle for you like theres no tommrrow and if all elese fails i just made 500,000 dollars for main eventing mania"

I agree with Cookie, have Cena get a few pinfall losses, maybe not in a row, but clean enough to disappoint the undying members of Cenation. And maybe even have him tap out to someone. After that maybe move him down to the midcard, and put over some of the newer guys, but keep him face, so the sales won't be affected. It would keep his fans happy, and shut the Cena-haters up.

I wouldn't say put him in the mid-card, but I think it would do everyone good to see him out of the title picture for a few months. His last non-title fued was just after the Draft last year, against the Miz. It only lasted 2 months, and Cena squashed him in that fued, but look how much it still helped the Miz.
Since then HHH hasn't had a title opportunity, and is now fueding with Sheamus. Orton has had his fued with Legacy. We had HBK and Taker. CM Punk has the SES. If all these Main Eventers can go for monthes without a title opportunity, then why can't Cena?

I never said that Otunga should look as good as Cena, but someone has to win NXT, and he is probably one of the favourites. All this match did was show that the rookies will get squashed against pros.
Which is EXACTLY what should happen. In how many sports do rookies fare well against the pros? Would "none" be a good answer? If you put this year's rookie basketball class against Dwayne Wade, Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Carmello Anthony and Dwight Howard, how well do you think they would do? If I were to step into a MMA cage/ring with Fedor do you think I'd last a minute? Of course not.

Rookies SHOULDN'T have a chance against pros, that's the whole point.

Daniel Bryan had a great match with Jericho when he was world champion, but he didn't get squashed like Otunga did.
Jericho is a heel though, not a face, and Daniel Bryan is the biggest name of all the rookies. Otunga pissed Cena off the week before by bailing on him, and Cena's the #1 guy in the company and a good guy as well.

But, who won that match between Jericho and Bryan, by the way?

And as for Orton, him dominating the match doesn't make him look weak, quitting to the STF almost as soon as it was locked in DOES!!!!
Complete bullshit. EVERYONE has tapped out to the STF, including Benoit, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Edge, etc. Tapping out to something that every other wrestler in the company has tapped out to doesn't make someone look weak.

That's just a silly argument. Orton is a heel...heel's are self-centered, narcissistic, and would rather lose than take pain. Orton doing the same thing that every other wrestler has done doesn't make him look weak. The fact he dominated the match makes him look strong.

Of course, I don't know why I'm arguing this...if Orton looked weak, then how come he's one of the most over guys in the company? Your argument holds no water, no matter how you look at it.

I agree with Cookie, have Cena get a few pinfall losses, maybe not in a row, but clean enough to disappoint the undying members of Cenation. And maybe even have him tap out to someone. After that maybe move him down to the midcard, and put over some of the newer guys, but keep him face, so the sales won't be affected. It would keep his fans happy, and shut the Cena-haters up.
:lmao:

Would you move The Undertaker to the midcard? Triple H? Edge? Of course not, so why the fuck would you move your biggest draw to the midcard?

Just another case of someone who knows nothing about wrestling popping off at the mouth...err, well, keyboard.

I wouldn't say put him in the mid-card, but I think it would do everyone good to see him out of the title picture for a few months. His last non-title fued was just after the Draft last year, against the Miz. It only lasted 2 months, and Cena squashed him in that fued, but look how much it still helped the Miz.

:lmao: :lmao:

So now you're saying that getting squashed by Cena can help someone (which I do agree with)? You've just rendered your entire argument, weak as it is, completely invalid!

So now you're saying that getting squashed by Cena can help someone (which I do agree with)? You've just rendered your entire argument, weak as it is, completely invalid!

Had you ever thought of Miz as a possible Main Eventer before this fued??? Didn't think so. This gave him exposure, brought him to peoples attention because he was challenging the face of the company. This, IMO, is DEFINETLEY A VERY GOOD THING!!! Losing all the matches in this fued however, was not such a good thing.

And, yes, Jericho did beat Bryan, but the match was competitive. Just because these guys are called rookies, doesn't mean that they should lose to the pros. Brock Lesnar was a rookie when he made his WWE debut, but he didn't keep losing. Same for Goldberg in WCW. Even the Tough Enough winners picked up wins when they made it to the roster. Hell, Heath Slater has a pinfall victory over William Regal.
Rookies can't beat pros? not all the time, but it can happen

wait a minite Little Jerry lawler !
this is the problem with WWE .. WWE look like cartoons .. SuperMan and etc .
do u remember that Hulkster being bad man in WCW ? Do u even know what is nWo ..
that was the move that set the tune and crashed the world and became WCW #1 Cuz people was tired to see Super Hulk .. then that was someting new .. pople tune to Nitro and enjoyed ..
Now iS Cena .. he booring me to death ... i promise u .. when cena became heel even cena Hater's gonna enjoyed him ,,
i swer the raw's Rating Gonna Be up .. Like 5.0 .. But this is vinny mc .. he hasn't and never have guts .. he's not a risk taker guy ..
in buisnes if u take risk that gonna make u look like good .

John Cena is a money maker right now just like Hulk Hogan was years ago, Hogan was the face of the company held the title for years and was protected, John Cena is in the same boat, Hulk Hogan in title matches was unstopable but in normal matches would get beat up, John Cena same thing, he gets beat up, thrown around and in title fights, most times he wins.

its a give and take, he fights many guys, some guys like rookies seem to get exposure which helps them and with a guy like cena or orton or triple H, its like a test to see how they mesh with these top guys, pretty sure in the back these guys will say either they are not ready or they did good.

Had you ever thought of Miz as a possible Main Eventer before this fued??? Didn't think so. This gave him exposure, brought him to peoples attention because he was challenging the face of the company. This, IMO, is DEFINETLEY A VERY GOOD THING!!! Losing all the matches in this fued however, was not such a good thing.

Yep, getting squashed by Cena can sometimes help your career. So why are you complaining about Otunga getting squashed? It's clearly helped him, as he's been on Raw 2 weeks in a row. He actually got decent heat on NXT. The Cena stuff has obviously worked wonders for him.

And, yes, Jericho did beat Bryan, but the match was competitive.

As I recall, it was mentioned many times during that episode that Bryan had been wrestling for 10 years prior to NXT. Miz even said he was a great wrestler, but wasn't going to be a star due to his lack of personality. Bryan's whole NXT gimmick is that he's an indie god trying to make it in WWE.

Just because these guys are called rookies, doesn't mean that they should lose to the pros. Brock Lesnar was a rookie when he made his WWE debut, but he didn't keep losing.

He sure didn't. He just took out jobbers and Hardy Boyz for 3 or 4 months before moving onto real competition.

Same for Goldberg in WCW.

Goldberg was taking out jobbers for even longer than Lesnar.

Even the Tough Enough winners picked up wins when they made it to the roster.

Like when Maven eliminated Undertaker, who had his back turned, from the rumble and then got beaten to a bloody pulp by Taker for a few weeks? And that was when he was even on the WWE roster. Otunga isn't even on the roster yet.

Hell, Heath Slater has a pinfall victory over William Regal.

It wasn't clean I believe. And are you really comparing Regal to Cena?

To sum it up, Otunga putting up a good fight would make everyone look far worse than Cena squashing Otunga. Cena had been taken to the limit by Batista a couple of weeks ago at Wrestlemania for the WWE title in a match between guys who've been wrestling for 10 years. Yet we're supposed to believe that he'd have trouble taking out a rookie who's been around for less than 3 months?

wait a minite Little Jerry lawler !
this is the problem with WWE .. WWE look like cartoons .. SuperMan and etc .
do u remember that Hulkster being bad man in WCW ? Do u even know what is nWo ..
that was the move that set the tune and crashed the world and became WCW #1 Cuz people was tired to see Super Hulk .. then that was someting new .. pople tune to Nitro and enjoyed ..
Now iS Cena .. he booring me to death ... i promise u .. when cena became heel even cena Hater's gonna enjoyed him ,,
i swer the raw's Rating Gonna Be up .. Like 5.0 .. But this is vinny mc .. he hasn't and never have guts .. he's not a risk taker guy ..

Let me get this straight. So if Cena turns heel, that would make those who hate Cena enjoy then? That means Cena will be cheered as a heel which is not the point of being a heel. RAW will never get a 5.0 if Cena turns heel and if you think so, you must be as terrible as your post is.

first i want to address the comment that was made about vince not having or ever having guts i say to this poster think back to 1985 vkm was nearly bankrupt and decided to risk it all on a concept called wrestlemania and the rest is history

second cena as many have stated is the wwes new hogan and like hogan he gets a beating on tv but at ppvs he powers through for the win think bundy wm2 or andre wm3 the differance is he also puts guys over hogan didnt what do i mean?
well hogan wouldnt put mr perfect over slaughter over savage the list goes on hogan only dropped the belt to warrior who at the time was seen as a monster and hogans replacement now we jump to cena who has put over carlito for a title rvd for a title orton sheamus big show jbl eddie gurrerro batista helped get the miz over not many champs would lose to a rookie like sheamus but he did could you see triple h orton big show or any others doing that no i didnt think so

at times cena has been a transitional champ winning it one month to lose it the next not many would do that either the only problem i see with cena right now is that he is still wearing the hip hop gear but the character has moved on would people stop hating on him if he was to start using the prototype gimmick who knows maybe. he is the never say die soldier have him in combats change the gimmick a bit the older fans have got bored and thats the only reason they hate him if he was still rapping then they would love him again but the e has gone pg for now so just get over it

Good topic bro I completely agree with what you are saying. Did you guys see his matches against Cm Punk? What did they each last 5 minutes? Seriously im no Cena hater but how can you not deny that he makes everyone look weak.

The whole problem with Cena is as of lately Batista looks weak, and we all know that that sets up Batista for the win at Extreme Rules IMO. Batista IS stronger than Cena, Cena just refuses to let anyone else up in that range of strength. He is the Hulk Hogan of today, little move-set, comes out on top everytime. But there is a problem, the people he is beating ie: Randy Orton and Batista, are looking like jokes compared to him.

Totally agree. The gimmick is damaging to other wrestler's. How can someone be dominated then DESTROY their opponent? It's absurd.

"The Immortal" Hulk Hogan. Enough said. :)

I for one am not a John Cena fan, but my five year old daughter is. When she watches RAW with me on Monday Nights (I let her stay up past her bedtime for it, just like my mom use to do with me for Primetime and then Raw is War on Monday nights), I see the exact same look of excitement I had as a kid watching Hulk Hogan as a kid.

Go back and watch some true Hulk Hogan matches from the 80's. There are lots of matches were Hogan would get in little/some offense, be dominated, the "Hulk-Up", Big Boot, Leg Drop, and 1..2..3!!!

Cena is the "modern day" Hulk Hogan. Hogan had his Hulk-Up, Cena has his...Cean-Up?!?! Guess you could call it that. Either way both their paths are almost identical.....

-They were both the dominate champion during their respected eras.
-They both were capable of always overcoming the GREATEST of odds and winning
-They both were the "face man" for the WWE/F
-They both starred in some really bad movies

There's just a few broad but very good examples. I could pretty much map out majority of the WWE's current "core" roster and pit them as someone in the 80's though. John Cena to Hulk Hogan is the one that stands out clearly though. The other big one would be *drum roll* Randy Orton to Randy Savage, yes I said it!

First things first, let me say I'm NOT a Cena hater. But I'm not his biggest fan either, so I would like to think I'm not too biased here.

Biased, no. Wrong, yes.
I'm not going to say it's his move-set, nor am I going to say it's that he's the face of the company. I won't even say that his gimmick is stale.

Good, because then it would get bad.

The biggest problem that I have with Cena is that he makes everyone else look so weak.

Like The Miz and Swagger who he put on quality matches with on free TV and made them look amazing.

His match against David Ortunga was a joke.

David Otunga is a joke. He's an untalented rookie. In kayfabe, would it make sense for a rookie with little experience to challenge the WWE champion? Of course not. They got away with it in the Bryan/Jericho match, but they also put over Danielson's experience. Otunga had no business putting up a challenge against Cena, especially when Cena is getting revenge and has a point to prove. And, it's not like it matters, because Otunga is gone soon anyway. He's fucking terrible.

And he kept Batista down for a 10 count at the end of Raw, despite only putting him in the STF for about 10 seconds.

After he had been hit with an RKO. That's a pretty lethal combination. Did you even watch the show?
Watch his I quit match against Randy Orton. He was dominated for the whole match. Then he locks in the STF and it's all over.

Is this the match where Orton drug him on top of the pyro strips and Cena laid there for almost five minutes? That was a last man standing match, right? Well, Orton dominated that one. The I quit match was when he broke the handcuffs? Well, I think you're right. That Orton kid will never be a main eventer as long as Cena is around.

Seriously, you're bitching that Cena is keeping Orton down? That's fucking ludicrous.

No-one else stands a chance against him, and we all know it. I know it's all part of his superhero style gimmick, but it wouldn't hurt him to take a clean loss every now and then.

No one. Sheamus will never beat him for a title. He never ends Raw laying on the ground. Jesus fucking Christ. For someone who's not a Cena hater and not biased, you sure seemed to give a pretty one sided post full of mostly bullshit.

Jericho is a heel though, not a face, and Daniel Bryan is the biggest name of all the rookies
I agree. In my book, Daniel Bryan should win and i hope he does and like Blade said, his gimmick is Indy guy whose well known by fans, but is hated by guys like Michael Cole (who lives in a cave or something, hahaha) and his gimmick is he's got no personality, i HOPE Bryan wins and ends up taking the Miz's U.S. title off him, but i don't see it happening.

And i agree with the guy who talked about CM Punk vs. Cena. I have no problem with Cena as a wrestler, my problems are more on how WWE (sometimes) spoil the winner of a Cena match. Like the Big Show vs. Cena, i KNEW who would win, Batista vs. Cena at Wrestlemania, also predictable, but at least Extreme Rules isn't easy to guess because Cena actually showed us he can make Batista pass out, but back to my original view, my only issue with Cena is how WWE books him to either look like he doesn't stand a chance, then wins or when he runs over a former world Heavyweight Champion like he is nothing, but an NXT rookie. i don't mind seeing Punk lose to Cena, but not in a quick 1-2 minute match, have a 15-20 minute match whenever Cena wrestles, who i think should be considered top guys.

Like The Miz and Swagger who he put on quality matches with on free TV and made them look amazing.
Well, he made Swagger look good and the Miz, but why did he beat Punk like he was an NXT rookie??? my problem isn't with Cena, it's with WWE's booking of both Cena and Punk. I don't mind Cena being a top guy, but really QUIT saying he has no chance, then he wins. WWE is building Cena vs. Batista better this time around because they are now saying Cena can beat Batista when before Wrestlemania, Cena and Batista equals bad things for Cena.
David Otunga is a joke. He's an untalented rookie. In kayfabe, would it make sense for a rookie with little experience to challenge the WWE champion?
I agree here now, i don't mind Otunga getting squashed, he cost him the tag team titles, so he's angry at him and 2nd, he's a rookie whose never been in a match with a champion
They got away with it in the Bryan/Jericho match, but they also put over Danielson's experience.
agree exactly, Daniel Bryan can go in the ring and always could go in the ring even at ROH, they are using Bryan and saying he has no personality, even his heel pro, The Miz says he has no personality.
Otunga had no business putting up a challenge against Cena, especially when Cena is getting revenge and has a point to prove.
agree, especially with the revenge part which is why i didn't mind Otunga getting squashed.

Jericho is a heel though, not a face, and Daniel Bryan is the biggest name of all the rookies
I agree. In my book, Daniel Bryan should win and i hope he does and like Blade said, his gimmick is Indy guy whose well known by fans, but is hated by guys like Michael Cole (who lives in a cave or something, hahaha) and his gimmick is he's got no personality, i HOPE Bryan wins and ends up taking the Miz's U.S. title off him, but i don't see it happening.

And i agree with the guy who talked about CM Punk vs. Cena. I have no problem with Cena as a wrestler, my problems are more on how WWE (sometimes) spoil the winner of a Cena match. Like the Big Show vs. Cena, i KNEW who would win, Batista vs. Cena at Wrestlemania, also predictable, but at least Extreme Rules isn't easy to guess because Cena actually showed us he can make Batista pass out, but back to my original view, my only issue with Cena is how WWE books him to either look like he doesn't stand a chance, then wins or when he runs over a former world Heavyweight Champion like he is nothing, but an NXT rookie. i don't mind seeing Punk lose to Cena, but not in a quick 1-2 minute match, have a 15-20 minute match whenever Cena wrestles, who i think should be considered top guys.

Which Big Show/Cena match are you talking about? Do you mean the last one in which Cena lost? Everybody thought the Sheamus vs Cena match at TLC was predictable. Guess what happened? Sheamus won and nobody saw that coming. So the WWE isn't predictable when it comes to Cena. Batista could win the title back at Extreme Rules.

A rookie can put a good match against a veteran. Just watch Cena's debut against Kurt Angle for a great example of this.
Cena has not lost cleanly against any heel for far too long, and when he goes up against a face, such as his match against HHH from before WM he wins cleanly. If HHH can take a clean loss to Cena,m then why can't Cena do the same for HHH?

He just lost to a heel cleanly a couple of weeks ago when the Big Show laid him out with the knockout punch. Also, HHH was the winner of the last match these two have had that didn't end in disqualification (the RAW before Bragging Rights) so Cena actually can take a clean loss to HHH.

Losing all of those matches, especially the one that (kayfabe wise) took him off of the show, to Cena was the best thing for the Miz. I believe that 90 percent of the boards here thought that the old Miz was a joke and would only be the Jannetty of Miz and Morrison. Fast forward to him getting squashed by Cena and it results in the Miz we see now. When he had to repackage himself, he transformed into the Miz everybody here knows and loves today.

A rookie can put a good match against a veteran. Just watch Cena's debut against Kurt Angle for a great example of this.
Cena already had way more wrestling experience than Otunga at that point.

But this is vinny mc .. he hasn't and never have guts .. he's not a risk taker guy ..

Vinnie Mac's not a risk taker? Let's see:

• He went against wrestling "etiquette" by expanding his wrestling territory in order to create a single, gigantic entity.
  • He created a "wrestling Superbowl" known as Wrestlemania, which in turn introduced the concept of pay-per-view wrestling.
  • At a time when local tv stations were showing only their territory's wrestling, his wrestling was being shown nationwide.
  • The XFL and his bodybuilding thing from a few years back. If stepping out of your comfort zone does not qualify as a risk, then I have no idea what does.
  • Changing his product to adapt to the times. Hogan PG-13-Attitude era-Cena PG-13. With each change he did alienate fans of the previous era, but his business is still doing well, isn't it?
  • The often controversial or distasteful storylines of the Attitude era e.g. the crucifixion of SCSA, Kane-Katie Vick necrophilia, Val Venus, senior citizen Mae Young giving birth to a hand, Undertaker "murdering" Paul Bearer, the Hassan terrorist angle, etc.

The above examples qualify as risks in my book. Because VKM won't take a risk that he may believe won't produce enough gains to supplant the gains he is making with the current product qualifies him as a non-risk taker and not having business sense? Do you think the WWE just came into existence yesterday? You are aware that other wrestling organizations have gone out of business while the E is still standing? If VKM has no business sense how is it that he was able to survive near bankruptcy before the Attitude era, or the money (estimated in the millions) lost with the failed XFL and bodybuilding ventures and still be profitable? If anything, those failures disproves your belief that taking a risk guarantees success.

VKM's been running his business since 1982, and while I may not agree with some of his decisions, I will in no way accuse the man of having no business sense and not taking risks, because U.S. wrestling is profitable because of many of the risks that Vinnie Mac took.

the problem with super Cena is not that he makes others look weak its that he is booked to look to strong

examples

Orton vs Cena i quit match orton didn't look weak he was perfect Cena looked to strong by being booked to not just not say i quit after that beating but by beating Orton to quickly

David Otunga vs Cena why couldn't it be a back and forth match or at least have Otunga get some offense in not unfeasible even under the match circumstances with the storyline
one thing no one mention in regard to this was Kurt Angle vs Desmond Wolf similar concept brash rookie Wolf looks to make a name for himself of of Kurt who is the best in TNA Ontunga doesn't have the experience so he didn't have to beat cena but he could or given shown some fight at least for the first 3 minutes of so before Batista came out and had him Cena realizing this gets fired up slightly different booking little changes make it a lot better and make him seem like less of a unstoppable force

and Cena is only billed as the top dog of the company Orton has be the top guy overall for a couple of years

Cena is only doing what creative & Vince tell him to do.When will people get it,its fake. Every night, Cena along with all the other wrestlers get told what to do & they do it.I think in all everyone is tired of the Super Cena bit.WWE needs to do something they havent done in a long time,push someone new that fans can identify with other than Cena.But I wont hold my breath on it.

the problem with super Cena is not that he makes others look weak its that he is booked to look to strong

examples

Orton vs Cena i quit match orton didn't look weak he was perfect Cena looked to strong by being booked to not just not say i quit after that beating but by beating Orton to quickly

David Otunga vs Cena why couldn't it be a back and forth match or at least have Otunga get some offense in not unfeasible even under the match circumstances with the storyline
one thing no one mention in regard to this was Kurt Angle vs Desmond Wolf similar concept brash rookie Wolf looks to make a name for himself of of Kurt who is the best in TNA Ontunga doesn't have the experience so he didn't have to beat cena but he could or given shown some fight at least for the first 3 minutes of so before Batista came out and had him Cena realizing this gets fired up slightly different booking little changes make it a lot better and make him seem like less of a unstoppable force

and Cena is only billed as the top dog of the company Orton has be the top guy overall for a couple of years

I don't know how to make this any clearer than it already is. Otunga has been here for a couple of months. Not eight years like Cena, but a couple of months. Otunga is lucky he got to step in that ring with Cena at all and it is idiotic to think otherwise.

Cena has been the top guy overall for the last five years. Name me some great matches Orton has had over the past two or three years that didn't involve Cena. I'll be waiting.

First Post, be gentle with me.

Ok, I use to be a Cena fan. I loved/still love his energy, dedication to the fans, and respect for the military( i am in the military). What irrated me about him was the "gangsta" character, but that is gone and hopefully never comming back.

Now i said use to be a Cena fan. I'm not anymore, but in no way am I a Cena hater. People say he has the same 5 moves? So does everyone else in the WWE. People say his gimmick is old? So half the WWE. It's not his fault, its the writing staff. People say hes too strong? Didn't we just see Shawn Michaels kick out of 3 or 4 Tombstones and at least 1 last ride? Granted, yes it was his last match, but still, you don't see Cena kicking out of 2 or 3 Batista Bombs do we?

Now do I think Cena needs to be somewhere else in the company? Hell yes! Do what HHH or CM Punk is doing. Find a fued with someone who isnt a champion and just kick the living crap outta each other. Let someone like Orton or hell even Kane make a another run at the championship( yes i know Orton is getting a title shot). I'm pretty sick of the fact that Cena automatically gets a title shot just because he is Cena. Take a look a few years back when Jericho was champ. Cena had been out for a while and at his first day back at a PPV, he wins the title. That was B.S.

At the end, I guess what I'm saying is:

Give someone else a chance.

First Post, be gentle with me.

Ok, I use to be a Cena fan. I loved/still love his energy, dedication to the fans, and respect for the military( i am in the military). What irrated me about him was the "gangsta" character, but that is gone and hopefully never comming back.

Now i said use to be a Cena fan. I'm not anymore, but in no way am I a Cena hater. People say he has the same 5 moves? So does everyone else in the WWE. People say his gimmick is old? So half the WWE. It's not his fault, its the writing staff. People say hes too strong? Didn't we just see Shawn Michaels kick out of 3 or 4 Tombstones and at least 1 last ride? Granted, yes it was his last match, but still, you don't see Cena kicking out of 2 or 3 Batista Bombs do we?

Now do I think Cena needs to be somewhere else in the company? Hell yes! Do what HHH or CM Punk is doing. Find a fued with someone who isnt a champion and just kick the living crap outta each other. Let someone like Orton or hell even Kane make a another run at the championship( yes i know Orton is getting a title shot). I'm pretty sick of the fact that Cena automatically gets a title shot just because he is Cena. Take a look a few years back when Jericho was champ. Cena had been out for a while and at his first day back at a PPV, he wins the title. That was B.S.

At the end, I guess what I'm saying is:

Give someone else a chance.

I guess I can be gentle here but I have some points to made. You want Cena to find a feud with someone who isn't a champion. He did that most of 2008 by feuding with Batista and 2009 with Big Show and Miz so he has done it before. Orton has had too many title shots and he did okay with Kofi but Kofi isn't doing anything now so maybe it wasn't as helpful as people make it out to be. I didn't agree with Cena getting the title shot when he returned but it is what it is.

He did that most of 2008 by feuding with Batista and 2009 with Big Show and Miz so he has done it before.

Your right, and I enjoyed him then. Especially when he was feuding with The Miz. Though that was great. And you actually proved another point that I didn't mention, and that is Cena doesnt need to be in the title run to have matches.

Orton has had too many title shots and he did okay with Kofi but Kofi isn't doing anything now so maybe it wasn't as helpful as people make it out to be.

I don't think Orton has had to many title shots. Look at Edge, hes had just as many if not more the Orton. I think Edge actually has more title reigns then Orton. I really do hope they bring back the Orton/Kofi feud, that was great.

The biggest problem with 'Super Cena' as I see it, is that he is the man in the most important role in WWE and because he is continually pushed by the company, some fans cannot deal with it and hence they piss all over him...some even go so far as to invent reasons to dislike the man. Cena occupies the number one position in WWE which means he is very open to scrutiny from all directions.

My own opinion on Cena is that he is the best choice right now to represent WWE as its top talent, why? Firstly, he is possibly the most charismatic worker in the WWE, he is able to generate more reaction from the fans than anyone else and as we've seen sometimes that's all you need to be successful. Is the man the best wrestler in the world? No, he's not but then again was Hogan? Nope...how about Austin? Nope not him...Ultimate Warrior? Nope again!! The point I'm making here is that personality goes a long way in WWE and the undeniable fact is that John Cena oozes personality.

Now, just because I said he isn't the best in-ring performer does not mean that I believe he isn't a good in-ring performer because he is quite honestly but he does have his short comings, like a lot of people. The limited move set argument is a little harsh in my view, yes John Cena's current move set is limited and repeatitive but then again so are those of nearly every member of the WWE. To me that says it's WWE who instructs Cena to perform these moves, it's not that he doesn't have the ability to do more it's that WWE have their wrestlers work a safe and familiar routine due to their busy schedules and the fact that most fans desire to see trademark moves being performed when WWE is in town.

Therefore, if you attack John Cena for having a limited arsenal of moves then you should really be attacking the WWE roster in general. HHH, Orton, Michaels, Taker, Kane, Matt Hardy and many more all have a sequence of moves which are very easy to predict but that's just the way it seems to be.

As for Cena's superhero persona, I'll admit that at times it does seem unbelievable...he gets beat for the majoity of a match and then hits the FU or STF from out of no where and boom! The match is over. However, it has already been said in this thread that Cena's opponent rarely comes out of a match with him looking bad as usually they are permitted to dominate Cena before going down. It has also been shown that Cena does lose to people and cleanly for that matter, feck in his latest feud with Batista I rarely recall Cena having the better of him save for last week's Raw.

I think people need to lay off a bit with the Cena hatred...yes I would love to see him turn heel as much as the next mature fan but currently what he's doing as the face of the company demands that he is a pure babyface. Cena has a very clear role and in my mind (despite his shortcomings) he largely plays it very well and whether people like it or not he is easily the most over guy WWE has and until someone can provoke a bigger reaction I suggest people accept Cena for the time being. By all means criticize him when it is deserved but do not invent reasons to hate on him just because you want him to turn heel or not beat ROOKIE David Otunga in a dominating fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back