Do you really like Cena as wwe champion again?

mayhem

Pre-Show Stalwart
Lets gets people's thoughts on John Cena as wwe champion again on Raw now. In my opinion their are at least ten wrestlers in the wwe who are better skilled in the ring than Cena. So to me that makes Cena overrated if he has held the wwe title for over a year at one point considering Jeff Hardy is/was not in the top ten and held it for just one month.

In my view he has a very basic level of in ring moves and am tired of seeing him getting the upper hand on Orton when they face each other especially seeing as he was bashed to pieces at Breaking Point and then gives Orton the STF and suddenly Orton taps out. Orton is a way better wrestler than Cena and i hate Cena as the wwe champion.

Compare him to CM Punk as World Heavyweight Champion. Punk is better in the ring and to the TNA Champion Kurt Angle - Angle is better in the ring.

So what in the hell makes Cena so damn appealing? I'm tired of this guy insulting my intelligence as a fan because i know he can never pull off a 5 star match. Thoughts on Cena as the wwe champion AGAIN?

I think putting the title on the company's top face is an extremely clever thing to do. Whilst I think the Cena/Orton feud should have led up to Summerslam (or better yet, WrestleMania) with Cena getting the win there, the smart thing to do was have him beat Orton because it's always best when good goes over evil.

In my view he has a very basic level of in ring moves and am tired of seeing him getting the upper hand on Orton when they face each other especially seeing as he was bashed to pieces at Breaking Point and then gives Orton the STF and suddenly Orton taps out. Orton is a way better wrestler than Cena and i hate Cena as the wwe champion.
Cena is one of the best pro wrestlers in the world at the moment, if not the best. His character isn't one who goes out to be a good technical wrestler, which I presume is what you mean when you say he is "very basic in the ring."

Cena plays his character to perfection. He is the man who is not the most gifted individual in the world but never backs down and never gives in. What is wrong with thet character? He's the ultimate good guy and he beats evil, what's bad about that?

I'm with "The Todd" on this one. Cena's character isn't supposed to be the polished technician; he is the gritty, determined, blue collared working guy without an ounce of quit in him. I saw BP and the beating he took was really barbaric (seriously). I was really convinced that he was going to quit and should have quit. It was some of his best work in my opinion.

As the champion, the move accomplishes three things: the company's top guy is on top; it opens up more viable options for challengers (since Cena is THE FACE, we have the possibility of face vs face or face vs heel title matches); it allows Randy Orton to expand his psychotic character which he is growing into...

People like Cena because he is the guy that you could relate to. The superfan to got his break...his character comes across as the everyday guy (minus the fact that his built better than damn near all of his fans) that loves wrestling so we the fans see ourselves in him.

The only negative to Cena winning is that there are no viable heels besides Orton that are believable challengers to the belt now. The backstage issues that have been discussed in that "new stars aren't being built" is absolutely true here. Obviously the Cena/Orton program isn't over just yet, but when it is, and if Cena is still champion at that time, who challenges him next?

The easy answer might be that Cena could have a long title reign since no one would be believable in taking the title from him. This would be a good thing for someone like Orton, because I believe he is a better chaser than he is champion and hopefully this time without the belt will help him to refocus his character and work on the inconsistencies with it.

So the answer to the thread question is that I don't mind Cena as champion. He's probably the superstar most of us can relate to most. I see him as kind of a modern day. more successful Dusty Rhodes type character in a way. He's a working class guy, a guy willing to work hard and not cut corners to earn respect and get to the top. When a guy like that has the title, you want to root for him and you don't want someone bad taking the title away from him. That's what can make a good heel chaser too, is having the ultimate face eventually go down in a way they don't deserve. Just in doing that, it helps garner more heat for the heel. Having the ultimate face in Cena as champion is a win in every direction.

I like Cena as WWE champion. He hasn't held a championship since the start of this year. I for one am excited to see the Orton - Cena feud continue hopefully with Cena dropping the belt sometime before Wrestlemania so he can get it back on the grandest stage of them all.

So Cena may not be the most technical wrestler ever. He is supposed to be the man that never gives up and never backs down and does it all day in and day out for the fans. As I said in another thread. wrestling is in his blood. Besides. if you look at his matches with Triple H. these two bring out the best in each other.

I cannot wait to see what this brings. Also sorry for the use of periods my coma button does not seem to want to work today so I used periods to mark where they should be.

Cena as champ again! I feel there are more deserving people of the title. Mark Henry, MVP, hell even Funaki would be a better choice right now. Orton as champ brought some credibility back to the Championship. As long as you have Vanilla Ice...I mean John Cena...as champ...its a joke and a half.

Yes I am a Cena hater, that is for his in ring "skills", wich do not exist. Though, I do give him credit where it is due. When he is on the mic, he is good at cutting promos and being funny. But thats about it.

While im not John Cena's biggest fan I can't argue with the fact that (hate it or love it) he is the Number one wrestler in the world and has been for the past few years.... Cena is the companys biggest draw at the moment and top babyface so it makes sense to have the title on him especially seeing randy orton wasn't really doing anything with it. Besides CM Punk is a heel champion on Smackdown so RAWs champion would have to be a babyface by default in order to even things out

While im not John Cena's biggest fan I can't argue with the fact that (hate it or love it) he is the Number one wrestler in the world and has been for the past few years

Cena is not the number 1 wrestler in the world. Are you joking?! CM Punk is a better wrestler than John Cena and he's in the same company.

Kurt Angle the TNA Champion is probably the best in the world and if not he's definitely a better wrester than Cena. Come on man.

Cena is not the number 1 wrestler in the world. Are you joking?! CM Punk is a better wrestler than John Cena and he's in the same company.

Kurt Angle the TNA Champion is probably the best in the world and if not he's definitely a better wrester than Cena. Come on man.

Ok for those who didn't understand where I was going let me clarify this... when I say hes the best wrestler I was refering to overall popularity.... without a doubt Kurt Angle is the Best wrestler in the world in terms or talent but cena is wayy more popular....

I COULDN'T BE MORE PLEASED.

At all.

The only Raw wrestlers right now that I want touching that belt are Cena, Michaels, and Show. Since I know the two latter names aren't going to get a serious shot to reign over Raw, Cena is the only good choice. Him as the touring good guy/bad guy in 2006 and 2007 produced some of the best WWE matches of the decade and I want another reign just like that. Orton is boring, Trips is stale, but Cena has a connection with the audience and a great ability to wrestle that has left A TON of steam in all of his previous reigns. Let him run for a long time, I say!

It's great. I'm happy with the title change.

Cena is the number one guy in all of pro wrestling, why not put the biggest championship on him? It's been a while since he's held it so I don't see a problem with it at all. People that don't think Cena is a good wrestler are out of their minds. Cena works great match's and performs them as they are meant to be performed. If you've seen any of his work as the Prototype you would know he can do more moves but his current character doesn't need an arsenal of technical moves.

He's the guy that doesn't quit, he never gives up. Cena is the man and now the Champ is Here.

i dont mind him having the strap. i just hope to god he doesn't main event wrestlemania, which is inevitable. There isn't main event talent on Raw to compete for the championship like I think there is on Smackdown. I love Mark Henry, like MVP, Swagger is okay, but can you honestly see these guys going over Cena? Get ready for Cena and Orton to feud all the way to Survivor Series, possibly longer.

I don't care for Cena, but he is an accomplished main-eventer, and a big-time draw as champion. He has very good mic skills, and he is the biggest star on raw. His only real problem is his move-arsenal is somewhat limited, not Great Khali limited, but his matches all come across as looking the same to me. He has the same set up for his finish to each match, which obviously isn't exclusive to him, alot of good wrestlers also do. But his finisher isn't exactly believable to me, i mean, it doesn't look like it should put people out. I think maybe a new finisher would be nice. He definitly isn't the greatest in the ring, but people like him, so it's all fine.

No i dont like Cena as Champion hes a punk and after he made the WWE Title the Spinner that pissed me off because its the WWE TITLE and after watching him wrestle for 7 years in the WWE to me he still is the worsed worker i have ever seen i know i am gunna get a lot of heat for that but he shouldnt have the title period.

Cena is the number one guy in all of pro wrestling, why not put the biggest championship on him?

Actually he's not just ask John Cena himself he's said on multiple occasions that Randy Orton is the best wrestler in the company. Do I have a problem with him holding the belt ? Nah he should get a reign hell I'm a Orton fan and I was sick of him holding the title why ? Because Raw's booking has decimated his character and when he doesn't have the belt he's no longer every top faces bitc*.

It's great. I'm happy with the title change.

Cena is the number one guy in all of pro wrestling, why not put the biggest championship on him? It's been a while since he's held it so I don't see a problem with it at all. People that don't think Cena is a good wrestler are out of their minds. Cena works great match's and performs them as they are meant to be performed. If you've seen any of his work as the Prototype you would know he can do more moves but his current character doesn't need an arsenal of technical moves.

He's the guy that doesn't quit, he never gives up. Cena is the man and now the Champ is Here.

I've seen his prototype stuff and honestly I don't think he wrestles any differently. Sure he may have had a more extensive repertoire, but he was sloppy then as he is now and he still showed his limitations in the ring. The thing is he knows how to be carried. He knows how to take an ass kicking and really that's all you need since most in todays wrestling don't know how to do either. Orton is just a bore in the ring and on the mic so ya Cena is the better option in terms of who should be champ. The fact is there is no other option. Cena is the go to guy and the face of the company and there really is nobody right now that is in the position to wear the belt. I mean Cena needs to be champ because he sure as hell can't make anyone look good (whether it's him or the way he is booked I don't care) and/or elevate anyone so there really is no other suitable position for a man who is the biggest star of the company.

Cena is Horibble wrestler. I hate what wwe did with him.What happend to the rap star? dang man i hate it. Cody rhodes looks like a god compared to cena.
i could name tons of wrestlers who are better than cena but that would take years to finish.

Cena is Horibble wrestler. I hate what wwe did with him.What happend to the rap star? dang man i hate it. Cody rhodes looks like a god compared to cena.
i could name tons of wrestlers who are better than cena but that would take years to finish.

What's horrible is your post and spelling. That gimmick was a good way for him to connect with the fans and once he went to the main event he went to a new gimmick. I'm good with Cena being champion because Orton didn't do anything spectacular. I'm of the opinion that Orton is a horrible champion anyway but not one of Jericho proportions.

I doubt you can name 10 wrestlers who are as good as Cena right now.

How come all of the the people who disagree with this always make a crappy post?

Anyway, like it or not, Cena's a major draw. Sure he's not an excellent in ring techician, but his character is done to PERFECTION. The fans love him, he's clean, he's on Vince's good side, and he is simply the right gut to be champ.

Well as ive seen and i believe fully, Cena is a better champ than contender, vice versa for Orton, and i think thats completely true

I like how Randy Orton is progressing and will be great in a HIAC because of that ruthlessness and i see a destruction of Cena then superman comin' on home for the win, unless the company descides this to be a short title rain for Cena. Problem with that is, Cena is very consistent when it comes to title reigns, barring injury.

The thing is Cena is LOVED by everyone 5 to 50 and is arguably one of the better champs, in the ranks of The Rock, Hogan, Stone Cold, and Naitch so i see again the ruthlessness of Orton coming thru completely and Cena Supermanning it up and winning in explosive fashion

So, Yes Cena is a good champ one of the best ever and i see a good fued ahead with Orton and a long title reign

Question is not only do we fans hate Cena as wwe champion it should be why do fans hate cena sooo much and here are my answers 1. John Cena's title reign. alot of people hate John Cena because of his long title reign which was a year long and was longer also because Edge held it for a month before that and Cena held it awhile before Edge's reig. Why should Cena get the tittle again. There are many great wrestlers that work there damn asses off sacrifice there body and family life to give it all in the business and get no where. Why should that not matter. Look at great wrestlers such as The UnderTaker, Shawn Michaels ,Carlito,Matt Hardy,Jack Swagger ,MVP and Mark Henry When was the last time any of these wrestlers had the tittle? A long time why because teen age girls and gay males watch wrestling so they can sit there and drool over john cena . No it is not fair. Please he came in at # 30 at the royal rumble go figure. It was peaceful with out Cena and I hope someone hurts him for good and puts him out of action. The day Cena sacrifices and works his *** off is the day he deserves the tittle. He should not come in and get everything handed to him.
He comes out each and every week and runs his damn mouth and makes great wrestlers who work there asses off sit in the back each week because there is no time for them on tv because cena has to hog it all that is what he has done. Why can't vince realize that his only fans are gay males and teenage girls

WWE shoved Cena down our throats where it was like they were force feeding him to the fans! For a while it seemed like he was the only young athlete that they would push. His signature moves are either just regular moves with taunts or moves that you would see 9 year olds doing while watching wrestling in their living rooms lol
-FU(Poor mans Death valley driver)
- 5 knuckle shuffle(Poor mans peoples elbow a fist drop w/a taunt)
-STFU

Everybody hates him because he NEVER LOSES. Its really annoying to see him come in and always "overcome the odds". I think the WWE really needs to do something with another superstar other than him for once...i mean other than when he's injured. People don't want to see the same thing over and over again. We like change. Not to mention that Cena does the same 5 moves every time he wins (every match).....1)Shoulder block 2)Shoulder block 3)rotational thrust powerbomb 4)5 knuckle shuffle 5)FU. HES SO ANNOYING and its actually kind of funny too see all the hardcore wrestling fans JEER him at PPVs. If your a true wrestling fan, then you HAVE to hate Cena...there's nothing else to it.
Most Cena haters hate John Cena because...

They don't like his Marine gimmick.
They didn't enjoy seeing his year long title reign.
He wins too much for them. I mean, he beat many great wrestlers like Edge, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton. Many of these wrestlers that he beat were fan favorites.
They don't like his moveset because they claim that he only performs the same 5 moves in the ring.

OK, GOOD ANSWERS SOME OF YOU GAVE, BUT LET'S GO TO THE POINT, IF I LIKE CENA? NOOO WAY I WILL NEVER LIKE HIM. BUT HERE I EXPLAIN IT ALL....

Good lord. Turn off the fucking caps key, is that REALLY so difficult for you to do?

NOW, SOME OF YOU GUYS SAID CENA IS THE BEST WRESTLER IN THE WORLD, THAT IS A DISRESPECT TO GUYS LIKE KURT ANGLE, RIC FLAIR, HARLEY RACE, TRIPLE H, RANDY ORTON, EDGE AND OTHER "REAL" WRESTLERS PLEASE!!!!!!!! CENA IS NOT EVEN THE 4TH PART OF GOOD OF THOSE GUYS, SO OK HE'S A DRAW LIKE HOGAN, BUT NOT A GOOD WRESTLER RIGHT?

A) Harley Race? Harley Race hasn't wrestled in nearly 20 years.

B) You clearly are mistaking technical ability for being the only thing that matters in a wrestler. It's not. Are you going to tell me Chris Benoit is a better wrestler than Hulk Hogan? Because I'll laugh you right out of this thread.

IM SICK REALLY, IM SICK OF HEARING PEOPLE SAY THAT CENA IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD, COME ON! HE'S THE CHAMP BUT NOT THE BEST IN THE WORLD, PLEASE! THE GUY YOU SEE WINNING ALL THE TIME IS NOT NECESSARILY THE BEST HUUUMM! OK? SO PLEASE ANALIZE THAT!

I can't even decipher that paragraph, anyone else care to take a crack?

Cena is the best in the world right now when it comes to all-around talent as a pro wrestler. This isn't debatable. And what's funny here is that I'm not a Cena fan at all, yet even I can recognize this. There's more to pro wrestling than technical moves, and the sooner you learn that, the sooner you can stop throwing temper tantrums every time Cena wins a match.

And please, I beg of you...turn off the fucking caps.

honestly i dont like cena as much as the next person, but at least i'll tell u why instead of hating on him like its some kind of trend. okay, cena came in with ruthless agression, worked his off right? then came the rapper cena which was my favorite. i think that they couldve modified it and kept with todays standards. a rapping face that makes fun of ppl, a rapper is a rapper right? anyways. he worked his ass off and got to the top, just like rock, stone cold and more before him. and to be honest, he has been in the company longer than the rock, but ppl say he has everything handed to him, i dont see that. when u can connect with the audience, regardless of those that dont like u, cuz there will be those that dont like someone, its just the way it is. thats y he is so over and gets the spotlight. me personally, i used to enjoy him, but i cant stand anymore because he has become a parody of wat he used to make fun of. if the old cena had seen the new one, he would make fun of him so bad, it wouldnt even be funny. but that was in the past, and this is now. he's very lame on mic with his i will not quit catchphrases. to the older fan, im one of em, i cant take him seriously, and his gimmick doesnt appeal to older fans, unless ur a casual fan, who watches every now and then.

Here are some of my thoughts for him:
*He is not best in anything related to wrestling as a sport. If he is good at one thing, his merchandise sells better than anyone else. Thats why we see him as the champ every now and then.
*Wrestling is not a sport, its a business. Of course when you look at the company's point of view its good for the business, but for me as a wrestling fan, i can see much more better talents in the company today. Unfortunately not everyone gets the same push, or even if they do, they don't become a champion.
*WWE is focused on kids right now, (kids initiative, PG rated programs etc.) and every kid in the world loves Cena and everything he does. Why not make Cena the champion and get the most profit they can out of it.
*I hate to see Cena to be the champion, but with PG rating don't expect someone to come out and shout "hell yeah!"

For everybody hating on Cena because of his limited move set, does anybody here remember a certain yellow and red wearing douchebag that dominated the 80's with his say your prayers and eat your vitamins spiel? Come on, Hogan had punch punch rake the back get beat down start shaking wiggle finger bodyslam leg drop. And he's still regarded as a super legend, the man that made sports entertainment what it is today, yadda yadda yadda. Go back to the 80s and ask how many "better wrestlers" got passed over because of him? And even though I loved the Ultimate Warrior back in the day, I think he had less moves than Hogan. But they had presence. And that's what I (yes, even as an "older fan") and many more like about Cena. I like his presence, I like his personal attitude away from the ring, his dedication, his take on all comers stand up for what's right and for the little guy attitude, etc. etc. I actually used to not really think one way or the other about the guy but he's grown on me and is actually one of my favorite personalities/characters. And I think a lot of that comes from the fact that he's real. He really does show an extension of his personal attitude in his wrestling persona and that is hard to discredit or even dislike. Whereas some people, especially the aformentioned yellow and red abomination, play politics, hold people back, get greedy (Hogan, Nash, Trips, Michaels to a degree, the list goes on), etc., he still does it for the love of what he does and what he believes in, an example of that being his support of the troops. Same type of die hard, steadfast, stick to your beliefs and values attitude a certain pink and black wearing excellence of execution had. You may hate the lack of moves, but look at all the longer reigning champions and there was a lot of them in that situation. Hogan, Warrior, even Undertaker did that, starting out w/choking everybody every 10 seconds and just throwing punches, but later moved on to flying clothesline, walk the ropes, tombstone... Triple H was like that, punches, punches, facebuster, pedigree... Stone Cold w/his Lou Thesz press, punches, wagging his head, stunner... Rock w/spinebuster, peoples elbow, rock bottom, pin... it happens and probably will always happen. The connection with the fans is a big part of success and the ability to draw, and if you're oozing charisma and have that certain quality that makes you stand out then you're going to be on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back