An Apology

Why did you even bother to ask this then, LSN:

Did you want someone to reiterate it to you?

No, not at all. I wasn't being clear. I've heard so many things and read them time and again, that I forget who said what. For example, Gelgarin referred to Davi as a " c*nt", and I got that wrong. I didn't remember Dagger saying that to Gelgarin until after you reminded me, even though I had read it before. I've got too many things going on in life to remember every word that's said on this forum, regardless of how many times I've read it.

No, not at all. I wasn't being clear. I've heard so many things and read them time and again, that I forget who said what. For example, Gelgarin referred to Davi as a " c*nt", and I got that wrong. I didn't remember Dagger saying that to Gelgarin until after you reminded me, even though I had read it before. I've got too many things going on in life to remember every word that's said on this forum, regardless of how many times I've read it.

Understandable.

Don't bring this stuff into the General Spam Discussion Section. It's concerning the election and should be posted in the appropriate section.

No, this has nothing to do with the election. That's why I posted it here.

I'm a Christian and I believe in God and the Bible, whether anyone else does is their own choice and I have no right to judge, period. In my beliefs, and apparently Dagger’s, the Bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin; big whoop. I sin, according to scripture, every day in different ways. Sometimes unintentionally and in some cases intentionally. Homosexuality does not mean that someone is a leper and that you should count that person as a failed individual.

Correct. Homosexuals should not be treated as social outcasts. A lot of Christians give the religion a bad name by living life with a "Holier than thou" attitude. I went through a phase as a teen when I was extremely judgmental, part of that came from strict parents and being raised in a Christian church. I still consider myself a Christian, and yes that does mean I view homosexuality as a sin. (Shattered, that should answer your question) However, no two sins are worse than the other. A kid stealing candy is just as sinful as a murderer killing someone innocent. A sin is a sin. No human being is perfect and I am no different.

Politicians and misguided Christians try to mix a sour taste into the gay rights issue. Who the hell are we say what a homosexual person can or cannot do? The Bible says that there is no spiritual scale on sin. Are you telling me that you have never done anything wrong in your life Dagger? Should your Dad count himself a failure because of you?

No, there is no scale on sin. Just as I said in the previous paragraph. I have sinned, just as you amd everyone else has. I am not perfect. That's no reason for my father to feel like a failure because of me. I went too far in that post, but it IS how I feel. I believe that we are to date people of the other gender. Some agree with that. Some do not.

What if my Son turns out homosexual? I’ll pray for him and love him just the same. It’s his life, not mine. I’ll do what I think is right, and he can do what he thinks is right. I can’t control him. No Christian is free of a sin, and it is time that they stop acting like the nonbelievers are the only ones that carry it.

I really like your attitude here. I personally would love my children no matter what they do. I would not be comfortable with them being homosexual, but I also do not believe in forcing my beliefs on others. My parents did that to me. I'd want my kids to be themselves rather than who I might want them to be. It's their life.

He called Gelg one of the worst posters here.

I did that to prove a point. So that he could see how it feels to be called things by someone who knows nothing about you. I have no dislike for Gelgarin. I don't even know the guy and we have spoken maybe twice if that.

So... you're resigning from the election?

No. I'm still participating. ;)

I also love that the guy whose platform hinges on his passion to do this job and his desire to put time into the site has only posted twice today. Once was in the debate thread, the other was this apology.

I have company this month. A close friend of my wife from California. We cannot afford to take any vacations for a while and we do not know when we will ever see each other again so her friend came to visit us for a whole month due to a long break at work. My normal posting habits should pick up again in the next few days when I have more time on my hands. Nice to know you miss my posting sprees, Coco.

Slyfox has proven time and time again that real men don't compromise or apologize.

Could I get some proof of that?

So what are your feelings on homosexuality?

My response to Kermit answers this.

I did that to prove a point. So that he could see how it feels to be called things by someone who knows nothing about you. I have no dislike for Gelgarin. I don't even know the guy and we have spoken maybe twice if that.

Indeed. I figured that. I was merely responding to LSN.

If that is what you were trying to do, then you probably should have said something like "his belly button sticks out too far & he's a burden on his mother." That would be something that you wouldn't know for certain because you have no proof, because you don't know him personally.

Instead of doing that, you stated something that was clearly untrue, despite the many pieces of evidence that prove you wrong slapping you in the face.

You're not very smart. (Despite not knowing you personally, I can safely assume that is the case due to the many pieces of evidence that support my case.)

So you were spouting yet more lies in order to prove a point?

Tell me; do you think it worked?

I'm no expert, but doesn't John 19:11 pretty directly refute this theory?

That's why I say in the spiritual sense. That statement more or less means that sin is sin. Ergo, don't point out someone's sawdust in their eye when you can't see the plank in your own. The term "no scale on sin" is used as a humbling reference against judging.

Sin does have a different scale in the world we live in. Different sins causes different outcomes. So, the idea that their is no scale on sin in the current world is inaccurate.

That's why I say in the spiritual sense. That statement more or less means that sin is sin. Ergo, don't point out someone's sawdust in their eye when you can't see the plank in your own. The term "no scale on sin" is used as a humbling reference against judging.

Sin does have a different scale in the world we live in. Different sins causes different outcomes. So, the idea that their is no scale on sin in the current world is inaccurate.

Punishment varies for crime and that is how it should be. But what is too harsh to you maybe fair to another culture and vice versa.

You think stoning of a woman who commits adultry is wrong but it is something that is pretty much a religious law and acceptable due to years of inherited customs. Would you say who are we to reject this for this scenario as well?

And don't make the stupidity of asking me if I think that its ok to get stoned.

You coulda just looked it up...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/homophobia

"unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality."

Your reading comprehension is poor:

Originally posted by me:
Could someone here please give me their definition of homophobia? I know what it means, but I'm curious as to how some of you define it.

I didn't ask to hear anyone's dictionary definition of homophobia, I wanted to hear personal definitions. Surprisingly, you failed. :rolleyes:

Punishment varies for crime and that is how it should be.

I never said punishment shouldn't vary between crimes?

But what is too harsh to you maybe fair to another culture and vice versa.

See below.

You think stoning of a woman who commits adultry is wrong but it is something that is pretty much a religious law and acceptable due to years of inherited customs. Would you say who are we to reject this for this scenario as well?

If you could word this properly, or make sense, then I could respond properly.

I didn't ask to hear anyone's dictionary definition of homophobia, I wanted to hear personal definitions. Surprisingly, you failed. :rolleyes:

Being terrified that gay people will break into your house in the middle of the night and criticize your light fixtures.

Correct. Homosexuals should not be treated as social outcasts. A lot of Christians give the religion a bad name by living life with a "Holier than thou" attitude. I went through a phase as a teen when I was extremely judgmental, part of that came from strict parents and being raised in a Christian church. I still consider myself a Christian, and yes that does mean I view homosexuality as a sin. (Shattered, that should answer your question) However, no two sins are worse than the other. A kid stealing candy is just as sinful as a murderer killing someone innocent. A sin is a sin. No human being is perfect and I am no different.

I really like your attitude here. I personally would love my children no matter what they do. I would not be comfortable with them being homosexual, but I also do not believe in forcing my beliefs on others. My parents did that to me. I'd want my kids to be themselves rather than who I might want them to be. It's their life.

So let me get this straight. You'd love your children no matter what they do, yet you wouldn't tolerate it if they lived with you (your words, not mine)?

Also, how can you love someone who is constantly sinning, since according to you being a homosexual is a sin?

So since according to you, a kid stealing a candy bar is just as bad as committing murder, does that mean being a homosexual is just as bad as committing murder since they're both sins and no sin is worse than the other (again, your words not mine)?

Do you see what's wrong with you? One thing is to not accept homosexuality which I'm fine with, but when you go and make comments like the one's you've made, you just make yourself look absolutely ignorant.

I never said punishment shouldn't vary between crimes?

See below.

If you could word this properly, or make sense, then I could respond properly.

A women is being stoned. Ok. Now you know that this is inhumane. And she should be tried by law. But stoning here is the law.

Now, can you say 'who are we to reject something that we don't have/follow' to this? Because that is what you said about homosexuality.

I understand they are very different, I just wanna know where the line is in having a problem and accepting it.

And I meant Matt Hardy.
Sam, if you found out your child was Matt Hardy, there would be a whole different discussion going on right now. Like how you let it slide that you're at least 50...

Oh Kermit. Oh my dear dear Kermit. Be really careful with some of your next statements. As somebody that has spent a lot of time with, and has done a lot of study about Christianity I understand why you are saying the things you are saying. But I also understand how misguided the general population of this section believes those statements to be... And they're not going to be as nice about it as I am.

I used to use the "don't hate the sinner, hate the sin" argument all the time. That and the "I don't hate gays, I just hate homosexuality" point are two of Christianity's biggest go-to statements. Then I realized how absolutely condescending it is to say "I don't hate you because you're gay. I just hate the sin that you are living in. We can still be friends and I'll pray for you!" I realize you feel like that is probably very humble of you, and like you're doing your duty as a Christian. I get it. That's how the modern church works. But it's incredibly condescending. "Gay people" have no intention of "changing their lives around" or "removing the sin from their lives".

They're probably wanting to look at you and say something along the lines of "who the fuck are you to tell me to change my life around? Why, because you think this part of my life is wrong? Unnatural? You know what I think is unnatural? People sitting in front of a computer for 12 hours a day instead of experiencing life, spending time with their family, or stuffing their faces so full of food that they die before they get to raise their kids. So yes...please continue telling ME I'm living a life of sin. Have fun feeling better than me. Don't worry...I'll pray for you!"

Honestly, I agree. Why does your religion get to decide how people that deny your religion live their lives? Manifest destiny baby...

Your reading comprehension is poor:

Wait just one goddamn second here, you stole Becker's everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back