• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

An Apology

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I feel that I owe a massive apology to the forum community as a whole. A true man is willing to admit when he has made a mistake, and unfortunately I have made a few.

Regarding what happened with Tastycles, I have apologized via PM. That matter is between the two of us, but I did admit that I was in the wrong in terms of what happened.

As far as me being accused of being homophobic, I am sorry for contradicting myself in my posts. I should have stayed true to how I actually am and been honest. What I had stated in the post that got quoted was how I feel. I understand why some people would feel offended by it. I should not compromise what I believe just to try to please everyone. I would rather be honest and be myself. If that means people disagree with me, then that is just another opporunity to debate on a topic. We are all adults here and can agree to disagree. I apologize for contradicting my posts. However, I have a right to my opinion just as much as each of you do.

I would also like to apologize for the behavior I showed towards Monkey's "Dagger is a (prejudiced remark withheld)" comments as well as towards people who criticised my video game. Whether Monkey was joking around or not, what I did was immature. The same can be said for my video game. I asked for criticism and I received it. Instead of unloading angry responses I should have taken the feedback and let it fuel my desire to improve the product. I am truly sorry for both of those incidents. I should have just let it go.

Then we have my actions during the video games tournament. It was downright unacceptable. I was arrogant in my defenses of my favorite titles, posted far below the quality I am capable of, backed out when people were simply trying to call me out on flawed arguments, and even buried many titles that I hadn't even played in order to push my personal favorites. I take full responsibility for turning people away from that event.

I feel awful and I just want to apologize to each of you for these issues, as well as any other time that I have done anything to betray anyone's trust or posted anything that offended anyone. I mean it from the bottom of my heart. I am sorry and I hope I will be able to earn back everyone's trust.

**Slyfox note** Remember, this is in the GSD, not the Bar Room. Watch yourselves.

I don't - nor will I ever - agree to disagree about homophobia. That means, should my son or daughter turn out to be gay, will I feel like I've "failed as a father," as if being homosexual is akin to being a crack fiend or a rapist or Jeff Hardy.

Except for those last three words, I'm deadly serious.

That shouldn't read what is does read but I'm on my phone and so we'll just have to live with it. I WOULDN'T feel like a failure as a father is what I meant to say. And I meant Matt Hardy.

As far as me being accused of being homophobic, I am sorry for contradicting myself in my posts. I should have stayed true to how I actually am and been honest. What I had stated in the post that got quoted was how I feel. I understand why some people would feel offended by it. I should not compromise what I believe just to try to please everyone. I would rather be honest and be myself. If that means people disagree with me, then that is just another opporunity to debate on a topic. We are all adults here and can agree to disagree. I apologize for contradicting my posts. However, I have a right to my opinion just as much as each of you do.

So you are homophobic?

People presented cases as to why you'd be a bad mod, you conceded and rendered them valid, so I don't know why I should vote for you now.

Slyfox has proven time and time again that real men don't compromise or apologize.

You're not ready.

I also love that the guy whose platform hinges on his passion to do this job and his desire to put time into the site has only posted twice today. Once was in the debate thread, the other was this apology.

"Hey guys, all your criticisms of me where correct. I do suck. You should still vote for me though, just because. ;)"

I never called Dias anything of the sort. I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible for a person to be jingoistic towards themselves; I think that would just be being an ass.

I directed the words you are remembering at Davi (or whatever his name is) in response to his decision to start blindly accusing me of bigotry.

Don't bring this stuff into the General Spam Discussion Section. It's concerning the election and should be posted in the appropriate section. I've stayed away from that section, but I feel as though you are presenting your stance on homosexuals, as a Christian, in a wrong manner.

For the record, being Christian and being against homosexuality is different than being against homosexuals in general.

I'm a Christian and I believe in God and the Bible, whether anyone else does is their own choice and I have no right to judge, period. In my beliefs, and apparently Dagger’s, the Bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin; big whoop. I sin, according to scripture, every day in different ways. Sometimes unintentionally and in some cases intentionally. Homosexuality does not mean that someone is a leper and that you should count that person as a failed individual.

Politicians and misguided Christians try to mix a sour taste into the gay rights issue. Who the hell are we say what a homosexual person can or cannot do? The Bible says that there is no spiritual scale on sin. Are you telling me that you have never done anything wrong in your life Dagger? Should your Dad count himself a failure because of you?

How are you, I, or anyone else better than the next person? It’s not our job to change the world, because we can’t. We can tell them about Jesus, but whether they choose to accept is up to them. People have free will, and if people truly don’t believe in Heaven or Hell, then they shouldn’t have a problem with how beliefs view homosexuality.

What if my Son turns out homosexual? I’ll pray for him and love him just the same. It’s his life, not mine. I’ll do what I think is right, and he can do what he thinks is right. I can’t control him. No Christian is free of a sin, and it is time that they stop acting like the nonbelievers are the only ones that carry it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back