2015-2016 NFL LD

While I'm completely on board for calling Burfict a piece of shit for his dirty hit but are we going to ignore the same helmet to helmet contact that Saizer laid out on Bernard that the referees ignored as well? This game was a sloppy, disgusting mess but Pittsburgh is far from being the good guys here.

While I'm completely on board for calling Burfict a piece of shit for his dirty hit but are we going to ignore the same helmet to helmet contact that Saizer laid out on Bernard that the referees ignored as well? This game was a sloppy, disgusting mess but Pittsburgh is far from being the good guys here.

As a Steelers fan I'll be the first to admit that they had their fair share. The game was chippy the whole night. Mike Munchak even got flagged for getting into with a player.

And the Bengals also had their fair share of injuries too.

But the Steelers knew when it was time to play the game, and the Bengals let their shit get in the way when it really counted.

If there's one thing I want the NFL to change, it's this ridiculous "when a receiver becomes a runner" logic. It changes what it means to make a catch and it changes what it means for a penalty. It's either a penalty or not and it's either a catch or not. Stop making this way more complicated than it should be.

FUCK. I am beyond pissed right now. Not that the Steelers won but how it went down. The Bengals lost b/c a few "team" members couldn't go a minute and a half w/out being thugs. I am here, just outside PBS, and so many fans are crying about the dirty Steelers. Give me a f'n break. It is a game of violence. The Steelers always play hard and push the rules to the limit. They try to get in your head and make you play their game. A game which they win 95% of the time. The Bengals have no one to blame but themselves for their complete ignorance.

@BSE, I'll retract my previous comments about Marvin being fired. After losing control of his team like that and the end result he very well might be gone.

1. Burfict is a complete moron.

2. Adam Jones doubled down on that.

3. Why in the holy fuck was Joey Porter, a defensive coach not even an offensive coach, on the field?

4. What in the blue hell was that 2pt conversion attempt?

5. Jeremy Hill summed up his entire season in one run. I'm not bitter at all I swear.

6. Big Ben is gonna hit a brick fucking wall when the painkillers wear off tomorrow.

7. Martavis Bryant's catch was sick.

What a ridiculously crazy game. Ant Brown potentially being out for the Steelers against the Patriots Broncos is brutal.

Edit: Not sure why I thought Patriots. Steelers without Brown against the Broncos is even worse.

OH and we got Bengals fans throwing beer cans at Ben, and cheering him being hurt.

So much karmic debt paid off in so little time.

Adam Jones doing some damage control on Instagram...

JK, he's making it worse.

[YOUTUBE]Zs4M2iwF7PE[/YOUTUBE]

(Warning, lots of swearing...in the 12 seconds of footage)

Well he can always go back to TNA.

I will say this much, Porter needed to be flagged on that whole shit show as well.

There's absolutely no need for an assistant coach to be on the field in any way shape or form. The rule is he can be on the field to check on a player, but all he was doing was mulling around Cincy's defense talking shit while they check on Ant.

I think the only coach that should be allowed on the field during a player injury is the head coach to check on the player.

It is a mad house down here. People are pissed and fighting like crazy. I guess opening the tailgate lots at 8am was a bad idea.

I'm chilling, taking it all in while pounding a bottle of Yukon Jack.

I will say this much, Porter needed to be flagged on that whole shit show as well.

There's absolutely no need for an assistant coach to be on the field in any way shape or form. The rule is he can be on the field to check on a player, but all he was doing was mulling around Cincy's defense talking shit while they check on Ant.

I think the only coach that should be allowed on the field during a player injury is the head coach to check on the player.

I wish Tomlin had a little more control of his staff and players as well. It's nowhere as bad as the Bengals, but there are times I wish the Steelers players weren't as smashmouth as they are. Antonio Brown and his showboating are one thing. The celebrating and the dancing....

I remember Joey Porter and his reaction after I believe Antonio's punt return a few weeks ago and the over the top celebration. Where Porter slid on his knees.

But that's all over the NFL. It's one of the biggest problems with the modern day sport. Just that cocky, unsportsmanlike attitude. It's not classy at all.

That game last night was really hard to watch. There were just so many stupid plays.

Vontaze Burfict and Adam Jones both need to be suspended. What they did was dirty, illegal, and cost their team. They should probably both get cut.

Marvin Lewis needs to be fired. He's 0-7 in the playoffs. How many more one-and-dones do we have to sit through until he's fired?

Being a huge Alabama fan, I was going for A.J. McCarron. He wasn't good, but I wasn't expecting much.

Why did the Steelers call so many short passes and screens? Ben Roethlisberger didn't look like himself as he is usually throwing deep passes.

Martavis Bryant's catch was one of the best I've ever seen, possibly the best ever.

How severe is Antonio Brown's injury? I don't see the Steelers getting past the Broncos without him.

The Steelers aren't getting past Denver if they play like they did last night. Brown coming back will help, but Ben needs to play better. It should be a great matchup.

1. Burfict is a complete moron.

2. Adam Jones doubled down on that.

Yet, I wonder what was said to them after the game. Did the coaches and other players angrily tell them how they cost their team the season? Or are they told: "Great hustle, Pacman. You da man. It was the &%$#@! refs that cost us the game."

It's so cold in Minnesota, the Vikes' Gjallarhorn broke.

CYXvreOUkAAp--x.jpg

So this must mean hell has frozen over.

And I've always heard hell would freeze over before the Vikings would win a Super Bowl.

I take this as a good omen.

That game last night was really hard to watch. There were just so many stupid plays.

Vontaze Burfict and Adam Jones both need to be suspended. What they did was dirty, illegal, and cost their team. They should probably both get cut.

I agree.

Marvin Lewis needs to be fired. He's 0-7 in the playoffs. How many more one-and-dones do we have to sit through until he's fired?

I agree.

Why did the Steelers call so many short passes and screens? Ben Roethlisberger didn't look like himself as he is usually throwing deep passes.

Well on the last drive it's because he hurt his throwing shoulder pretty bad, and clearly couldn't throw the ball that far.

But I could have sworn I was watching the 2012 Steelers, the way that play calling was. Todd Haley had been doing so good, and then he reverted back to his old ways. You have one of the best QB/WR trios on the game, that thrives off Big Ben throwing the ball down the field...and the entire majority of the game they're running the ball and throwing screens. Screens all over the damn place!

I understand the run game part. Toussant and Todman were doing surprisingly well, and I thought in the first half of the game they might as well take advantage of that and establish their run game while they can so later on Ben can easily throw it down the field.

However, did you know that Ben Roethlisberger is 0-4 whenever he has more than 40+ passing attempts in a game? Not sure if it means anything, but who knows maybe that's why they were running it more.

Martavis Bryant's catch was one of the best I've ever seen, possibly the best ever.

I agree. I think he is number one wide receiver material. The fact that the Steelers have him AND Brown is scary. Oh, and Big Ben...oh and Le'Veon Bell next year. Sure glad I'm a Steeler fan.

How severe is Antonio Brown's injury? I don't see the Steelers getting past the Broncos without him.

I will refer you to my response directly above. If Antonio can't play, it does make things a little harder. But if Ben is healthy, it's not as hard. Like we established, Bryant is a stud. And I think he has the ability to step up right now and fill that role. Then you have Markus Wheaton behind him, who was the number 2 wideout at the start of the season. Then you have DHB, who was very solid early in the season.

Then there's Heath Miller, who Ben can easily make a big part of the offense if he needs to. He usually doesn't because he relies on Brown and Bryant, but every once in awhile Ben finds Miller the entire game. He's still a solid TE and has a great pair of hands.

The Steelers aren't getting past Denver if they play like they did last night. Brown coming back will help, but Ben needs to play better. It should be a great matchup.

I agree if the play calling is anything like it was last night, Steelers aren't going anywhere. But the defense stepped up BIG TIME. All around that defense was fantastic. Ryan Shazier, if that guy is healthy, makes a huge impact in the game.

Ben wasn't the problem with the offense. First of all they are down to their third and fourth string running backs. Their running backs were a huge part of their game. Not just running, but receiving too. And pass blocking. Then there was the play calling, it was very conservative and pretty much the opposite of what worked all season long for the Steelers...throwing the ball down field.

But then again, Ben's injury was his own fault and I hate to say it. The guy held on to the ball way too long on that play.

But I'm looking forward to the Big Ben vs Noodle Arm Manning matchup. Both QBs can't throw the ball more than ten yards now.

Wasn't Blair Walsh's fault. That's on the snapper and the holder. Laces were out. Walsh was the only person to score for the Vikings today, not his fault at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back