1/7 WWE Monday Night Raw - The Great One Returns!

Lackluster at points but somewhat interesting on both sides. It wouldn't surprise me to see the crowd cheer Punk more than Rock at the Rumble. Wish WWE knew that so they could book the story accordingly.

Oh yeah, anyone that this is already or will ever be better than Rock Cena is almond joy.

honestly speaking punks promo before the rock came out was better than the one he said when rock was in the ring. the arms too short line would have been better if i didn't hear it 3 times a day on my ipod.

You have Broadway tunes on your iPod? Cool...

This show stunk until the third hour.

Punk's "pipe bomb" didn't have quite the pop it did in Vegas, which shouldn't surprise anyone. If it does... fuck off.

Punkeye the Crackhead had me rolling. Hey, Punk fanboys - it's okay to admit he looks like a crackhead. Seriously, admit the guy looks like absolute shit. You'll feel honest.

Punk's better with the serious stuff (which is usually pretty hilarious) and Rocky's the better hype man. Rocky was never great with the serious stuff, so that shouldn't shock anyone. He's a caricature, a clown. That also led to him being one of the five most successful wrestlers of all time.

If you think Rocky needs to get off the catchphrases, you have no idea what you're talking about. That's what made him famous. Why in the holy blue fuck would he drop what people love? Not everyone's an emo little bitch like Punk, sorry to say. Some guys are better at being high energy instead of looking like suicide is right around the corner. Rock has his game, Punk has his.

Again, I enjoyed the last hour and that's about it.

I get what you're saying except for the crackhead joke. That joke was super lame and I have to question your sense of humor if you laughed at that nonsense.

Also, not to be a dick but you're just as much a Rock fanboy as the people here are Punk fanboys.

I really don't know who to root for. I think Punk's a fraud and have wanted his title reign to end since last year's Elimination Chamber. On the other hand, The Rock's a has been who frankly doesn't entertain me all that much.

Help me out.

I get what you're saying except for the crackhead joke. That joke was super lame and I have to question your sense of humor if you laughed at that nonsense.

Also, not to be a dick but you're just as much a Rock fanboy as the people here are Punk fanboys.

Punkeye the crackhead was the only thing I found hilarious. Nick isn't a Rock fanboy. Austin marks like us took a long time to warm up to the Rock and it might not have fully happened until last year.

It's funny because it's true. Punk does look like a crackhead, and it's rarely thrown in his face.

Nick isn't a Rock fanboy. Austin marks like us took a long time to warm up to the Rock and it might not have fully happened until last year.

Hated Rocky for years. Not because he was awful or anything, but due to my being an Austin guy. Austin was (and still is) 3x the professional wrestler. I warmed up to Rocky a bit during 2000 (when Austin was out), but that dropped off when Austin returned. I just think it's cool he decided to come back. He didn't need to come back, but he did. And when he did, he brought a shit ton of interest back to wrestling.

Cool Raw, glad I stayed up till 4 watching it.

Some good matches at both ends of the show. Good seeing Ricky too.

Not entirely sure why that Big Show match existed though.

The Rock got the job done, same way he always does. Same old shit, but it works when you're the Rock. CM Punk's same old shit snt as old. AndThe two of them are cool!

Go Ryback!!!

It's funny because it's true. Punk does look like a crackhead, and it's rarely thrown in his face.

Maybe because it lacks anything resembling creativity?

Punk kind of looks like someone who uses Meth. He actually kind of looks like Jesse from Breaking Bad.

There. I just put more thought into that insult than Rock did.

Hated Rocky for years. Not because he was awful or anything, but due to my being an Austin guy. Austin was (and still is) 3x the professional wrestler. I warmed up to Rocky a bit during 2000 (when Austin was out), but that dropped off when Austin returned. I just think it's cool he decided to come back. He didn't need to come back, but he did. And when he did, he brought a shit ton of interest back to wrestling.

Fair enough.

Punk kind of looks like someone who uses Meth. He actually kind of looks like Jesse from Breaking Bad.

Blame Brian Gerwitz.

(I am aware he isn't there)

I am unaware of who that even is.
Former head writer of RAW. He was also behind most of The Rocks lines during the attitude era. So, if you have a problem with The Rocks lines...Blame the douche that wrote them, not the douche that said them. There is a good chance The Rock was just reading a script, blame the writers not Dwayne.

I suppose we'll to agree to disagree. I thought it was hilarious, and it was as creative as it could've been. I don't see anyone else being any more creative than that, especially Punk. If Rock's crime is lacking in original insults, fine, he's guilty... as is every other current WWE superstar, and more importantly, those scripting the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back